Stores > Barcode Giant

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.75/10 7.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.76/10 7.76/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.93/10 3.93/10

Real company, Awful Return Experience (UPDATE AT BOTTOM: They contacted me after I wrote this review)

"I recently had a bad experience with BarcodeGiant. When I realized that the scanner I ordered didn't suit my company's needs I contacted BarcodeGiant for a refund.

I called the company and requested a refund. I was told that the refund request would take a day or so, which I thought was a little strange but at this point, I didn't really think it was cause for concern. I waited a few days and noticed that I didn't have a return confirmation in my e-mail so I called again, was given the runaround, and then was finally reassured that everything would be okay and that the refund would be handled. This time, I received a refund request e-mail for the warranty I initially purchased but not for my scanner. I decided to call once again. This time, I was informed that someone mistakingly applied the refund to only my warranty and not to my scanner. They apologized and after some rather direct talking for me, I finally received a refund request for both the scanner and the warranty. Funny enough, this time, I received the e-mail almost immediately. Interesting right.

I mailed the scanner off and I thought it was done. At this point, a month had passed from when I first received the scanner to when I was finally able to return it. The company apparently doesn't cover return shipping which was annoying but the most important thing for me was that I return the item and get the refund. After I mailed the scanner off, another month had passed before my boss came to me saying that the barcode scanner refund never posted to the company credit card. I, once again, called BarcodeGiant where once again the employees seemed unsure of how to handle my situation. Apparently, the credit for my order was posted to their internal system, but they didn't submit the credit request to my company's credit card company. They never explained why they never submitted the credit to the credit card company.

After chatting with a representative for a few minutes, he reassured me that everything would be handled. Shortly after, he mentioned to me that the credit card was expired and that he was forwarding me to his supervisor. Before I realized what was happening, he had transferred me to his supervisor. I got his supervisor's voicemail and left a very detailed message, listing two telephone numbers and my e-mail address, making sure that I listed each point of contact twice so that he would be able to write it down.

A few more days passed. Nothing. Now we're 2 full months removed from the time I initially received the scanner. I called once again and explained the situation to a representative. He placed me on hold and moments later I was greeted by another voice. The representative had transferred my call without letting me know that's what he was doing. Classic. I had to re-explain much of the situation again to this new person, who I assumed to be a supervisor. He looked at my file and said that he saw a $27 credit posted to my account. Trying to remain calm, I told him that that was the cost of the warranty and that I also needed to be credited for the cost of the scanner which was $105. He told me he would have to call me back as he had to look deeper into my file. After letting him know about my apprehension to hanging up after all I've been through with the company, I reluctantly agreed to hang up and wait for him to call back. Lo and behold, 15 minutes later he did call me back and informed me that they submitted the entire refund to my credit card account. He also e-mailed me a receipt of the submission. The receipt is a plain white document without any company markings or insignia which is kind of weird. Now I have to wait to see if the credit is actually posted to my company's credit card. I'll know for sure in a few day's time.

All in all, at this point it seems like this company is a real company that engages in some rather sketchy/ borderline fraudulent business practices in order to keep people's money. I had no problems when ordering my item but when it came to trying to return it, it seemed like the company tried to do everything in it's power to give me a false impression that my refund would be processed.

Bottomline, while this might be a real company I would STRONGLY suggest you take your business elsewhere.

So after I posted this review the company reached out to me to inquire about my experience. The guy I spoke to seemed really interested in hearing about my experience and addressing the issue so that things like this don't happen again. It is highly unlikely that I'll use this company again but it is encouraging to know that they seem interested in bettering their customer service. That does count for something.

This review was modified by rdink4 on October 14 2016 12:48:44 PM

jpi's Avatar

Real Company?

