Stores > BBQGuys.com
  • BBQGuys.com

7am-7pm Mon-Fri, 9am-3pm Saturday (CST)
      877-743-2269
      225-296-0808
      customerservice@shopperschoice.com
      877-743-2269

Product & services pricing Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review BBQGuys.com by clicking a star below.
2017-07-09

dishonest and incompetent

"i ordered an expensive Blaze grill. they missed their delivery date and then scheduled a late date. my wife was home all day and nobody showed. we then never confirmed a redelivery because we were on vacation and they shipped the grill back to their warehouse and billed us $317 for shipping.

BBQGuys is just a front for shoppers choice. the whole operation is outsourced. they are terrible and dishonest. stick with amazon.

2017-07-07

No Returns, crappy merchandise.

"Purchased a Pitmaster IQ 120 digital temperature regulator from BBQ Guys at the end of May. We used it twice and each time it did not work. Now we can't return it to BBQ Guys because we used it. Please tell me how you would know if a product like the Pitmaster IQ works if you do not use it? Horrible company."

2017-06-20

No Help In Choosing A Grill

"Called to get advise on what grill would best fit my existing cut out. The outdoor kitchen was already here when we bought the house and want to reuse if possible. The gal on the phone said she would not be able to help pick out the best fit. So I did it myself and purchased the same item from Appliance Connection at the same price. Also purchased a cover for the opening below the grill at the same time. Spent approximately $2,000 with another seller. The web site says they will help you select a grill but that depends on the sales person or situation I guess. "

2017-06-17

Horrible customer service!!!

"I purchased a $2000 grill from them , which came damaged. calling customer service they were very polite but 7 phone calls 4 e-mails and a month later I still have heard nothing about resolving this problem! They make review videos on the grills they sell because nobody else sells them. Those reviews are false! The grill I purchased does not cook evenly not even close to even! It cooks the same as a$100 grill except its impossible to clean! I seasons the grill like recommended. and the first use the grill looked like it was used for a year. attempted everything I could to clean my brand new lifetime warranty grill yet it doesn't come clean . Stick with brands you know and have a good reputation like Weber where you can buy at a local store and return it if you have a problem . Because as of right now i just BBQ'd $2000 in the garbage!"

2017-06-13

Refuses to follow THEIR policy

"We tried to buy a grill from bbqguys.com. We found one locally on sale for $100 less that what bbqguys was selling. We had read good things about bbqguys though, so we looked up their price match policy, below.

At ShoppersChoice.com, our price match policy is simple! Should you find the same item for a lower price from a competitor at the time of purchase, contact us and we'll match it based on the following guidelines:

We must be able to confirm the lower price in writing (on a website, published in an
advertisement, etc.).
If the price is actually below our cost (plus shipping and handling), we'll offer the product to you at our cost (plus shipping and handling).
If the item has a manufacturer's minimum sale price policy, we are obligated not to sell below that price.
If the item has a manufacturer's authorized dealer policy, we will only match prices from other authorized dealers.
You may call us at 877-743-2269 or use our price match form located on all item pages on our sites to request a price match.

Our Price Match Guarantee excludes clearance/closeout items, non-retail, private sales, membership clubs, and auction websites. The internet site must have the exact brand and model available for purchase and delivery. Out-of-stock or back-ordered items are not eligible.

Great we thought! We can get the lower price and still use the company we wanted. I filled out their price match form, including a link to the stores sales flyer listing the lower price. I then emailed them the next day to ask when I would hear back as the sale ended in a couple days. After the sale ended, I got an email from Shopper's Choice (bbqguys). They stated that the item was a promotion and they don't match promotions.

First off, where in the policy does it say that? Secondly, what the heck is the difference? When I inquired they responded that because the sale had an end date, it was a promotion and they would not match. WHAT?? So, long story short, we missed out on the local sale and are also currently looking for the item elsewhere. I can't buy from a company that won't honor their policies. What if I need to use their return policy? Do they make up the rules as they go?

Buyer beware... save yourself some time and hassle and find your items elsewhere.

2017-05-09

Primo Teak Table

"Though I appreciate Primo's offer for a new teak table at 450.00 but it’s impossible for me to get past what I paid for originally and the fact it was advertised as “Teak”. In the end and after just 4 years it’s rotting, teak doesn’t do that! Your teak table doesn’t feel like or smell like teak when sanded and when one puts their nose to it. Doesn’t even have the right color of teak. I’ve been around boats and boat building my entire life. I know teak and what you’re selling isn’t teak but teak oiled wood being passed off as teak.

I bought your Primo Jr. because of the excellent reviews it received though I knew no one that owned one. Liked the fact that it was made in the USA. Your tables are not. I paid 250.00 for a piece of Burmese teak from Atlanta Hardwood which I have been using to fix this table as it rots under me. I’ll keep doing the same.

You make a pretty good cooker. Your tables simply put are not what you advertise them to be and I will not be giving you another dime to fix something that wasn’t what you claimed it was when I bought it.

