• Address: 1 Battery Drive Winchester, VA 22601
    • Contact: info@batterymart.com
    • Phone: 540-665-0065
    • Customer Support: 1-800-405-2121
    • Business Hours: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm Mon-Fri (Phone support available) 9:00 am - 3:00 pm Sat Closed Sun
    • Fax: 540-665-9623

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"Do not use these crooks! They advertise all over their website, and again on the invoice, that they offer a 1 year warranty. I bought a laptop battery from them, which conked out after 9 months. When I contacted them, they replied that it is only a 6 month warranty. I have sent them email after email since then, and haven't got a reply since the first one - disgusting service, false advertising and in my view fraudulent - DON'T TOUCH THEM."

modified review This review was modified by Lugs on July 31 2014 11:07:44 AM

"I tried to purchase a replacement battery for my roomba from batterymart.com. The transaction went through as expected.

BatteryMart later cancelled my order because the shipping address was 'unverified' by Paypal. Note that there was no 'we only ship to verified addresses' on the purchase form, and the address was supplied via paypal itself.

Batterymart does not seem to trust paypal process at all. Keep this in mind when ordering.

"I purchased a ETX18L motorcycle battery for my Honda in March of 2012. Two months after that my army reserve unit was called up again for another tour to Afghanistan. I removed the battery from my bike before I left and left it on a piece of plywood in my heated basement. Upon my return a couple months ago, the battery was completely dead which wasn't necessarily a surprise to me given all that time I'd been gone. However, once I put it on my charger and charged it for quite some time, it never would achieve enough of a charge for the green light to come on indicating the battery had regained it's charge. so I decided to just let it charge for 3 or 4 days straight, what the heck, huh, and see what it would do. Well, it was still dead as a doornail. I measured surface voltage across the posts and it read just over 6 volts after all that charging! A real dud of a battery and just out of the warranty so I get to eat 90 bucks the hard way. Thanks Battery Mart! Not saying this is typical for all BM's battery sales, perhaps this was just a defective one from the git-go but it still leaves me screwed. I think I will research other battery providers before purchasing another one or maybe on something like this it is best to deal with a local dealer so you have face to face if any problems occur. I got about seven weeks and about 400 miles use out of this battery. Not real happy how things turned out."

modified review This review was modified by Saber7 on September 23 2013 11:18:43 AM

"Best price for my car battery, free shipping. Delivered in two days (but I live in the next state over). No problems so far."

"We ordered a battery on-line because this vendor offered a good price for the product. It came promptly and has functioned as promised. It is too early to tell how long it will hold up to use in our fire alarm control panel, but so far it has been charging as it should."

"I recently ordered two batteries from Battery Mart/battery-mart.com, and am very pleased with their prices, and prompt delivery.

Thanks!

"Battery was shipped as promised. Reasonable price and arrived quicker than I anticipated"

"I just want to say for me the service was great. I received the battery and it was charged like they said, and so far it seems to be working great. Thank you Trudy"

modified review This review was modified by bush1172 on November 04 2012 07:23:55 PM

"I was unhappy with my order because the description of the battery did not mention an important piece of information- that lithium primary batteries are not allowed on airplanes! How can I take vacation photos if I am not allowed to bring my specialized battery on the plane with me? Major oversight! I received a refund, but I had to pay to send the battery back."

"Everything I've ever ordered from this company has arrived on time; was exactly what I ordered; and the packaging was superior."

"I purchased a battery from battery-mart.com and 7 months later the battery failed. There was no abuse of the battery. It was cared for properly. There is absolutely no question that the battery is no good. I called and because the battery was one month out of warranty they would do NOTHING for me. They wouldn't even pro-rate a new battery (aka give me a discount). I usually get about 4 years our of this type of battery. I will no longer buy batteries from this company because (a) the battery obviously failed prematurely, and (b) they wouldn't stand by their product AT ALL. They made no effort whatsoever at customer service, but instead tried to tell me all the things that I might have done wrong when charging the battery (I have lots of experience with batteries). The facts are these, the battery was ONLY 1 month out of their measly little 6 month warranty, and the battery was never mistreated. The battery failed completely. I expect better service than this and when I don't get it, I go somewhere else. Buyer Beware!"

"I recently returned from Afghanistan and couldn't wait to ride my motorcyle. But of course, after sitting for a year the battery was dead. After a very helpful and understanding representative addressed my problem with verifying my new address(all my fault, the battery was delivered a day after speaking with her. I'm now on the road and enjoying every minute of it! "

modified review This review was modified by Beach-bikin on September 03 2012 10:00:10 AM

"Beware of evil UPS shipping cost/brokerage fee to Canadian customers, pushed by Batterymart Customer Service.

I placed an order for two 9V Li-ion rechargeable batteries from them, shipped to Toronto CAN. The payment procedure went through in no time, i.e choose shipping method ( USPS in my case ) of my choice. Paid and waited for order to be shipped. Few days later I received emails saying I had to choose UPS or they would not ship my order, no choice here so I accepted their suggestion. When I received my package, I got hit with a big brokerage fee by UPS, even more than my order's value, besides the ridiculous shipping charge from $4 USPS First class to $20 UPS standard. Emailed their CS asking for returning package due to the stupid brokerage fee UPS charged me, and was told it's my problem, and if I return my order, they will refund me, BUT minus my $20 original shipping cost, and return shipping cost too, both way. So if I return my package, I would leave in the dark with only few dollars left after Battery Mart charges shipping cost both way. Not a word of sympathy, or making customer happy to come back by any mean, just dead cold behaviour from Battery Mart. By reading many reviews here, I knew that I am not the only one who got treated this way if customers decide to return package for any reason.

I ended up by paying total $76.00 for two 9V rechargeable batteries, how cool!!! I don't even test or use these batteries, just put them somewhere out off my eyes, trying to forget a bad lesson.

My question is, if USPS shipping is not available for Canadian customers to choose from, why it is there on your webstore ? If I had known UPS shipping is $20 + $25 brokerage fee for two 9V li-ion rechargeable batteries costs $12.95 each, I would have purchased from my local store or going elsewhere...
And Battery Mart, don't tell us that duty/tariff and import tax are customer's responsibility, many of us knew that, I knew that, with nearly 10 years of buying online. The point is, if you already knew your customers will get hit so hard by UPS, why still let UPS as an shipping option, and even recommend it to your customers ? Will you think a customer would come back to you after paying $35 for a single rechargeable battery ? You do not care about your customer or you realy don't know ? Either way, it IS not a practical healthy business to say the least...
Kevin

modified review This review was modified by cafefun on September 01 2012 01:33:00 AM

"I ordered two sealed lead acid batteries and received the shipment within a few days. Unfortunately only one battery was in the box. I called their 1-800 number and very quickly was passed to a CSR. I explained the situation to her, and was initially worried that she might not believe me. The shipping weight on the box was too low for two batteries and when I pointed this out she said she'd contact her shipping department and then call me back. To my surprise she called back within the hour and said that they would immediately send out the second battery at no extra charge. I was impressed by their customer service. Every company makes the occasional shipping mistake, but few handle the problem so swiftly and competently. I will certainly order from Battery Mart again."

"Received my battery for my 1991 mazda miata,fit perfectly.
Fast shipping and fair shipping cost.Will deal again,the cost
is so much cheaper then in Canada and also more available.
Byron-Canada.

Battery Mart / battery-mart.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Battery Mart / battery-mart.com is not a merchant member
Battery Mart / battery-mart.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!