• Address: 420 Ninth Ave (at 34th St).
    • Contact: ord-status@bhphotovideo.com.
    • Phone: 800-294-9336 / 212-502-62
    • Customer Support: 212-502-6237
    • Business Hours: Sunday: 10:00am-6:00pm. Monday through Thursday: 9:00am-7:00pm. Friday: 9:00am-2:00pm DST or -1:00pm
    • Fax: 212-239-7770

• checkmark icon COD

Product & services pricing Rating 6.14/10 6.14/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.93/10 4.93/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.71/10 5.71/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.77/10 4.77/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.09/10 4.09/10

"The end of this was far too heated and salty, all from my end, for public consumption, but I don't feel wrong at all for telling B&H exactly how I feel.

I've not worked for B&H for 6 yrs, but did nearly 9. I'd seen a lot inside the company. Once a colleague came to me & asked me to look up an order quote via their system, then showed me a letter...cannot recall how this came to him b/c it wasn't his job, but the letter was a pathetically transparent sob story from a Jewish man claiming to be on food stamps b/c his family had had hard times, and he "needed a small mitzvah in the form of a discount." Guy went on about how he'd only money for ~1970s Nikon stuff f/ his pro photog biz (all the $ the family earned), 'needed' a 170-500mm Sigma lens f/ his business, could not afford the whole price. The quote, for lens alone, (worst way to sell goods as a small business owner being 1 item alone transactions, I attest), don't remember exactly how much but ~-$20-30. Colleague was bemused b/c customer name wasn't in the huge database! As long as the name had a certain characteristic of a protected class that I (Irish name) am not a member, part that bemused (Jewish) colleague enough to show me order quote was 1) the letter seemed a lie 2) anybody on the planet w/o a ______ last name tells a better sob story is not getting a penny off.

I feel B&H simply owed me 3 pieces of inventory that cost them ~$20 to buy, as an act of good faith. They feel that they don't owe me a damn thing. I contend, further, that they would NOT have treated me this way if my last name were different, a specific difference, and I feel that way because of the story I detailed in paragraph #2 above.

not only is the E6 mailer I just received "expired" 12.31.14, u can look up
by my customer # and see I bought some other pcs in spring '14 for a trip to
Italy...I still had 3 rolls of 120 from whatever I'd bought Feb/March of '14
from you, and of course 3 e6 mailers to go with them, but I discarded the 3
mailers in January due to the date they had written upon them. Went on a trip
to California over kids spring break 2wks ago, shot a roll of 120, bought
another e6 mailer for it just now (not wanting to buy 2 more not knowing how
long I had with the new mailer to use it, and I keep the 120 in the freezer
and they always look fine way past their expiry). The e6 120 mailer arrives
with the same printed date since I bought them over a year ago, how dumb I as
to discard the other 3! Your buyer needs to tell the Fuji lab about this or
get new stock. I'm going to send this mailer to Fuji with a copy of the
receipt showing I just bought it, if they'll tell presumably their biggest
customer that their investment has 'expired' then we can move on from
there...but I do feel owed 3 120 e6 mailers if this one is processed in good
faith.

Hello _____ , my name is ()
Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video
and Pro Audio.
Even though the mailers say they have expired Fuji has informed us they are
still good until the end of 2015
Please let us know if you require any further assistance.
Thank you, we appreciate your business.

B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio
E-Mail Customer Service Department

I wish I'd known that when I threw away three of them earlier this year!
I worked at B&H from 2000 to 2009, nobody likes throwing away money but I am a reasonably good customer since leaving B&H...I took the writing in good faith

HELLO, MY NAME IS _____:
THANK YOU FOR CONTACTING THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT AT B&H PHOTO VIDEO AND PRO AUDIO.
I AM SORRY ABOUT THAT! UNFORTUNATELY, AT THIS TIME WE CANNOT OFFER YOU REPLACEMENTS.
PLEASE ACCEPT OUR APOLOGY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY HAVE CAUSED YOU.
PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU REQUIRE ANY FURTHER ASSISTANCE.
_____

tell this up the food chain to (B&H CEO) or whoever will listen
I'VE BEEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER AND BOUGHT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN THE LAST 6YRS AND NEVER RETURNED ANYTHING
and you're too cheap to mail me these 3 mailers b/c I took the writing in good faith
I can absolutely promise u that I will look forever from now to buy from Adorama and not B&H (though they'd probably keep that $20 worth of mailers in their pocket, too)

I own a small business since I left B&H. I have earned over () a year the last 6yrs. In that time I have probably granted $35,000 worth of unjustified refunds to keep my customers happy....I will guess ~$1000 were justified.

And a company with +$1B/yr will not grant what cost them TWENTY DOLLARS to someone who has bought how much since leaving you in 2010, probably $6000 at least?!?

We'll cross paths when you and you alone have the product, and that'll be it from now on, and I will certainly take some time to go tell my story wherever I can.

