• Address: 420 Ninth Ave (at 34th St).
    • Contact: ord-status@bhphotovideo.com.
    • Phone: 800-294-9336 / 212-502-62
    • Customer Support: 212-502-6237
    • Business Hours: Sunday: 10:00am-6:00pm. Monday through Thursday: 9:00am-7:00pm. Friday: 9:00am-2:00pm DST or -1:00pm
    • Fax: 212-239-7770

• checkmark icon COD

Product & services pricing Rating 5.39/10 5.39/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.61/10 4.61/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.61/10 3.61/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"So far B&H has done everything right. Their shipping is very quick (without charging any rush or expediting fees) and my items have been packaged extremely well!

Customer service is always good and returns are easy. B&H has offered me free return shipping twice on computer items that failed or stopped working.

Highly recommend them for your computer parts or gear.

"I've been a loyal customer of B&H for over a decade and a half and have been consistently happy with their operations for fulfilling an order and their customer service.

Recently B&H started a daily promotion of a specific discounted item known as "Deal Zone." It's essentially B&H's version of Amazon's "Lightning Deals."

On 01/16/2015 they offered Petrol's Deca Camera and Accessories Bag B&H # PEPA1000 MFR # PA1000 at a deeply discounted price.

The bag's original price was $329.00. with the Deal Zone promotion, it was selling for $89.00. The amount saved with this offer was $240.00.

The deal started at 12:00am Friday morning and was sold out by approximately 5:30-6:00. I felt confident that I secured my purchase as my order was placed an hour into the promotion.

Come Monday I receive an email from Moshe Hofman stating that my order has been cancelled. Below is the message:

"You placed a backorder recently for the PETROL CAMERA & ACCESSORY BAG w/WHEELS/TROLLY. Unfortunately, the manufacturer has informed us that this item is discontinued. As we are unable to fulfill this part of your order at this time, we have canceled this item off your order. Your credit card was not charged for this transaction, and no refund will be necessary.

We apologize for your inconvenience, and we thank you for your continued patronage.

Our Sales Department is standing by to serve you with all your product needs, including a possible replacement for your order. Please contact them by emailing sales@bhphoto.com, calling 1.800.606.6969, or Live Chat at www.bhphotovideo.com.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Customer Service Department
B&H Photo, Video and Pro Audio
1.800.221.5743

My credit card was charged. It was later refunded. Lie number one.

The action that made me the most upset was that they were selling an item that was not in stock. One would figure that a company as big as B&H would have the systems in play that could handle a surge of orders when they're offering such a deep discount.

Regardless of whether it was an error on the Manufacturers part or the vendor, the professional action would have been to offer customers who's orders weren't fulfilled a comprable model or the model that is to replace the discontinued stock.

B&H did not live up to their pledge which states:

"B&H Photo strives continually to give you unbiased, honest, and accurate information to help you make the right decision when purchasing from us."

Like the old adage goes, "if something seems too good to be true, it probably is."

modified review This review was modified by Chiaroscuro on January 20 2015 02:26:00 PM

"I'm impressed with B&H. I have mostly bought computer components from them. Their prices are usually the lowest, and shipping is really quick. So in spite of the name, they are one the best sources of computer gear."

"Best prices around. Always great deals and fast shipping. "

"I've made several purchases from B&H Photo, but I'm done. My last item purchased was advertised with a typo on their end. I purchased it. When it arrived, it was not the item advertised. I had to pay for return shipping. I left a negative feedback for the item being sold as it was not per the description. They filtered my review out of the item feedback, which is inherently deceptive. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1047130-REG/ooma_ooma_telo_2_ooma_free_voip_home.html

Knowing they filter negative reviews, I can't trust them or their website any longer.

"I bought TurboTax Home and Professional 2014 from them. I bought the Mac version instead of the Windows version. It was my mistake. I think the Mac vs. Windows versions could be more clearly marked. But I take responsibility for the mistake.

But BHPhotoVideo told me, you have to rebuy the Windows version. You cannot swap the Mac for PC, even though you have not installed it. There's nothing we can do.

I went to TurboTax (or the Intuit company), explained I bought the wrong version from this BHPhotoVideo. They said, no problem, we will exchange it for you. No problems. No questions. They didn't have to escellate it to a higher tier support. Didn't have to ask a manager. He acted like this happens every day--and it probably does.

I think any kind of return request gets an automatic denial at BHPhotoVideo. Here, they could have sent me to the manufacturer (Intuit/TurboTax) and said TurboTax will exchange it for you.