"I'm not totally convinced this company is even real...
I ordered a power adapter for a rewinder almost 2 and a half weeks ago, never received an email confirmation of the order, nothing. Money was debited from my account, and finally when I really couldn't take the silence any longer I contacted them via their chat... Chatted with someone who obviously couldn't have cared less, and after almost 20 minutes I was actually able to get my real order number from this person, but still couldn't get a confirmation of the order. Then I found out the item was backordered, which shouldn't be if you're taking my money!

So I told this "Chuck W" to just cancel the order and refund my money... well good luck...
Two additional phone calls later and almost an hour worth of holding, still NO confirmation of a refund, nothing... No emails... No phone calls, and when you do get a live body on the line, they apparently can't help you, but are happy to transfer you to another rep who isn't in that day...

These guys are a joke and a total waste of time for such a small part.

Wrong item sent, Accepted the return and refunded my card

"They sent me the wrong piece. It had different serial number on it. I contacted them 2 months later but they accepted the return and refunded my card. "

This review was modified by kiana_sh on September 16 2016 11:52:15 AM

Easy as can be...

"Needed to place a re-order, I called customer service, gave them my telephone number they pulled up my account, gave me the Sku # for the Bar code I needed, they had my info on file.
all done in less than 2 mins... order shipped same day...

This review was modified by Blink4818 on August 08 2016 10:27:52 AM

Barcode Giant always delivers!

"Have made several purchases and each time they are items not everyone else has. Prices are competitive and items ship quickly. Will definitely be making future purchases here!"

its Good when its done right!

"They refilled my order and shipped it overnight free of charge, Thank you."

This review was modified by MattSajjad on September 26 2016 02:12:36 PM

One Stop Shop!

"A hard to find cable lead me to BarCodeGiant, their pricing, quick signup and expedient checkout process, made the whole purchase process extremely friendly. Will be shopping here again for our next purchase."

shipped perfectly

"the orders I placed were supposed to ship within 3-5 business days and they were shipped within one day of my ordering. I called with a few questions and got all the answers I needed. way to go..."

WOW!! Superior Service!!

"I ordered a product from Barcode Giant, and they exceeded my expectations for product pricing/availability and shipping. I'll certainly keep them in mind for future purchases!"

This review was modified by buffalo0ne on July 19 2016 08:03:53 AM

One Stop Perfect!

"We are moving our entire company over to bar codes and I wanted a place to get all my items. I came across your website and you are now on my toolbar. Thanks for having the lowest prices around and quick shipping. You have definently won my future buisness!"

Repeat Customer

"Have used Barcode Giant numerous times and am always 100% satisfied!"

This review was modified by redbones on July 12 2016 08:11:09 AM

Good Place to buy printer & accessories

"I bought a citizen CL-S700 and a printhead for Citizen CLP-7202e, I had few questions with configuring the CL-S700, the online chat support was helpful in providing me the technical manual as printer only comes with user manual, for printhead it didn't come with a instruction manual, but I was provided citizen support number and they provided me the technical manual, from there it was a breeze to change the printhead

Overall experience was good, printer was brand new & printhead was genuine citizen part and not compatible part

This review was modified by gnd300 on July 05 2016 10:30:07 AM

Good Communication

"After shopping around on the internet, I always go with the best price. Usually this means that I get little to no customer service, but not with Barcode Giant. They always contact me to let me know if something is being backordered or if it will not ship immediately and always provide me with lots of options which is great especially since my system is decades old now and parts are getting harder to find every day. "

This review was modified by ejdavila on June 30 2016 08:18:19 AM

Bad customer service

"Bad shopping experience overall ."

This review was modified by GerardoAtx on June 29 2016 05:14:16 PM

Speedy Deliver and Great Barcode Printing

"I order a GK420t printer, the pricing was great and in stock. I received an update on the packing and shipping of my printer. Delivery was accurate and I was able to keep my project on schedule. We will definitely be order from Barcode Giant in the future. "

This review was modified by anauman on July 26 2016 11:52:33 AM

Share Barcode Giant's store rating

Barcode Giant is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Barcode Giant is not a merchant member
Barcode Giant does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!