Stores > Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co.

• Balsam Hill Chr

Product & services pricing Rating 4.50/10 4.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.50/10 8.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

Success with Shasta Fir Tree!

"We purchased the Shasta Fir Tree on sale in September from Balsam Hill and we are so glad we got such a steal on a quality tree like this one. The tree arrived in TWO DAYS! : ) The branches on the inside half of the branches create fullness that cover the trunk, and the outer part of the branches have the "True Needle" technology that have all of our guests asking how we got such a great deal for such a realistic tree. After fluffing the branches and turning on the lights, we have decided to leave it up for the rest of the year! Such a beautiful tree that we are excited to spend many future holiday seasons around!"

This review was modified by kellienr88 on October 10 2016 08:27:59 AM

Perfect fire pit

"This fire pit is beautiful and well made, so much nicer that the copper coated ones I've seen online and in stores. We've already had several marshmallow toasting parties, couldn't be happier with it. The cover came separately, my 13 years old put it together in minutes."

This review was modified by caseygreco on October 07 2016 05:23:21 PM

Top notch!

"I first ordered the sample box of branches to help us make our choice.....very helpful. Also loved the fact that they took the cost of sample box and credited it toward our purchase! Delivery came within a week! Can't wait for the holidays to display our beautiful 9 foot pine hurst spruce with clear lights! "

This review was modified by Kimworona on October 07 2016 12:24:26 PM

The Magic of Christmas

"After a home disaster one of the most heartbreaking losses was my Christmas tree. After searching for a replacement I found the Norway Spruce Tree. I worried that it wouldn't provide the homey magical feeling my previous tree had. The tree was delivered in June and I immediately assembled it expecting it wasn't going to meet my expectations. Packaging was obviously done with great care. This tree has the appearance of real tree, full and magnificent!! The Christmas magic has been restored!! "

This review was modified by TButler198 on October 06 2016 06:21:01 PM

Great tree - nice size

"Ordered one of the thinner trees since we have limited space for the tree and it is perfect in size. Looks good, too."

"Purchased two identical Christmas Trees one with clear lights the other multi color.
They both met expectations. However, we ordered a wreath that looked really nice on line, but when it arrived we were disappointed in the plastic material it was made with. For the price $80.00 +, we expected more realistic foliage similar to the trees. To return, Balsam Hill has a $25.00 restocking charge . I think that's unethical as the Internet portrays something totally different thanote what we received . I think you should be able review in person and return without penalaty. After all it is a stock item not custom made.

This review was modified by Sascom on January 01 2016 01:14:39 PM

"I placed an order for garland and a 9 ft Silverado Slim Flip Tree™ all of which was in stock. I wanted to receive this order quickly so paid the 2 day fedex charge. I received an email with confirmation numbers and the 3 garlands arrived as ordered but no tree. When I called customer service about this they apologized and said there must have been a mistake in the ware house. They could see the tree had been pulled but not shipped. They would waive my 2 day shipping and get the tree to me with expedited shipping and that it would arrive by Saturday. Today, Friday I again called because I had not received any shipping info and am told that my shipment will not arrive until Saturday. I was told that was because the shippers were backed up with the holiday and I pointed out it should have shipped as ordered. "

This review was modified by suzybr on December 11 2015 02:08:17 PM

"I ordered this tree and I am completely satisfied. It is a good size for a person that wants a tree but not a big tall tree. It sits beautifully on a table, with a rotating stand, by my front door. Now to the tree itself. All artificial trees require a little work spreading out the branches. The nice thing about spreading them out is the way you want them to look. Some of the reviews say you can see the trunk of the tree and they don't like that. I do for the simple reason while the tree is turning lights shine through the tree and it gives the effect of more lights. Also, here's a tip for those who don't like the trunk to show: I put shiny bows in several places up and down the trunk and the lights makes the bows shine and the tree sparkle more. Been doing this for years. Also my tree arrived five days earlier than the scheduled date. One light was broken but extra light bulbs were shipped with the tree so I had no problem replacing the broken bulb for a good bulb. If a broken light bulb or the trunk of the tree shows in places, I'd say I have it made if that's my biggest problem in today's world. Nothing is perfect, including a Christmas tree."

