Stores > Banana Republic
  • Banana Republic

Voice your opinion! Review Banana Republic by clicking a star below.
2017-07-02

very bad customer service

"I picked $110 worth clothes at banana republic store at deep valley drive,PV mall, next to movie theater. I paid with $150 gift cards. however, the cashier and manager told me that they could not put the remaining $$ back to gift card and would not give me cash neither. told me to take the $0 balance gift card and go home to wait for a call. I refused. he shut down the machine, and lost all information, even I paid the gift card. he went to another machine, doing return, re-charge, who know what was he doing. long wait..,then he gave me a receipt with $0 balance and my item lists. I told him that, I can't take that receipt neither because with that receipt, I can not return any my clothes since they are different price and did not show that I had paid. I had waited in there over a hour, and get me very upset. The manage told me to leave without my clothes and gift card because they claimed that was the machine problem and not their fault. I exhausted with them, finally, a lady manager redo the transactions. it was very vary bad experience, never go back there again. the manager and cashier were incompetents."

2015-05-01

"I buy from BR and Gap, etc all the time. I'm a luxe member so i always get free shipping, rewards, etc. This time though was a bit confusing. I got Embark status and had a "pass" for 2-day shipping. I needed to buy from BR AND gap so i had no way of finding out if I got it ONLY on the BR part or both. I searched all over the site and emails and absolutely no details to tell me yes or no. very frustrating bc i had a 2-day express shipping "pass" and just rolled the dice to see what would happen. Stuff came in 3 shipments! the emails said i had fedex 2day shipping for only ONE shipment. It was the one with the most stuff AND it was both BR and gap stuff, but the others were one item each via UPS ground. Got it by the wed. They need to do a better job of all the offers and make sure you know what you can do and what you are getting."

2015-01-14

"I ordered this top in size S and was shocked to receive a Medium. This is useess as it is too large. It is also too expensive to return from my country. Therefore, I am totally disappointed and have serious reservations about purchasing anything here in the future."

zeta's Avatar

Arizona, US
2014-03-17

"March 2014:
I hate it when companies cancel the orders WITHOUT any notice or email, and this is exactly what happened with my order. One week later I notice no shipping email from them so I go log in to my account and it said cancelled.

2012-06-01

"Wasn't a fan of having to create an account (versus a guest checkout), but otherwise the whole shopping experience was great. They overestimated their delivery date by 2 days, but no harm, no foul. They have free shipping over $50, which stays there even after coupons and rewards codes/certificates, etc."

hellokittygirl's Avatar

Los Angeles Area
2011-05-24

"I really appreciated the ease in ordering with bR. I had to order some pants and shirts for work and found exactly what i was looking for. Not only does br have great stuff but it's easy to navigate through their sister sites, old navy, gap and a few others. check out was a breeze and my items were shipped just as they said they would be. really like shopping with them online!"

2008-12-26

"I ordered several items which were shipped for free with the use of a promotion code. My order was processed after 2 days and shipped via UPS Ground. Banana Republic e-mailed me a tracking number. I received my order 3 days later, and I was pleased to see that it was well-packed.

The descriptions for the clothing were accurate, although the color of one of the pants ("Blonde wood") was a bit darker than what was shown on the website.

2008-02-20

"This store is really slow to ship. These are premade clothes, not custom tailored clothes. I'm not sure why it takes the store > 24 hours to ship the product. Newegg, the de-facto standard for online orders ships within hours, not days. Had I not rec'd a gift card for the Holidays, I would not have purchased from them. Be warned: premium clothing with McDonald's service. "

2006-12-21

"My experiences with ordering online from Banana Republic have been nearly flawless. My orders have shipped promptly, within one business day of when I placed them, and the merchandise arrived in perfect condition. What I really like about ordering online from Banana Republic is that I can return or exchange items at a local store, which, when buying clothes, is a tremendous convenience. Also, if you're order total is high enough, you get free (ground) shipping, which is always nice.

There were only two slightly negative aspect of buying from bananarepublic.com. First, the web site doesn't work perfectly with Safari. Images wouldn't load sometimes until I reloaded the page. Second, some of the items just don't look good on the web site. There were a number of cute items a friend and I saw in the store that we would have completely passed over if we had only seem them on the web site.

2006-04-05

"After receiving a mailer about free shipping, I purchased several items from the clearance/ sale section of their website. I appreciated that the special offer was applicable to sale items... since most stores only let you apply discounts to full-price merchandise. They also allow you to retrieve the "free shipping" promo code from the website, so if you lost the mailer you aren't SOL.

The clothes are true to fit and they update availability in real-time, so if an item becomes unavailable after I put it in my shopping cart but before I check out, they let me know right away. This way I'm not stuck paying for something on backorder.

I've shopped here multiple times and will keep doing so.

Share Banana Republic's store rating

Banana Republic is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Banana Republic is not a merchant member
Banana Republic does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!