Barnes and NobCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.27/10 3.27/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.89/10 2.89/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.21/10 3.21/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.98/10 2.98/10

"Since July, 2014 I have used B&N's book rental service more than once and each time, I have had a most pleasant experience. When I needed assistance, customer service was there to help, making sure to address all of my concerns. Customer service is excellent, waiting time is short, and the "used" books are in excellent condition. I highly recommend this service, but try to determine whether you want to buy or rent the book beforehand or ask about prices in case you want to purchase the book in the end."

"Brought my friend's two year old son into the store with a cart so he wouldn't run all over the store. Immediately was told by a Barnes and Noble employee that no carts were allowed in the store. No compassion shown for costumers with kids. Couldn't shop in fear of child running around and ripping up books. Very disappointed in the store that doesn't allow carts for kids to sit in at least. Will take my business else where now. "

"I was awaiting for this book to release from a long time. I did pre-order it from barnes and nobles and I had the worst experience ever. The shipping was delayed by a week. I wanted to gift it someone on his birthday so it was late for me and I ordered it from somewhere. I wanted to cancel my order and I tried to do it in every way possible. I cancelled it using their online "Cancel" option, spoke with 3 different customer representatives to get it cancelled and everyone promised that we have submitted your request for cancellation. I did send them an email too to cancel the item but and after spending so much time and energy following up with these guys they shipped my order. It’s the worst experience ever I had for shopping online so beware of shopping with barnes and nobles online."

"I read an excellent book by Kevin Elliott thank you keep up the good work"

"I ordered a textbook online in the middle of JUNE, and I was given an estimate time of about a week/10 days for it to arrive. I was going to travel in the middle of july, so as the book didn't arrive, I canceled the order. Fortunately, they replied me promptly and politely, and returned my money. Now, in november, guess what just arrived? The book I ordered.. 5 months late?"

"wow, they have just about every book you can think of. I needed a book for school which was very last minutes and Barnes and nobles was the only place that had it and had a very fast delivery option. Boy am I so happy to have used them for purchasing my book."

"Kathy at B&N Highland Village was very rude! My mom paid for a Galaxy tab4 and waranty online. After getting a missleading e-mail and calling the srore about picking it up. I went there to pick it up she told me I had to pay for it and called my mom to see if she really paid for it. Then made me pay for it over250.00 with everything plus cover. My son and I just renewed membership. This does not make me want to shop there anymore and am thinking of returning everything! I have spent a lot of $ there and have never left with less than 3 books. "

"was double charged for online purchase. rude customer service when contacting them asking for resolution. now i must seek legal action. BUYER BEWARE!"

"I love my Barnes and Noble. I bought a Nook HD + last year and have been very happy. I love books and never thought I would enjoy digital books, but it is so convenient when traveling. I still buy my hardback books though and for that, I love browsing at the B&N store. I also have purchased an app that did not work and had B&N refund my money. I think they can work on some of their issues--I hope they do because I much prefer them to Amazon."

"I ordered 4 books online, to be picked up in the store. The total for the 4 books on line was $43.00. When I got to the store, the clerk rang up the books. The total came to $68! I commented that the total was incorrect, and showed my online order with the total. I was told that the online prices were different than the in store price! What?! By $25?!?!
"No thanks!" I walked out, and Barnes and Noble not only lost a $68 sale, but they also lost a $43 sale...what ridiculous marketing. I may have even picked up a few more items while I was in the store, but now, I wouldn't step foot back in there. With online books and Amazon, why would I shop at Barnes and Noble? I can answer that - I wouldn't

"I meet 2 of the owners at a conference last month and ordered a few deals to try out there site out, 4 weeks latter all have arrived and are exceptional value. Well done www.weallsave.com.au

"I ordered 2 books for a total of $52.17 on October 3rd. On October 6th I checked my checking account and discovered a second charge of $52.17 had been taken by Barnes & Noble, for a total of double what I should have been charged. When I called and complained, the Customer Service person told me that it was standard procedure for the 2nd charge which would be subtracted the moment the order was shipped. Then, upon checking, she informed me that indeed the order had already been shipped, but the charges remain and I was then told that the duplicate charge would be credited back to my account withing 24 hours. In years of buying online, I have never experienced a double dip and double talk like this. This will be my first and last time ordering from these people and god help them if I am not credited back to my checking account today as I won't stop shouting about their billing practices. "

"Ok so i have a membership in barnes and noble so i just decided to buy online since i have 1-3 days of free delivery. I ordered a couple of times and it went okay. It took 4days for the package to arrive. Then after that all the orders that i made takes forever to arrive. I always contact the customer service(which is helpful)and they sent me another copy. So it took me about a week to get my book rather that 1-3 days. I wish they would make the delivery time faster so it would ACTUALLY arrive on time."

"So I went to this Barnes and Nobles, bought a sketchbook, didn't get a bag because go green! But just when i passed through near the door, the alarm went off loud. I was panicking, the workers there told me to wait, so I waited. FOR 30 min. RUDE. They took my receipt, examined it like i was a thief. After I was proved I wasn't a thief, they didn't apologize or anything. All they said was "YOU ARE FINE, YOU CAN GO" Really? How rude. Customers do have the right to expect courtesy from workers.
Two months later, my friend went there. After she bought books, they just handed her books and said "Bye." Not "Come again," or " Thank you," or "Have a good day." Instead, she said it, but didn't reply. It wasn't like the worker was mute or didn't speak English or anything. Little things like that can really tick people off. They didn't change their attitude towards customers. Like com'on. How rude can they get?
Just because they have most of the books there, it doesn't mean they are the best selling book store. Hope they learn and actually change from this review.

"We visit our local store frequently. It's a great place to sit and read, and they have a large percentage of current books, as well as a small number of older ones. They are a valuable resource for me and my husband."

Barnes and Noble is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Barnes and Noble is a merchant member
Barnes and Noble participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,909 merchant members.