"Ordered with B&H for the first time and found the whole process easy. I received my Samsung EVO SATA III Internal SSD in good order. No complaints. I would use them again."

"Everything delivered on time, as expected, in good shape."

"One of the best online experiences I've ever had. B&H is a first-class operation, and they offer very competitive pricing. I followed up my online purchase with a phone call, and the representative knew that I was in a rush to get the product. He checked my order and personally went out of his way to make sure that it got to me on time. A+ outfit."

modified review This review was modified by sarfdawg on April 16 2015 06:44:28 AM

"I have been a loyal B&H customer for over 30 years and in the last six months have spent over $3,000 for new camera equipment. I wanted to return one camera body, one week beyond their 30 day, full refund time window in order to purchase another camera body at twice the original cost of the first camera. They offered me a trade allowance of 40% of the purchase price, in spite of the fact that the camera warranty had not been filed and all original packaging material was in absolutely perfect condition.
Net/net, their is no reciprocal loyalty with B&H - it's all about making a buck - customer relations obviously totally unimportant.
I've learned my lesson - sell your gear to KEH in Atlanta and buy from Amazon.

modified review This review was modified by rapiii on April 01 2015 01:06:39 PM

"Bought a TV from B&H on Cyber Monday. FOUR MONTHS LATER the TV has not shipped. They charged me the day I bought it. Hey B&H, Cyber Monday deals are supposed to be for Christmas. Christmas is not in April! They wouldn't offer a comparable model for the same price either as a replacement even 4 months later. Just terrible customer service that made my Christmas TV gift disappear!"

modified review This review was modified by JimBean1 on March 23 2015 06:36:13 PM

"Very reputable. Excellent customer service! Very friendly, easy to get a hold of and backs their products. I had made a mistake and needed a package returned and another one shipped. They immediately shipped the second one and paid the shipping cost and return cost even though the mistake was mine. Lightning fast delivery both times! The product was great at a good price. I would highly recommend this company. "

modified review This review was modified by 624Melinda on March 20 2015 02:25:06 PM

"I ordered a lens from B&H photo, it was late in the day but still before their cutoff time for shipping, I was very pleased when it shipped out on time, and it had a full US warranty. I would shop with B&H photo again!"

modified review This review was modified by sfriedman2015 on March 20 2015 01:05:59 PM

"I have never had a bad experience with this company. Fast shipping, great customer service.

Example: A product I bought dropped $10.99 in price a week after I bought it. I requested a price adjustment via online chat and they immediately issued the refund to my card. It took less than 3 minutes!

"New customer. BandH exceeded my expectations. I definitely will shop BandH again because competitive prices and outstanding customer satisfaction. I also will recommend BandH to friends and family."

modified review This review was modified by GProfessional on March 10 2015 04:19:53 PM

"B&H is the best store that I know of. Period. They have the most knowledgeable sales people and they don't get paid on commission, so they have no incentive to sell the more expensive item. I returned something to them twice with no issues at all. You have to see the actual store as well, it's really one of a kind. "

modified review This review was modified by mendymoscow on March 03 2015 10:56:31 AM

"Everything's good until you need to return. That's where they fail big time. I had a defective TV that was RMA'd. The pick up was scheduled but it was a no-show. Not once, but twice. Everytime I call bhphotovideo, they do not take ownership of the problem and push the issue to the shipping company which is a nightmare to work with. No follow up whatsoever from bhphotovideo. In the meantime, no refunds unless the item gets back to them. I've bought from them in the past but I'm done. Will gladly pay a little more for the stellar customer service from Amazon."

"Timely delivery. Item as expected, worked well. "

"I've purchased several items from B&H in the past three years. The experience has always been well within my expectations. Products are shipped in a timely manner and arrive as described.

I do find your rating system interesting. Currently you rate this merchant at 5+ (it is not a member company) and one of it's competitor's, Adorama, at 9+ (it is a member company).

Yet, your own customer rating history shows B&H with 97.6% four or five star reviews and less than 2% one or two star reviews. Adorama's history on your page shows 94% with four or five stars and almost 5% one and two star reviews.

I consider B&H and Adorama both excellent resources for camera and video equipment.

I do like that you post raw totals, and that you mention merchant "membership status" on your page. I find your raw totals informative, not so much the score you post so prominently by the vendor's name.

modified review This review was modified by RdSan1999 on February 13 2015 08:42:57 AM

"I ordered a camera light at the beginning of December, I never received my item, it's been almost 3months now. They didn't gave me any advices, except to check with my local post office (which I did). And my item has failed to pass the airline security. Since that no news
Never refonde either or give me more advices, all they told me it's to wait, and eventually forget in some point that I ordered an item with them.
I absolutely not recommended this company to order any kind of things.

Share B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio's store rating

B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio is not a merchant member
B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!