Stores > Bass Pro Shops

• Bass Pro Shops

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

Terrible customer Service

"Long story short...I bought three shirts that didn't fit. Returned them - paid for postage. Returned them 3/23/16 - have receipt they were received 3/26/16. never got credit - called and emailed - told i did get credit on my credit card - NO, I didn't. They don't return call, don't credit me. Now I have to put a dispute into my credit card company - a total of three calls and three emails and now it's 5/9/16 and still not resolved."

This review was modified by bassproshopwking on May 09 2016 05:18:08 PM

They do not care about their employees!

"Bass Pro shops has 94 stores and continue to make more. You mean to tell me that they "can't" afford to pay their employees enough to actually take care of theirself?! Anyone that works here will not make enough to be able to actually grow up. They pretend to be a family but the big guys up stairs are too greedy to actually acknowledge the great workers they have. I hope they realize it one day and actually pay their employees what they deserved especially someone with a college degree."

This review was modified by SusanGroatch on May 05 2016 02:31:39 PM

"Turning YOU Loose!!!"

"I'm done ordering ANYTHING from Bass Pro ever again! I said that before but now they have really hit bottom. I ordered a rod and reel for a tournament next week and paid $30 freaking dollars to have them shipped in (2 Days) . So I get an email saying the rod isn't in stock after all and the reel that I ordered Thursday with (2 Day) shipping , WON'T FREAKING BE HERE UNTIL Tuesday.... HELLO BASS PRO that's more than two days and if I would have known the rod , wasn't in stock never would have ordering ANY of this stuff, and just to hear from a rep on the phone that she will say something to her supervisor but couldn't say they would do anything.... REALLY ????? In my mind this is nothing short of a FREAKING SCAM BASS PRO......"GREEDY, GREEDY, GREEDY" that's all this company cares about, it's not the fun of Family fishing anymore, it's about how many Billions you make at the end of the year .... That's OK tho as there are MANY MORE where you come from and nicer to talk to over the phone also...."

This review was modified by Scoredagain on April 16 2016 12:51:12 PM

"I went to Bass Pro in Macon Ga early on a weekday morning to buy a Johnny Morris CarbonLite Casting Rod combo. When I asked "Cory" (the fishing area guy with no personality) he said (non emotionally) " We don't have any carbonlite combo's" I politely told him that they do on the web sight ( And still do ). He said he could put something together and asked what reel was on the combo. I told him the Pro Qualifier reel and he said there was no way he could do that ( Looking at me like I was crazy or something). Again I told him it was on the web sight, and he just ignored me and went to get the rod. I settled for a lesser quality reel and spent $50.00 more then the online price. I am more then pleased with the combo. Matter of fact I like it just as much as my other Carbonlite with a Pro Qualifier reel. But I feel like I got ripped off and I guess "Cory" was having a bad morning. It was not a fun experience at all. I also found out later that they would of spooled the reel for me. I wish Bass Pro would advertise this. I might be a little more happy about getting the shaft. The online combo is here http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Pro-Qualifier-Reel/Johnny-Morris-CarbonLite-Rod-Spinning-Combo/product/1408290631363/"

This review was modified by czyfox on January 01 2016 01:52:47 PM

"This site needs to be easier to find. Sadly I placed an order. After 11 days of run around trying to find out about my order I am told that over half is out of stock and the order has been canceled. The items were still showing in stock online. What is worse is when I first called I was told my order was in process and would ship within 2 days. When nothing arrived and I still could not see my order page online I contacted again. This resulted in two more contacts before I finally find out that I will not receive my order. But as I said above the items were still on the site 11 days later just at a higher price. I guess the Cyber Monday sale was a scam. By time I learned the true status of my order the stores were picked over and i was unable to get the merchandise. The sad thing is the customer service reps. did not seem to care. I guess they know that they work for a dishonest company. ... The worst part is I had picked up several gift cards at a local store to give for Christmas gifts. I guess I will just send apology letters with them and include something else. They will not get any more money from me. After yet another contact, by email this time, they did give me a $10.00 online credit, but I do not expect for them to honor it at this point. All I wanted were the cloths I ordered. Yes, I am upset by all this. Never have I had to go through this with a company that I have a choice to shop."

