Stores > Banana Hobby

• Phone: 1-626-373-2288
    • Customer Support: 1-626-373-2288
    • Business Hours: 9:00am - 6:00pm PST
    • Fax: 1-626-529-0056

"I just have to say, WOW. this company changed so much over the past few months. i dont have to wait on the phone and i can just text them. never heard of a company that offers this kind of service. i came back to them because of thier 90mm viper on sale and needed sum parts for my fms glider. they said they dont' carry fms anymore but i texted them and they texted right back with a link on where to get them. now thats helpful"

This review was modified by flyingacejohnson on March 05 2015 12:11:13 PM

"Hello ,

Just to let everybody know I will never order from this place again .

My first order (paid with personal check ) went OK but processing was extremely slow , 21 days from start to finish .

They blamed the bank for the delay even though my check was already cashed with in days .

Next order (paid with a check ) took even longer , 28 days from start to finish .
Many items went out of stock while waiting on them .

Third order (paid with a check ) took longer still .
More items were either ALREADY OUT OF STOCK but shown to be in-stock or went out of stock while waiting for the delay .
Can't tell before ordering if anything is actually in stock because web site will allow selecting of items that are not there .

That is ILLEGAL .

Fourth order (paid with a check ) took more than a month and order was partially filled due to more items were either ALREADY OUT OF STOCK but shown to be in-stock at the time or went out of stock while waiting for the delay .
Can't tell before ordering if anything is actually in stock because BH admitted via email , they do not update their web site on a regular basis and stock status may not be a true reflection of what is actually available .

Next order was cancelled out right , no explanation .

Tried to order again and email from BH explained bank are refusing to accept my payment (personal check ) because it was hand written .

BH never returned my check and wants me to send another check for the same amount but written a little bit differently .

Order arrived with items missing , wrong items AND OUT-OF-STOCK items AGAIN !!!!!

Last ordering cycle my check was returned with a note they will not be accepting checks anymore , to bad .

I am not sucked into the CREDIT CARD scam and do not own or use them.....checks and money orders works just fine then and it still does today if credit card banks will ALLOW stores to accept them .

Banana Hobby will never have my business again .

Credit card banks can kiss my a$$ .

"Personally I think Banana Hobby is a great company..I purchased a guro for my sky surfer. I couldnt get it to work , so I contacted them and with out hesitation they sent me a new one along with a small gift. They shipped it back priority express. Most of us with complaints are quick to blame the company for our own errors... i say thank you B.H..............and No B.H. did not ask me to write a review...I do not know them. Sifu Terry Faircloth"

"I purchased a RC helicopter and misc. parts, I received the helicopter that was advertised as "ready to fly", however it had so many glitches that it was pretty much useless. I also did not receive some of the ordered parts(extra battery etc.)these were paid for. After numerous attempts to contact Banana Hobby with no result, I decided to return the helicopter. In the haze of my disappointment and frustration, I neglected to get a postal confirmation of the return... Banana Hobby decided they never received my return. This cost me $750.00. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!! plain and simple"

This review was modified by IanPetrak on January 03 2014 09:05:26 AM

"I received my order very nicely packed and it arrived quickly. I appreciate Banana Hobby being open about the fuselage I ordered having some minor cosmetic damage ahead of time and sending me high res pictures for approval. They also gave me a complimentary nose cone to be fair. This shows great customer service. Thanks

Ontario, Canada

This review was modified by cujo7979 on December 03 2013 05:20:02 PM

"I am a hobby shop employee in central California and after having to troubleshoot and repair a large number of Banana Hobby products I can only say that you should not purchase their merchandise because of the poor and inconsistent quality that plagues them.I have pointed out to customers who say that they can get it cheaper on the Internet that while that may be true you can't get tech support or repair parts as quickly as your local hobby shop can.If you are ripped off by an unscrupulous vendor such as Banana Hobby, Nitroplanes, Xheli or Hobby King you can petition your credit card company to reverse the charges to their account or in the case of the US based companies contact the district attorney of the city in which they are based and file mail fraud charges.You will be suprised at how quickly these fly-by-night companies will get moving when this happens.Support local businesses and legitimate vendors and do your research before you buy."

This review was modified by Abbattior199091 on April 03 2013 12:50:09 PM

"I ordered my first plane in over 15 years. I was trying to get back into the hobby. I placed my order on a Saturday afternoon, after checking the web site to make sure it was in stock, and on Monday evening I checked the status of my order. It showed that my order was back ordered but the web site still showed in stock. I called them and cancelled my order, being told that the hold they had on my funds would be withdrawn. I checked my account on Friday and they had not only not withdrawn the hold but had taken the money from my account. I called them and they said it would take 3 business days to refund my money. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told they could not transfer the phones. Since then I have direct emailed the CEO of BH, contacted the BBB, filed a claim with the attorney general of my state and this morning I will be filling fraud charges with my bank. The fraud part works, I have used it before. They will contact the seller and also refund your funds."

