Barnes and NobCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.75/10 2.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.98/10 2.98/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.76/10 2.76/10

"Kathy at B&N Highland Village was very rude! My mom paid for a Galaxy tab4 and waranty online. After getting a missleading e-mail and calling the srore about picking it up. I went there to pick it up she told me I had to pay for it and called my mom to see if she really paid for it. Then made me pay for it over250.00 with everything plus cover. My son and I just renewed membership. This does not make me want to shop there anymore and am thinking of returning everything! I have spent a lot of $ there and have never left with less than 3 books. "

Sydney, Australia

"I ordered 2 books from them and after two weeks it arrives! And the prices were also reasonable. I'll probably purchase again."

"was double charged for online purchase. rude customer service when contacting them asking for resolution. now i must seek legal action. BUYER BEWARE!"

"I love my Barnes and Noble. I bought a Nook HD + last year and have been very happy. I love books and never thought I would enjoy digital books, but it is so convenient when traveling. I still buy my hardback books though and for that, I love browsing at the B&N store. I also have purchased an app that did not work and had B&N refund my money. I think they can work on some of their issues--I hope they do because I much prefer them to Amazon."

"I ordered 4 books online, to be picked up in the store. The total for the 4 books on line was $43.00. When I got to the store, the clerk rang up the books. The total came to $68! I commented that the total was incorrect, and showed my online order with the total. I was told that the online prices were different than the in store price! What?! By $25?!?!
"No thanks!" I walked out, and Barnes and Noble not only lost a $68 sale, but they also lost a $43 sale...what ridiculous marketing. I may have even picked up a few more items while I was in the store, but now, I wouldn't step foot back in there. With online books and Amazon, why would I shop at Barnes and Noble? I can answer that - I wouldn't

"I meet 2 of the owners at a conference last month and ordered a few deals to try out there site out, 4 weeks latter all have arrived and are exceptional value. Well done www.weallsave.com.au

"I ordered 2 books for a total of $52.17 on October 3rd. On October 6th I checked my checking account and discovered a second charge of $52.17 had been taken by Barnes & Noble, for a total of double what I should have been charged. When I called and complained, the Customer Service person told me that it was standard procedure for the 2nd charge which would be subtracted the moment the order was shipped. Then, upon checking, she informed me that indeed the order had already been shipped, but the charges remain and I was then told that the duplicate charge would be credited back to my account withing 24 hours. In years of buying online, I have never experienced a double dip and double talk like this. This will be my first and last time ordering from these people and god help them if I am not credited back to my checking account today as I won't stop shouting about their billing practices. "

"Ok so i have a membership in barnes and noble so i just decided to buy online since i have 1-3 days of free delivery. I ordered a couple of times and it went okay. It took 4days for the package to arrive. Then after that all the orders that i made takes forever to arrive. I always contact the customer service(which is helpful)and they sent me another copy. So it took me about a week to get my book rather that 1-3 days. I wish they would make the delivery time faster so it would ACTUALLY arrive on time."

"So I went to this Barnes and Nobles, bought a sketchbook, didn't get a bag because go green! But just when i passed through near the door, the alarm went off loud. I was panicking, the workers there told me to wait, so I waited. FOR 30 min. RUDE. They took my receipt, examined it like i was a thief. After I was proved I wasn't a thief, they didn't apologize or anything. All they said was "YOU ARE FINE, YOU CAN GO" Really? How rude. Customers do have the right to expect courtesy from workers.
Two months later, my friend went there. After she bought books, they just handed her books and said "Bye." Not "Come again," or " Thank you," or "Have a good day." Instead, she said it, but didn't reply. It wasn't like the worker was mute or didn't speak English or anything. Little things like that can really tick people off. They didn't change their attitude towards customers. Like com'on. How rude can they get?
Just because they have most of the books there, it doesn't mean they are the best selling book store. Hope they learn and actually change from this review.

"We visit our local store frequently. It's a great place to sit and read, and they have a large percentage of current books, as well as a small number of older ones. They are a valuable resource for me and my husband."

