Stores > Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co.

• Balsam Hill Chr

Product & services pricing Rating 3.68/10 3.68/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.44/10 5.44/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.17/10 7.17/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.81/10 4.81/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10

2016-12-06

Amazing Nativity Scene

"We were looking for a unique but quality nativity scene to help decorate our new home and the one we found from Balsam Hill looked perfect. We ordered it, received quick shipment, and it arrived in one piece (Something that can be challenging for nativity sets).

The packaging was fantastic and the quality of the product was greater than I anticipated. Great experience all around

This review was modified by latro12 on December 06 2016 09:23:20 AM

A Christmas Miracle!

"We finally decided to try an artificial tree this year and I wish we had done this sooner! We ordered the 7 ft Balsam Fir prelit clear/multi lights. This was the perfect Christmas tree experience: ordered our tree on sale + arrived early + set up was a breeze + tree looks amazing! The set up was so fun I did not even miss walking around the Christmas tree farm picking out a real tree. Everything was wrapped beautifully with clear instructions. I kept thinking as I was fluffing the branches how much I like this tree and the fact that no needles are getting all over the house. We should have found this tree years ago! A new tradition is born."

This review was modified by Kel.M on December 02 2016 05:40:07 PM

2016-12-02

GO to walmart or anywhere but here.

"We purchased an 8 ft. regular light tree. The bulbs constantly burnt out then after 3 years when the warranty ran out some of the white strands died and some of the color strands died so we would have had to tear all the light off and start over. About a $350 cost. So we instead bought a smaller tree with led lights being told they would still light if just a bulb burnt out. Our second year using the tree and after we decorated it a whole strand went out. We were first told it was a fuse. No luck there. Then told change out every light, would have been great if they included all the colors with our tree but they only gave us red and orange. We checked every light messing up the whole tree breaking a $25 ornament, and that didn't help. Then we were told the strand went bad, but they had told us when we ordered it that wouldn't happen. We are told tear your tree apart and we will send you a new strand. Just wonderful. I will not waist my money again with a balsam hill tree. They may be beautiful but they don't last. For the price I spent on this tree I can buy a new tree every year and not worry about the lights. Balsam hill will not get any more money from me."

Finally a Quality Tree Skirt to Complete Christmas

"I recently ordered the Lancaster Quilted Tree Skirt and couldn't be more pleased. I've been looking for a tree skirt for years, but never had luck finding an option that was both high quality and a reasonable price point. Balsam Hill has finally provided me with a product that is both of these things. It arrived very quickly (especially more quickly than I would have expected in the height of the holiday season) and is the perfect complement to the rest of my holiday decor. It's finely made (could even be mistaken for handmade) and I feel confident it will last for countless Christmas seasons to come. I'll definitely look to Balsam Hill in the future when looking for holiday decorations and will definitely pass on this particular tree skirt to those looking for one. "

This review was modified by egbc1031 on December 02 2016 12:32:34 PM

2016-12-02

Love My Mountain Meadow Wreath!

"I love my Mountain Meadow wreath from Balsam Hill! It is decorated but doesn't look too overdone. It is also incredibly realistic - my neighbors all thought it was the real thing! Their website was easy to use and the wreath arrived on time with no problems. I can't wait to order more from them - I think next year I will try one of their fall wreaths!"

This review was modified by anneo on December 02 2016 10:57:00 AM

CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS TREE

"Worst artificial tree ever. Would have gotten a better tree at Walmart. Tree not accurately described or shown and they are charging me $25 to have it returned.
Don't order.

This review was modified by crappyproduct on December 02 2016 10:13:39 AM

2016-11-30

Red Spruce Slim is Magnificent

"I've had my 7.5ft Red Spruce Slim for three years now and I absolutely love it! The foliage is beautiful and there is plenty of space to add lots of ornaments!"

2016-11-29

Loving our Christmas Wonderland!

"Over the years we have bought a LOT from Balsam Hill, and we have always been extremely happy! This year we purchased the scent machine + scents, and a very quaint snow globe that is battery-operated and has a train going around it. Everything arrived within a few days, and we are loving our newest holiday additions! Although we have a prelit artificial Christmas tree (also from Balsam Hill, and 5 years later looks just as beautiful as it did during season #1!), our home now smells like it is full of fresh-cut evergreens, and our children love the Christmas snow globe! Our home is really a winter wonderland!"

2016-11-29

STAY AWAY! -- Trust the reviews!

"DON'T BUY FROM BALSAM HILL!

Never again. Ordered a tree 3 years and 7 days ago. Light warranty is for 3 years. 3 sections of lights will not work this year. Initially contact online support who told me I had to call in for a "specialist" to help me with my issue. Called in (don't get me started on the hold times) and was told the tree was out of warranty (which by the way starts on the date of order and delivery). They wanted to "right thing for me" which was we'll do some basic troubleshooting and sorry too bad you didn't get your Christmas tree out a week sooner.

What kind of honest business wouldn't address this kind of issue under warranty? You only get your tree out once a year. It happens that one the third time getting it out of the box it is broken. I've replaced every bulb in all sections and troubleshooted for a few days before calling and then told too bad so sad.

