• Rating 1.67/10 19 reviews

Banana Boat Camera (also: ccicameracity.com, tcscamera.com, thecamerasource.com) is not a merchant member
    Banana Boat Camera (also: ccicameracity.com, tcscamera.com, thecamerasource.com) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Banana Boat Camera (also: ccicameracity.com, tcscamera.com, thecamerasource.com) contact information

"do not shop at this place I placed a order towards the end of april and i got a email from them confirming the order it said they would call me to confirm i never did get a phone call in the next 2 days so i called them and they said that it was back ordered and would ship in 6-8 weeks i called today (5-13-07) to check on the status of it and it was canceled due to price increase of the camera and they already have my money and im out $250 go somewhere else"

"We were lied to and told that the Nikon D80 was in stock and would ship tommorow. Three days later we were told that the camera would be in stock in 3-4 weeks, and that we needed to buy a $200 battery that "only their store" sells. I bet we will never see this camera, and they are scamming to sell more merchandise. DONT ORDER FROM THEM!! STAY FAR AWAY!!"

"If you are reading this review before buying you will do yourself a great favor by finding someone else to purchase from. This company lies, sends incorrect product, berates you on the phone and never answers emails. I paid $800.00 extra to be sure I was getting a USA model Nikon camera and they shipped me the grey market camers. The grey market camera sold for far less money because it was not covered under warranty by Nikon. I was lucky enough to call Nikon and have them check my serial number as a valid number....they informed me I had a grey market camera. I called Banana Boat to infom them and told me to ship the camera back and they would ship out a USA model immediately upon receiving the one I shipped. I week later I called for a status and they informed me they did not have and could not get a USA model. I demanded a full refund but they said I would have to pay $200.00 for returning the camera and restocking fees. I went online and found the Federal Trade Commission rules and they are not allowed to send you different item than what you ordered without your permission. Once I copied and sent the rules to them they managed to come up with a USA brand camera. Of course I paid for 3 day shipping and did not have a camera for 2 weeks and they would not credit me the shipping difference. STAY AWAY....RUN FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! They were rude, liars, and a horrid company to do business with. I will also be reporting them to the Consumer reports, Better Business bureau and Federal Trade Commission."

"OVERSEAS PRODUCTS
CONNECTED ALSO TO CCI CAMERA!

ASIAN THIS....JAPANESE MANUALS

The person was explaining this and I assured him I still wanted the camera and I kindly assured him it wasn't a problem

he responded
"Yes, THere is a problem because you interupted me. I don't deal with rude people so i have to hang-up"

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAT?!!!!! GIVE ME A BREAK

"Never shop on banana boat camera... NEVER

-"u know what dummy, I cant waste my time with stupid people like you ok? by bye monkey"-

I ordered a Rebel xti to be delivered in a 2 day shipping. At the next day I got an email asking me to call for confirmation of the order. So I called and at first I was told that I needed tu purchase a battery and a charger, otherwise my order will be cancelled, i already had both and told them to send me the order as it was at the beggining and suddenly I was hung up.
I called again, pissed of already, and asked only if the order was really cancelled or if they would send me the camera as I requested, and the person attending me said: "u know what dummy, I cant waste my time with stupid people like you ok? by bye monkey"
I really don't recommend in any way this, in fact it must be really sued! It must be closed and blacklisted.

"I did a lot of price research and ordered a Canon Rebel XTi from Banana Boat Camera. On Jan. 16th I called and explained their web site gave me no info for the order. The rep asked if anybody had called and then transfered me. The customer rep I was transfered to asked me what my problem was. I asked if the unit had shipped and received a "No.". I then canceled the order. I was told I would receive a cancelation Email but as of several hours later I have not seen one.

I will not attempt to do business with them in the future!

"Banana Boat Camera's just cancelled my camera order without any email contact or call."

"Absolutel the worst Store Ever. I should have come here and checked before I purchased. The rudest sales person trying to cross sell me things I did not need . And then when I got fed up and canceled my order, threatened to charge me 150.

"THIS IS THE LETTER I JUST EMAILED THEM:
I believe I have been scammed by your company.
On 11/11/2006 I placed a confirmed order for two Nikon D80 cameras and have periodically checked each week to find out the status of the order. I was told it was in the works and would be in.
I called up the order tonight and it read "This order has been cancelled".
I run a company Howard Productions and have been counting on these cameras.
I'm sure you will reinstate this order and contact me on the delivery date.
Sincerely, Carl Howard

"SCAMMERS!! They cancelled my order without notification and
when I called about a Nikon D50 I had ordered said that was in backorder and tryied to sell me another camera at a very
BAD price. STAY AWAY!!!!!

