• Barnes and Nobl

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.63/10 2.63/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.33/10 1.33/10

"I love shopping at Barnes and Noble"

"I placed an order with Barnes and Noble on June 19th 2015 and canceled that order a short time after aasI decided to download it on my nook instead. On Friday June 26th 2015 I still had not been refunded my money. I called customer service and the lady I spoke with told me she would submit a request for my funds to be returned and I would get my refund within 24 hours. Today is Monday June 29th and I still have not gotten my refund. I made another call to customer service and the man I spoke with said he will submit another request for the release of the funds and wouldn't tell ne much more. When i asked why its taking so long to get a refund he wouldn't respond. I then asked to speak to a supervisor and was told I'd get a call back shortly. I made this call at 10:30am it's now 2:15 and no one has called me back. I've also sent an email and was sent back a link to take a survey"

"I ORDERED A BOOK ABOUT 8 DAYS AGO AND IT'S STILL ISN'T HERE!!!! This has been the worst online shopping experience
of my life. I called them yesterday and asked what was going on, and they said it was delivered. THAT'S TOTAL BULL! They said they would deliver it the next day, but it's still not here. NEVER order from Barnes and Noble or you'll get ripped off like I did. They are a bunch of crooks!

"Oh my God, DO NOT BUY A TEXT BOOK for B and N. I ordered a book for them and found out it was from a 3rd party and when the package came there was no book in it!!! The 3rd party company said call the post office, even though the post office stamped it with a "shipped with no content" on it, then when I called B and N they said I need to forward my conformation email and the email I recieved from the 3rd party and then they may or may not refund me my money. Oh and on top of it I need to read 2 chapters of this book by Monday."

"Today I tried to order a book at Barnes Noble online - after going thru the whole process & clicking place order - it just disappeared.  This is not the 1st time in 2014/15 this has happened, when previously I called to ask when their site would be up to take orders - the B&H rep said (of course!) everything was fine, it was my fault.  I called a friend to try their site & they had the same exact problem.  In the last 4 months I've gotten damaged books, wrong books, etc. The sad part of this is that I want to shop at B&N ---  I've been ordering online for 5 years & been a customer for +15 years in their stores.  I'm a book lover, buy 3/6 books a month online for myself & friends.  B&N has gotten so bad that they will lose a good customer & they have lost many of my book lover friends.  Their reps are either either incompetent or just plain liars. Also they are playing games with their coupons --- sometimes it doesn't work & their reps pretend to take care of it but of course they lie place your order without using coupon code. I am sorry to leave B&H - my book buddies are saying about time. "

"A solid alternative to Amazon.com. Great selection, and decent packaging and delivery. Worth supporting if only to keep the bookstore game competitive, IMHO"

"Worst online shopping experience ever, came from Barnes and Noble. I ordered a book with cards coming along, it is however that they did not include the cards in the package that I received. I made a complaint that the product I received was different with what they advertise, and no one had replied my email.
In short, they have really bad customer service, and will not get the right product to you.

"Bought some of their Christmas teas online. Awesome! White Christmas is the best! Why isn't this an all year thing? Going to have to take a star away just for that!"

"great online and in-store selection"

"Bad customer service, bought a book online, cannot get any answer on when shipped, any tracking info, must wait for over a month before I can get ordered cancelled. I have been billed for item I have received. The item was bought by me through Barnes and Noble but they can't help me since it was a third party order."

"We researched the cost of a few books online then went into the store to buy ... saving shipping time. We found the books but B&N say their online and their store are not the same because online competes with Amazon. So we went back and ordered the books online with B&N. It was a pleasant experience and if Amazon has it or B&N has it, we'll order from the cheaper of the two, for new of course."

"Helped me pick out a great book for my long train ride. They spent a lot of time with me to go over what kind of books i enjoyed reading. "

"This merchant by far is the worst on the net I ever dealt with. I rented a book and a lab attachment card for my daughters college from them. They advertised a book rental with a NEW lab card code. My receipt invoice said book" plus New lab code but when I received my book, no lab code. I called Cs and got the run around to the supervisor. Ended with were sorry , doesn't matter what we advertised and what your invoice said, you don't get any lab code.
I already filed a complaint at the online consumer affairs site. I'm going to make sure the Internet consumer fraud complaint is also completed. I won't let this down as it goes to the principle of violating the consumer trust and defrauding customers out in the open without the fear of reprisal.

"Not only will the local stores not price match other stores, they won't even price match their OWN WEBSITE!!! Their brick-and-mortar stores are doomed!"

"My daughter ordered a book on 2/2/15. Used expedited shipping and its 10 days later ( or 8 business days) the book is still not here. I posted this to their facebook page only to have them ask me to private message them and they would look into it. All they did was tell me it would be delivered on 2/10/15. It is now the end of the day, mail already ran, on 2/12/15 and still no delivery. I will only buy books from Amazon from now on. Not barns and noble from Amazon, only a different company altogether. They refuse to answer me now and my daughter is still waiting for the book thats been sitting 30 miles away for over 2 days. No one is willing to do anything and we have spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on books through them. WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM EVER AGAIN."

Share Barnes and Noble's store rating

Barnes and Noble is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Barnes and Noble is a merchant member
Barnes and Noble participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,851 merchant members.