When I first got the tree three years ago the stand was defective. I called and dealt with "specialists" until they finally sent me a new stand. I should have known then that they don't stand by what they sell. Better off going to Lowes or Home Depot - trees there are same caliber and quality of trees but MUCH CHEAPER!

OH YEAH, AND BE CAREFUL OF WHAT THEY CALL A DEAL ON THEIR SITE. IT IS ALL A RIP OFF AND THEIR "SALES" ARE ESSENTIALLY THE SAME ALL YEAR JUST REPACKAGED TO MAKE YOU THINK YOU ARE SAVING A LOT. SHOP THEIR SITE FROM MONTH TO MONTH AND YOU'LL SEE PRICES OF TREES FLUCTUATE DEPENDING ON THE "SALE"!

This review was modified by fubeca on November 29 2016 07:39:36 PM

2016-11-25

POOREST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!

"Purchased a 7' prelit fir last January after Christmas. Didn't open the box, just put it in the attic. I just opened it day after Thanksgiving and, without ever removing it from the box, find that I mistakenly ordered colored lights instead of white. I immediately got on the chat line. I admitted my mistake and ask about returning and exchanging. The answer was NO because it was outside of 30 days after receipt. I ask to speak with a manager and they disconnected me.

I called customer service and spoke with a representative and then with Phillip, a "Member of the Leadership Team". I explained and even offered to pay return shipping. He quoted the "policy" to me and again refused to work with me. He would not transfer me to the person who is able to waive policy. (There is always someone). Their refusal to work with me when I am offering to pay the shipping speaks volumes about this company.

This review was modified by kristinelarsen on November 25 2016 07:49:28 AM

2016-11-24

Abysmal Customer Service

"Ordered a $1,000 Christmas Tree in September, received a defective section of the tree. Was told by Customer Service I would have the replacement section in October. October ends, no section delivered. I contacted Customer Service again and they said their shipment from China was delayed, that I would receive in November. Now end of November and no section delivered. I called again today (on Thanksgiving) and they said I would have by next week, and mentioned that even if I wanted to return the tree...I was outside of the 30-day window.

Do yourself and your family a favor, buy from somewhere else. It will save a lot of pain and heartache.

2016-11-20

Smelly

"Purchased a 7.5 ft Balsam Hill Nantucket Blue Spruce. Received tree and set up tree. Noticed a very strong mildew order. Contacted customer service about problem. Told that some trees have an order when shipped from warehouse. Explained this was an acceptable answer for a product that cost $500+. Was instructed to put tree outside for a couple of days or wash all the limbs with a soft damp rag. This is not acceptable. Finally called customer service and talked to a supervisor. Said if I would put the tree outside for a day or two and then in the storage bag with a box of baking soda this should resolve the order. We'll see. Also asked for a rebate/discount, she stated she would need to check and call us back the same day, That did not happen. Very disappointed in product and customer service."

2016-11-18

Personal Information Violation and Poor Customer Service

"I placed my first order with Balsam Hill on 11/18/16. The representative on the phone was extremely unprofessional, speaking to other representatives during our phone call about water that they were drinking and telling another representative that he/she was doing "fine". Clearly she was not paying attention to my order process or to me.
This lack of attention on her part caused her to not only misspell my first name, after I spelled it for her, but also fail to ask me for my email address and therefore sent my order information, which includes the last four numbers of my credit card, address and phone number to another one of their clients. The representative actually told me that she sent a perfect stranger my personal information, including part of my credit card information. This is a financial security compromise that I am taking very seriously. I am wondering if this other customer can access my private information through Balsam Hill, as they have all of the information needed to pretend to be me.
This is the first time I order with this company and I am very dissatisfied. I am considering calling my credit card company and having them cancel my card for fear that one of their customers can now gain access to it after what your representative did. I cancelled my order.
I have since contacted Balsam Hill both via email and phone. They say that they are very sorry and they will make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else agin, but what about me? I guess this security breach means nothing to them. Their customer service supervisor (Ricky) even wanted to charge me $10 for the return shipping label! Unacceptable! It is only $10 but I was going to be penalized for an incompetent representative that Balsam Hill hired and failed to train properly. After I asked to speak to Ricky's supervisor Ricky came back on the phone and told me that he wouldn't charge me the $10.
This is a horrible company, that clearly does not respect customers privacy. Be careful with giving them your credit card information. It is not safe with Balsam Hills.

2016-11-04

Dont buy pre-lit trees

"There us a 10 year warranty on tree but only 3 yr on lighting. Used tree 3 seasons and strands burning out! Very difficult to remove original light strands and replace with new ones."

2016-10-10

Success with Shasta Fir Tree!

"We purchased the Shasta Fir Tree on sale in September from Balsam Hill and we are so glad we got such a steal on a quality tree like this one. The tree arrived in TWO DAYS! : ) The branches on the inside half of the branches create fullness that cover the trunk, and the outer part of the branches have the "True Needle" technology that have all of our guests asking how we got such a great deal for such a realistic tree. After fluffing the branches and turning on the lights, we have decided to leave it up for the rest of the year! Such a beautiful tree that we are excited to spend many future holiday seasons around!"

This review was modified by kellienr88 on October 10 2016 08:27:59 AM

Share Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co.'s store rating

Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. is not a merchant member
Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!