Barnes and NobCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.50/10 4.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.31/10 5.31/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.13/10 4.13/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"these such a nice store, I always use for buying the products in these store"

"All my orders from Barnes and Nobles took more than 3 months to arrive, right now i waiting 4 orders that i made more than 4 months ago, they dont know where the orders are and they wont refund the order...i mean, i paid for the orders, they cant get a tracking code, they cant trace where in the world the orders are..."

"Barnes and Noble is a great store! I love the fact that their stores always keep a peaceful and relaxed environment which is perfect for studying! Not only do they have a variety of books in public stores but also online, that makes it a game changer!"

"Barnes and Noble used to be a respectable company. When I lived in Las Vegas I would frequent their stores because I liked the vibe and their selection. So I figure they were the victim of a competition take over and I'd see them as the underdog when I placed my order. I have ordered a couple of times via online and this last experience just put me over the edge. I ordered an ebook for my Nook application for my daughter. I looked at the rating to get an overview of what I was ordering and at the time it had a 4.5/5 one so I thought it was pretty safe to order. That was a huge mistake, I should have read through all the reviews because the "book" (I use quotes because it doesn't even qualify as anything more than a flier really) was a total of 6 pages and had no content to it. Each page had a huge picture (or two) and one or two sentences of generic information that my 8 year old could have written. On top of that, the cover has the image of what you think it may talk about but in reality that was a ruse and you are never given any information on how to do what the book promises you will learn. In this case it was a book on building the "ultimate" Minecraft house with a picture of a castle on the front. What you get is a flat, one-level house that any 6 year old could do. It has instructions like, "Build the foundation. This will eventually turn into the outer wall." "Now put lights up". If this is any indication of B&N's quality control on their ebooks they have a lot of improvements to make. The worst part is the reviews that B&N has allowed don't even review the book they are just a bunch of spam with 5 star ratings to inflate the ratings of this "book". So not only did they not QA the content of the book, they can't even QA the reviews on it to see if the ones posted are relevant to the actual item they are written under. So now that I can't trust the material nor the ratings I initiate a chat contact us to request a refund and to report the book. The person seems perplexed that I have a problem with a book that is only 6 pages. She then offers to transfer me to another department which results in her just ending the chat and nothing happening. So I try again, now I am already getting angry because the first rep neither understood my problem nor helped me. The next person accepts the chat and promptly terminates it before I say a word (yes it says your chat session has been ended). So obviously by now I am ticked off even more than I was at the start. So now I am calling their 800 number. I call once, I say the appropriate input and then I meet silence and a click (hung up). I try a second time with the same result.. So now I've had 4 failed contact attempts with this company of a piece of trash they call an ebook and I cannot get anyone to even look into it. I try a final time and call the 201 number because I am on edge now and I want a resolution. This is the worst customer service experience that I have had in the last few years. I get someone who then transfers me and then I get transferred again to a person in content. So they are dealing with the content problem with the ebook but still not a word about my refund. I start explaining to the person about why the content needs to be examined and also that the ratings are artificially high because people were spamming random comments about First or Second and not actually reviewing the book whilst giving it 5 stars. The person I was speaking to neither understood my problem with the content and she sighed audibly so that I could hear it. I went off on her as politely as I could about this company having the worst customer service and I doubt I will ever purchase anything ever again. That was met with a 'someone will review your report on the content and get back to you within 1-2 weeks. Barnes and Noble you guys have fallen well behind on your customer service protocol and your standards. Amazon will be getting all my business from this point forward, you have burned your bridges and seem to care very little about that. I am sure you will care when you finish going out of business like your competitors have."

"The worst customer service and business model I have seen in the 21st century! This review is being written after a 2nd time of being burned by Barnes and Noble. Books never arrive, can't get a refund as it's on a gift card!!!! I would never have shopped there a 2nd time but we were given the gift card and paid the difference. Rotten company, bad business BUYERS BE WARE!"

"Horrible experience using a gift card.

I wanted to buy a Nook book and I wanted to check it out but there were only two payment choices: credit card or Microsoft account? Whaaattt? I want to use my gift card!

After reading the FAQ and finally calling customer service I found out that I have to enter a credit card number in order to buy a Nook book using a gift card! Whaaattt? Yep, DRM or digital rights management (copy protection). After entering my credit card, I found out that I can't download the book. It said to look for the confirmation of the purchase in my email but I didn't find any. Found out after additional research that I need to install their special Nook application. The only way to read the book is through the Nook application. What?? Install yet another stinking app in my device or PC??

