"I placed an order for 3 backdrops. It said on the website that it could take 2-3 weeks for production. At 4 weeks I called and was told they were busy and it could take 6-8 weeks. At 8 weeks I called again to be told the printer was broken and it would be another 2 weeks. I have called 3 times since then and have been told the EXACT same thing (printer broke, backed up, 2 more weeks). I am now at 13 WEEKS!!!! and still NOTHING!!!! I called again today and they told me AGAIN another 2-3 weeks. I have customers waiting for these backdrops and was hoping to order more for Christmas and after that when I expand and set up my own studio (I work out of my home now) but after this I don't think I will ever order from them again and tell every photographer I know to do the same. I know things take time but 4 months is just terrible.

Today (Aug 7, 2012) I received a call from Erik Gupta, manager at Backdrop Outlet. He was very nice and understanding and upgraded me to different materials to ship out ASAP. I accepted 2 titanium cloths (which I was previously offered with additional charges) and one different type of floor with a non slip back (my main concern about this backdrop is that I plan to use it mostly as a floor with children and didn't want it to slip or bunch). He also said that he would keep the others in production so that if I do not like what I switched it out for I can return them and still get the candysticks I had originally ordered. I am still a little upset that it took so long for this situation to be resolved but I am happy that they did try to help in every way possible once they did get back to me. It was also nice to hear that they plan to discontinue the candysticks (type of backdrop I ordered) and replace it with something else because of the problems getting them to customers in a timely manner. All in all, I do really like their products and am willing to try these new backdrops out. Who knows, maybe I will love them and want more. :) I will update again in a few days after testing them out.......

I used one of the new backdrops in two shoots this past weekend (9/7/13). So far I am liking it a lot. It is wrinkle free, easy to pack up and set up, and there is no glare or reflection. The downside it that it is not very wide (kids move quickly and adults must be centered perfectly) and that it MUST be clamped down (whether to the stand or to a base board) so that it does not move and so the spot where it meets the floor is straight. I also don't like the artist signature in the corner. I understand they want credit but it is very large and distracting in the images. I had to retouch it out of a lot of images. Overall, I am pleased and am looking forward to ordering more in the future as I do really like how they photograph and how little space they take up.

modified review This review was modified by Kity821 on September 09 2013 02:15:57 PM

"Ordered my wife some camera equipment from them and she loved it. I shopped around for prices for awhile and found them being by far the cheapest. I chose the Ground shipping and expected it to come very slow but they upgraded my shipping to priority for free. I also ordered her one of those camera lens cup where it looks like lens but it's actually a cup lol. Cost me $14 and my wife loved it she couldn't stop laughing! She was more excited by that then the items I spent over a $100 on:) but she needed those items so she definitely liked those too.

Overall I enjoyed my experience and will again order some stuff for my wife again (most likely when I am in the dog house haha)

"It has been over 5 weeks since I placed my order. I have called twice and emailed with no help! I called today to cancelled my order. They said it would take 3 to 5 business days to get my refund. I also requested to get an email stating this and Ronnie told me this would happen in about 24 to 48 hours. We shall see! I will not be back. :(

Update: I did get a call from Erik and he offered a solution but I chose just to get my refund. Erik was very nice and helpful. I was also offered a $50 gift card to change my rating but I only changed my star rating on the refund service.

modified review This review was modified by kstanley2006 on September 21 2013 07:32:40 AM

"Placed my first order through them and it was good experience.I first thought that the prices seamed very high but then when I shopped around I realized wow these prices are actually amazing! I have to admit it did take about 3 weeks before my item was delivered but when you individually make each backdrop for every customer that is expected.

I just opened my studio and placed my first order the props were good quality and the price was great!! I will defiantly be coming back again. I hope I can get some customers to use these great items

"Had a delay with the order but the Product Manager Mr Gupta handled the situation with enthusiasm and thus happy customer."

"Order Diamond Cloth and absolutely love it. I needed some solid color backdrops and found this company by just searching on google. I ended up ordering Diamond Cloth in 3 colors and they are great. I ordered these and had them within about a week which was great because I choose the cheapest shipping available. When they came in I wasn't sure they were going to work out for because they were folded in these tiny little bags so I thought they might be badly wrinkled but when I got it out of the bag and hung them up they were wrinkle free and I was shooting with them in minutes. I love this product and can't wait to try more thanks so much!."

"After a delay in the production/shipping process, Erik from Backdrop Outlets went above and beyond to help us out. He was able to upgrade our order, provide faster shipping, and offered a $25 gift card for our troubles.

Overall we've had a great experience with the Backdrop Outlet team... looking forward to receiving our new backdrops soon.

"I have been a Professional Photographer since 1989 and have seen a lot of photography related business come and go but Backdrop Outlet has been a rock in this industry. I have been using the for over 20 years going back to there days in Chicago.

