Barnes and NobCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.64/10 1.64/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.64/10 1.64/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10

"Today I tried to order a book at Barnes Noble online - after going thru the whole process & clicking place order - it just disappeared.  This is not the 1st time in 2014/15 this has happened, when previously I called to ask when their site would be up to take orders - the B&H rep said (of course!) everything was fine, it was my fault.  I called a friend to try their site & they had the same exact problem.  In the last 4 months I've gotten damaged books, wrong books, etc. The sad part of this is that I want to shop at B&N ---  I've been ordering online for 5 years & been a customer for +15 years in their stores.  I'm a book lover, buy 3/6 books a month online for myself & friends.  B&N has gotten so bad that they will lose a good customer & they have lost many of my book lover friends.  Their reps are either either incompetent or just plain liars. Also they are playing games with their coupons --- sometimes it doesn't work & their reps pretend to take care of it but of course they lie place your order without using coupon code. I am sorry to leave B&H - my book buddies are saying about time. "

"A solid alternative to Amazon.com. Great selection, and decent packaging and delivery. Worth supporting if only to keep the bookstore game competitive, IMHO"

"Worst online shopping experience ever, came from Barnes and Noble. I ordered a book with cards coming along, it is however that they did not include the cards in the package that I received. I made a complaint that the product I received was different with what they advertise, and no one had replied my email.
In short, they have really bad customer service, and will not get the right product to you.

"Bought some of their Christmas teas online. Awesome! White Christmas is the best! Why isn't this an all year thing? Going to have to take a star away just for that!"

"great online and in-store selection"

"Bad customer service, bought a book online, cannot get any answer on when shipped, any tracking info, must wait for over a month before I can get ordered cancelled. I have been billed for item I have received. The item was bought by me through Barnes and Noble but they can't help me since it was a third party order."

"We researched the cost of a few books online then went into the store to buy ... saving shipping time. We found the books but B&N say their online and their store are not the same because online competes with Amazon. So we went back and ordered the books online with B&N. It was a pleasant experience and if Amazon has it or B&N has it, we'll order from the cheaper of the two, for new of course."

"Helped me pick out a great book for my long train ride. They spent a lot of time with me to go over what kind of books i enjoyed reading. "

"This merchant by far is the worst on the net I ever dealt with. I rented a book and a lab attachment card for my daughters college from them. They advertised a book rental with a NEW lab card code. My receipt invoice said book" plus New lab code but when I received my book, no lab code. I called Cs and got the run around to the supervisor. Ended with were sorry , doesn't matter what we advertised and what your invoice said, you don't get any lab code.
I already filed a complaint at the online consumer affairs site. I'm going to make sure the Internet consumer fraud complaint is also completed. I won't let this down as it goes to the principle of violating the consumer trust and defrauding customers out in the open without the fear of reprisal.

"Not only will the local stores not price match other stores, they won't even price match their OWN WEBSITE!!! Their brick-and-mortar stores are doomed!"

"My daughter ordered a book on 2/2/15. Used expedited shipping and its 10 days later ( or 8 business days) the book is still not here. I posted this to their facebook page only to have them ask me to private message them and they would look into it. All they did was tell me it would be delivered on 2/10/15. It is now the end of the day, mail already ran, on 2/12/15 and still no delivery. I will only buy books from Amazon from now on. Not barns and noble from Amazon, only a different company altogether. They refuse to answer me now and my daughter is still waiting for the book thats been sitting 30 miles away for over 2 days. No one is willing to do anything and we have spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on books through them. WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM EVER AGAIN."

"Ugh.

What a NIGHTMARE ordering textbook rentals!

I have UPS tracking numbers, etc. and despite speaking to numerous people about finding my ebook rentals? They are STILL charging me late fees despite claiming to give me a refund!

What an absolutely horrible experience - AVOID !!!

"It is horrible company that they sent me a book I didn't order."

"Stay away from Barnes and Noble.net!! The online store did not work, it processed an order twice, when I went to cancel it took three calls, the text book (which was supposed to get here in three days, took ten) thank goodness I ordered from somewhere else! It's taken 3 calls to get the refund processed. Finally sent an email saying they received the return, without any amount indicated or credit card it would be credited too! AHHHH Don't use this website for anything!!"

"NEVER AGAIN!!!
I purchased a book and paid extra for Express Shipping (1-3 business days). Barnes and Noble shipped the item using UPS Mail Innovation, one of the cheapest and slowest ways to ship. When I did not receive the item in 3 days, I called customer service and was told I am supposed to add one business day to the 1-3 for preparation which means 4 business days. That is NOT what the shipping timeline in my cart said! I was then told if the book did not come by day 4 I could call and get a refund on the shipping. Well, the book had still not arrived by the 5th business day so I called and asked for a shipping refund, and though they did it, the rep gave me a really difficult time.
When the book finally arrived, it was wrapped in nothing but a cardboard wrap and the pages were moist because of the wet, snowy weather. The book was supposed to be a gift, but due to the fact that it arrived late and the pages were damaged, I could not use it as a gift. I know I could return the book, but am not in the mood for another hassle. I am now displaying it with its ruined pages so all my family and friends can be equally appalled. Do not order online from this store.
HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!

Share Barnes and Noble's store rating

Barnes and Noble is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Barnes and Noble is a merchant member
Barnes and Noble participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,838 merchant members.