But telling me to just rebuy the software, when another option is clearly available from Intuit seems either dishonest, or that all return/exchange requests are automatically declined.

Even stranger, I'm not sure BHPhotoVideo even believed me when I told them Intuit/TurboTax swapped the Windows version for the Mac version. I have the chat logs...

But that's the difference between good customer service (Intuit/TurboTax) and terrible customer service (BHPHotoVideo)

modified review This review was modified by josh-29161 on January 07 2015 02:16:57 PM

"Thank you thank you thank you "

"They're always great! They have great prices and ship fast. Is that enough comment to submit this thing?"

"We ordered some products from them as a small but growing company and really needed them to deliver. They did not nor did they try to rush the product to us. We ordered the product on Dec 18 and we won't receive it now until after the new year! Their delivery and customer service levels are well below other retailers and our business with them is done. We cannot afford that type of substandard customer care or lack of service.

I would really think about using this company since there are much better companies for a majority of their products.

modified review This review was modified by nerotn1 on December 30 2014 01:12:20 PM

"It's really simple, if you have excellent customer service you build customer loyalty and customers choose you above competitors-especially when dealing with expensive electronics. If that customer service erodes, even if the prices are low, so does customer loyalty and the customer chooses to do his business elsewhere. It's a shame that what was once a brilliant company with consistently excellent customer service has eroded to the level of inconsistent, occasionally subpar service you wouldn't dream of rewarding. B&H is still a fair company,several pegs down its once "great" status, just be aware the customer service is no longer stellar to say the least. "

modified review This review was modified by haylight on December 29 2014 09:52:33 AM

"I ordered a Nikon D750 body from B&H and received it the next day as promised with free shipping. B&H is an authorized Nikon dealer so the pricing is generally not heavily discounted. HOWEVER, you get a product with a warranty and in the case of Nikon that will be serviced by the manufacturer. This in contrast to some "gray market" cameras which will save you a bundle but come with now manufacturer warranty. I've also ordered lenses and other products from B&H with zero issues. Again, for the record, B&H IS DEFINITELY NOT A DISCOUNT STORE! Shop elsewhere for getting stuff on the cheap."

modified review This review was modified by whmitty on December 27 2014 09:15:07 AM

"I purchased a Chromebook back in November 28th. The estimated time for them to ship was 7-14 business days. I got curious about the seller reputation, so I've researched it online and found a few forums like redgflag and Google+ threads from people that purchased the same item the same day as I did, they mentioned that they contacted B&H and were told that they wouldn't receive the products until January 20th. I contacted B&H myself and I was told that they were expecting to receive it December 19th and they would ship it to me right away. Unfortunately I was contacted that day to let me know that they don't expect to receive the product until 'at least' January 20th, so the online forums were right. Customer Service lied to me, the item will not ship for at least another month if they receive the product, which they can not guarantee. For now they already have my money as I'm an international buyer. Ridiculous!"

modified review This review was modified by alaluf on December 23 2014 10:16:53 AM

"Hi all,

I am in shock but not in finding a past trusted store to be rated so low.

Want to know why they are all so awful?

They arent hiring nor training many people who care about both products AND service.

Like many other vendors who were once princes in online retail, B & H Photo now becomes yet another to avoid until they acknowledge infrastructure problems and work to resolve their obvious lack of care.

I have used B & H many times in the past, now seeing that they now think it's OK to treat customers like they do at Best Buy, well, it's really not.

Retail hates customers, won't produce the best, won't demand better from THEIR vendors, so in the vernacular of the ,'puter world, major cascade failure.

Time for employers to realize their businesses are in the hands of some very willfully ignorant and mean people.

"Their customer service is BAD, I've never experienced anything like it. I never received the item that they "sent" and they have made it very clear that they are not going to refund my money. I held up my end of the bargain by paying for the product, but they have come up short on their end. B&H stole my money."

modified review This review was modified by therealslimshady on December 10 2014 09:52:22 PM

"I order Apple Mac book pro 15" laptop. Retail was 1999.99. They add for $1699.99. I wanted immediately for my doughter as her laptop stop working. I call them and order them, they said they do have in stock and will ship today itself. After 5 days I call that we havent got the laptop they said sorry we dint have in stock and will ship after five more days. I told why you guys lie when I order. No ans only sorry. I cancelled and bought from bestbuy, they did match price and was so easy.
Please dont believe this store. They are crook people. I told I will right bad review as you guys lia. They dint care.

modified review This review was modified by Pinkithakkar on December 08 2014 05:55:50 PM

B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio is not a merchant member
B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!