This review was modified by moravski on December 04 2015 07:48:26 PM

**updated*** Customer Service ended up coming through for me.

After I posted a facebook review, Balsam Hill finally had someone who knew what customer service was about contact me. I received my tree within 6 days and the called me each day plus gave me 15% off. The tree is a 5/5 star tree and worth every penny. I would order again in hopes that next season they have their customer service issues worked out.

I ordered a Christmas tree on 11/21 with notice that it was in stock and would be delivered in 3-5 business days. 10 days later no tree, no email from Balsam Hill. I contacted their customer service dept. and was told it was on back order and it was unknown when it would be delivered and that I could NOT cancel the order and have my $1,934 refunded so I could buy a new tree somewhere else. The rep said they would talk to the "warehouse" the next morning and would call me back the next day. No call back occurred. I waited 2 days and contacted them. I was told I would not get my tree, they would cancel the order. I tried to negotiate getting the tree at that price after the holiday's when it was back in stock (with a discount for my troubles). They would do nothing for me. This is Christmas time folks - I have a party tomorrow and NO tree. There is no margin for error in a holiday business. At least have a system when back-ordered the customer is notified. Beyond terrible customer service. Amazon should drop them as a retailer if they cannot manage online orders effectively or at least do right by the customer.

This review was modified by zimmermanandrea on February 03 2016 05:29:00 PM

"We purchased a 9ft Frasier Fur in 2011 this is our fifth year for using it and this is where the trouble begins. The lights begin to go, not just one but entire strands. Now this is a very difficult thing to fix. To test each light is very time consuming and they do not come out easy at all. Then to buy 2 strands of lights with 100 lights on each was going to cost 175.00. They also no longer make the master bulbsfor this tree. We stored our tree properly with air-conditioning in summer and heat in the winter. I guess we were not expecting this at all. Now we can still use the tree because we had some matching lights in the house which helped but we could not take off the broken strands. Our concern was what it would do to the ones that worked. The tree was beautiful for the first four years but we expected it to last longer. The representative from the company told me it was difficult to correct the tree light problem but with there sale I could buy a new one for just a little over 100 more than I paid for the first one. So does that mean that this tree cost me 150.00 each year for 5 years then I need to start all over again. I was hoping to get more out of this tree. I guess that is how it works but I was disappointed I was hoping for maybe 10 years not 5. Then I would be ready to buy a new one."

This review was modified by chukkiecheez on December 04 2015 06:14:45 AM

"This is our first purchase from Balsam Hill, and we are so glad we decided to purchase. We just moved into a new home after years of not having a tree at all, and decided it was time to purchase from Balsam Hill. Within 3 days of ordering our Vermont White Spruce Narrow tree, it arrived in perfect condition to our home. It is perfect for our family and our home. We wanted a tree that would fit easily in a corner of our living room, yet needed a lot of sturdy branches for hanging all of our favorite ornaments, so the 6’5” narrow was a great choice. We’re also so excited about Color + Clear functionality of the lights—we can switch between having sophisticated clear lights, fun colorful lights, or both to please the crowds! The tree really makes a great conversation piece to tie together our new home, and we will recommend to all our friends!"

This review was modified by EllieG2015 on November 24 2015 04:28:50 PM

"Inferior product, deceptive practices, terrible customer service. Do not buy from them. They are reactive versus proactive to resolve issues apparently hoping the client will go away. They send form letters and refuse to do the right thing, conveniently waiting for the products to go out of warranty. "

