Stores > Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co.
  • Balsam Hill Chr

Voice your opinion! Review Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. by clicking a star below.
2017-08-18

Best Wreath!

"I love love love my new wreath from Balsam Hill! I was really happy when it came to my door (very quick delivery too). I opened the box and was so pleased with the vibrant colors and how beautiful it was. It was hard choosing the wreath because of how many cute ones they have on their site, but I'm really happy with the outcome. It looks so nice on my red door. I can't wait to revisit the site and buy more of their items. Thanks, Balsam Hill!!!"

2017-08-10

Better than expected!

"My mom gave me her Christmas tree years ago. It was an expensive exquisite tree from a special store. I adore it, but it's getting old and the lights are going out. I didn't think I'd even fine another tree as beautiful as hers and it made shopping for a tree more difficult (now I'm very picky and it's her fault, lol). I heard of Balsam Hill trees so I checked them out online. I ordered the 12 FT Balsam Fir Narrow Prelit Artificial Christmas Tree - Clear LED. I'm thrilled I did! I didn’t realize there is a mix of 2 styles of branches (needles) – so excited! Love that it comes in 5 separate tree parts for easy handling and convenient storage. Love the fast setup with no wires - only 1 electric plug. LOVE how each tree pole easily drops into the truck…and presto the lights come on! Too bad it's July - I want it up now! "

2017-01-05

Balsam Hill customer service is like monkeys f*cking footballs

"Balsam Hill 9' Christmas Tree arrived with blue and green light covers with white lights under the covers. The red, orange, and yellow lights had the coordinating lights bulbs under their correct caps. This wouldn't have been as noticeable had ALL the blue and green lights been the same. Seven blue lights and seven green lights had blue and green bulbs under their prospective cap covers which produced very vibrant in colors. So one row at the top of the tree was correct, and one row at the bottom of the tree was correct. The tree basically looked red, orange, and gold with a few dots of green and blue.
I called the company and they assured me they would send replacement lights. A three weeks later, no lights. I called the company again, and again, they assured me they would send out the correct lights. Clear lights arrived - NOT blue and green. So, I called Balsam Hill again. Again, they assured me they would send out the correct lights. Well beyond Christmas, a little package of red, orange, and blue lights arrived - NO green! And there was only one blue light that was correct!! The other blue lights were the same as I already had - blue caps over clear lights!
I contacted them again through their chat and they told me to call customer service. I called customer service and customer service has a recording stating that due to bad weather they have sent home the employees. So, I sent them an email stating the whole problem once again, and since we are playing "Tag," they were "it."
Same day, well no, 4:00am the next day, I receive an email stating that I have to call customer service. Face palm!
Short of the trunk of the tree looking real, I wouldn't recommend anyone spending $2,000 for a tree that looks cheaper than one from Wal-Mart! Don't walk away from Balsam Hill - RUN!!!

2016-12-30

Balsam Hill Tree electrical problems and deceptive customer service

"A few years ago we bought a Balsam Hill tree. The last couple years we noticed problems with lights on the tree and discovered this year that one of the light cords was starting to "melt" because of defective materials. We contacted the company, sent documentation including pictures, and were given deceptive and misleading instructions.

One thing we were instructed to do was to immediately dispose of the roughly $1,400 tree, or recycle it, and we would be getting a replacement tree immediately. This seemed odd so we called back. There was NO record that we were contacted, NO record that a replacement tree would be sent out, and NO indication we would be getting a replacement.

These are clearly, unfair and deceptive business practices from a legal standpoint. This Christmas we got a different tree and have not been able to use the tree we purchased from Balsam Hill. After we started corresponding with them ONLY in writing, and NOT over the phone, there was NO effort on their part to resolve the issue.

Numerous Federal Recalls for Balsam Hill products because of potentially dangerously defective tree lights at the Federal Consumer Products Safety Commission. Do a Google Search with the following phrase:

-- Balsam Hill Federal Consumer Products Safety --

It is my opinion that anyone should report ALL Balsam Hill issues to the Federal Consumer Products Safety Commission and request Balsam Hill recall and refund any of their products.

You can call them to report Balsam Hill products:

Phone: (301) 504-7923
Hours: M-F 8 a.m - 4:30 pm ET

2016-12-09

Faulty trees and TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

"If there was an option for zero stars, this is what this company would get from me. While yes, the trees do look realistic, I have had nothing but issues with the products since purchasing 4 years ago. I've had several parts replaced and whole trees replaced too, and with each time I experience TERRIBLE customer service. Repeated promises broken, calls never returned, and being passed from customer service rep to customer service rep (who never seem to document anything). After receiving TEN replacement parts in the last four years, here I am waiting for a replacement part that they SWORE was on its way to me a month ago. I called again only to hear that there was no record of that happening and now the product is out of stock and I won't receive it until sometime next spring.... I shouldn't be surprised at this point. Do not waste your time with this company, despite the realism of the trees themselves, it's not worth it!!!!"

2016-12-06

Amazing Nativity Scene

"We were looking for a unique but quality nativity scene to help decorate our new home and the one we found from Balsam Hill looked perfect. We ordered it, received quick shipment, and it arrived in one piece (Something that can be challenging for nativity sets).

The packaging was fantastic and the quality of the product was greater than I anticipated. Great experience all around

A Christmas Miracle!