"I have been a faithful B&N customer for YEARS! Always my favorite place to go. I have bought in the store, online and had things shipped all over the place. B&N has ALWAYS exceeded my expectations. I ordered a Lego Plane for my grandson-we chose Express shipping-1-3 business days. The plane shipped that day and he had it the next. Impeccable Service. What all you whining people complain about are Marketplace items-when you go racing through the order and MISS the fact that Standard Shipping takes 4-14 days, you then blame Barnes and Noble because YOU failed to notice the shipping times! And textbook renters-RETURN YOUR BOOKS ON TIME-there will not be any late fees-Are they perfect? No-things happen. They ship over 10,000 orders a day-mistakes happen. So call Customer service-avoid the chat and email features and pick up the damn phone to call them. Get someone at an oversees call center-ASK FOR A US AGENT-guess what-they will TRANSFER YOU!

You complain about shipping-here it is-You place your order on Monday-the item states ships in 24 hours-that is the PROCESSING TIME-then you chose Standard shipping-that is 2-6 BUSINESS days-Monday thru Friday folks-DOES NOT INCLUDE SATURDAY AND SUNDAY! You are going to get your order by TUESDAY! Need it faster then choose EXPRESS-your order still requires 24 hours to process and then 1-3 BUSINESS DAYS in transit-you get the order by Thursday! Need it sooner than that? Then Expedited is 1-2 BUSINESS DAYS-meaning you get your order on WEDNESDAY! Need it faster BUY A NOOK! Good God they don't have carrier pigeons! And when you call TRY BEING NICE-You want to cop an attitude-then NO ONE wants to help you.

"This review is for Barnes and Noble.com. I went on there site to pre-order a signed 1st edition of the last book of my favorite series. Now common sense tells you people pre-order to insure they receive the product on the day of release and don't have to wait or go to the the store and gamble on whether it will be sold out. I normally do online orders with amazon but Barnes and Noble was offering a signed copy and since I always buy in their brick and mortar I figured it would order online with them. Big mistake. The book I pre-ordered and expected to get today (as this is the release date) has in fact just shipped today meaning I will be waiting another three days to get it even though I ordered it a week before the release date and I have a membership. They claim they can't ship until the release date but I have pre-ordered books from Amazon, Harper, and others and always had my books by the release unless there were issues with delivery. It seems to be common practice for online book vendors except B&N to deliver on release date so What is B&N's excuse? If I had known I would be waiting another three days after release to receive my book I would have bought it in store and just waited until the Author came to town for a signing on the 26th. Then atleast I would be able to read it right now.

"Went to Barnes and Noble in Honolulu to purchase a book, but it cost $60. Barnes and Noble online sells the exact same book for $35 so I decided to order it from the online store. I placed the order on Aug 4, 2014. On Aug 28th I received an email from Barnes and Noble stating that a refund had been issued to me - the message contained no additional information. I had to call the online store and have them tell me that the book was lost in the mail. I then asked if I could purchase the book at the Barnes and Noble store in Honolulu for the same price that I attempted to pay online. I was told that this is impossible. So, one month after I attempted to order the book at a discounted rate, I went back to Barnes and Noble store in Honolulu and paid $60 for the book"

"Do NOT order college textbooks through Barnes and Noble. Guarantee to be shipped within 24 hours. Paid extra to have shipped within 1-2 days. Now it is 4 days later and they still are processing. This is not the first time. Should've cancelled order after first issues. No one will tell you the same thing when you call to check on status. Always saying sorry I don't understand. This is horrible place to order anything. "

"This is a downright terrible place to shop. Within the past month, I have received 2 discount coupons from Barnes and Nobel that were e-mailed directly to me. BOTH times when I attempted to use it by placing an on-line order, I received an error message that the coupon was invalid.

The first time, I called their customer service number and was asked to give them my order information and credit card number. The order was place--however, what should have taken 5 minutes took more than an hour after waiting on hold and trying to explain why I was calling to someone who clearly could not speak English.

The second time, I called their customer service line about the SAME problem and was told, "Well, I don't know why that happened" I asked to speak to a manager and was hung up on.

Avoid this place at all costs, and if you need to buy a book, support local businesses.

Barnes and Noble is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Barnes and Noble is a merchant member
Barnes and Noble participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,865 merchant members.