zeta's Avatar
Arizona, US

"March 2014:
I hate it when companies cancel the orders WITHOUT any notice or email, and this is exactly what happened with my order. One week later I notice no shipping email from them so I go log in to my account and it said cancelled.

"Wasn't a fan of having to create an account (versus a guest checkout), but otherwise the whole shopping experience was great. They overestimated their delivery date by 2 days, but no harm, no foul. They have free shipping over $50, which stays there even after coupons and rewards codes/certificates, etc."

hellokittygirl's Avatar
Los Angeles Area

"I really appreciated the ease in ordering with bR. I had to order some pants and shirts for work and found exactly what i was looking for. Not only does br have great stuff but it's easy to navigate through their sister sites, old navy, gap and a few others. check out was a breeze and my items were shipped just as they said they would be. really like shopping with them online!"

"I ordered several items which were shipped for free with the use of a promotion code. My order was processed after 2 days and shipped via UPS Ground. Banana Republic e-mailed me a tracking number. I received my order 3 days later, and I was pleased to see that it was well-packed.

The descriptions for the clothing were accurate, although the color of one of the pants ("Blonde wood") was a bit darker than what was shown on the website.

modified review This review was modified by linnie on December 26 2008 02:00:01 PM

"This store is really slow to ship. These are premade clothes, not custom tailored clothes. I'm not sure why it takes the store > 24 hours to ship the product. Newegg, the de-facto standard for online orders ships within hours, not days. Had I not rec'd a gift card for the Holidays, I would not have purchased from them. Be warned: premium clothing with McDonald's service. "

"My experiences with ordering online from Banana Republic have been nearly flawless. My orders have shipped promptly, within one business day of when I placed them, and the merchandise arrived in perfect condition. What I really like about ordering online from Banana Republic is that I can return or exchange items at a local store, which, when buying clothes, is a tremendous convenience. Also, if you're order total is high enough, you get free (ground) shipping, which is always nice.

There were only two slightly negative aspect of buying from bananarepublic.com. First, the web site doesn't work perfectly with Safari. Images wouldn't load sometimes until I reloaded the page. Second, some of the items just don't look good on the web site. There were a number of cute items a friend and I saw in the store that we would have completely passed over if we had only seem them on the web site.

modified review This review was modified by placebo on December 21 2006 09:35:04 PM

"After receiving a mailer about free shipping, I purchased several items from the clearance/ sale section of their website. I appreciated that the special offer was applicable to sale items... since most stores only let you apply discounts to full-price merchandise. They also allow you to retrieve the "free shipping" promo code from the website, so if you lost the mailer you aren't SOL.

The clothes are true to fit and they update availability in real-time, so if an item becomes unavailable after I put it in my shopping cart but before I check out, they let me know right away. This way I'm not stuck paying for something on backorder.

I've shopped here multiple times and will keep doing so.

Banana Republic is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Banana Republic is not a merchant member
Banana Republic does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!