Battery Mart / battery-mart.com Reviews - batterymart.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 7.00/10 252 reviews

Battery Mart / battery-mart.com is not a merchant member
Battery Mart / battery-mart.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

Rating 4/102/5

"I purchased a ETX18L motorcycle battery for my Honda in March of 2012. Two months after that my army reserve unit was called up again for another tour to Afghanistan. I removed the battery from my bike before I left and left it on a piece of plywood in my heated basement. Upon my return a couple months ago, the battery was completely dead which wasn't necessarily a surprise to me given all that time I'd been gone. However, once I put it on my charger and charged it for quite some time, it never would achieve enough of a charge for the green light to come on indicating the battery had regained it's charge. so I decided to just let it charge for 3 or 4 days straight, what the heck, huh, and see what it would do. Well, it was still dead as a doornail. I measured surface voltage across the posts and it read just over 6 volts after all that charging! A real dud of a battery and just out of the warranty so I get to eat 90 bucks the hard way. Thanks Battery Mart! Not saying this is typical for all BM's battery sales, perhaps this was just a defective one from the git-go but it still leaves me screwed. I think I will research other battery providers before purchasing another one or maybe on something like this it is best to deal with a local dealer so you have face to face if any problems occur. I got about seven weeks and about 400 miles use out of this battery. Not real happy how things turned out."

modified review This review was modified by Saber7 on September 23 2013 11:18:43 AM

"We ordered a battery on-line because this vendor offered a good price for the product. It came promptly and has functioned as promised. It is too early to tell how long it will hold up to use in our fire alarm control panel, but so far it has been charging as it should."

"Everything I've ever ordered from this company has arrived on time; was exactly what I ordered; and the packaging was superior."

"I purchased a battery from battery-mart.com and 7 months later the battery failed. There was no abuse of the battery. It was cared for properly. There is absolutely no question that the battery is no good. I called and because the battery was one month out of warranty they would do NOTHING for me. They wouldn't even pro-rate a new battery (aka give me a discount). I usually get about 4 years our of this type of battery. I will no longer buy batteries from this company because (a) the battery obviously failed prematurely, and (b) they wouldn't stand by their product AT ALL. They made no effort whatsoever at customer service, but instead tried to tell me all the things that I might have done wrong when charging the battery (I have lots of experience with batteries). The facts are these, the battery was ONLY 1 month out of their measly little 6 month warranty, and the battery was never mistreated. The battery failed completely. I expect better service than this and when I don't get it, I go somewhere else. Buyer Beware!"

Rating 4/102/5

"Beware of evil UPS shipping cost/brokerage fee to Canadian customers, pushed by Batterymart Customer Service.

I placed an order for two 9V Li-ion rechargeable batteries from them, shipped to Toronto CAN. The payment procedure went through in no time, i.e choose shipping method ( USPS in my case ) of my choice. Paid and waited for order to be shipped. Few days later I received emails saying I had to choose UPS or they would not ship my order, no choice here so I accepted their suggestion. When I received my package, I got hit with a big brokerage fee by UPS, even more than my order's value, besides the ridiculous shipping charge from $4 USPS First class to $20 UPS standard. Emailed their CS asking for returning package due to the stupid brokerage fee UPS charged me, and was told it's my problem, and if I return my order, they will refund me, BUT minus my $20 original shipping cost, and return shipping cost too, both way. So if I return my package, I would leave in the dark with only few dollars left after Battery Mart charges shipping cost both way. Not a word of sympathy, or making customer happy to come back by any mean, just dead cold behaviour from Battery Mart. By reading many reviews here, I knew that I am not the only one who got treated this way if customers decide to return package for any reason.

I ended up by paying total $76.00 for two 9V rechargeable batteries, how cool!!! I don't even test or use these batteries, just put them somewhere out off my eyes, trying to forget a bad lesson.

My question is, if USPS shipping is not available for Canadian customers to choose from, why it is there on your webstore ? If I had known UPS shipping is $20 + $25 brokerage fee for two 9V li-ion rechargeable batteries costs $12.95 each, I would have purchased from my local store or going elsewhere...
And Battery Mart, don't tell us that duty/tariff and import tax are customer's responsibility, many of us knew that, I knew that, with nearly 10 years of buying online. The point is, if you already knew your customers will get hit so hard by UPS, why still let UPS as an shipping option, and even recommend it to your customers ? Will you think a customer would come back to you after paying $35 for a single rechargeable battery ? You do not care about your customer or you realy don't know ? Either way, it IS not a practical healthy business to say the least...
Kevin

modified review This review was modified by cafefun on September 01 2012 01:33:00 AM

"I ordered two sealed lead acid batteries and received the shipment within a few days. Unfortunately only one battery was in the box. I called their 1-800 number and very quickly was passed to a CSR. I explained the situation to her, and was initially worried that she might not believe me. The shipping weight on the box was too low for two batteries and when I pointed this out she said she'd contact her shipping department and then call me back. To my surprise she called back within the hour and said that they would immediately send out the second battery at no extra charge. I was impressed by their customer service. Every company makes the occasional shipping mistake, but few handle the problem so swiftly and competently. I will certainly order from Battery Mart again."

"Received my battery for my 1991 mazda miata,fit perfectly.
Fast shipping and fair shipping cost.Will deal again,the cost
is so much cheaper then in Canada and also more available.
Byron-Canada.

"Battery Mart has great prices and free shipping on select items. Customer service was on top of the order and had it packaged and shipped. Will shop with them again."

"poor customer service.I purchased a battery on line after several attempts the battery i needed for my cell phone was recfommended. I received the battery which was incorrect.I notified them immediately as you only have a small window of opportunity to return the item. they informed me I would receive a return envelope.that was 3 weeks ago no return envelope or battery."

"First time I've ordered from this vendor but it won't be the last. VERY fast delivery - 2 days. Could not touch their price from local sources and the product is excellent. Will probably be using this vendor for all future battery needs."

"This is the second time I have ordered from Battery Mart - they have come through fast yet once again. No issues either time and have no hesitation ordering anything from them."

"I'm glad I found this website. We don't have motorcycle parts places around here....and the prices! I saved at least $30 on this battery and that includes shipping. It was very easy to order and my battery came in a reasonable amount of time....just pop it in the bike and he was off. Thanks Battery Mart...you are now in my "favorites" list..."

Fastest service I have ever experienced on WEB. Ordered on Sunday, shipped Monday morning, received Wed morning- No shipping charges, excellent price. More then delighted with this company. The ultimate best!

"I Ordered a Battery for my 01 Yamaha YZF R6 and ordered the battery tender with it to keep it up to full charge. I am pleased with the order experience shipping was quick and Price could not be beat I looked locally for the battery and it was as much as both the battery and tender here. Battery was shipped fully charged which is very handy. Thanx for the order will use again when i need a battery. "

"Ordered a battery for a I415 phone from there web page for $14.95 plus $2.99. Called Peggy after I had received the battery and told her they sent me the wrong battery. She told me that is what I had ordered. I told Peggy that I had ordered a battery from there web page for a I415 phone. Peggy asked me if I wanted a refund. I said yes. She sent me a email and told me what to do. The battery cost was $17.98. If I send the battrey back I would lose the $2.99 for shipping and UPS wants $10.95 to send it back. That is is $13.94 for there mistake. All I would get back is $4.04. I ordere the right item, they switched it on me"