Balsam Hill Ch Coupons
Write a review »
  • Rating 6.00/10 37 reviews

Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. is not a merchant member
    Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. contact information

"We ordered a tree in November from Balsam Hill and paid over 500 dollars for it. The following week only half the tree came by FedEx and for some reason the other half of the tree was sent back to their warehouse. No one at Balsam Hill customer service can give us the answer as to why it was sent back or when we will receive the other half of the tree. I have spent four out of the six days on hold for more then forty-five minutes at a time and talking to supervisors trying to get an answer as to when the rest of the tree will be sent.

I just got off the phone again with still no answer and told I will now have to wait until Monday because the people they need to talk to are not working today. I started the process of calling this past Monday. Today they did offer a five percent discount and if I want to cancel the order, I need to pay for shipping and send back the other half of the tree.

It is now two and a half weeks before Christmas and we do not have a tree and have no clue when or if we can put up a tree thanks to Balsam Hill.

modified review This review was modified by kmvbbam on December 07 2013 08:49:06 AM

"Balsam Hill.com - the Christmas Tree Company which sells artificial trees.
I have contacted this Co. two times and they still do not reply at all. NO REPLY FROM THEM. NOT A WORD FROM COMPANY. I don't know if they will honor their light replacement policy? or not. Terribly frustrating when they do not respond to your questions!
I have had problems with the lights pretty much from the beginning. Now have had this for 2nd yr. One strand is completely not working correctly. Sporadically goes out! Extremely frustrating. No reply back from company. They seem to have some type of policy but I don't know if they honor it since they will not call or e-mail me back. AWFUL. I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM A COMPANY LIKE THAT. I wish I had known...

modified review This review was modified by TREEOWNER on December 06 2013 04:22:20 AM

"I purchased my three years ago and every year it has been a problem. They replaced the bad section the first year, and again the second year, and then the third year (this year) they sent a part that doesn't even belong to my tree. They guaranteed my tree the Wednesday before Thanksgiving (which was last week) since we had our Christmas on Thanksgiving Day….Wednesday I called because my tree section did not arrive….they said they never guaranteed me my part…which is a LIE!! they skirt tail around taking responsibility!!!!! I have asked for either a refund or to replace this defective tree with the same tree but the unlit version as the wiring seems to be a major issue. They said they would send the new part expedited shipping but then didn't, sent it regular ground, and it was their error for sending the wrong part!! They refuse to replace this defective tree with a new one…..they offered me either a free ornament or a free candle as a consolation prize I guess for purchasing a piece of crap tree. I will NEVER recommend Balsam Hill!!!!! It looks beautiful but doesn't help me when the lights don't work and I have to go through the replacement issue year after year!!!! They do NOT back up their product guarantee!!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by Catsrdh on December 05 2013 04:55:15 PM

"I bought a pre-lit tree from the UK branch of Balsam Hill. The measurements on the website were in inches. Nothing in the UK is sold in inches, it is all measured in cm. Consequently, when the tree came it was far too big for the room. I sent it back tracked delivery as requested which cost me £30 - ouch. The tree was over £400. When I phoned the company to ask for a refund, they were very rude and said I would have to wait at least 28 days after they returned the tree. I bought the tree in November. In January I still had not received the refund. So I rang again. They said they hadn't received the tree. The courier company gave me them name of the person who signed for it, so I could prove they had received it. 3 phone calls later to the rather rude customer service department, they said they were mistaken and had received the tree. They said they would credit my bank account with the refund. I didn't get it until the end of January. Glad I have the refund finally - but appalling customer service. The tree is lovely, but I if I could have bought it from somewhere else I would have because I don't think they deserve customers shopping with them."

modified review This review was modified by theonlycatkin on May 04 2013 08:18:16 AM

"Found this company on-line after searching locally for a quality tree. Ordered and received in very short time. Tree was beautiful. Not only did they send storage bag for tree, they included gloves to prevent scratching while adjusting branches. Recommended company to family member who ordered and was equally pleased."

"I purchased a Greenwich Estates Pine Tree. I hate putting on the lights. This one comes with the lights all ready on. I love how easy it went up. Once you pulled the branches out, a little time consuming, still easier than putting on lights.I was amazed at how beautiful it looked when decorated. Could not tell it wasn't real and it was the perfect height for my house. I have and will recommend this company to my family and friends. I ordered it on a Sunday had by Wednesday."

"I had been looking for a Christmas Tree for over three years. Went to department stores, big box stores etc. only to find horrible trees just shoved into boxes. Had just about given up when I came upon the Balsam Hill site that I found impressive. I called and spoke with a very nice man who took his time and asked me lots of questions and before I knew it I had ordered the Red Spruce Slim Tree. It was less than a week and the tree was at my front door. When I opened the box I was so impressed at the way it was done up with beautiful ribbon. It was like opening a big present. In no time at all because of the easy instructions I had the tree assembled and placed in the spot I had ordered it to go. When my husband came home from work he said "Oh what a beautiful tree . . It looks so real". Balsam Hill provide a big storage bag so at the end of the season I put my tree in the bag all safe for next season. For any one wanting a beautiful tree I would not hesitate to recommend this company and I may order another tree for a different room for next year. Laurie from Vancouver "

"The Saratoga Spruce Tree is our second Balsam Hill tree. Our first tree, 7.5 feet high, and5 years old was still a beatiful tree. However, three weeks before Christmas we decided we wanted a tree with brighter lightes. We ordered the Saratoga Spruce Tree and it was delivered within 10 days. We assembled and "fluffed" the tree in one morning and it was decorated the next day. When the grandchildren arrived the next week they were all in awe over the tree. The craftmenship and detail is obvious. It is beautiful and I highly recommend any Ballsam Hill trees or products.

