Bass Pro Shops Reviews - basspro.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 5.67/10 15 reviews

Bass Pro Shops is not a merchant member
Bass Pro Shops does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Bass Pro sucks. First of all I purchased a rod from Bass Pro on Hwy. 288 in Houston Tx. and acidently broke the tip before I used it. I took it to the one on I-10 in Katy (still Houston area) and they told me I had to take it back to the store on Hwy. 288. Second, I took my 17 year old son to look at a rifle that he wanted at Bass Pro it seemed like the salesmen were ignoring us. We stood there for over 15 minutes w/o anyone acknowledging us - we left. Third and final visit I bought two reels and asked to have the fishing line put on for free. The salesman said the he could not do it, so I asked to speak to the manager. I told him that I spend a lot of money w/Bass Pro and that I would like to have the line put on for free. He pointed to the policy hanging on the wall and it said you had to spend $100.00 or more to get the line free. I had spent over $100 w/the two reels, but he said you had to spend $100.00 on a single reel. I told him that Academy puts their line on for free whenever you buy a new reel. The manager said he was sorry, but that was policy. I told him that he was telling me to shop at Academy. I had line put on one reel, because I had already paid for it. You want believe this, but I took the 2nd reel (Bass Pro's reel) to Academy and they put their line on for free ( probably because I spend a lot of money w/them as well). I will continue to spend my money at Academy. I believe they really appreciate my business. Bass Pro shop I hope you make it. Apparently a lot of employees are not happy with Bass Pro's management as well. Please read employee reviews @ http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Bass-Pro-Shops-Reviews-E9192.htm"

modified review This review was modified by wademikj on December 03 2013 12:26:12 PM

"Bass pro shops, is a store for people who live the outdoors. I personally have had great experiences at their stores."

"When I first got into hunting, RedHead (Bass Pro's hunting brand) was my favorite catalog. The prices were better than Cabela's. Somewhere along the way Cabela's saw much better success and their selection grew much larger than what Bass Pro could offer, and consequently, their prices were lower due to buying power. I still find the occasional deal with Bass Pro Shops that Cabela's can't touch. I'm sure I will be a lifelong customer because of that."

"I had been to that store a couple of times before to buy camping gear, such as a portable water filter(katadyn), a knife, and picked up a book which I ordered online. I will not set a foot in that store again because of the following experience I had the last time I went. I wanted to buy a .22LR rifle and after having waited almost an hour to see a salesman, finally my number was called and I asked to see 3 rifles I had read about online. The guy seemed rather careless and not particularly helpful when I asked him about his opinion about one make verses the other, including a problem I had read about with one of the makes. I finally picked the one I wanted. Being a non-US citizen(I'm Belgian), he asked me for proof of state residency, which consists of bills for the past 3 months showing my address, which I had brought with me. He looked at the bills and asked me if they were 'the originals'. I told him that they were printouts and that I've never had originals because I did all my bills online(this is why the USPS may go bankrupt as we advance in the computer age!). He told me that he needed to have 'the originals'. I left.
I had a friend(also non-US citizen) who had recently purchased a shotgun from another shop(in Orlando) also using printouts of bills with his current address - not a problem. After that I went to another major firearms dealer in Miami, picked my rifle of choice(Marlin 60), showed him my printed bills, DL, permanent residency card(green card), and after a background check was on my way with my new rifle. This is how it should be. The purchase price of the rifle was a bit more than at Basspro but it was worth it, and the salesman was pleasant and helpful - priceless. What is the difference between a printout from your own account online and one sent to you by regular mail, I have no idea, and it seems the Basspro salesman didn't know either since he asked me. How asinine.

Rating 4/102/5

"i like their store better than their website. in short the store is good - the website not so much."

"my experience with Bass pro shops in the past was fair to decent! The last order I made was for a EZ mount trolling motor bracket. It states "Now you can mount your trolling motor anywhere on your boat" what they failed to say was...it's flimsy,untested,poorly made and if you chose to return it? you may wait until the cows come home to get your money back! I purchased this product in Feb. when it arrived it was already broken...a part fell off when I opened the package. I rigged it up so I could use it and found in the first minute it wouldn't work...in fact I almost lost my motor.
I called and said I needed a RMA so I could return it and get my money back. Today is march 17th and still haven't been issued a refund. I was told everything would be taken care of! never will I buy ANYTHING from bass pro again their service right down to the personnal is unacceptable. I could go on and on about this event but the bottom line is they SUCK! amazon.com puts them to shame they are everything bass pro is not!

"I have purchased items from Bass Pro Shops for 5 years now. My experience with every order has been first rate.
This order was placed on 4-2 and received on 4-7. The order was correct and well packed.
All orders have been the correct item, complete and arrived in just a few days.
I really like the fact that I can read other users feedback on most items even if that review is bad.

"Ordered a headlamp that was supposedly out of stock, but would be shipped within two weeks. A few days later I get a phone call asking if I want to keep my order, at double the price I paid, or cancel it. The representative claimed that their cost from the supplier had gone up and they couldn't honor the price I bought at.

At least they were nice enough to call, but this was a pretty lame move on their part. I won't be shopping with Bass Pro Shops again.

modified review This review was modified by SC05 on February 12 2010 04:57:25 PM
Rating 4/102/5

"I ordered a kayak on 9/2/2009, including payment of $111 for shipping. Having gotten no confirmation and status showing "In Progress", I called and was told the order had been voided because the shipper said the item was oversize for delivery to my house. Helloooo - I guess no one felt it was necessary to call or email me.... Update: Then I find they charged me after all! Called back, now cust svc tells me they re-entered order with a different order # and "corrected" shipping! And still didn't call or email. What an operation! Update: BPS sent an email update with new order number late in day."

modified review This review was modified by stuartnicholson on September 04 2009 03:43:06 PM

"I placed an order with them online, but I called them "FIRST" to make sure it was the correct product and in stock, and they said it was.

Guess what? they still sent me the wrong one, and of course they don't have the correct one in inventory and apparently never did...

Buyer Beware

"Got an awesome fishing pole and platic worms. They have everything you need. I like this company."

modified review This review was modified by mechanbill on October 13 2007 12:01:01 PM

"Got a great deal for fishing lures. The package was shipped promptly and arrived in 4 days. I would shop from them again."

"This is a reputable company with very good customer service, as well as reasonable prices on all outdoor goods."

Arizona

"This store has the best service out there. I have ordered fishing poles,lures,baits,waders,line,terminal tackle etc. and have always had prompt delivery. Easy to order items on the website. I even had to send back a combo I didn't like (they have a 30 day MBG on all purchases less S&H) and had no problems getting a refund. They sent a letter in the mail detailing what was returned and how much was credited and the date, which was the full amount less S&H.

To sum it up, excellent site and worry free ordering, good customer service and products, and have good deals too like stretch pay :).

A+++

Mike AZ

"Ordered a Shimano Castaic SF using the 6 month deferred payment plan. Got confirmation of shipment on the 8th I expect the reel to arrive on Saturday...

Well I got it wednesday.... So maybe next time I will go for a faster shipping option....

I wish they had better selection of rods though or at least a store within the central texas area...

modified review This review was modified by OtterFisk on September 19 2004 02:28:40 PM