Stores > BattDepot

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
Voice your opinion! Review BattDepot by clicking a star below.
2017-10-12

They never communicated

"I ordered camera battery on 9/14/17 and now it's 10/12/17. Still no battery. I tried repeatedly to contact the company with no response. They never communicated with me enough to let me know if it's on backorder or what. Now I don't have time to order another from someplace else before my vacation."

2017-09-05

Scammers - Burned plastic on a new adapter - AVOID

"I have an adapter that's over heating. Out of 3 identical ones I ordered for my laptop, it's the only one acting up.
I sent them a photo of burnt plastic etiquettes on the adapter and they won't refund me. They want me to go through their bullshit RMA process, wich has a higher shipping cost then the product cost to me.

2017-08-11

No RMA process - lie to you

"Battery Depot is garbage and I wish I had seen these reviews before using them. We ordered one laptop battery LAC215-AP
Upon arrival it did not work. Immediately e-mailed them. They sent some things to try to make it start charging but none of those steps worked. We even tried it in another laptop of the same model.. no different. It was definitely crap to start with.

Emailed them again, attaching a completed RMA request form. For the next 3 weeks they kept replying that we hadn't sent the RMA form (which I did every single reply and kept telling them - its right here, attached to this message, read it!). When I threatened them with filing a report with the BBB and going to social media, then they finally acknowledged receiving it. Still no RMA number provided to actually send it back. Forget this hassle. They are criminals, and should be shut down completely. Don't spent one cent on them. Tell everyone. We will be using our social media channels and every route we can to spread the word about them.

2017-08-10

Read reviews before buying

"Received faulty battery. Very hard to return plus I have to pay for shipping, not cool. Check the reviews on other sites for this company and heed the warnings "

2017-08-10

DISGUSTING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!

"I wish I had read the reviews before purchasing. They are a HORRID HORRID HORRID company they should NOT be trading!!!! I received an item that is FAULTY. I sent them images and videos showing that it's faulty.

PLEASE NOTE THEY WROTE ON THEIR LISTING THAT THIS BATTERY IS ORIGINAL HP BATTERY. NONE OF THEIR BATTERIES ARE ORIGINAL THEY ARE FAKE FAKE FAKE FROM CHINA. CHEAP PARTS THAT YOU CAN BUY ON EBAY

I requested from them a returns label to return the FAULTY item that they sent to me. Their response "we don't refund any returns postage". You will NOT RECEIVE YOUR MONEY BACK FOR RETURNING THIS ITEM WHETHER THE ITEM IS RECEIVED FAULTY OR NOT!!!!!!!

DON'T BUY DO NOT BUY FROM THEM SAVE YOURSELF THE MONEY. THEY ARE FAKE UNORIGINAL PARTS, THEIR SHIPPING IS £5 AND THEY WILL LEAVE YOU IN YOUR OWN CRAP IF YOU RECEIVE A FAULTY ITEM!!!

2017-08-01

Good experience

"Well, the proof is in the pudding as they say however ordered a replacement battery for my T520 Thinkpad Wednesday, chose the cheapest shipping option, was dispatched next day and arrived Monday - can't really say fairer than that. The battery looks good, was well packaged for the trip and so far seems to have charged fine although only time will tell how long it lasts.

So far so good, didn't deal with customer service so can't comment on that but wanted to at least give a contrasting review to the ones I've seen here. No problems :)

2017-07-21

BATTERY DEPOT AND PAYPAL SCAMS !!!!!!!!

"ORDERED 2 BATTERIES FROM BATTERY DEPOT...ONE WAS OK...THE OTHER DEFECTIVE.....FILLED OUT AN RMA FROM BATTERY DEPOT AND THEY FOUND IT DEFECTIVE......I PAID 15.50 TO SHIP IT BACK AND ANOTHER WAS SENT......TRIED TO RECLAIM MY SHIPPING FEE ONLY.... SINCE THEY SHIPPED A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT.......MADE A CLAIM WITH PAYPAL......THEY TOLD ME TO RETURN BOTH BATTERIES FOR A REFUND ANOTHER 30.00 TO RETURN BOTH BATTERIES...THAT WOULD PUT ME AT A 45 DOLLAR+ LOSS......WAY TO GO PAYPAL........PAYPAL IS ONLY GOOD WITH EBAY WHERE MERCHANTS REFUND ALL............FROM NOW ON WHEN ORDERING IN CANADA I WILL USE MY CREDIT CARD DIRECTLY AND CANCEL THE TRANSACTION IF I RUN UP AGAINST THESE KINDS OF SCAMS....WAY TO GO PAYPAL.......YOU BACK ANYONE FOR MONEY AND DO LITTLE TO SOLVE A SMALL PROBLEM.....IF YOU HAD DONE YOUR HOMEWORK ...YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN ALL THE COMPLAINTS AGAINST BATT DEPOT ON THE NET...TOO MUCH TROUBLE I GUESS.......AFTER MANY YEARS WITH PAYPAL........I GUESS THEY DON'T NEED MY BUSINESS......BUSINESSES ARE BUILT ON 1 CUSTOMER AT A TIME...WHEN YOU GET TOO BIG...YOU SEEM TO FORGET WHO GOT YOU WHERE YOU ARE !!!!!!!...SO BEWARE FOLKS !!!!!!"

