• Rating 5.67/10 138 reviews

Bason is not a merchant member
    Bason does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Bason contact information

• Address: 20500 Plummer Street Chatsworth, CA 91311
    • Contact: webmaster@basoncomputer.com
    • Phone: 818-725-9704
    • Customer Support: 818-725-9704
    • Business Hours: 7:30am - 6:00pm Mon-Fri 10:00am - 3:00pm Sat Closed Sun
    • Fax: 818-727-9066

• checkmark icon COD

"Do NOT purchase ANYTHING from this store!
I am still waiting for communication from Bason about the 4 input camera card I ordered from them... I have sent several e-mails requesting progress reports or anything - NO REPLIES to any e-mails.
Since ordering this product in February I did receive 1 reply, but only after sending an abrupt e-mail asking them to at least respond.
They finally did respond (this was about a month after I placed the online order, paying with my credit card) with a one-liner that told me nothing other than their online catalogues are not accurate or kept up-to-date; or more likely: a pack of lies.
When I found the card I needed on Bason's website (after painstakingly searching the Internet), the online form clearly stated the qty in stock as 4, however according to their reluctant e-mail reply, this is clearly not true as they said: (C&P from their e-mail)
"We don’t have this item in stock. We were trying to order it from our supplier. They have trouble filling this order.
Thanks"
That's all I was told. No apology or any indication of how long my order might take to be fulfilled or offer of a refund or anything! Not even ‘Dear Mr…’ or ‘Hello’…
As far as I am concerned, this is the worst online purchasing experience I’ve ever transacted and can only conclude that this online store is operated by shall we say: ‘less than totally honest people’ and judging by the experiences chronicled on this review forum by similarly affected customers, some kind of legal action should be effected to ensure their unscrupulous trading practices cannot continue any further…

modified review This review was modified by portert on May 23 2010 09:35:26 PM

"Power supply for external USB hard drive stopped working right after the warranty period expired. I ordered a new one for $15 dollars. After a week of waiting I called and found out the power supply I ordered had never been processed. Another week passed and the new power supply arrived D.O.A. I called for an RMA to replace it a week ago. I was promised a return phone call within 2 hours. Five and one half hours later I called again and found out the order still had not been entered into the system. I'm still waiting for an RMA and the promised follow up telephone call. Their customer service needs a major overhaul. An 800 telephone line would also be appreciated as the numerous unanswered long distance phone calls are getting pricey."

"Cavalry CAXM 500gb (Buy.com purchase) randomnly began deleting subdirectories. Called Bason and described problem. Ria said hard drive was probably defective.

Asked for immediate RMA # yet Bason took three days to get me one!

Bason won't ship me a new drive until they "inspect" defective model!

How long will the "inspection" take if RMA took three days to receive ???

modified review This review was modified by baron57 on June 13 2007 12:36:38 PM

"I ordered a Cavalry 500GB eSATA external hard from Buy.com. I was DOA and they would not exchange it. I conctacted teh distributor, Bason Computer and they gave me an RMA almost immediatally."

Caldwell ID

"I received a CAXM37400 ;400GB 3.5-IN 7200RPM HD IN CASE USB2 + SATA INTERFACE External Hard Drive from newegg.com on 02/02/07 that was DOA sent it to manufacturer, "Banson computer inc." on Feb,6/07 and and they sent me a NEW one on Feb. 12/07 and am very happy with Bason computer inc. Very Great service, and their Cavalry 400GB External Hard DRIVE is a great item!"

modified review This review was modified by Captainjihns on February 26 2007 01:09:43 PM

"I originally ordered a Maxtor hard drive in a Cavalry/Bason enclosure from eCost.com (via Shop.com) in March 2006, and originally it worked well out of the package. However, due to a faulty power cord, the performance of the drive/enclosure continued to degrade until I could no longer access any information and the PC could barely detect the drive. I e-mailed Bason customer service the day that the drive failed, received an apologetic response, and a request for my address so they could send out replacement parts and a promise to replace the entire external drive with a full data transfer if the replacement parts didn't work. Within a week they sent me not just a replacement cord, but a full replacement enclosure, and within five minutes my drive was working perfectly again. They were very polite and helpful, and I appreciate the excellent support."

"I am very unhappy with Bason for a number of reasons - first, the hard drive I purchased was not delivered in working fashion. Each time I called the company, I have been bounced from person to person, none of whom seemed willing to communicate or offer any solutions. Not one member of their so-called customer service treated me with respect or courtesy. I have spoken to Tiger Direct and they have correctly indicated that this is a Bason issue. I have attempted to call Bason 10 times and have all but given up hope. The one thing that is certain is that I will never purchase another item from Bason and recommend strongly that anyone else consider my plight before doing the same. Caveat emptor!"

Clayton CA

"Great price, excellent service. Removed tax charge when complained regarding my purchase address vs. credit card billing address."

"I found this store by going to pricewatch.com and then coming to resellerratings.com to make sure they are trustworthy. I highly recommend this procedure!!

I was not surprised. First time purchase at Bason. Purchase was easy and straight forward. I shipped it via cheapest way. It arrived in 2 days!!! New product, not some pull, no tricks, no muss no fuss. I would buy from them again with no hesitation!

"Placed an order on 07/11/06 for a Western Digital hard drive. Recieved order confirmation in a timely fashion. Started checking site after a week of not receiving order and was informed my order was being processed. E-mailed customer service after additional 1.5 weeks of such nonsense and received no response. Cancelled order as of today. Still no response."

"I ordered a large number of backup tapes (DLT). The price was good. The tapes arrived in a reasonable amount of time and were carefully packaged.

The tapes were as advertised. I have started using them and have had no problems. I would not hesitate to order from this store again.

"I ordered a PDA it was a little higher priced, but I did it anyway, it had a bad backup battery, and I asked Bason if they had a replacement to send me, which they did not, however they did offer to replace the PDA entirely.. but I cant get along without the darn thing now.. for any length of time, so I ordered a new battery online for it.

I am satisified with bason computers overall and impressed with thier honesty and quick response to my questions and requests.

modified review This review was modified by kajal on September 22 2005 07:49:55 PM

"I purchased some hard drives from Bason, they arrived ok. However, some were DOA and needed to be returned for a RMA, I called Bason and they issued me a RMA number, with which I proceded to return them to Bason. I have verified tracking information that shows they were returned and accepted by Bason. That was over 6 months ago, I have called and talked with them numerous times about my refund, and each time they tell me it will be processed right away, and of course each time it is not. This has happen each month, for the last 6 months. They have STOLEN over 1000.00 dollars from me. I have every intention of doing a chargeback and getting my money back!!!!"

idaho

"i orderd 2 300 gb harddrives and it was kinda bumpy at first but they helped me the whole way they did everything i asked and made sure i was informed and also they had great prices"

modified review This review was modified by jrreasons on July 22 2005 11:23:36 AM

"I bought a hard drive from Bason and it shipped same day! UPS then procceded to take there time delivering it. The hard drive was safely packaged and I had no problems."