I can't wait for BN to go out of business. Hopefully, that will ensure that no one will ever give me a BN gift card in the future. On the other hand if they do go out of business, what will happen to my Nook purchase? What about my credit card info?

By the way... I'm supposed to give an invoice or order # to submit this review. Now since I can't find my confirmation email from BN (did they even send it?) ...how do I submit this review?? .......

"What an unbelievably bad experience this was. First, sellers on the site offer items for sale they don't actually have. When notified 9 hours later that the order was canceled, they hold gift card funds making it impossible to try a different seller. Customer service chat is a complete joke as well they leave you hanging for long periods of time and only provide copied and pasted answers that are of no help. If I didn't get gift cards from them, I would NEVER shop there. I'd rather pay a higher price elsewhere. "

"Barns and Noble is a horrible company with extremely inefficient supply chain system and horrible customer service.
I purchased 4 items via online using my gift card and credit card. Only one arrived after 7 days and I haven't received the remaining 3 items for 2 weeks. Called the customer service - they said the remaining items delivered to my home last week (they did not even told me that 4 items will be delivered ONE by ONE and did not even email me the remaining tracking numbers)

I asked them to give my credit back or resend them. They refused to do anything and I ended up calling my credit card company and dispute.

I bet this company will run out of business within 3 years.

"I really never had to sit and write any review before. However, this time is a must. Lets just say that with all the money I have spent to buy my daughter educational items, Barnes and noble will never see my money &and my friends money again.
I went to my local BR, have placed an on line order with one of their associate and I was told that I could return my book in the store if it did not work for any reason. Today, when I went there to return the book, the associate and store manger were nasty to say the least. I was told that I have to ship it back, because they could not resell the book in their store.
Really ??? As a customer, I should be able to return any item in their local store. Besides that, the manager had no customer service skills at all. He is better off working alone in a library, and not in a book store. Full of attitude head to toe with I really do not care manifesto in his face.
Hence, Highly irritated, I have decided to call the 1800 BR number whom also told me that I should not have any problem returning the book there, and she asked to speak to the manager with my phone.
The associate at the register called him, and he refused to show up by claiming that he had several ppl on line at the customer service area.
I left very angry , and the associate had a sarcastic smile in her face. God only knows what they said to each other afterwards.
But, one thing is for sure, I WILL NEVER shop there again.
You guys need to learn from AMAZON.
BR Alexandria, VA location
Jefferson hwy

"Supposed to be Express shipping....
Double checked the estimated processing times as I needed a book for my child's school reading club. Ordered the book on Thursday, and was sent a confirmation that it should have arrived on Tuesday - it didn't arrive until THURSDAY afternoon, by which time I had gone to a local book store and paid for a second book so my son would have it for class :(

"Issue was resolved. Will continue to shop here. "

"I hate to say it, but I can't wait until Barnes & Noble goes out of business.

Their website is clunky, labyrinthine, and they use an antiquated shipping address system that takes forever to get your own home address right.

Meanwhile, getting an order shipped from BN.com is a lot like roulette. Don't want the nice two-day shipping from UPS like Amazon gives you? Try going through DHL, an infamously horrid carrier that is so broke they'll just pawn your package off to USPS, adding days to your shipping time and muddying the waters on who holds responsibility when, inevitably, your books finally arrive and you find that they've been heavily damaged during shipping. If you need to buy books online, try either going through the publisher's site directly (especially if they're a small press), or tried and true Amazon.

"Usually excellent service. Love their stores and their selection."

"I shopped online for a Mothers Day present for my Mom. I ordered a tote and another item for her. The tote was advertised to be on sale for $4.95. It showed the discount being deducted from the total in the shopping cart. When I checked out it never showed me an itemized view of the total. After paying and receiving the email confirmation and receipt I noticed I had not in fact received the discount. When I went to the online chat help provided by the company I was disconnected by their staff three different time for inactivity before I was final able to receive help. When I was helped the answer I received was that they had determined that gift cards were not an eligible purchase for the discount on the tote bag. When I explained that it had shown up in the shopping cart as applying the discount the gentleman acknowledged that it originally did but was removed after I had entered in the payment phase. What!!!

It was only a $3 discount but I would not have ordered it otherwise. Besides I do not appreciate my totals being added to after the payment process has started.

"great book fast shipping and low cost"

Barnes and Noble is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Barnes and Noble is a merchant member
Barnes and Noble participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,877 merchant members.