Stores > B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio

• B&H Photo-Video

• Address: 420 Ninth Ave (at 34th St).
    • Contact: ord-status@bhphotovideo.com.
    • Phone: 800-294-9336 / 212-502-62
    • Customer Support: 212-502-6237
    • Business Hours: Sunday: 10:00am-6:00pm. Monday through Thursday: 9:00am-7:00pm. Friday: 9:00am-2:00pm DST or -1:00pm
    • Fax: 212-239-7770

• checkmark icon COD

Product & services pricing Rating 6.50/10 6.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.17/10 6.17/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.75/10 6.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.50/10 4.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"I bought a GoPro on sale last week. Arrived with $40 worth of B&H gift cards - a very nice surprise."

This review was modified by mets15884 on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

"I have been purchasing from BH for over 10 years and have never had a problem. When I read the reviews on this site it's like 40% of the reviews are for a different vendor. BH is a first class place in every respect. They have always been professional and honest with me. Plus I would never purchase a cell phone online from any other place than BH. If I was pressed to convey anything negative, it would be about their religious holidays - which I think to be excessive. One last thing - No one asked me to write this, or any other review."

"Bought a brand new unlocked Samsung Galaxy Edge S6 phone for U$ 871 dollars.

Unfortunately the phone has a cracked screen that SAMSUNG USA does not fix it.

BH is an authorized Samsung Re-seller ... but buyers are not explicitly informed that you cannot have your device fixed even if you pay for.

"I've been ordering from B and H online for a while, and always had a good experience. Once in a while when an issue came up their customer service was helpful and friendly.

I went into their superstore for the first time last week and wow! It's an amazing place. They have all the gear on display, and I was even able to test out a microphone I was considering in their studio. Overall very impressed.

"Recently sold my Nikon 70-200 f/4 lens to b&h. The process was fairly easy. I was offered either cash or store credit, and appreciated the fact that they didn't undercut me by offering less cash than store credit - both options were for the same amount.
I wish they had offered me more for the lens, but it was still worth it over the hassle with ebay and all their fees and risks.

"I ordered DxO OpticsPro 10 Elite Edition 0n 10/12/2015, a B&H dealzone deal for that day. I sued paypal to purchase, the payment went through and was sent to B&H however no order was recorded at B&H according to them the card declined, it wasn't a card it was paypal. Called B&H support the next day the "customer service rep was very un helpful and assured me the charge did not go through with them and would not be charged....but it was. Had to file a unknown or fraudulent claim to get it back. Contacted custumer support several times to see how I could get the item at the price advertised, had all the proof of the order and payment...just kept giving me canned responses no help. Glad I didn't order anything really expensive from them, I have considered them before for lenses and camera bodies. I am never going to order anything else form them again and I love my cameras, to bad for B&H "

"Initially, I had a very frustrating experience with B&H photo, concerning a cancelled camera order from the used department. However, once I expressed my frustration via reviews, B&H was very helpful in quickly returning my money to me and shipping me a replacement as soon as it came in. Soon thereafter, I ordered a pair of headphones that arrived very promptly and in great condition. I would definitely give five stars for that order. I just recently ordered a lens, and I hope everything goes well with that. B&H is my most trusted site in terms of the products it offers and the descriptions and reviews I can find on its site. Overall I think B&H has good service. However, I am still a bit skeptical when buying from the used department because of limited quantity and the possibility of multiple people ordering an item.

***Modified (and adding a star): Just picked up the lens from the B&H superstore and was very impressed with the expediency and professionalism of the process. There were many people working in the store who were able to help me point me to the place to pick up the order. Once I got in line, the line went fairly quickly, and it did not take long for one of the workers to find my order. I ordered a used item and this time experienced no issues at all.

