• Address: 15751 Tapia Street Irwindale
    • Phone: 1-626-373-2288
    • Customer Support: 1-626-373-2288
    • Business Hours: 9:00am - 6:00pm PST
    • Fax: 1-626-529-0056

"I purchased a RC helicopter and misc. parts, I received the helicopter that was advertised as "ready to fly", however it had so many glitches that it was pretty much useless. I also did not receive some of the ordered parts(extra battery etc.)these were paid for. After numerous attempts to contact Banana Hobby with no result, I decided to return the helicopter. In the haze of my disappointment and frustration, I neglected to get a postal confirmation of the return... Banana Hobby decided they never received my return. This cost me $750.00. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!! plain and simple"

modified review This review was modified by IanPetrak on January 03 2014 09:05:26 AM

"I received my order very nicely packed and it arrived quickly. I appreciate Banana Hobby being open about the fuselage I ordered having some minor cosmetic damage ahead of time and sending me high res pictures for approval. They also gave me a complimentary nose cone to be fair. This shows great customer service. Thanks

Richard
Ontario, Canada

modified review This review was modified by cujo7979 on December 03 2013 05:20:02 PM

"I am a hobby shop employee in central California and after having to troubleshoot and repair a large number of Banana Hobby products I can only say that you should not purchase their merchandise because of the poor and inconsistent quality that plagues them.I have pointed out to customers who say that they can get it cheaper on the Internet that while that may be true you can't get tech support or repair parts as quickly as your local hobby shop can.If you are ripped off by an unscrupulous vendor such as Banana Hobby, Nitroplanes, Xheli or Hobby King you can petition your credit card company to reverse the charges to their account or in the case of the US based companies contact the district attorney of the city in which they are based and file mail fraud charges.You will be suprised at how quickly these fly-by-night companies will get moving when this happens.Support local businesses and legitimate vendors and do your research before you buy."

modified review This review was modified by Abbattior199091 on April 03 2013 12:50:09 PM

"I ordered my first plane in over 15 years. I was trying to get back into the hobby. I placed my order on a Saturday afternoon, after checking the web site to make sure it was in stock, and on Monday evening I checked the status of my order. It showed that my order was back ordered but the web site still showed in stock. I called them and cancelled my order, being told that the hold they had on my funds would be withdrawn. I checked my account on Friday and they had not only not withdrawn the hold but had taken the money from my account. I called them and they said it would take 3 business days to refund my money. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told they could not transfer the phones. Since then I have direct emailed the CEO of BH, contacted the BBB, filed a claim with the attorney general of my state and this morning I will be filling fraud charges with my bank. The fraud part works, I have used it before. They will contact the seller and also refund your funds."

"Here's my experience with Banana Hobby: Purchased RC toy 12-7-12, received item several days later, toy was defective. After many discussions via e-mail over about 30 days, Banana Hobby sent RMA (return material authorization). Item was returned for refund (at my expense including insured). Advised today, 1-17-13 they will 'attempt to credit my account' for some (as yet undisclosed) sum. They have my money, they intend to keep it no matter what. Per paypal, I have 45 days to file a dispute and 41 days have elapsed. I was very patient with Banana Hobby. Now we know they have no intention of refund.. I understand the return shipping is a loss. However, the purchase funds via paypal need to be returned. Bottom line: Not a good vendor when things go wrong. Avoid."

"Recently purchased the giant scale FW190 from Banana. When my retracts failed, they spent a month stalling me. Next, they assured me replacements at no charge. A month after that, they tell me the units are not available. My recommendation to potential customers is this: buy at Banana with the knowledge that you are notlikely to receive your order, and if you do, you're on your own. Their "customer service" is non-existent. Once they have your cash, you're pretty much screwed regardless."

"* go somewhere else on the net to buy whatever they are selling *"

"I can understand why they dont participate in REseller Ratings for feedback. This company is a joke. They tell you that they sell top of the line products but it's all cheap pieces of crap. They tell you they have 24 hr tech support but all they have is an automation. No one ever calls you back. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!! "

"Follow up on the below review: I have filed a dispute via my credit card company on this Company. The latest issue is with the third product I Ordered and did not receive in a timely manner. I can only wish there was a indicator for negative stars on this business. I can say that BH did state that they would send the defective pard on my second order (T 28). I can only hope..... Needless to say I will not order products from this company again.