Union City, CA

"Like anybody doing online purchases, I got to BananaBoatCamera.com thru Google's Froogle. They advertised a Sony VPL-VW50 with the lowest quoted price at $3,384.00 plus $79.99 shipping. ProjectorCentral.com has listed the going street price at $4,999.00,I even checked out Sony's web store, SonyStyle.com which had same price. Placed the order 11/28/06 and got an email with the order number with a note about calling them to confirm the order. Knowing in advance that this was just a ploy to get me buying additional services/accesories to bump up the purchase price, I ignored it and just checked my credit card if they have charged, nope, no charge. I used American Express with their zero liability on fraudulent charges, gave me some peace of mind if they try to pull a fast one. Finally after a week of nothing happening, called their customer service number to aske about purchase status. I waited for about 5 to 10 minutes and talked to some guy saying that I was buying the international model which won't have any warranty in the US and tried selling me the US model for $ 400 more. I said I don't care if I get the international model and then he said I have to pay for the insurance at $311.75. I said what do I need that for, he said since the box weigh over 40 pds. and measures over 50 inches long, it would cost a lot to ship from NYC to CA. Seeing it was still a good buy, I decided to agree with his bloated insurance scam and hope this was the last of it. I asked how long would it ship to CA, he said 5 to 7 weeks, this got to my nerves but just accepted it and said he never informed me about this before. There was a sudden change in his tone of voice and he just lied, saying "I know what I said" repeatedly and hang up. Checked my credit card and got charged $ 3775.44 but had no final sales invoice yet nor had the confirmation number/invoice number. Emailed them at info@BananaBoatCamera to please send it ASAP. Waited for 3 day, no response. Called their customer service number and first question they asked was did I already talked about confirming my order, said my credit card already been charged. Put me on hold for 5 minutes then said it already been shipped. Thinking I was trying to cancell,they lied about it being shipped. So I just asked for tracking number but was told their tracking service was down, what ever, and said to call tomorrow. Following day called them around noon and finally got the tracking number, checked it out at UPS and confirmed it just shipped, not yesterday as they stated, LIARS. Anyways, I just anticipated to wait until 2007 for delivery but got the order VIA the 2nd business day delivery and the projector checked out fine, sealed, brand new, and factory fresh as promised in the web site. Guess they wanted to make up for past bad services to their customers, hope they try to keep it up. My advice is to give this company the chance to prove that it can improve service and win back your business! "

"CONNECT THE DOTS:
This retailer is the same (or uses exactly the same methods) as TheDigitalExpo.com. This is clearly bait and switch and is a federal offense since they are conducting fraudulent activities across state lines.

modified review This review was modified by brokelyn on December 05 2006 10:09:38 PM

"I ordered camera from this retailer, but two days after the package was not sent yet, so I called. After checking all the information, the guy I talked to started offering me to get extra stuff, like batteries, lenses filters, cards and etc, but I said that I don't need anything else, so he asked me how I am gonna use the camera... I told him that I can buy all that later, but he insisted that I won't be able to use the camera and what happened next was that he told me is canceling my order and hung up on me... I was shocked to be honest, such disrespect, such rudeness toward the customer who was willing to spend a lot of money..."

"Received product as described and in well packaged container."

"We are in USA. How can this happenenenene....????

First of all, when i called their 800 number...someone answered the phone and told me that this number is for Sale use only please call their local phone number for customer services...??? So I Called their local phone number and....same voice again....

He push me to buy a 512MB CF for $90 and he also mentioned that is a high speed CF. Another item is a 2.5 hour battery but without how many mAh power rating. i told him i got those item already. He ask me why i have/had those items?
I told him that I do not want to items...he told me that your order cancel because i didnot order a battery from their story??? This is my first time. After two mins...i got an email from them and told me that to confirm my order? So... i called them again....I got hand up again......I also send them email to cancel my order but ....not reply yet.

Before you order from this store... please think about again and again....

you can also view from http://www.sheddingsomelight.com/buy-cameras/list/dealers-ccifam.html