"Was so excited these guys had a Groupon; I've been eyeing the lovely wreaths for a long time, but didn't want to pay full price in case I didn't love it. I love Christmas, and wreaths, and lights and everything about decorating for Christmas. Everything on their site looks so well put together a beautiful. So I put an order in for the Groupon and bought one of the wreaths. It came rather quickly, which was exciting. Until I opened the box. The hunk of junk that came out of that box was not worth the $40 it was listed it on their site, the $31 sale price, or even the $25 I spent on the Groupon. Poorly constructed, frayed, thin, poorly lit... you name it, it was wrong with this wreath. I am highly disappointed, and will never be buying anything from Balsam Hill again. The so called realist, "True Needle" technology is awful. It looks like a cheap wreath from anywhere else. So I contacted customer service and they sent me a new one for free; they claim the 2015 model is way better than the 2014 model. I hope they are correct; I really hate the first one. The company responded quickly and were super nice about the whole thing. Changed my rating to reflect the new situation."

This review was modified by minainblue on November 18 2015 12:36:19 PM

"My wife wanted a Balsam Tree. Suppose to be the best most realistic. I thought OK. Got the tree opened the box to test the lights. Lights were unhooked from branches and the middle section a strand of lights that do not work. Called on the 10/26/2015. The Customer service lady (Jana or shana) was pleasant. Told her my issues and she had to speak with a supervisor on what to do. She came back and said they would send out a middle section and I should receive in 3 - 5 business days. Did not receive replacement. I contacted them again spoke with James 11/02/2015. Very nice and pleasant. He said that the part was processed 10/29/2015 and shipped 10/30/2015. He said to call if I had not received by the end of the week. 11/06/2015 Friday no replacement. I contacted them again 11/06/2015 9:53 am. Spoke with Shana. Again very nice. I am now very frustrated and apologized for taking it out on her somewhat. After a very lengthy time she came back and said the part is being processed. So I said I have been LIED TO TWICE.she tried to be nice and apologize. I told her she may be the only one telling me the truth. She then tried to say that she will see what she can do to get this to me. I told her I just want to send back the tree at NO COST but I don't believe they will do that. She went and talked to a Supervisor then came back and said actually that part is not available anymore. She then said she will email me a return label ASAP. Its been now over an hour and nothing. I will contact them one more time and then I will contact my Credit card Company and open a dispute and have them charged back. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY. They will lie to you and do NOTHING. Go buy a tree from some place local that you can take back if does not work. Also, even if you buy a Balsam Hill and it works. You will find that you cannot test a light bulb with a standard Light tester. They have a special socket that will no fit in a standard tester. So, to test a bulb you will have to take out a non-lit bulb and replace it with a good one to see if it is bad. So you better have a lot of time and bulbs.

Here is an update. They sent my wife an email to print off a FED EX shipping label. I went to print it off and it will not print the barcodes. I contacted Fed Ex and they refused to help eventhough it came from them. They said it was sent from Balsam Hill. However, my wife called to to say that a box arrived from Fed Ex. It was from Balsam Hill. When she opened it up we find it is the middle section that they said they were sending and then told me it was never processed and parts are not available. She plugged it in and it seems to work.

I don't know what to think about this company. But it appears that nobody knows what anyone else is doing. So everything I have posted is true fact so you be the judge as for the rating I will change from a one to a two. It shouldn't be this difficult and I shouldn't have to waste so much time if people knew what others have done.

November 11, 2015
Balsam has contacted us by email and has acknowledged that they/their customer service really dropped the ball. They have now done everything they should have and are handling the situation as the Quality Company they stand for. With that said I will recommend this company to everyone. It is true that you don't know if a company has good customer service until you have problem.

Balsam Hill has done a great job in rectifying our situation.

This review was modified by jmcbride1 on November 13 2015 07:22:01 AM

"My husband and I are moving into our new house next week and I had an itch to buy some new decorations. I have never purchased from Balsam Hill before, but I found a couple of tabletop trees that would be perfect accents to our new place.

The delivery was quick, the packaging was great (so no dings or dents), and most of all the trees are adorable and very well made! These will look great as accent pieces in our house, and I can't wait until next week to take them out of the boxes and use them at the new place!

Share Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co.'s store rating

Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. is not a merchant member
Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!