"Balsam Hill has the most realistic Christmas trees we have seen. The Sonoma Slim Pencil tree was so lifelike we went ahead and bought garlands to decorate the bannisters to the staircase. Again we were so pleased with the life like quality of Balsam Hill products we bought more garlands, wreaths, and table decorations. I plan to purchase one more tree from Balsam Hill for our second floor living room. We bought a Christmas garland and wreath from Frontgate and we were disappointed with the quality. It is Balsam Hill hands down."

"I bought the Westwood Pine Tree. I was so excited to finally have a new tree after 20 years. I carefully put up the tree making sure all the branches were nicely opened after shipping to Canada. The tree was the most gorgeous tree I have ever seen. People coming to my house thought it was a real tree it was so pretty. I did not have to put lights on the tree because it was already prelit which saved a lot of time. I would buy another tree from them in the future when I need one and my family wants to buy new trees too."

"I ordered a 10' Norway Spruce this past Christmas. First off, I must say that it is the most realistic tree I have ever seen. Having had a few trees in the past, some are "too convenient" in that you put two parts together and the branches fall into place. The problem with that is they are extremely heavy, awkward, and if anything breaks- they are typically un-repairable. Balsam Hill's tree comes in manageable sections where you can "fluff" each section as you work upward. I have heard many things regarding the lights not working. Granted my tree had one section of lights that did not work, they sent me replacement lights quickly. I stress the point again, you can put the tree together in sections making light replacement a snap. They have clips (not ties) that you simply snap your lights into following their pattern, and your done.
Focusing on the tree itself, the foliage is superb. What a beautiful tree. I would recommend, as with any Christmas tree purchase, if you are in need of a tree, order early. If you need to fix and/or replace something- you have time to do so. Again, being able to have a tree in small segments, building up as you go, is hugely important both now and years to come. Eventually you will need to change lights, but having the ability to do so without climbing inside the tree and bending branches is very important. Also, very few tress that I have seen out there- you have the ability to change a single branch. All in all, these are top quality trees that are beautiful. I do believe that too many of us order last minute and depend on there being no issues at all. If things arise, it gets blown out of proportion quickly, and we all panic. Order early. Remember, if you order late, all of the delivery services are shipping millions of boxes (each with less and less care), it might not be the company in which you buy from. Bottom line is that Balsam Hill did own up to the malfunction (working as quickly as it could) and took care of the issue. I'd rather have a company I know will stand behind their product then having a tree with no issues for one year and dealing with a "voicemail" company.

"After years of fighting with a time consuming artificial tree that involved placing individual branches and shaping them each year it was so wonderful to have a tree that required so little assembly and shaping! I went from a full day to put up a 12 foot tree - no decorations - just the tree; to an hour, an I am very fussy about arranging the branches etc. People came to my house and commented how nice it was to have a real tree! They had to come right up and touch the tree to believe it wasn't real. The quality is incredible, I couldn't be more pleased! And communicating with the company, ordering and delivery were all exceptional. I felt like my tree had been shipped to me by a personal friend, so much care was taken in making it carefully packed. There were so many little special touches and obvious care put in the shipment. After this experience I won't buy from anywhere else and I've told all my family and friends to shop here as well."

"Last year I ordered a balsam fir tree from Balsam Hill, with 540 LED lightsand it was absolutely beautiful! Folks who visited could not believe it was artificial. My nephew and I fluffed it up as suggested, and it took some time, but was well worth it. I put it away for this year, and when I took it out, I was amazed and very happy! As we put it up, the tree almost took its shape again from the prior year, and took very little "fluffing up". Of course, I did as they suggested, and used the bag they provided to store it. This is the greatest product I have ever seen! Their service and helpfulness with the order was phenomenal, and I have nothing but PRAISE for this company.
This year I ordered the "lit Autumn Harvest Wreath" and matching garland for my dining/kitchen area. Again, the products are OUTSTANDING, and they added to the festivity of the season. The lights on the wreath are placed very well and highlight the wreath, making it a focal point when you enter the room. Would I recommend Balsam Hill to my friends? ABSOLUTELY! --Anne Flansburg, Ocala FL

"Avoid this company at all costs. We opened our Balsam Hill tree and the electrical prongs were bent to the side and loose posing a severe fire hazard and risk of a dangerous electrical shock had we attempted to plug the tree in. We called customer service and were told we could return the damaged tree but we'd have to pay the $50 to ship it back to them. I asked to speak with a manager and was told one wasn't available. Tried several more times and continued to get the run-around. The customer service reps appear to be temps and there is never a manager available. We are in the process of disputing this with our credit card company."

"This company should be avoided at all costs. I ordered a tree and received a confirmation number. I waited a week and had no further information sent. When I phoned to inquire as to the status, I was informed my credit card had been declined and the tree was out of stock. I then ordered another tree on the agreement I could get the sale price at the time I had ordered the previous tree. The bill came in at the new sale price not the one that I had requested. I made several attempts to get the matter resolved but got no where. I received my credit card statement and low and behold there was the charge for the original order. This company was anything but helpful and customer service was non existent. It should not take a week to come to a resolution on the sale price. They missed the deadline to resolve the matter so the tree is being returned to them at their cost. I would never use them in the future. The whole experience has been anything but enjoyable."