"Everything's good until you need to return. That's where they fail big time. I had a defective TV that was RMA'd. The pick up was scheduled but it was a no-show. Not once, but twice. Everytime I call bhphotovideo, they do not take ownership of the problem and push the issue to the shipping company which is a nightmare to work with. No follow up whatsoever from bhphotovideo. In the meantime, no refunds unless the item gets back to them. I've bought from them in the past but I'm done. Will gladly pay a little more for the stellar customer service from Amazon."

"Timely delivery. Item as expected, worked well. "

"I've purchased several items from B&H in the past three years. The experience has always been well within my expectations. Products are shipped in a timely manner and arrive as described.

I do find your rating system interesting. Currently you rate this merchant at 5+ (it is not a member company) and one of it's competitor's, Adorama, at 9+ (it is a member company).

Yet, your own customer rating history shows B&H with 97.6% four or five star reviews and less than 2% one or two star reviews. Adorama's history on your page shows 94% with four or five stars and almost 5% one and two star reviews.

I consider B&H and Adorama both excellent resources for camera and video equipment.

I do like that you post raw totals, and that you mention merchant "membership status" on your page. I find your raw totals informative, not so much the score you post so prominently by the vendor's name.

modified review This review was modified by RdSan1999 on February 13 2015 08:42:57 AM

"I ordered a camera light at the beginning of December, I never received my item, it's been almost 3months now. They didn't gave me any advices, except to check with my local post office (which I did). And my item has failed to pass the airline security. Since that no news
Never refonde either or give me more advices, all they told me it's to wait, and eventually forget in some point that I ordered an item with them.
I absolutely not recommended this company to order any kind of things.

"You get what you purchased.

I purchased two Nikon EN-EL15 Lithium-Ion Batteries. Received the product in less than a week.

The batteries were original certified product from Nikon. I got what i paid for. I'm comfortable purchasing products from B&H; because when I received the product, i got what I ordered.

B&H price is compatible. I just brought a Nikon D750 from NJAccessory.com. I did NOT get what i order. They did a switch and Bate.

B&H Photo is my ONLY online store.

"Great experience(s)! I have no idea what anyone talking about poor customer service is talking about. I have ordered several items from them and have had no problems. I guess since I have had no problems I may not be a reliable source for customer service experiences but from the order to delivery I have not had any issues what so ever. The few times I have contacted them in regards to sales they have been very helpful. "

modified review This review was modified by diamondgraphics on February 04 2015 07:53:49 AM

"very good place to buy good price nice place"

"I ordered a computer which came with Parallel Access 2.0 trial for 6 months.
It never came in the box. They reissued the order which came to my mailbox as just a receipt. No product inside. I called them and they tried to fix it.
We couldn't find it on the receipt. They are resending the product.

modified review This review was modified by mediocorte on February 02 2015 04:35:54 PM

"So far B&H has done everything right. Their shipping is very quick (without charging any rush or expediting fees) and my items have been packaged extremely well!

Customer service is always good and returns are easy. B&H has offered me free return shipping twice on computer items that failed or stopped working.

Highly recommend them for your computer parts or gear.

"I've been a loyal customer of B&H for over a decade and a half and have been consistently happy with their operations for fulfilling an order and their customer service.

Recently B&H started a daily promotion of a specific discounted item known as "Deal Zone." It's essentially B&H's version of Amazon's "Lightning Deals."

On 01/16/2015 they offered Petrol's Deca Camera and Accessories Bag B&H # PEPA1000 MFR # PA1000 at a deeply discounted price.

The bag's original price was $329.00. with the Deal Zone promotion, it was selling for $89.00. The amount saved with this offer was $240.00.

The deal started at 12:00am Friday morning and was sold out by approximately 5:30-6:00. I felt confident that I secured my purchase as my order was placed an hour into the promotion.

Come Monday I receive an email from Moshe Hofman stating that my order has been cancelled. Below is the message:

"You placed a backorder recently for the PETROL CAMERA & ACCESSORY BAG w/WHEELS/TROLLY. Unfortunately, the manufacturer has informed us that this item is discontinued. As we are unable to fulfill this part of your order at this time, we have canceled this item off your order. Your credit card was not charged for this transaction, and no refund will be necessary.

We apologize for your inconvenience, and we thank you for your continued patronage.

Our Sales Department is standing by to serve you with all your product needs, including a possible replacement for your order. Please contact them by emailing sales@bhphoto.com, calling 1.800.606.6969, or Live Chat at www.bhphotovideo.com.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Customer Service Department
B&H Photo, Video and Pro Audio
1.800.221.5743

My credit card was charged. It was later refunded. Lie number one.

The action that made me the most upset was that they were selling an item that was not in stock. One would figure that a company as big as B&H would have the systems in play that could handle a surge of orders when they're offering such a deep discount.

Regardless of whether it was an error on the Manufacturers part or the vendor, the professional action would have been to offer customers who's orders weren't fulfilled a comprable model or the model that is to replace the discontinued stock.

B&H did not live up to their pledge which states:

"B&H Photo strives continually to give you unbiased, honest, and accurate information to help you make the right decision when purchasing from us."

Like the old adage goes, "if something seems too good to be true, it probably is."

modified review This review was modified by Chiaroscuro on January 20 2015 02:26:00 PM

"I'm impressed with B&H. I have mostly bought computer components from them. Their prices are usually the lowest, and shipping is really quick. So in spite of the name, they are one the best sources of computer gear."

"Best prices around. Always great deals and fast shipping. "

"I've made several purchases from B&H Photo, but I'm done. My last item purchased was advertised with a typo on their end. I purchased it. When it arrived, it was not the item advertised. I had to pay for return shipping. I left a negative feedback for the item being sold as it was not per the description. They filtered my review out of the item feedback, which is inherently deceptive. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1047130-REG/ooma_ooma_telo_2_ooma_free_voip_home.html

Knowing they filter negative reviews, I can't trust them or their website any longer.

"I bought TurboTax Home and Professional 2014 from them. I bought the Mac version instead of the Windows version. It was my mistake. I think the Mac vs. Windows versions could be more clearly marked. But I take responsibility for the mistake.

But BHPhotoVideo told me, you have to rebuy the Windows version. You cannot swap the Mac for PC, even though you have not installed it. There's nothing we can do.

I went to TurboTax (or the Intuit company), explained I bought the wrong version from this BHPhotoVideo. They said, no problem, we will exchange it for you. No problems. No questions. They didn't have to escellate it to a higher tier support. Didn't have to ask a manager. He acted like this happens every day--and it probably does.

I think any kind of return request gets an automatic denial at BHPhotoVideo. Here, they could have sent me to the manufacturer (Intuit/TurboTax) and said TurboTax will exchange it for you.

But telling me to just rebuy the software, when another option is clearly available from Intuit seems either dishonest, or that all return/exchange requests are automatically declined.

Even stranger, I'm not sure BHPhotoVideo even believed me when I told them Intuit/TurboTax swapped the Windows version for the Mac version. I have the chat logs...

But that's the difference between good customer service (Intuit/TurboTax) and terrible customer service (BHPHotoVideo)

modified review This review was modified by josh-29161 on January 07 2015 02:16:57 PM

"Thank you thank you thank you "

B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio is not a merchant member
B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!