Balsam Hill ChCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.63/10 1.63/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.37/10 0.37/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.45/10 0.45/10

"Terrible! This company has the worst customer service. I recived a damaged tree and started trying to get the replacement parts in November (11-21-2014) today is 12-18-2014 and still no tree. I spoke with someone 6 business days ago and they said should have it in 4-6 business days- still no replacement parts. I finally got a email saying it was in their wearhouse and should be shipped soon. That was two days ago and still they have not sent the tracking number they promised. Stay away from. balsam hill!!!! This has been a nightmare. We have spent 3-4 hours on the phone with these people and have not gotten anywhere. Trust the crapy reviews. Over priced and worthless customer service!!!! ahhhhhhh"

modified review This review was modified by Rdorazio on December 17 2014 10:30:27 PM

"My new Balsam Hill Centennial Fir is absolutely spectacular! It far exceeds my expectations, both in looks and ease of use. Even my husband - who can be a Grinch - thinks it's the most beautiful tree we've ever had (artificial or live). In fact, I catch him standing in the living room, gazing at the tree when he thinks I'm not looking. The tree went together exactly as described - it took all of 5 minutes. But it's the way the branches just fell into place and the way the lights are strung not just on the outside of the branches but all through the tree that make this one special. We are absolutely delighted with our Balsam Hill tree, and we've been telling all our friends that this is the way to go. Bravo, Balsam Hill!"

"Very disappointed and frustrated with the product and the the inability of Balsam Hill's customer service to right a wrong. There is no quality control. No ability of customer service to come to an equitable solution to an immediate problem. I received a tree with a broken plug for the multi-colored lights. Husband could have easily replaced the plug himself, but was told the warranty would be voided. Company wouldn't overnight a replacement part (the bottom section of the tree) because we didn't pay for overnight of the original order. We explained that we had to put up the tree the next day, because husband was going to hospital for surgery the day following and would be unable to put up the tree after that. They didn't care. Wouldn't make any accommodation for our circumstances, especially considering that the lighted tree they sent us was a defective product. We spent over 3 hours on the phone with their UNCARING customer service with no resolution. Even sent an email to Thomas Harman, CEO, who didn't have the courtesy to reply. The light strands are very cheap and the prongs on the plug were broken when we received the tree. It went back to Balsam Hill the day after we received it. No tree in our house this year.
Will never deal with this company again.

"WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!
Ordered the wrong tree. My bad. Called to exchange for a MORE EXPENSIVE BIGGER TREE. Said they would send me UPS return label. Never did. Called again they said that I'd have to pay for the new tree in full & then wait 30 days for them to credit my return. They also said they were going to charge me a $50 re-stocking fee, but if I swapped & paid for a new tree in full they'd waive that fee. They still never sent return label. Said that I'd be content to wait until they received my tree & then charge me the difference to resend me my new tree. Told me a supervisor would call me within 48 hours. 5 days later - no call. No UPS label. Tried to call AGAIN - on hold more than 30 minutes. Finally I returned tree at my own expense. Emailed customer service with NO REPLY from them. Rec'd automated notice that they rec'd my return and it would be 30-60 days before I'd see my credit. Every call was a minimum of 20 minutes hold. AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL... and again - I was ready to spend ANOTHER $250 on a bigger tree. Never again. They clearly don't care. Still haven't received my credit. Disputed charge.

modified review This review was modified by jennc922 on December 16 2014 10:09:49 AM

"Stay away from this company - This is in relation to Balsam Hill Australia - After reviewing their site we decided to order a tree. Their site clearly indicates that if there is not stock the site will indicate no stock.

We placed our order only to get an email the next day advising they were out of stick. This was a Friday afternoon 5 minutes before their customer care line closed.

I called Monday to cancel the order and was advised my money would be refunded within 2 days - Its been over a week now and I have sent them several emails enquiring about my refund and not a single reply.

They are simply out to take your money and have absolutely no customer service skills at all. STAY AWAY OR RISK LOSING YOUR MONEY

"WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! Purchased a pre lit tree last year which was used for all of two weeks. On assembling it this year the lights don't work. This was notified to the company on December 1st! We were promised a call back from their technical department which we never received. On further enquiry we were told it must be the transformer. This was apparently sent out in the 1st December and should have been received within 5 days. Suffice to say this was never received! Contacting this company has been a nightmare. They don't respond to e mails or pick up phones. When you do get through to customer service you are informed that they are just a call handling service with no ability to assist and who are only able to take messages for Balsalm Hill head office. I am so angry as my tree is under warranty but no one will help or contact me. It is Christmas next week and I have been left without a functioning tree. I have two very disappointed young children. I have never reviewed a product before but I'm doing so in the hope that others do their research before using this company and take note of my negative experiences. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. AVOID AVOID AVOID. THEY ARE THIEVES. They have stolen my money and essentially left me with a faulty product that is not fit for purpose. "

modified review This review was modified by Hollygolightly74 on December 15 2014 02:03:39 PM

"Wrong Tree, No answer from Customer Service and a very sad 2 year old daughter!

My experience with Balsam Hill has gone from bad to worse.

Firstly I placed the order with them on the Friday the 5th December. I sent an email on Monday the 8th December asking for an update on an estimated delivery and I had no response. I then checked my online account and I was provided with a tracking number. Their website clearly states that this item was shipped with FedEx however it was a Yodel tracking number. After spending hours on the phone to FedEx and Yodel we worked out that the tracking number was incorrect and should not start with letters "Yodel-J". I dread think what my mobile phone bill will be this month after being on hold for so many hours to 0845/local rate numbers.