"I've placed 3 separate orders online with items that show as IN STOCK, but all 3 times I have gotten an email saying item was unavailable and order canceled. But when I go back online the item still shows up as in stock!? I think they just canceled my orders because I wasn't spending much and they were offering free shipping. Or else their web site is totally whacked out. No more orders to Bass Pro, Cabelas has been a much better experience for me. WHAT!! 4 times NOW! Yep. I tried one more time to order something shown as in stock as I sat here writing this and I just got an email that item is not available after I placed my order. Just incredible! Who shops this stupid store. I'll take all my business to Cabelas! "

"I purchased a 100mph rainsuit parka after several months of use the hood separated from the zipper. I contacted customer service who informed me hoods could not be purchased separately that my only option was to mail the coat to them at my expense of course and they would determine whether to replace it. Their customer service was horrible and not at all helpful. Anyone considering a purchase from bass pro shop please be aware of this if your hood gets damaged it can not be replaced and you have basically wasted 300 dollars. There are better options from better companies "

This review was modified by Bassprosucks on April 22 2015 09:52:59 AM

"things were not in stock not available, and then the only way to cancel your gift cards are to resend the card back to the person by mail what kind of ancient merchandising system is that? I will miss the sale and have to wait a week to shop, had I known that it would be this much a pain in the butt I would have waited and not ordered anything and driven to the store.. writing a bad review, horrible system. Just have the store hold my $100 credit so I can drive there today and not wait for my card in the mail, I called on that seems cant do that either, well the choices suck."

This review was modified by hikyle on December 27 2014 11:15:51 AM

" i got a gift card for my birthday and when i went to the store to use it everything i wanted to purchase was either over priced or out of stock after talking to a store clerk he suggested i order whatever i want on line -- this i did unfortunately what i wanted was out of stock also but the problem is they do not tell you its out of stock until after you enter your gift card number which in my case meant i have to wait a week to ten days for another gift card to come in the mail what a racket i just wanted to share the bait and switch and crummy way this company does business i after getting rid of this card Will never do business with this company again "

"I bought a single item from the online store and after two days I received an email stating that my order was being cancelled because the product is no longer available for purchase.I went online to see if I could find a comparable item to purchase and was shocked to find that the item IS available but under a different SKU and at a higher price (Same product description/color and everything).

I contacted Customer Service via their online chat service and spoke to Bryan who was not at all helpful.

He offered me a 10.00 store credit.I declined the credit as I will NOT being doing business with a dishonest company!

"Wow, what a horrible website experience. Ok, I ordered two items yesterday. The webpage does not allow you to review the order before processing it. So, there was two of one of the items. Please note my billing address was correct, but the shipping was not. I called and the girl removed the extra item. I received no confirmation on the change until today. It stated the items have shipped, but now both my billing and shipping addresses are wrong. Called today and she said "it already shipped, is there anything else I can do for you". I said no. However, I was thinking you already did enough. Hunting trip in 17 days and I somehow feel my order is not going to get here as the UPS guy will be in the WRONG Town!"

"I placed an order with Bass everything was in stock. Over the next two weeks I got emails sent to me saying out of stock after they charged my CC. I got my order the day before I left on my fishing trip even though I placed the order 3 weeks in advance.
When I called for customer service they said call a shop. The shop had zero interest in me unless I was coming to the store.
Bass Pro Shop is the poster child for skipping shopping online and walking into a quality shop and walking out satisfied.

"Bass Pro sucks. First of all I purchased a rod from Bass Pro on Hwy. 288 in Houston Tx. and acidently broke the tip before I used it. I took it to the one on I-10 in Katy (still Houston area) and they told me I had to take it back to the store on Hwy. 288. Second, I took my 17 year old son to look at a rifle that he wanted at Bass Pro it seemed like the salesmen were ignoring us. We stood there for over 15 minutes w/o anyone acknowledging us - we left. Third and final visit I bought two reels and asked to have the fishing line put on for free. The salesman said the he could not do it, so I asked to speak to the manager. I told him that I spend a lot of money w/Bass Pro and that I would like to have the line put on for free. He pointed to the policy hanging on the wall and it said you had to spend $100.00 or more to get the line free. I had spent over $100 w/the two reels, but he said you had to spend $100.00 on a single reel. I told him that Academy puts their line on for free whenever you buy a new reel. The manager said he was sorry, but that was policy. I told him that he was telling me to shop at Academy. I had line put on one reel, because I had already paid for it. You want believe this, but I took the 2nd reel (Bass Pro's reel) to Academy and they put their line on for free ( probably because I spend a lot of money w/them as well). I will continue to spend my money at Academy. I believe they really appreciate my business. Bass Pro shop I hope you make it. Apparently a lot of employees are not happy with Bass Pro's management as well. Please read employee reviews @ http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Bass-Pro-Shops-Reviews-E9192.htm"

This review was modified by wademikj on December 03 2013 12:26:12 PM

"Bass pro shops, is a store for people who live the outdoors. I personally have had great experiences at their stores."

"When I first got into hunting, RedHead (Bass Pro's hunting brand) was my favorite catalog. The prices were better than Cabela's. Somewhere along the way Cabela's saw much better success and their selection grew much larger than what Bass Pro could offer, and consequently, their prices were lower due to buying power. I still find the occasional deal with Bass Pro Shops that Cabela's can't touch. I'm sure I will be a lifelong customer because of that."

Share Bass Pro Shops's store rating

Bass Pro Shops is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bass Pro Shops is not a merchant member
Bass Pro Shops does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!