This review was modified by puma_athletic007 on September 14 2015 11:10:57 PM

"Over the years, I have spent many thousands of dollars with B and H without any problem. Recently, I purchased an a7r ii. A good camera but decided to return it. In the past, I had returned other less expensive items without difficulty. I felt fairly safe. I was careful to inspect it before shipping. It was in its original condition. I placed it in its original box with associated original parts. Shipped it box in box. The refused to accept the return. They claim the camera was "dented". I was shocked. I offered the idea that it was damaged when unboxed for inspection. They refused to entertain this idea. So now I own a dented Sony a7r ii. They are SO big that losing your business doesn't matter to them. In my opinion, they are NOT REPUTABLE. IF YOU SPEND LARGE SUMS OF MONEY WITH B&H THEN FORGET THE 30 DAY RETURN POLICY. "

"I would like to warn people about my experience with B&H Photo. I made an international purchase and purchased a Slim keyboard for the Dell Venue Pro and they sent me the box with a different product inside. Inside the box they sent was a Dell travel keyboard which was also faulty, it did not charge. The box was 2nd hand and looked like it had been returned before as the seals were not stuck down and had stuff/dirt on them and they were not even sticky. It cost me $52 to return the thing hoping to get back $94.15.
What a joke of a company, first they change the items in the box to faulty items that are not even new. Then they expect you to pay for return shipping.
If I was a stupid consumer I wouldnt have even known they changed the item in the box. They acted Fraudulently and it has cost me money and wasted my time

This review was modified by scarecrow2012 on August 17 2015 01:19:06 AM

"Excellent Prices and products. One of the products (a set of filters) was on backorder for 1-2 weeks. They told me, after about 2 weeks that it was going to take a month longer because it was directly shipped by the manufacturer. I had to cancell that order. Apart from that, everything is really good."

"I bought a computer monitor and had to call twice to have information on the product. The first time about the included card reader which, I was told, is a USB3 card reader. It is an information that could easily be added to the website description. The second time was once I received the monitor, I called because I did not know how to change the input source, and even though I was calling the right department, they did not have the answer. They gave me the company phone number and I was able to change the input. It was simple just press repeatedly the right button.
Not a big thing, but that prevents me from giving a ***** rating. The shipment was fast and communication courteous.

"I stand corrected on my review which i have included below. B&H reps helped to resolve whatever issues I had with the warranty to my satisfaction. Nikon contacted me and clarified that I have full manufacturer warranty on my purchase. B&H did send me whatever items were missing in the open box listing immediately and I am a happy customer ready to enjoy my new purchase.

thank you for helping me out Matt ..

DO Not buy open item from these guys. There are some shady warranty practices going on. First of all they list the item as open box but sell it as used. There goes your original Nikon warranty even if their website mentions that you have full warranty on open box. If original registration paperwork is missing how do i trust if its even open box an dnot used. Technically open box means product thats used for display and demo. Tried to resolve this with customer service and they are just stalling and stalling and being very vague in their responses. I repeat.. Nikon will not cover anything if its open box or already registered it is considered used. They may be the biggest Nikon dealer in US but this is not acceptable. if you sell something make sure you honor what the listing says. Still discussing this with their customer service rep and might end up returning my D750 if i don't get full manufacturer warranty in writing as the product listing advertised. My issue is that they have gotten away with this in the past i am sure where the consumer is not even aware that he has got no warranty on a so called "new other" item. Lets see how they resolve this and i will update the review accordingly.

This review was modified by skurdekar on August 10 2015 10:18:50 AM

"In short: I ordered a used d750, received confirmation, then found out a day later that they cancelled my order due to a glitch in the system. I called customer service to see if they could send me a replacement item, but though they were friendly, they were no help at all. After doing a bit of online research, I found out that cancellation emails from B&H are common.

I was trying to get this camera as soon as possible from a reputable vendor. However, not only did B&H suddenly cancel my order, but I won't receive a refund for 3-5 days. This means that I won't have enough money to buy the camera from another vendor for that time period. Though I understand that glitches happen, B&H's extremely unhelpful way of dealing with this glitch has made me unwilling to recommend it or financially support it in the future.

This review was modified by MichaelaKM on July 30 2015 09:52:48 AM

SittingElf's Avatar

Florida, USA

"I have purchased thousands of dollars of photo, video, and audio gear from B&H over the last 15 years. They have always been fantastic for pricing and delivery. Never an issue.
I only recently discovered that they also sell shooting optics, and my latest purchase was a rifle scope that B&H had the BEST price anywhere on, and as always, the delivery was quick, and flawless. Always my first choice for product lines they carry. Shalom guys!

"Great product selection plus good service & fast shipping. I couldn't ask for me!"

Share B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio's store rating

B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio is not a merchant member
B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!