• Balsam Hill Chr

2015-01-23

"Absolutely horrible customer service. I placed a very large order with them (over $8,000). Although I was not thrilled with the quality of multiple items, I called them only to send me a critical part that was missing from a large rolling storage bag (cost over $200). I was told nothing would happen until someone from "warranty" contacted me and that would not be for at least 72 hours. Meanwhile, I have no place to store all the garlands I purchased and have now taken down. Even just returning the thing and getting my money back was said to require the "warranty" department and a 72 hour wait to even hear from someone. This is the service provided to someone with an order over $8000. Shameful. They will never get another dime of my money and they should not get a penny of yours either."

This review was modified by review2015 on January 23 2015 06:20:28 AM

2015-01-15

"I paid for my tree on the 26th november. It was delivered faulty with the lights not working on one section.Eventually they collected the faulty tree on the 29th of December leaving me out of pocket by £269. I have still not received a refund. The process to have it collected took numerous phone calls and e-mails each promise being broken. I will now have to take them to court to get my money. This company is not to be trusted and has a terrible customer service."

This review was modified by Mossop on January 15 2015 02:29:32 AM

2015-01-12

"I purchased the 9 foot balsam fir which comes in 4 sections and 2 large boxes. After putting the first two sections together, we noticed that there was at least one string of lights on each section that was not working. We worked on changing fuses and tightening bulbs for over an hour to no avail. After a call to customer service, it was evident that the girl didn't know anything about the tree or how to help. She offered me a work order number and told me to email pictures of the tree to customer support. For a tree that costs $1100, it should work perfectly out of the box. Despite that fact that the tree was defective, I was charged $100 to return this tree back. I was also surprised at the "plastic" look of some of the branches. A big disappointment in the tree and in Balsam Hill's customer service!"

This review was modified by snmazzei on January 12 2015 01:31:08 PM

2015-01-05

"Since Balsam Hill edited my review, I am posting my complete review here.
We purchased the 7.5 foot Black Spruce, and it is full and realistic looking. The "fluffing" process is time-consuming, and I found the printed instructions not very helpful, but Balsam Hill's video online was more so. I "fluffed" a lot and still have areas where there are holes, so unless you have a professional fluffer, don't expect your tree to look like those in the BH pictures. There are a lot of lights, and they don't seem evenly-spaced, but with a garland and ornaments, the tree looks great. The multi LED lights are bright--eye-blinding, intolerably bright.

After determining that BH's exchange policy wasn't going to work for us and spending an excessively long time on the phone with customer service, my daughter looked up LED dimmers online. A supervisor finally asked a tech if the lights were dimmable, and it was confirmed that they were, and we were given voltage and watts measures to help us buy a $15 dimmer. This saved the day, and we can actually look at the tree now.

As far as service goes, the reps on the phone are polite and try to be helpful, but I am not impressed with the service we received in our situation. I had used a $150 Groupon (for which I paid $69) for the purchase of the 7.5' multi LED Black Spruce tree. I called to ask if I could exchange the tree for the exact same tree, but with Candelight LED lights. The answer was, basically, sure, but we can't guarantee that you'll get the $150 off of the second tree, and you are on your own with trying to get Groupon to honor the discount. Wait a minute. Didn't BH contract with Groupon to offer the discount? And yet, BH was willing to keep its share of what it got from Groupon, while I paid the non-discounted amount for the exchanged tree. So, I would actually ultimately pay more for the tree, or I could pay $50 to return the multi LED one, have no tree, and lose the $69 as well. Either of these scenarios was acceptable to BH management, and yes, the reps on the phone escalated my question to higher levels and had my daughter not come up with a solution (one they might of suggested), these were our choices as far as BH was concerned. I just don't believe that BH couldn't have been more helpful, that someone at a higher level of this high-end, pricey Christmas tree company couldn't have been more accommodating and somehow have found a way to make my exchange an even one. Lesson learned: Don't use a Groupon at Balsam Hill unless you are 100 percent sure. I also hope I don't have future problems with this tree because this makes me worry about the company's service in general."

This review was modified by Mstea123 on January 05 2015 03:23:20 PM

2014-12-26

"I purchased a 6.5 ft Fraser Fir in 2011 for my mother. The day after I placed my order, the web site had a 10% reduction on the tree I ordered. I contacted customer service and they honored the sale price on my order - no questions asked! Recently (3 years later), one of my strands of lights went out. Again I contacted customer service and they were exceptional! They are sending me out a replacement strand - no charge!