I have purchased three RC aircraft from this company. My purchases have been largely based on the Banana Hobby website ads and the GOOD quality of the first model (FOX FMS glider) I purchased from them. I was pleased. My second purchase from BH was a Large RTF T-28 made by FMS. That $200 plus purchase looks great but the motor control and one flap servo does not function. Contacted BH and was given a "tech work order number" and told the tech dept would call me about the problem. No call yet and I don’t have good feelings about the eventual outcome, especially based on my latest order experience. Before I tested the T-28 electronics, I ordered a third aircraft (FMS AFT Mig-15 Large.) Another $200 order. I received a VERY cheap small Mig 15 by another company and certainly not what I ordered or worth what I paid. I called to report the problem to a rep in sales and was sent an Email RMA return authorization number, after having to prompt the company for the Email message the next day. Word to the wise... BH has great looking models other companies do not and there may be a reason. Be prepared for little or NO replacement parts availability on the FMS/Blitzworks/Airfield orders. Suggest you buy two of the same order, if you must have the model and need future parts. It appears a "roll of the dice" on getting what you think you paid for at Banana Hobby. Additionally, quality control appears poor on the shipping side of BH. You may or may not get what you order. Not sure yet about the tech support side of BH as I have not talked with them. I don't expect much, but will advise if I am surprised with tech support. Like most RC models of this type - made in China.

modified review This review was modified by Hobby one on September 16 2012 01:22:11 PM

"I saw an awesome B-2 bomber that I want but after reading what feels like over 95% horrible reviews I can say I will never buy from this company ever. If they want me to buy one from them they are going to have to send it to me first so I can make sure it works right and then I will pay them the retail and shipping."

"Have purchased 5 different RC planes from BH. I generally use my own receiver and transmitter. I have to say that the quality and price of every one of these items were well above average. I am a hobbyist and don't mind making miner adjustments etc. It has Been my experience with these people that you get more than your money's worth. Very satisfied."

modified review This review was modified by Dawetype on August 11 2012 03:23:17 PM

"I am currently dealing with Banana Hobby. I do not have enough characters allowable for this review to accurately describe this company. I have never in my life encountered such poor customer service. It is beyond comprehension.
We bought a plane and were told that the battery was on backorder. I conveyed to the company not to ship the item until the battery came in because I did not want to pay for double shipping. They sent the item anyway. They won't pay for the shipping of a TEN dollar battery. I have made numerous attempts to deal with "customer service" and keep getting told there is nothing I can do. When I ask to speak to a supervisor I get told that they are in a meeting or can only be reached by them.
I wish that I could put this company out of business because they are truly rip off artists looking to only make money since they have no customer service what so ever. The ironic part of this story is that I don't even know if this plane works since I have no battery...and guess what? by the time I do get a battery the warranty will be up.
Banana Hobby needs to change their name to Rotten Banana Hobby!

"I ordered planes from you before, love Pete's videos and his enthusiasm.
The last time I ordered from you, it was an RTF Fox Glider.
It did not come with a motor, ESC, servos or wires. I called and the lady told me to send pictures. I emailed pictures, and she told me they were invalid. So I sent more, and she told me she could not use those either.....bascially, it took me four emails, before I got the pics to the size that were "acceptable". WHY NOT HAVE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS FOR CUSTOMERS TO SUBMIT FOTOS, INCLUDING THE SIZE OF THE PICTURES NEED TO BE?!
That would have saved me a lot of time, energy and frustration.
I got the missing parts a few weeks later, but had to improvise the screws to attach the motor, and had to go and buy extra servo extentions for the wings, because the ones that came, did not even reach the fuse!

I also had no instructions on how to put the wires of the ESC to the motor, etc. I found it on the net. This was my second plane, so I was not really sure about a lot of construction. Now I am, so that order helped me get my build skills on.

