Barnes and Noble Reviews - barnesandnoble.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 4.50/10 36,141 reviews

Barnes and Noble is a merchant member
Barnes and Noble participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,865 merchant members.

All Customer Reviews (36,153)

"Love B&N. I hope they make it and do t go the way of Borders"

"I'm very upset with how customer service has handled my order. My order was placed late Tuesday night and I noticed I forgot an important detail to the recipients info. after submitting payment. When I called Customer Service first thing I was informed that a message would be put through to the shipping facility and I would receive and email of confirmation. So I'm thinking Great. No, I NEVER received the email stating if my changes were able to be made. I was only notified that the order was being shipped and delivered by Friday. I freaked out because here I am not knowing whether the correct person will be receiving the book and so I sent an email with my concerns and also tried the online chat thinking I would be helped faster. Only to receive a message stating my conversation had timed out. RIDICULOUS if you ask me. I did receive a response to the email I had sent requesting me to include more info other then my tracking #. Frankly by then I was already annoyed and contacted the recipient facility myself to make sure the correct person received the order. Needless to say I will stick to Only going to this store and NOT shopping their online site."

"Ordered two books, one my kid ordered with his own allowance. Shipped only one (not the kids book). No email about cancellation. Did online chat, offered me 5 bucks. The book was STILL listed as available when I was chatting but rep told me they did not have it. I only ordered the 2nd book to get free shipping (it cost more than at other sites). Book STILL showing as available on the site four days after they cancelled (which I only found out about when only one book showed up)."

"They always find what I am looking for. Forever love B&N. "

"My credit card was charged a penny from this company and it claims it was for a downloaded book from his nook. The nook has been broken for a long time and could not possibly be downloading. They have a security breach of their credit card system. Someone checking to see if the card is any good and refuse to do anything about it. I am suppose to just suck it up."

"Prompt very very quality good shape and truly easy to order a book of any kind. The prompt fast easy check out work like magic. So easy to use!!"

"This website has categorized the items available in a way which makes the user easy to pick their choice. When I was looking for a staff edition of a software I was easily able to get to it without any fuss. It was also quite good to see that they have good discounts for students and schools."

"I was satisfied with the support they offered. The price was also less than half of what I had to pay.

Rating 4/102/5

"I ordered a book as a gift through B&N Marketplace. I am so disappointed! Although it was sold as 'new' the book is - VERY obviously - used. The edges are frayed, and the book is separating from the cover, which is faded. It is a favorite children's book - meant for a new mother. I am going to keep it, since it is in better shape than my own tattered copy, but can't possibly give it as a gift. I will never buy through the marketplace again. :( "

"Everytime I need to find a book, all I need to do is look to Barnes and Noble. Once I have a title in mind, it is only days before I have the book in my hands."

"I had bought a mystery crime fiction book from barnes and nobles.
Barnes and Nobles always has the best prices online. I always
get good deals on their books. I will continue to buy from
barnes and nobles because their prices are so affordable.

"Wonderful book store for browsing and help. Courteous, plentiful attention always available. Nice discounts of bestsellers. Huge selection for those of us who enjoy looking through new books before choosing. Nice cafe and magazine section. Wonderful kid stuff!"

"Barnes and Noble is the best. I always find what I am looking for. I like the fact that you can browse and relax at the same time. Great place."

"These guys are absolutely freaking unbelievable. I don't know about books (I usually get mine off Amazon), but when it comes to anything else, THESE. GUYS. SUCK.
So... I ordered 3 films off the site: 2 of them were listed as "Usually ships within 24 hours" and the other one was listed as "Usually available within 1-2 weeks." The price was right, considerably low, so I decide to trust these douche pickles, buying all three at once (a combined total of barely more than $25 meant that I would receive free shipping, according to the site when I proceeded to checkout). (Also I listed a false order # on the fillout form on ResellerRatings because I forgot the real one, but that's irrelevant).
It's literally been a full month since I ordered my films. AND I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED A SINGLE ONE OF THEM. And to top it all off, today I received an email from B&N stating that they were having difficulties with one of the films, and that my order had been delayed again. AGAIN!
I sometimes have problems with online shipping of my movies, but I mean c'mon. I ordered something off eBay, with quite a few of their users not being even relatively considered as professionals, and it arrived on my doorstep within 4 days. And if B&N is taking 3 times as long as the listed shipping time, and literally more than 8 times as long as FREAKING EBAY to deliver their goddamn orders, then there's only one conclusion left for me: screw these guys.
This is the biggest steaming pile of horsesh*t I've ever had to deal with when it comes to online shopping. It's official, guys: Barnes and Noble is home to some of the biggest ***holes on the face of the earth, and I refuse to order from them again if I can help it, unless something changes, BIG TIME.

"If I could rate them lower I would. At this point I wish Borders were still open. I shop in Springfield Illinois Barnes & Noble for things even though their employees are typically not helpful at all with anything. I am a person that will find my own way to what I am needing without help so I do not let that bother me. However, any time I go to buy something and I have a coupon that is valid they NEVER accept it. Especially their own. Tonight I brought my daughter to the store to buy an expensive game and she found a book she wanted. I also found two items I knew my brother would like and racked up over $110 in things to buy. I had a Barnes & Noble coupon from a site known as Retailmenot.com for 15% off of one item. I read the coupon thoroughly and it did not limit me from using it on my purchase. However, the coupon has a code number on it that apparently is duplicated for everyone that finds it. The recipient is not given a unique code and the Barnes and Noble cashier is always eager to find ANY excuse not to allow you the use of your coupon even though it is one of their own. In my case the cashier tells me the problem with third party coupons is that they have this code and it shows up as already being used by someone. I have never used this coupon before, so some other person got the coupon first from the website and used it and B&N will only honor it for the first customer. The other ten to ten hundred folks wanting to use theirs don't get to. One coupon for only one customer and nobody else because their code is duplicated on every coupon that the customers get. So I was not allowed the use of it and left the largest part of my would be purchase behind. I am tired of Barnes & Noble. They do not have a problem bugging me in their store with help that is never helpful, offering me their annoying discount card that they want you to buy from them, but you come up with a coupon of any kind and see if they ever take it. They will not even accept the blame for their choice not to. I am looking everywhere else that I can to purchase things I want from now on before I ever consider them again."