Balsam Hill ChCoupons

"Company will not replace the lights they sold me that had a design flaw that has since been corrected.
I bought this tree in 2012 for Christmas that year and had issues the day it arrived. I was told that they could only replace the middle section as the masterbulb was not replaceable. I had to wait until spring, April, to receive the replacement and I called in Nov/Dec 2012 with the problem. So I didn't get a tree that was 100% the first year, the second year I put the NEW middle section in and it was bad and they had to send me another section. This year I put up the tree and the masterbulb burned out again making the strand USELESS!! I called on Sunday, Nov 16th to report the issue and was asked to send pictures in and I did and filed a report. Called on Monday and was told I should be receiving a call anytime. No one called so I waited and after not receiving a call on Tuesday I called back on Wednesday and was first told that since warranty dept had not ruled I would have to resubmit the claim and I said I would not and they needed to act on the claim I already filed. After getting 3 more people I got a call back on Thursday, two different people, saying they would only replace the middle section and send me strands to replace the strands on the tree. I again stated that I wanted a new tree with the new update light systems so I wouldn't have to deal with this again as next year my warranty would be out. They said they would not do that and next year they would do nothing even though the light system was designed so poorly they changed it, leaving me holding the bag.

modified review This review was modified by Colts319 on November 20 2014 03:14:38 PM

"Warning to all. Balsam Hill is not a reputable company. I ordered a tree that was received defective. The top part of the tree did not light up. I called the company immediately and they wanted to "troubleshoot " the problem instead of allowing me to return the tree at their expense. They didn't even offer to replace/exchange it. I went around and around with them for months. They refused to take it back. I have never dealt with a company that was so unprofessional and crooked. There are other companies that have good products that treat their customers with respect. THESE FOLKs ARE STRAIGHT OUT CROOKS. This is not just based on customer service associate, this is their management. Run fast! Very fast!!!! I'm out of over $300.00 and still mad."

modified review This review was modified by feedbk56 on November 14 2014 07:28:40 AM

"I was giggled at by family members when I ordered a new tree in an online May sale (Silverado Slim Tree 7'with clear lights). They are not giggling now. This tree is utterly gorgeous. The lighting is that warm winter white, not the brilliant white that throws too much light into the room.

I read a few reviews on it before I purchased it and there were mostly very favourable reviews, with a few negatives ("not full enough" was one, and "decorations won't stay on it" was another that I recall.

Well, I'd say those folks are not "instruction-reading" types. There is a clear pictoral description of what the tree will look like out of the box and what it should look like, with proper preparation of the branches.

I have done extensive interior decorating work and my home has been featured in numerous publications, so yes, I have a fussy eye for detail...but the time I took to spread the branches and arrange this tree in preparation for decorations, was miniscule in relation to the RICH luxurious look that I have achieved. I thoroughly enjoyed even unpacking it, discovering one small pair of provided work gloves and one large pair, to protect my hands. They scarcely needed protection, since compared to my old harsh, sharp tree, the branches are soft.

The bag provided is sturdy and appreciated. Setup was FAR simpler than my last tree, where every sharp branch had to be inserted. This came in a set of three pieces...so simple.

I loved the downswept look of the branches so I conserved that and I had NO problem having all my decorations sit nicely and securely on the tree. As in many families, we have new glitzy decorations and some old fragile family funky treasures, and they are all securely hung on the tree.

Since my old tree was not a slim line and was quite thick with decorations, I wondered if I'd be able to fit them all on the new slimmer version. So I tucked the older, less attractive items within the branches, slightly recessed. The tree is so luxurious that the only problem was finding enough good space to tuck those in!

My only regret is that I wished I'd bought a taller one, since we do have 11' high ceilings in our livingroom, so have ample room. I'll probably design a base that lifts it higher off the floor, or maybe splurge and get the same tree in a taller size at some point.

I covered our base with bridal netting, a long strip, just wrapped round and round many times, and it looks like a snow drift. Great way to hide the legs.

In summary, I don't recall what the regular price was on this tree, but I would be just as thrilled had I NOT purchased it on sale. I would STRONGLY recommend this tree and I felt that I was dealing with an A-1 company and would buy from them again in a heartbeat.

Sincerely,
Kathryn B.

modified review This review was modified by MountainMumma on December 09 2013 09:43:48 AM

"We ordered a tree in November from Balsam Hill and paid over 500 dollars for it. The following week only half the tree came by FedEx and for some reason the other half of the tree was sent back to their warehouse. No one at Balsam Hill customer service can give us the answer as to why it was sent back or when we will receive the other half of the tree. I have spent four out of the six days on hold for more then forty-five minutes at a time and talking to supervisors trying to get an answer as to when the rest of the tree will be sent.

I just got off the phone again with still no answer and told I will now have to wait until Monday because the people they need to talk to are not working today. I started the process of calling this past Monday. Today they did offer a five percent discount and if I want to cancel the order, I need to pay for shipping and send back the other half of the tree.

