• Address: 1313 E. Maple St., Ste 508 Bellingham, WA. 98225
    • Fax: 1-888-738-7953

Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10

"TL;DR
Customer service is confusing at best a impossible and infuriating at worst.

I have made 2 purchases to Battdepot, the first was less than a year ago, the second a little over a month ago.

The first purchase was for a battery and charger for my laptop. Everything was flawless, it still works today, and I received it very quickly.

The second purchase was for another charger of the same kind, I was ordering it for my boyfriend who has the same laptop as mine. This is where the problem starts.

Less than a month after getting the new charger it stopped working, the light on the A/C box lit up, but it did nothing when connected to a laptop. I tested it on both laptops (that are the same), wait half a day or so, tested it again (on both), no charge. Used a multi-meter to test the connection, tried it with many different wall outlets, made sure it didn't work at all. (Note the charger had no visible deformities and the other charger bought from BattDepot works fine on both laptops)

I went through the confusing process of the RMA form to get an exchange. Paid shipping to send it back and received the following, confusing and poorly written, reply:

"Thank you for contacting BattDepot.

Regarding to the RMA# ------ , our technician did a full detail test on your return power adapter on OCT 29, 2014 and find no issues/problems of this adapter. It can start and power up the laptop and charge battery normally. If the adapter cannot be charged from the laptop, it must be the part of your laptop is out of order or charging circuit on the mother board of the laptop is not working properly and need attention. Therefore, we would like us to ship this adapter back to you.

Please update us your preference and we will follow up accordingly. Thank you.

Regards,
BattDepot"

"...we would like us to ship this adapter back to you."
What do you mean by that? Do they pay for the $15 shipping or do I have to shell out more of my food money to receive a broken item?

"...preference ..."
Are they asking whether I want a broken cord back? Are they asking me to play the exchange game? With their idiotic 15% re-shelving fee?

I am confused by this and an unhappy customer.

UPDATE: The charger was returned to me, at no charge to me because I asked for it, and it STILL does NOT work on either laptop.
I am still an unhappy customer.

modified review This review was modified by eapk on November 05 2014 11:44:02 AM

"Buyer Beware!!! I would recommend this store to my worse enemy. Customer service is horrible. Sent me a faulty battery for my net book. Now I have to pay to send it back with no guarantees of getting a battery that works. In my opinion very unprofessional and lots of fine print just waiting to cover themselves when they don't give you something that works."

"BattDepot sent me a mobile phone battery that rendered my phone dysfunctional. When I followed they're, convoluted, return policy I was sent these exact words, "... please note our replacement battery have never caused a cell phone to to malfunction in almost countless amount of cellphone that we have sold."

So far, BattDepot has not offered, any, form of compensation.

modified review This review was modified by JustForThis on October 23 2014 06:38:55 PM

"i have paid 34.00 for my battery the number of battery is as10d51 4400mah 48wh and receivve a as10d41 4200mah with wh not specified annonced at 18.00 at battery depot cheap cheap bat battery depot =thieft never buy again liard"

modified review This review was modified by karl9111 on September 08 2014 08:10:34 PM

"BUYER BEWARE!! I wish I had read these reviews before doing business with this terrible company. They have their business set up so that they are never out of pocket. I purchased a laptop battery that would only half charge. I sent it back for an exchange at my expense. They pushed me to get a refund instead of an exchange and the reason for this is that if they issue a refund for the part, they are not out any money but I am out 2 x the cost of shipping. I forced them to send a new battery (which actually worked, although they didn't test it properly as promised) and this way, they were out shipping costs too. Never go for the refund, force them to send a new item at their expense (but I wouldn't recommend shopping from them in the first place). Terrible customer service and terrible business practices. "

"Would recommend not doing business with this company. Would not allow exchange of perfectly good part for another part."

modified review This review was modified by alloverem on August 18 2014 09:44:14 AM

"Ordered a battery for my macbook pro. The power cable was too short and the connector fell apart in my hands. I had to take several photos to avoid paying a restock fee and had to pay for the shipping to send it back. So all in all it took about $100... they only reimbursed me for $58 (the battery without shipping was $64) and they never bothered to email me to let me know they had received the battery and would be giving me a refund, I wanted them to send me a new, proper one."

modified review This review was modified by unsatisfiedcustumerno1076 on June 25 2014 10:08:41 PM

"Their website is deceiving. They do not inventory the adapters they show on the website, and their customer service is intentionally convoluted and confusing. After sending back the adapter, (which was the wrong model they sent), I still never received any money back, and I had to pay to return it. I would never purchase anything from them, and I would warn others not to as well."

modified review This review was modified by ath59 on April 27 2014 09:26:44 PM

"Battdepot.com sold me a laptop battery that (tested defective by their technician).

Battdepot.com refused not refund the $10 they charged me to ship me a “defective battery”, and refused refund the $19.95 to ship their “defective battery” back to them.

BattDepot.com refused to send me a working battery and took 2 months to refund me just the cost of the battery.

Over 3 months I have lost $29.95 on shipping a defective battery back and forth, and I still do not have a working battery from Battdepot.com.

modified review This review was modified by JohnHover on March 03 2014 01:57:21 PM

"Amazing!. Henry's Photo would charge me $139.00 CDN for a Power G5 replacement battery. BattDepot charged $7.00 for a generic one. It works fine, was at my door in 24 hrs after order.

Way to go ... BattDepot rocks

modified review This review was modified by Quebec01 on December 17 2013 01:31:44 PM

"Ordered a Replacement Cell Phone Battery for Samsung GALAXY S3 (2300 mAh) It was worse than the battery I was replacing. Sent it back and the next one was just as bad. These batteries are expensive garbage!"

modified review This review was modified by BKMember on November 06 2013 03:25:59 AM

"Battery is a piece of junk, will not fully discharge, gets to about 60% and then forces PC to power down with absolutely no warning. "

"This is one of the worst companies out there. Their return policy is so restrictive, you will never get your money back."

modified review This review was modified by north1778 on August 29 2013 05:00:39 PM

"They were great to deal with and I would purchase from them again, as I saved money as well."

"Terrible - I left multiple messages on a returned item (I ordered a second time and they got the order correct. I have yet to get a refund on the item though UPS shows it being sent back. I have left 4 messages and not gotten a return response. My credit card company refunded me as I put over $500k a year on my card and have NEVER had to initiate a chargeback - they said it was not worth my hassle. They will be following up and since I assume I will not hear back from them, I am having someone draw up a complaint to the BBB and I am going to ask for penalties. The last phone converstion (today) was recorded and I informed them so. I usually check reviews but since this was just a little over $100, I did not bother. "

modified review This review was modified by kcpreble on July 12 2013 11:30:50 AM

BattDepot is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BattDepot is not a merchant member
BattDepot does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!