"I think that this is honestly the worst place you could possibly order from. They simply do not communicate with customers. I ordered a laptop from them. I ended up canceling my order simply because at no time did they let me know if my order was even received (although my credit card company listed the charge as pending). Do not order from them, a bad experience that resulted in me waiting a few more weeks for my school laptop. "

"I ordered a Serial-ATA (SATA-150) 160-GB Seagate drive (part # ST3166023AS) from BuyMicro on 6/17/2003. On 6/18/2003 I checked the order status on their website (buymicro.com) and saw that the ordered part was changed to an ATA-100 160-GB Seagate drive (part # ST3166023A - not trailing S!). I immediately sent an order cancellation by email AND by fax.
Buymicro still shipped the (wrong) drive on 6/19/03, and charged my credit card $179.92.
I emailed the company about this and got the advice to bounce the shipment, which I did. The package tracking showed that the package had indeed be return-delivered to sender. But credit did not appear.
After several emails that only generated a response like "we'll check if we received the return package", I asked my credit card company to reverse the charge.
On September 5, 2003 a return charge was received for $131.02, which is $48.90 (27%) less than what was charged originally, while the ENTIRE shipment was returned.
As the return was caused by Buymicro sending a part that I did NOT order, shipped a day after I cancelled the order both through email and through fax, I should have received a full refund.
Sent complaint to BBB, and they contacted BuyMicro but never received any response (BuyMicro is listed "in bad standing" at BBB).
Have now filed a complaint with Attorney General of California.

"On Aug 8 2003 I sent a USPOSTAL Money Order to Luis Chavez Buymicro Accounting Dept. 1355 W 190th St. Gardena ca. After numerous emails stating that I had not received a reply to my emails or phone calls to 310-765-4951 I have not received any proof of shipment. I ordered a projection bulb and have not heard anything after an email in which he said that " I will search my mail ASAP" ,I would like to know if any other compainants have been able to reach buymicro's main office and not some agent, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. Very dissatisfied, Clyde A. Smith cas487@msn.com. "

modified review This review was modified by cas1923 on August 30 2003 05:56:27 AM

"Ordered 50 256 memory stick and paid for overnight shipment. It has been a week I have not received the items. I called and left messages not call back for two days. Emailed got no replied. My project is in jeopardy. "

"AWFUL COMPANY! Stay away, far, far away. I could never get anything from them.

My first order - had to cancel it because we never heard from them and needed the product so we purchased elsewhere.

Tried again after they contacted us with a credit line. 10 days later we were no closer to receiving anything than before. I emailed asking for our check to be returned and order (still in pending status) cancelled . The response from, Brad Nelson, was "This firm does not return checks once the documents are signed."

"I purchased a firewire card for a laptop. They indicated it was shipped the same day yet 2 days later, the tracking number was not in Fed Ex system. I contacted Luis Chavez at Buymicro.com and told him to cancel the order, he instructed me to call fed ex and refuse it. Fed Ex stated they could not refuse the delivery unless Buymicro contacted them first. Buymicro sent the package, I refused delivery, it was returned to the merchant. 3 weeks later I keep getting the story that they haven't received a credit from the drop shipper, yet I have a fed ex verification it was returned. When I contacted Buymicro, the president of the company who claimes to be named "Elmo" hung up on me twice. I called the NYS Attorney General's Consumer Fraud unit.

These people are crooks! They ship late, charge you extra, refuse to refund your money.

They are also extremely rude.

This is obviously a basement type merchant.

"Paid for 2nd day delivery, order arrived 5 days later. Buy Micro will not return calls or respond to numerous 'e' mails, absolutely no communication of any kind, Visa refunded the delivery charge, but that was not what I was after, just a little customer service from Buy MIcro, didn't happen. Very pissed off!!!!"

"They have some of the best prices for video projector lamps. Used my business credit card #, have ordered twice from them. Received items quickly. "

BUYMICRO.COM is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BUYMICRO.COM is not a merchant member
BUYMICRO.COM does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!