• B&H Photo-Video

• Address: 420 Ninth Ave (at 34th St).
    • Contact: ord-status@bhphotovideo.com.
    • Phone: 800-294-9336 / 212-502-62
    • Customer Support: 212-502-6237
    • Business Hours: Sunday: 10:00am-6:00pm. Monday through Thursday: 9:00am-7:00pm. Friday: 9:00am-2:00pm DST or -1:00pm
    • Fax: 212-239-7770

• checkmark icon COD

Product & services pricing Rating 7.35/10 7.35/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.76/10 6.76/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.13/10 8.13/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.32/10 6.32/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10

"I would like to warn people about my experience with B&H Photo. I made an international purchase and purchased a Slim keyboard for the Dell Venue Pro and they sent me the box with a different product inside. Inside the box they sent was a Dell travel keyboard which was also faulty, it did not charge. The box was 2nd hand and looked like it had been returned before as the seals were not stuck down and had stuff/dirt on them and they were not even sticky. It cost me $52 to return the thing hoping to get back $94.15.
What a joke of a company, first they change the items in the box to faulty items that are not even new. Then they expect you to pay for return shipping.
If I was a stupid consumer I wouldnt have even known they changed the item in the box. They acted Fraudulently and it has cost me money and wasted my time

This review was modified by scarecrow2012 on August 17 2015 01:19:06 AM

"Excellent Prices and products. One of the products (a set of filters) was on backorder for 1-2 weeks. They told me, after about 2 weeks that it was going to take a month longer because it was directly shipped by the manufacturer. I had to cancell that order. Apart from that, everything is really good."

"I bought a computer monitor and had to call twice to have information on the product. The first time about the included card reader which, I was told, is a USB3 card reader. It is an information that could easily be added to the website description. The second time was once I received the monitor, I called because I did not know how to change the input source, and even though I was calling the right department, they did not have the answer. They gave me the company phone number and I was able to change the input. It was simple just press repeatedly the right button.
Not a big thing, but that prevents me from giving a ***** rating. The shipment was fast and communication courteous.

"I stand corrected on my review which i have included below. B&H reps helped to resolve whatever issues I had with the warranty to my satisfaction. Nikon contacted me and clarified that I have full manufacturer warranty on my purchase. B&H did send me whatever items were missing in the open box listing immediately and I am a happy customer ready to enjoy my new purchase.

thank you for helping me out Matt ..

***********************************************
DO Not buy open item from these guys. There are some shady warranty practices going on. First of all they list the item as open box but sell it as used. There goes your original Nikon warranty even if their website mentions that you have full warranty on open box. If original registration paperwork is missing how do i trust if its even open box an dnot used. Technically open box means product thats used for display and demo. Tried to resolve this with customer service and they are just stalling and stalling and being very vague in their responses. I repeat.. Nikon will not cover anything if its open box or already registered it is considered used. They may be the biggest Nikon dealer in US but this is not acceptable. if you sell something make sure you honor what the listing says. Still discussing this with their customer service rep and might end up returning my D750 if i don't get full manufacturer warranty in writing as the product listing advertised. My issue is that they have gotten away with this in the past i am sure where the consumer is not even aware that he has got no warranty on a so called "new other" item. Lets see how they resolve this and i will update the review accordingly.
******************************************************

This review was modified by skurdekar on August 10 2015 10:18:50 AM

"In short: I ordered a used d750, received confirmation, then found out a day later that they cancelled my order due to a glitch in the system. I called customer service to see if they could send me a replacement item, but though they were friendly, they were no help at all. After doing a bit of online research, I found out that cancellation emails from B&H are common.

I was trying to get this camera as soon as possible from a reputable vendor. However, not only did B&H suddenly cancel my order, but I won't receive a refund for 3-5 days. This means that I won't have enough money to buy the camera from another vendor for that time period. Though I understand that glitches happen, B&H's extremely unhelpful way of dealing with this glitch has made me unwilling to recommend it or financially support it in the future.

This review was modified by MichaelaKM on July 30 2015 09:52:48 AM

SittingElf's Avatar

Florida, USA

"I have purchased thousands of dollars of photo, video, and audio gear from B&H over the last 15 years. They have always been fantastic for pricing and delivery. Never an issue.
I only recently discovered that they also sell shooting optics, and my latest purchase was a rifle scope that B&H had the BEST price anywhere on, and as always, the delivery was quick, and flawless. Always my first choice for product lines they carry. Shalom guys!

"Great product selection plus good service & fast shipping. I couldn't ask for me!"

"I ordered an item based on an ad B&H displayed while I was on CNN s website. The retail price for the item of $49.98 was crossed out, and the ad said my price was only $10.98. I ordered, but my order was cancelled a day later with the claim from B&H that the price was a mistake. How can you advertise the price, which gets me to your site, then cancel saying we didn't mean to advertise the price? First and last time I order from B&H."

This review was modified by abarton425 on June 18 2015 02:54:00 PM

"I am a professional photographer who over the last 8 years has spent a LOT of money with this store. The product range is outstanding and the pricing is competitive however you need to be aware that if you ever have a problem with a product you have purchased from them they will not be interested in looking after you. The customer service department is only interested is sending you to the manufacturer even if the product is DOA and any attempt to seek support will be met with a multitude of emails citing terms and conditions (which include a 30 day from ORDER not delivery return policy) designed to avoid any form of customer service and support. They will tell you that they care but their actions speak far louder. I strongly recommend that where possible you purchase your products elsewhere."

"ordered a Roku 2 and very pleased with purchase. they have always been a great company to buy from"

"Easy to Order and quick shipment."

"I've ordered a number of items from B & H Photo - the latest being Canon EF 100-400 II lens. Items were always shipped quickly and were as described. I will continue to shop at B & H"

"Ordered with B&H for the first time and found the whole process easy. I received my Samsung EVO SATA III Internal SSD in good order. No complaints. I would use them again."

"Everything delivered on time, as expected, in good shape."

"One of the best online experiences I've ever had. B&H is a first-class operation, and they offer very competitive pricing. I followed up my online purchase with a phone call, and the representative knew that I was in a rush to get the product. He checked my order and personally went out of his way to make sure that it got to me on time. A+ outfit."

This review was modified by sarfdawg on April 16 2015 06:44:28 AM

Share B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio's store rating

B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio is not a merchant member
B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!