This review was modified by jrezende on December 26 2014 09:35:48 AM

2014-12-19

"Did I mention that Balsam Hill is awful? They will not make good on damaged flameless candles they sent me."

This review was modified by BHDislike on December 19 2014 12:40:52 PM

2014-12-18

"My Dad purchased a Christmas tree from Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co on 10/27/2014. He went to put it up on 12/7/2014 and found the electrical portion of section 2 was damaged and only the bottom section would light. For a hand made tree the quality control is lousy. Sent pictures on 12/7/2014 of the damage and received an email that it would take at least 72 hours to determine if he qualified for a replacement part. I finally called on 12/10/2014 an told it was approved. I then received and email that it should be shipped the week of the 12th. After multiple call,s I was finally told today, 12/18/2014, that they were out of that replacement part and would not have it before this Christmas. Also, unless you put your tree up as very early, as my Dad bought it early, you can only return it, even for exchange, within the first 30 days, even if damaged and they can't supply replacement parts. The customer service, quality control and return/replacement policies are awful. I would not recommend this company to anyone unless you want to risk having your Christmas RUINED!"

This review was modified by ebartsch on December 18 2014 01:31:13 PM

2014-12-18

"I bought a Noble Fir Flip Tree and it looks stunning. SO real, i can hardly believe it is artificial. My tree came within a few days and was so easy to set up!! I absolutely love it!"

This review was modified by mturkperdue on December 18 2014 01:07:04 PM

2014-12-17

"Terrible! This company has the worst customer service. I recived a damaged tree and started trying to get the replacement parts in November (11-21-2014) today is 12-18-2014 and still no tree. I spoke with someone 6 business days ago and they said should have it in 4-6 business days- still no replacement parts. I finally got a email saying it was in their wearhouse and should be shipped soon. That was two days ago and still they have not sent the tracking number they promised. Stay away from. balsam hill!!!! This has been a nightmare. We have spent 3-4 hours on the phone with these people and have not gotten anywhere. Trust the crapy reviews. Over priced and worthless customer service!!!! ahhhhhhh"

This review was modified by Rdorazio on December 17 2014 10:30:27 PM

2014-12-17

"My new Balsam Hill Centennial Fir is absolutely spectacular! It far exceeds my expectations, both in looks and ease of use. Even my husband - who can be a Grinch - thinks it's the most beautiful tree we've ever had (artificial or live). In fact, I catch him standing in the living room, gazing at the tree when he thinks I'm not looking. The tree went together exactly as described - it took all of 5 minutes. But it's the way the branches just fell into place and the way the lights are strung not just on the outside of the branches but all through the tree that make this one special. We are absolutely delighted with our Balsam Hill tree, and we've been telling all our friends that this is the way to go. Bravo, Balsam Hill!"

2014-12-16

"WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!
Ordered the wrong tree. My bad. Called to exchange for a MORE EXPENSIVE BIGGER TREE. Said they would send me UPS return label. Never did. Called again they said that I'd have to pay for the new tree in full & then wait 30 days for them to credit my return. They also said they were going to charge me a $50 re-stocking fee, but if I swapped & paid for a new tree in full they'd waive that fee. They still never sent return label. Said that I'd be content to wait until they received my tree & then charge me the difference to resend me my new tree. Told me a supervisor would call me within 48 hours. 5 days later - no call. No UPS label. Tried to call AGAIN - on hold more than 30 minutes. Finally I returned tree at my own expense. Emailed customer service with NO REPLY from them. Rec'd automated notice that they rec'd my return and it would be 30-60 days before I'd see my credit. Every call was a minimum of 20 minutes hold. AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL... and again - I was ready to spend ANOTHER $250 on a bigger tree. Never again. They clearly don't care. Still haven't received my credit. Disputed charge."

This review was modified by jennc922 on December 16 2014 10:09:49 AM

2014-12-15

"Stay away from this company - This is in relation to Balsam Hill Australia - After reviewing their site we decided to order a tree. Their site clearly indicates that if there is not stock the site will indicate no stock.

We placed our order only to get an email the next day advising they were out of stick. This was a Friday afternoon 5 minutes before their customer care line closed.

I called Monday to cancel the order and was advised my money would be refunded within 2 days - Its been over a week now and I have sent them several emails enquiring about my refund and not a single reply.