I then emailed again on Thursday the 11th December and they responded a day later. I understand that Yodel are having massive issues with the volume of deliveries and they kindly credited me with £30 due to the delivery taking so long.

I have tried contacting them at least four times a day during working hours and there has been no response on the telephone.

The tree arrived on Friday 12th December and its not the one I added to the basket originally. The one I wished to purchase and originally added to my basket was a 6.5ft BH Fraser Fir Candlelit LED. The tree that has arrived is a 7ft Vancouver Spruce Candlelit LED. I'm not sure how this mix up has occurred.

I have a two year old daughter who has been waiting very eagerly to decorate her Christmas Tree. I am massively desperate to get this matter rectified. I'm even thinking of booking a day off work and driving down to their warehouse to get this tree exchanged but they won't answer my calls

There is NO RESPONSE from their customer service team. Having spent almost £300 I am very disappointed. I feel like I've been ripped off just before Christmas and my daughter hasn't had the Christmas experience that she deserved. Avoid this company - don't go through the same experience.

modified review This review was modified by Manny2014 on December 15 2014 04:16:59 AM

"They are a bunch of unprofessional, lying, ignorant con-artists.
Honestly, avoid them and save yourself £££s, disappointment and raised blood pressure!

modified review This review was modified by EJ88 on December 13 2014 01:48:43 PM

"I wish I had taken the time to do my homework on this company before agreeing to allow the showroom in Burlingame to place an order for an out-out-stock tree that I wanted to purchase. I live in the SF Bay Area and was happy to be able to see the trees in person as I'd heard they were very realistic and worth the money. But alas, they didn't have the particular tree I wanted and they agreed to extend an extra 5% discount for the trouble.

This was on Saturday...

I was impressed to see the tree arrive on Tuesday. It was in two boxes... But as soon as I opened the boxes, I realized they shipped one of the correct boxes but didn't send the right 2nd box. Instead they shipped me an entirely different tree in the second box... So I called customer service.

Customer Service said 'it'll take 72 hours to investigate'

I said there's nothing to investigate... Just send the right box!

I asked to speak with someone on the 'escalation' team and finally got that person to agree to ship the box sooner. She said 'it might go out today, but absolutely no later than tomorrow'

Two days later, no further emails or updates so I call back and ask for an update.

They say 'we can't transfer calls to other people in this call center so I'll have to help you instead of transferring to the person who made the promise to me.'

They disconnected the call so I had to call back...

They finally said, the case is 'where it's supposed to be' and should be determined next steps in another day or so.'

So bottom line: he 'escalation rep' outright lied to me to get me off the phone.

We'll see if the other tree box ever arrives, but I'm planning to send it back to them (at their expense) and get my money back either from them or by denying the charge on my credit card.

"We live in a small apartment and wanted a realistic small tree. Got the Vermont White Spruce 4.5' tree. It looks absolutely stunning!!! I am surprised how full it is and how real it looks. It is well worth the price and looks like it is worth so much more! "

modified review This review was modified by kum123 on December 11 2014 02:18:52 PM

"A UK customer. Service crap, customer services even more crap. Cannot get a response from them despite 5 e-mails and 2 telephone call (not answered) just to find out if the item has been despatched. The confirmation of purchase order stated item would be sent by DHL however, their website blamed their courier partners Yodell as the problem. Cannot get any response from this dire company and will issue a small claims against them shortly unless the item is received in good order. Take a tip do not use this bunch of shysters, they take the money and lose any interest afterwards. Totally bonk organisation, do not touch them with a barge pole."

modified review This review was modified by Clarke999 on December 11 2014 09:43:43 AM

"A UK customer. What a terrible company to deal with. Customer service agents are very nice but are actually only work on behalf of Balsam Hill, they are just call handling agents who work for a company in Ireland. So it's impossible to get an answer if there is a problem or delay on your order, and I mean impossible! They may have a nice product, but do have a terrible service, which is ironic as they pride themselves on offering 'highest standards' of service! Would I recommend this company..NO"

modified review This review was modified by Rhydding on December 10 2014 11:47:43 PM

"Shocking customer service paid a fortune for what I thought would be a lovely tree but arrived not what I ordered damaged and nothing like the trees in the picture 3 weeks on and my complaint has still not been addressed!!"

"The trees are beautiful but the customer service is awful. I will never do business with this company again and neither should you. I had a problem with my first tree and after an exhausted 5 days conversation with them they finally agreed to exchange it. Only I had to buy a new one and wait for them to issue the return order for the first one. The problem is I could never get them to issue the return. They kept making excuses. It is coming, sorry wrong email, the supervisor is too busy to talk to you. I am going to my credit card company and taking it with them since this company with no respond a buisness like manner after hours on the phone with them"

modified review This review was modified by unhappytreeowner on December 10 2014 07:07:50 AM

"Avoid like the plague. I ignored the reviews on here and have well and truly been conned before Christmas. Thanks god I paid on my credit card, am now claiming under section 75 as the company doesn't answer its phone or reply to emails. The worst customer service I have ever received. This company lies and takes money from people before Christmas and are nothing more than con merchants. Ordered a week ago, no record of shipping lied to me about being shipped but no record whatsoever with courier.

Please please please avoid, I never write reviews as I don't believe in them but I felt so strongly this time that I did.

I am writing this review from the UK.

modified review This review was modified by Rms72 on December 10 2014 02:53:14 AM

Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. is not a merchant member
Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!