2017-07-13

Wish I could give no stars because this is so careless a mistake

"Just received the shipment for replacement notebook adapter containing two incompatible parts that are visibly so very different it is difficult to believe they cold make such a mistake. Ordered 7/6 delivered 7/13.

Wish I saw this site before I ordered through them.

2017-06-25

Outstanding service

"Thank you for your prompt delivery. Your package was very secure, shipped to my mailbox which made it less of a worry. Worked perfectly and pictures are actual more clear. I am very happy with your service. Definitely 5 * TSLhank you."

2017-06-10

Battery at great price. Fast delivery.

"I have to admit i got worried finding out all the negative reviews after i placed my order for a Dell replacement battery. I paid extra to have next day delivery. I emailed to express my concerns and got a prompt email reply. The battery showed up the next day. Can't ask for better service so far. I just hope the battery lasts as it should."

2017-02-27

Products not fit for purpose

"Ordered a laptop battery and it was dispatched within 24 and I received it. About a month or so in, the laptop charger stops working. A slightly protracted email correspondence for the RMA process followed and I sent it back and they issued a replacement. After less than 2 weeks, the replacement failed too. Wrote them a strongly worded email about getting a refund and all the shipping charges refunded but they will only offer a replacement despite the product not being fit for purpose. Apparently they do not have a customer service director (which given the dissatisfaction on here is no suprise) and the MD / CEO will not deal with complaints.
Will report to trading standards but a pretty terrible experience. Don't buy anything from here. I'd probably recommend spending the money to buy a new laptop as in the long run would work out cheaper.

2017-02-16

This place is a joke, unfiar transaction- will NEVER do business with them again

"I bought 3 lightbulbs for $8 and paid $11 in shipping (which was slow by the way). The bulbs had a white ring around them not allowing them to fit any light fixture. I had no option to return them. When I contacted BattDepot they gave me a set of complicated instructions on how to get a RMA number, including a disclaimer that they will charge me a 25% restocking fee, no refund of the $11 shipping even though it was not my fault, and I have to send the item at my own expense. Of course I'm not sending the item as it doesn't make sense. WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS with them again. "

2017-02-13

Won't order from them again

"I ordered a laptop battery from BattDepot before realizing I didn't need it. I phoned and cancelled the order an hour later and sent an email within 2 hours of that. 24 hours later I received a shipping notification. I phoned multiple times only getting voicemail. I also emailed to which they replied a day later that they were sorry it had shipped already and that I could return it when it arrived. I followed the steps for return but they refuse to issue an RMA number. I have sent multiple emails to which I get belligerent replies and still no one will answer the phone."

2017-02-09

Thieves - how I describe Battdepot

"Ordered a battery and charge 5 weeks ago and still did not arrive. When I email Why. They blame myHermes that lost parcel. I asked them to refund money they refused by saying that waiting for confirmation from myHermes. This take a 5 weeks and still not confirmation from Hermes????? I do not trust them. "

2017-01-26

5000+ Reviewers Can't Be Wrong

"Ordered an AC adapter for a laptop. Shipped quick enough; didn't work, though. I cannot even begin their ridiculously convoluted returns process because they never sent an e-mail confirmation of the order, or an invoice, or any other form of communication - which they unconditionally demand if you want a refund. No original invoice, no return, period. They also charged me twice for the adapter. You cannot reach anyone at this company by phone. The phone message you'll get says to use their live chat, where you won't be able to reach anyone, either. And they don't respond to e-mail. This is, hands down, the worst customer service I've ever encountered anywhere. People who received working items from Battery Depot, on time, were lucky; pure and simple. Know that if you decide to order from this company, you're counting on being lucky, too. And you may well be - but you may not. With a 1.8/5 rating on this site, your chances are not good. I'll be pursuing this issue with my credit card company - something you simply shouldn't have to do if you're dealing with an ethical vendor."

Share BattDepot's store rating

BattDepot is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BattDepot is not a merchant member
BattDepot does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!