"Here's my experience with Banana Hobby: Purchased RC toy 12-7-12, received item several days later, toy was defective. After many discussions via e-mail over about 30 days, Banana Hobby sent RMA (return material authorization). Item was returned for refund (at my expense including insured). Advised today, 1-17-13 they will 'attempt to credit my account' for some (as yet undisclosed) sum. They have my money, they intend to keep it no matter what. Per paypal, I have 45 days to file a dispute and 41 days have elapsed. I was very patient with Banana Hobby. Now we know they have no intention of refund.. I understand the return shipping is a loss. However, the purchase funds via paypal need to be returned. Bottom line: Not a good vendor when things go wrong. Avoid."

"Recently purchased the giant scale FW190 from Banana. When my retracts failed, they spent a month stalling me. Next, they assured me replacements at no charge. A month after that, they tell me the units are not available. My recommendation to potential customers is this: buy at Banana with the knowledge that you are notlikely to receive your order, and if you do, you're on your own. Their "customer service" is non-existent. Once they have your cash, you're pretty much screwed regardless."

"* go somewhere else on the net to buy whatever they are selling *"

"I can understand why they dont participate in REseller Ratings for feedback. This company is a joke. They tell you that they sell top of the line products but it's all cheap pieces of crap. They tell you they have 24 hr tech support but all they have is an automation. No one ever calls you back. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!! "

"Follow up on the below review: I have filed a dispute via my credit card company on this Company. The latest issue is with the third product I Ordered and did not receive in a timely manner. I can only wish there was a indicator for negative stars on this business. I can say that BH did state that they would send the defective pard on my second order (T 28). I can only hope..... Needless to say I will not order products from this company again.

I have purchased three RC aircraft from this company. My purchases have been largely based on the Banana Hobby website ads and the GOOD quality of the first model (FOX FMS glider) I purchased from them. I was pleased. My second purchase from BH was a Large RTF T-28 made by FMS. That $200 plus purchase looks great but the motor control and one flap servo does not function. Contacted BH and was given a "tech work order number" and told the tech dept would call me about the problem. No call yet and I don’t have good feelings about the eventual outcome, especially based on my latest order experience. Before I tested the T-28 electronics, I ordered a third aircraft (FMS AFT Mig-15 Large.) Another $200 order. I received a VERY cheap small Mig 15 by another company and certainly not what I ordered or worth what I paid. I called to report the problem to a rep in sales and was sent an Email RMA return authorization number, after having to prompt the company for the Email message the next day. Word to the wise... BH has great looking models other companies do not and there may be a reason. Be prepared for little or NO replacement parts availability on the FMS/Blitzworks/Airfield orders. Suggest you buy two of the same order, if you must have the model and need future parts. It appears a "roll of the dice" on getting what you think you paid for at Banana Hobby. Additionally, quality control appears poor on the shipping side of BH. You may or may not get what you order. Not sure yet about the tech support side of BH as I have not talked with them. I don't expect much, but will advise if I am surprised with tech support. Like most RC models of this type - made in China.

This review was modified by Hobby one on September 16 2012 01:22:11 PM

"I saw an awesome B-2 bomber that I want but after reading what feels like over 95% horrible reviews I can say I will never buy from this company ever. If they want me to buy one from them they are going to have to send it to me first so I can make sure it works right and then I will pay them the retail and shipping."

"I have bought 6 airplanes from Banana Hobby and have never experienced any problems with them, once one of the planes esc would not work and by email the next day a tech answered and got me thru resetting the esc and setting it for my FASST radio. Always have had quick shipping and great aircraft for the money. I have been flying and building for over 28 years and have been into electrics since they first started showing up in the 80's. I have to say they have been very satisfactory for me and provide more choices for modelers tan most others. Pete's reviews and videos are great, which I always watch before I order. I recommend them regularly to people wanting to get into the hobby and will continue to use them as long as I can still get out and enjoy our great hobby. AAAA++++"

"Have purchased 5 different RC planes from BH. I generally use my own receiver and transmitter. I have to say that the quality and price of every one of these items were well above average. I am a hobbyist and don't mind making miner adjustments etc. It has Been my experience with these people that you get more than your money's worth. Very satisfied."

This review was modified by Dawetype on August 11 2012 03:23:17 PM

Share Banana Hobby's store rating

Banana Hobby is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Banana Hobby is not a merchant member
Banana Hobby does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!