"We finally decided to try an artificial tree this year and I wish we had done this sooner! We ordered the 7 ft Balsam Fir prelit clear/multi lights. This was the perfect Christmas tree experience: ordered our tree on sale + arrived early + set up was a breeze + tree looks amazing! The set up was so fun I did not even miss walking around the Christmas tree farm picking out a real tree. Everything was wrapped beautifully with clear instructions. I kept thinking as I was fluffing the branches how much I like this tree and the fact that no needles are getting all over the house. We should have found this tree years ago! A new tradition is born."

2016-12-02

GO to walmart or anywhere but here.

"We purchased an 8 ft. regular light tree. The bulbs constantly burnt out then after 3 years when the warranty ran out some of the white strands died and some of the color strands died so we would have had to tear all the light off and start over. About a $350 cost. So we instead bought a smaller tree with led lights being told they would still light if just a bulb burnt out. Our second year using the tree and after we decorated it a whole strand went out. We were first told it was a fuse. No luck there. Then told change out every light, would have been great if they included all the colors with our tree but they only gave us red and orange. We checked every light messing up the whole tree breaking a $25 ornament, and that didn't help. Then we were told the strand went bad, but they had told us when we ordered it that wouldn't happen. We are told tear your tree apart and we will send you a new strand. Just wonderful. I will not waist my money again with a balsam hill tree. They may be beautiful but they don't last. For the price I spent on this tree I can buy a new tree every year and not worry about the lights. Balsam hill will not get any more money from me."

Finally a Quality Tree Skirt to Complete Christmas

"I recently ordered the Lancaster Quilted Tree Skirt and couldn't be more pleased. I've been looking for a tree skirt for years, but never had luck finding an option that was both high quality and a reasonable price point. Balsam Hill has finally provided me with a product that is both of these things. It arrived very quickly (especially more quickly than I would have expected in the height of the holiday season) and is the perfect complement to the rest of my holiday decor. It's finely made (could even be mistaken for handmade) and I feel confident it will last for countless Christmas seasons to come. I'll definitely look to Balsam Hill in the future when looking for holiday decorations and will definitely pass on this particular tree skirt to those looking for one. "

2016-12-02

Love My Mountain Meadow Wreath!

"I love my Mountain Meadow wreath from Balsam Hill! It is decorated but doesn't look too overdone. It is also incredibly realistic - my neighbors all thought it was the real thing! Their website was easy to use and the wreath arrived on time with no problems. I can't wait to order more from them - I think next year I will try one of their fall wreaths!"

CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS TREE

"Worst artificial tree ever. Would have gotten a better tree at Walmart. Tree not accurately described or shown and they are charging me $25 to have it returned.
Don't order.

2016-11-30

Red Spruce Slim is Magnificent

"I've had my 7.5ft Red Spruce Slim for three years now and I absolutely love it! The foliage is beautiful and there is plenty of space to add lots of ornaments!"

2016-11-29

Beautiful Meadow Wreath!

"We bought the Meadow Wreath from Balsam Hill, and we absolutely LOVE it! It is a wonderful pop of color next to our front door, and we have received a ton of compliments. Our friends can't believe it isn't real, and had no idea that Balsam Hill offers floral products. The wreath is stunning, with a bunch of different flowers and branches of different shapes, sizes and colors. It looks so realistic, and it brightens up the whole entryway. The order came so quickly, and we were glad since we couldn't wait to put it up. Overall, we are very pleased with our purchase!"

2016-11-29

STAY AWAY! -- Trust the reviews!

"DON'T BUY FROM BALSAM HILL!

Never again. Ordered a tree 3 years and 7 days ago. Light warranty is for 3 years. 3 sections of lights will not work this year. Initially contact online support who told me I had to call in for a "specialist" to help me with my issue. Called in (don't get me started on the hold times) and was told the tree was out of warranty (which by the way starts on the date of order and delivery). They wanted to "right thing for me" which was we'll do some basic troubleshooting and sorry too bad you didn't get your Christmas tree out a week sooner.

What kind of honest business wouldn't address this kind of issue under warranty? You only get your tree out once a year. It happens that one the third time getting it out of the box it is broken. I've replaced every bulb in all sections and troubleshooted for a few days before calling and then told too bad so sad.

When I first got the tree three years ago the stand was defective. I called and dealt with "specialists" until they finally sent me a new stand. I should have known then that they don't stand by what they sell. Better off going to Lowes or Home Depot - trees there are same caliber and quality of trees but MUCH CHEAPER!

OH YEAH, AND BE CAREFUL OF WHAT THEY CALL A DEAL ON THEIR SITE. IT IS ALL A RIP OFF AND THEIR "SALES" ARE ESSENTIALLY THE SAME ALL YEAR JUST REPACKAGED TO MAKE YOU THINK YOU ARE SAVING A LOT. SHOP THEIR SITE FROM MONTH TO MONTH AND YOU'LL SEE PRICES OF TREES FLUCTUATE DEPENDING ON THE "SALE"!

2016-11-25

POOREST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!

"Purchased a 7' prelit fir last January after Christmas. Didn't open the box, just put it in the attic. I just opened it day after Thanksgiving and, without ever removing it from the box, find that I mistakenly ordered colored lights instead of white. I immediately got on the chat line. I admitted my mistake and ask about returning and exchanging. The answer was NO because it was outside of 30 days after receipt. I ask to speak with a manager and they disconnected me.

I called customer service and spoke with a representative and then with Phillip, a "Member of the Leadership Team". I explained and even offered to pay return shipping. He quoted the "policy" to me and again refused to work with me. He would not transfer me to the person who is able to waive policy. (There is always someone). Their refusal to work with me when I am offering to pay the shipping speaks volumes about this company.

Share Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co.'s store rating

Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. is not a merchant member
Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!