It is now two and a half weeks before Christmas and we do not have a tree and have no clue when or if we can put up a tree thanks to Balsam Hill.

modified review This review was modified by kmvbbam on December 07 2013 08:49:06 AM

"Balsam Hill.com - the Christmas Tree Company which sells artificial trees.
I have contacted this Co. two times and they still do not reply at all. NO REPLY FROM THEM. NOT A WORD FROM COMPANY. I don't know if they will honor their light replacement policy? or not. Terribly frustrating when they do not respond to your questions!
I have had problems with the lights pretty much from the beginning. Now have had this for 2nd yr. One strand is completely not working correctly. Sporadically goes out! Extremely frustrating. No reply back from company. They seem to have some type of policy but I don't know if they honor it since they will not call or e-mail me back. AWFUL. I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM A COMPANY LIKE THAT. I wish I had known...

modified review This review was modified by TREEOWNER on December 06 2013 04:22:20 AM

"I purchased my three years ago and every year it has been a problem. They replaced the bad section the first year, and again the second year, and then the third year (this year) they sent a part that doesn't even belong to my tree. They guaranteed my tree the Wednesday before Thanksgiving (which was last week) since we had our Christmas on Thanksgiving Day….Wednesday I called because my tree section did not arrive….they said they never guaranteed me my part…which is a LIE!! they skirt tail around taking responsibility!!!!! I have asked for either a refund or to replace this defective tree with the same tree but the unlit version as the wiring seems to be a major issue. They said they would send the new part expedited shipping but then didn't, sent it regular ground, and it was their error for sending the wrong part!! They refuse to replace this defective tree with a new one…..they offered me either a free ornament or a free candle as a consolation prize I guess for purchasing a piece of crap tree. I will NEVER recommend Balsam Hill!!!!! It looks beautiful but doesn't help me when the lights don't work and I have to go through the replacement issue year after year!!!! They do NOT back up their product guarantee!!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by Catsrdh on December 05 2013 04:55:15 PM

"I ordered the Balsam Hill Branch Sample Kit. it had over 20 branches included. The quality of the trees are amazing. It took us a few days to sort through them all and decide. But we finally did pick the one we want. Best part is the sample kit cost is deducted from the tree once you purchase it. so the kit is free in the end!"

modified review This review was modified by Kirkland86 on November 24 2013 06:54:37 PM

"We purchased a Balsam Hill Calistoga Fir Tree for the Holidays last year, after many years of getting cut trees from a local lot. The Balsam Hill tree was as good or better than the real thing - after putting up our own decorations, you would never know the difference. We are looking forward to putting it up again right after Thanksgiving. "

modified review This review was modified by kharoff on November 24 2013 09:43:43 AM

"I've got a Norway Spruce with colored and clear lights. It is gorgeous and my family loves it! It's very realistic and easy to assemble. I usually have the colored and clear lights on at the same time and it's beautiful. I bought matching wreaths too. Everything is top quality. Very happy with my purchases"

modified review This review was modified by FreshFarm on November 24 2013 08:24:00 AM

"This is my second Balsam Hill tree and I wouldn't own anything else. They are by far the most realistic, life-like tree and the company is wonderful to deal with. The pricing is alwasy fair and the product is top shelf."

modified review This review was modified by bentone999 on November 24 2013 07:53:53 AM

"I just purchased my second tree from Balsam Hill and cannot be happier with both products. I am thrilled with the quality of the trees. All my friends and family cannot believe the way the trees look and feel. I am recommending them to everyone."

modified review This review was modified by ftappel on November 24 2013 07:46:13 AM

"Great looking trees and easy setup form year to year! I got the Berkshire Mountain Fir TreeTree and it is so life like!"

"I purchased a 7.5 ft pre lit tree last year. This year we took it out of the storage bags and put it up and everything was working perfectly. The tree is very lifelike and we found it easy to assemble and wasn't any issues at all. We really like the quality of the tree."

"Last year I purchased the 7.5' Balsam Fir....absolutely breathtaking with both clear and multi lights. Yes, Balsam Hill is a little pricey but well worth it for the quality and realistic look you get. You know the old adage, you get what you pay for! My best friend thought I was crazy to pay that amount of money but I love Christmas and was not about to settle for a "shoddy" looking tree. When she saw my Balsam Hill tree she took back everything she had said about the price.
I loved my tree soooo much, that this year I purchased the Durango Fir for her as a combination Birthday/Christmas present, as the tree she purchased last year was a disgrace to Christmas trees. As is customary for Balsam Hill, the tree arrived within a week of placing the order and was packaged beautifully. Very easy to put up. I did have a question which required me to speak with customer service a couple of times. Every person that I spoke with was WONDERFUL.
They were pleasant, patient, and knowledgeable. I can't RAVE about them enough.
As far as I'm concerned, Balsam Hill is a CLASS ACT.

modified review This review was modified by Offpuppy on November 23 2013 08:30:05 AM

"I bought a pre-lit tree from the UK branch of Balsam Hill. The measurements on the website were in inches. Nothing in the UK is sold in inches, it is all measured in cm. Consequently, when the tree came it was far too big for the room. I sent it back tracked delivery as requested which cost me £30 - ouch. The tree was over £400. When I phoned the company to ask for a refund, they were very rude and said I would have to wait at least 28 days after they returned the tree. I bought the tree in November. In January I still had not received the refund. So I rang again. They said they hadn't received the tree. The courier company gave me them name of the person who signed for it, so I could prove they had received it. 3 phone calls later to the rather rude customer service department, they said they were mistaken and had received the tree. They said they would credit my bank account with the refund. I didn't get it until the end of January. Glad I have the refund finally - but appalling customer service. The tree is lovely, but I if I could have bought it from somewhere else I would have because I don't think they deserve customers shopping with them."

modified review This review was modified by theonlycatkin on May 04 2013 08:18:16 AM

Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. is not a merchant member
Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!