Thanks in advance…

2017-04-27

Giving me the round around on a return. The item was defective

"Do not buy from these ppl. It has literally been a month since I Initiated a request for a return on a defective product. I've been told Fedex would pick up the item, 3 days later, no pick up. When I called, them claimed Fedex did make an attempt. Thats a lie! I have motion activated cameras! Not to mention my wife/I have been home! What makes it worst is that they ignore my emails. I have to call just to get them to do anything. Even then its a bunch of empty promises. Out $300 now for a month. Will NEVER do business with this company again, and I recommend no one els"

2017-04-19

Great service! Free parts!!

"Purchased a Blaze grill a couple of years ago from Shoppers Choice (BBQ Guys brick and mortar store). It came set up for LP but included natural gas conversion orifices in case I wanted to convert. Recently moved and can't locate the conversion parts. I called customer service and Stevie (I think) arranged to have a new set shipped to me immediately and at no charge! Who does that anymore? Not many. Thanks, Shopper's Choice!"

2017-03-31

Worst online retail experience in my life.

"Let me preface this story. I have been shopping for a grill for quite some time. I have never purchased or heard about bbqguys.com before. I located , what at the time i thought was, a great deal on an open box tec grill for over $3,000.

This grill gets delivered and it is inoperational. All the glass is shattered, it was dangerous to be nearby because the shards of glass could cut.

I contacted bbqguys.com immediately and I told them about the inoperable condition of the bbq. I was advised a NEW replacement would be shipped out the following day. I thought to myself , wow what a great company. But little did I know...

After this I sent in pictures and called to confirm they received the pictures. They confirmed delivery and I asked if these pictures were sufficient. I was advised yes these were sufficient and I'll be receiving a call after the pictures were reviewed but I should be getting my new grill soon.

Next day, here we go, representative calls me and says nope no new grill for you. I said I don't understand I was advised by 2 reps that I would get a new grill you sent me damaged dangerous unit. She said rest assured she will check the calls and if this was told to me by an OSR( I guess this is the job title of the customer service reps?) Then i would ABSOLUTELY get a brand new tec grill.

Low and behold I receive another call stating that everything I said was true but too bad it's not fair to their company so I will not get my new grill.

Literally an adult supervisor used the terms not fair. I stated that I was lied to by 3 representatives and if this is the type of shady business practices they practice?

End of story I have no new grill, no refund , and the supervisor told me to have my attorney contact their attorney.

I wish I read a truthful story about the foul business practices of this despicable organization so I could've saved thousands of dollars and stress. Please be safe people this organization is deceptive and has no qualms about lying and misleading their consumers

2017-02-16

Terrible customer service

"My wife ordered a part for Christmas and gave it to me. It had auto-filled in the adapter, which was the wrong one, and they refused to trade (I would have pd the shipping) because it was past 45 days...usually Christmas gifts are ordered in advance. "

2017-01-12

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE

"I would never recommend this company. The customer service is rude and uninterested in pleasing the customer. The shipping company they use is atrocious and they make excuses for their poor service. I am completely 100% dissatisfied with their service. I still have not received the grill I ordered, so I hope their products are better than their service."

2016-12-22

Above and Beyond expectations

"On 12/16, as part of our Kamado Joe classic purchase, we received a free Joetisserie ($249.00 value). Unfortunately, it came out of the box with a tiny break that wouldn't allow for the timer to hook on the piece. Therefore, I phoned customer service and left a message, next day they requested pictures of the issue and the box with serial number. I submitted them the same day and they received everything they required on the 18th.

I was told I would be getting a new Joetisserie within a couple of weeks because of the holidays and backorder. Bummer, I had planned to use it for Xmas eve...oh well....

However, yesterday morning I was nicely surprised with the new one (no need to send the old one) and today, I received a set of BBQ tools from these guys also. Thank you! I just can't believe how quick the turned around was. We are talking only 4 days including weekend!

It is easy to provide good customer service when things go well, but it is when things do not go as expected that true customer service shows. Specially during the holidays!

Thanks "guys"! You really made my Xmas!

Claudio M.
Albuquerque, NM

2016-10-10

Completely crap grill! What a waste of $3300!!! :-(

"Not only did ShoppersChoice fail to ask me what type of gas I had, and sent me the wrong regulator, but then they shipped me a grill with missing parts!!! For $3300 you'd think they had quality checks in place! And to top it off, they said Sedona by Lynx is 'top quality'... NOT!!!"

2016-10-04

Amazing service of my Alfresco Grill

"I posted a good review for the BBQ guys after Shawn in customer service told me they would take the $5200 grill back and replace it with a new 1. Today I got an e-mail from Shawn saying they will take it back as long as the grill has never been turned on. He knew the grill was turned on ! time. That's how I figured out it was natural gas not propane. Nothing worse than being lied to and he lied. "

2016-10-04

Nita and Grill Accessories

"Nita helped me with my purchases of accessories to our new built-in grill. She answered all my questions and when she wasn't sure about one of them, she put me briefly on hold and got the answer."

Share BBQGuys.com's store rating

BBQGuys.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BBQGuys.com is not a merchant member
BBQGuys.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!