I recently ordered from them there new Titanium Cloth because I have primarily been a Muslin user but I hated the wrinkles and on there site i saw it claimed it was "Wrinkle Free" to be honest I was quite skeptical of this. When I picked from there excessively large selection I ended up going with the 8x8 size because I wanted the width and height enough to shoot a full grown adult. I placed this order on a Monday and got a shipping confirmation 2 days later on that Wed which was very fast! Normally in the Backdrop industry it takes some time to produce your piece.

When the order was delivered I was pleasantly surprised how great this material was! It is pretty much entirely Wrinkle Free and the printing on it was perfect. I love this backdrop, now if I can get some clients to shoot this on it will be even better :). Overall I enjoy dealing with this company!

modified review This review was modified by Wineo2678 on May 02 2013 11:22:08 AM

"I started shopping here back when I started my business back 2011 and haven't looked back since. While my business grew I have continued to shop with Backdrop Outlet for all my studios needs and they have always delivered and been very honest about everything. There sale prices let me keep my shoots and scenes at reasonable prices so I can keep a leg up on my competition. I have ordered so many of there different products you would think my garage studio is a Backdrop Outlet showroom LOL! I like shopping here and will continue to for the all my business needs."

"Thanks so much Backdrop Outlet for taking care of your customers and helping my business succeed. I will only order from the Backdrop Outlet as long as they are in business, I have seen smaller backdrop companies popping up everywhere, and they don't have the same feel as I get from the Backdrop Outlet. Their selection was endless. awesome designs, tons of color and pattern choices, and the employees were so helpful and patient. They are 100% my new go-to and i plan on sending everyone else their way!! I have to say that I LOVE the backdrop outlet! The customer service there is AMAZING! Every time I call to order a background, I am greeted by a very kind receptionist, and a very "willing to help" customer service center! I have to say this is THE ONLY BACKDROP SUPPLIER I DO NOT HAVE A COMPLAINT ABOUT! I have two full service studios located in California and North Carolina, shipping has always been on time as promised, and the quality of the Backdrop Outlet's products CAN NOT BE BEAT! I am a Happy Photographer, with Happy Clients who love there images, because of the creative backgrounds that the Backdrop outlet carries. I have a very high volume customer base and have been so excited to work with this company since I always have a need by date. "

"I have ordered about 6 times from Backdrop Outlet, and I started my Photography business back in 2011. Back then I had a vey small budget for props and studio accessories luckily I found Backdrop Outlet and they have great products at low prices. I have a hard time on daily basis resisting there email offers but for the good of my marriage and my checking account I resist LOL.. Overall though I love ordering here and always have great experiences. I have about 6 of there Titanium Cloths which I LOVE!!!! and a bunch of there props. One tip of advice though that I learned the hard way was that the props are seasonal and only offered for a limited time so when you see a prop you like ORDER IT because there is a chance you will never see it again. I also love there rompers and they are one size fit all but I wish they came in size but the colors are so cute and $12 is such a great price for the them. I also use there Facebook page all the time because when I shoot a cute image I upload it up there and if they decide to use the image on there site you get a store credit:) My last order was entirely store credit which freaking ROCKS!! Overall as you can tell I enjoy Backdrop Outlet and there items. "

"What a horrible experience this place has been. I called and spoke to someone who told me that it took three days after my order to make and ship my item. 2 weeks later they finally shipped it, however I canceled a second order because they were taking so long. It's been close to a month later and I still don't have the charge credited on my card. AVOID this place like the plague!"

"DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH BACKDROP OUTLET! I ORDERED OVER $100 WORTH OF BACKGROUNDS FROM THEM IN AUGUST, NEVER RECEIVED IT. EMAILED THEM IN OCTOBER AND THEY SAID THAT THEY WILL SEND MY REQUEST FOR A REFUND TO ACCOUNTING. IT IS NOW DECEMBER AND I HAD SEND ANOTHER EMAIL IN NOVEMBER! AND NEVER GOT A RESPONSE!!!"

"Backdrop outlet is great I have ordered 3 times from they and always have good expierences . My most recent order which I just received today I got on Wed and just placed the the order Sunday night. Which is great because I only choose standard shipping.

As for quailty, I have ordered a wide variety of there backdrops and have always been happy with it because the amount you get for what you spend is impressive. I had a popped stick on one of my diamond cloths and they were quick to fix the issue.

In closing I really enjoy there products and will recommend them to others. Thanks backdrop.

"I get the daily special emails and, of courses, the prices are great for their sales. However the shipping charges are RIDULOUS! I placed an order on 10/12... It's now 11/11 and I have yet to receive my shipment after paying over $29 in shipping! I contacted customer service several times with no response. It wasn't until I threaded to report them to the attorney general that I got an email from a customer service rep saying my order shipped two days prior. My order status still to this day says 'in process' and I have not gotten my items. I have not been able to reach them once again. I beg you.... Shop elsewhere from a company who is more reputable! Horrible experience!"

Backdrop Outlet is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Backdrop Outlet is not a merchant member
Backdrop Outlet does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!