They are simply out to take your money and have absolutely no customer service skills at all. STAY AWAY OR RISK LOSING YOUR MONEY"

2014-12-15

"WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! Purchased a pre lit tree last year which was used for all of two weeks. On assembling it this year the lights don't work. This was notified to the company on December 1st! We were promised a call back from their technical department which we never received. On further enquiry we were told it must be the transformer. This was apparently sent out in the 1st December and should have been received within 5 days. Suffice to say this was never received! Contacting this company has been a nightmare. They don't respond to e mails or pick up phones. When you do get through to customer service you are informed that they are just a call handling service with no ability to assist and who are only able to take messages for Balsalm Hill head office. I am so angry as my tree is under warranty but no one will help or contact me. It is Christmas next week and I have been left without a functioning tree. I have two very disappointed young children. I have never reviewed a product before but I'm doing so in the hope that others do their research before using this company and take note of my negative experiences. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. AVOID AVOID AVOID. THEY ARE THIEVES. They have stolen my money and essentially left me with a faulty product that is not fit for purpose. "

This review was modified by Hollygolightly74 on December 15 2014 02:03:39 PM

2014-12-15

"Wrong Tree, No answer from Customer Service and a very sad 2 year old daughter!

My experience with Balsam Hill has gone from bad to worse.

Firstly I placed the order with them on the Friday the 5th December. I sent an email on Monday the 8th December asking for an update on an estimated delivery and I had no response. I then checked my online account and I was provided with a tracking number. Their website clearly states that this item was shipped with FedEx however it was a Yodel tracking number. After spending hours on the phone to FedEx and Yodel we worked out that the tracking number was incorrect and should not start with letters "Yodel-J". I dread think what my mobile phone bill will be this month after being on hold for so many hours to 0845/local rate numbers.

I then emailed again on Thursday the 11th December and they responded a day later. I understand that Yodel are having massive issues with the volume of deliveries and they kindly credited me with £30 due to the delivery taking so long.

I have tried contacting them at least four times a day during working hours and there has been no response on the telephone.

The tree arrived on Friday 12th December and its not the one I added to the basket originally. The one I wished to purchase and originally added to my basket was a 6.5ft BH Fraser Fir Candlelit LED. The tree that has arrived is a 7ft Vancouver Spruce Candlelit LED. I'm not sure how this mix up has occurred.

I have a two year old daughter who has been waiting very eagerly to decorate her Christmas Tree. I am massively desperate to get this matter rectified. I'm even thinking of booking a day off work and driving down to their warehouse to get this tree exchanged but they won't answer my calls

There is NO RESPONSE from their customer service team. Having spent almost £300 I am very disappointed. I feel like I've been ripped off just before Christmas and my daughter hasn't had the Christmas experience that she deserved. Avoid this company - don't go through the same experience.

This review was modified by Manny2014 on December 15 2014 04:16:59 AM

2014-12-12

"I wish I had taken the time to do my homework on this company before agreeing to allow the showroom in Burlingame to place an order for an out-out-stock tree that I wanted to purchase. I live in the SF Bay Area and was happy to be able to see the trees in person as I'd heard they were very realistic and worth the money. But alas, they didn't have the particular tree I wanted and they agreed to extend an extra 5% discount for the trouble.

This was on Saturday...

I was impressed to see the tree arrive on Tuesday. It was in two boxes... But as soon as I opened the boxes, I realized they shipped one of the correct boxes but didn't send the right 2nd box. Instead they shipped me an entirely different tree in the second box... So I called customer service.

Customer Service said 'it'll take 72 hours to investigate'

I said there's nothing to investigate... Just send the right box!

I asked to speak with someone on the 'escalation' team and finally got that person to agree to ship the box sooner. She said 'it might go out today, but absolutely no later than tomorrow'

Two days later, no further emails or updates so I call back and ask for an update.

They say 'we can't transfer calls to other people in this call center so I'll have to help you instead of transferring to the person who made the promise to me.'

They disconnected the call so I had to call back...

They finally said, the case is 'where it's supposed to be' and should be determined next steps in another day or so.'

So bottom line: he 'escalation rep' outright lied to me to get me off the phone.

We'll see if the other tree box ever arrives, but I'm planning to send it back to them (at their expense) and get my money back either from them or by denying the charge on my credit card."

Share Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co.'s store rating

Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. is not a merchant member
Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!