Overall, it took about 5 weeks before the plane was ready to fly. Banana Hobby seems like a great place to buy planes, but it is not. I have been ordering direct from CHina from Hobby King, and they have NEVER even missed one little thing in my order. I also discovered Horizon Hobby, and they are very professional. BH has great potential, but you need to train your staff better, have faster turn around time for orders that are messed up, and maybe include a little something extra for those orders that you do mess up, so as to appease the customer. I felt like BH makes so much $$, that they don't really care that much about orders that are screwed up!
I ordered a RTF and they sent me a kit.
I really want to order the huge Red Tail Mustang, but I am truly afraid to put that much money up...it's like rolling the dice. I prefer companies that are a little more professional.

"I purchased the 1400 mm J3-piper cub it was delivered in about 6 days, when I opened the box and put the plane together my first problem that I noted was that everywhere I touched the fuselage,with my fingers the yellow paint was coming off the plane and was all over my finger, which in turn was making the yellow plane turn white. when it came time to fly the plane and had taken off, the plane seemed to be very underpowered,sluggish, hard time getting it in the air,, when we looked it over the electric motor was a kv 800 and it should have been a kv 900 their web site describes the plane with a 900 but my plane had a 800, when I called them and told them the problem they asked me to send them a photo,which I did, they said that the plane should fly with the 800 just as well as the 900 but yet I told them I purchased the plane knowing I would receive a kv 900, well they blew it off and said that they were out of stock on the 900, and I would have to wait for the 900 to come in well still no 900, I have bought two more planes sense then and both from hobby king and no problems,will never buy from banana hobby ever again "

"I want to share my experience with Banana Hobby so that other people can avoid the same disappointment that I have had. I received a Double Horse 9100 Full Function 3 Channel RC Helicopter from Banana Hobbies as a birthday present a few weeks ago. I was very excited, the helicopter was sleek and felt sturdy (metal parts, rather than plastic on some cheaper versions I've seen). After charging the helicopter I took it out to a football field to fly (totally clear LA day, no trees overhead, soft ground to land on).

I was having a great time, the helicopter was much more responsive than smaller models I have flown and had an impressive range. But the fun was short-lived. After several minutes of flight I noticed that there seemed to be smoke coming from within the cockpit. I killed the throttle to land and inspect it, but instead of descending it started acting erratically, then flew straight up into the air completely out of control. It stalled fifty feet up and fell to the ground, but continued to act with a mind of its own. Both rotors spun randomly and jerkily until I was able to disconnect the battery from the circuit board socket. Once the smoking stopped I was able to see that some sort of short in the wires had started an electrical fire (the smoldering wires had been the source of the smoke). I was disappointed, but hopeful knowing that Banana Hobbies gives a warranty on their products. On to disappointment #2...

I sent an email to their customer support detailing what had happened and requesting an RMA number for a warranty replacement. First, it took a week before I got any response from them. The quick one-line response was a few more questions about details of what had happened. I sent a quick response with the details they requested but had to wait yet another week for the response. Their decision? They were unwilling to honor their warranty because I (taken directly from their email, with notes added):

Charged the battery for >1.5 hours (they say that this may damage the battery's ability to hold a full charge, which was not part of my problem)
Turned the helicopter on first (they claim this could allow it to pick up a stray signal and cause the control problems, despite having perfect control prior to the appearance of smoke)
Flew the helicopter for 20 minutes
Flew the helicopter outdoors in a light wind (they tell me 20 minutes of flight and breeze will deplete the battery, again not the issue I encountered)
Turned the Transmitter off first

None of their explanations addressed the actual problem with the helicopter, which was an electrical failure. They have a 30-day warranty in case "an item breaks or malfunctions under normal use," which they refused to honor.

Banana Hobby was unwilling to stand behind their product and instead invented reasons for its malfunction that are clearly at odds with how the product failed. Their customer service, though polite, was frustratingly slow and unresponsive. I strongly discourage anybody from purchasing one of their products.

Banana Hobby is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Banana Hobby is not a merchant member
Banana Hobby does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!