Stores > Avenue
  • Avenue

Product & services pricing Rating 1.39/10 1.39/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.75/10 0.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.39/10 1.39/10
Voice your opinion! Review Avenue by clicking a star below.
2017-03-24

Stinky jeans returned for no refund

"I bought black jeans in two sizes since I was buying online. The jeans arrived quickly but smelled like burned rubber. I washed the pair that fit best, thinking the smell would dissipate. The jeans faded about three shades and still smelled awful. I left the laundered jeans hanging where I could let in fresh air for over a week but it was no use. I returned both pairs of jeans. Avenue charged shipping both ways and gave me a partial refund on the unwashed jeans. They told me the washed jeans were damaged and they would donate them to charity!
First and last purchase from this retail ripoff!

2017-03-21

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE--A SCAM!

"Their return policy is such a scam! I bought shoes thinking they were returnable, because it says clearance items (16.99 and under) are not returnable. I thought I was good with my shoes being way more than $16.99. But, then there's some 88 cents rule that also means not returnable, which I didn't know about as I was ordering my shoes! SO, the shoes I bought were too large and I had to return them. Then, the return is rejected because of this lame 88 cents rule! THEN, they tell me the shoes are OUTLET shoes. When I bought them, it didn't say outlet, clearance, or there's an 88 cents rule. A TOTAL SCAM! DON'T buy from these guys ever. They'll find a way to reject your return. AWFUL PEOPLE. "

2017-03-05

Misrepresentation - THINK TWICE BEFORE SHOPPING HERE

"Does not even deserve a one star. I shop almost exclusively on line and this business, is you want to call it that is by far the most sub standard of any I have ever dealt with. It is clear they deliberately do not make the return policy for sale/clearance items clear and they are REDICULOUS! Items ending in .98, .99 and under 9.99 GIVE ME A BREAK!"

2017-02-08

Wish there were 0 stars to give

"This company used to be wonderful! I have been shopping with them for 20+ years, loved their shoes and lingerie. $1000s spent, a closet with 50+ shoes because I love them so much. The past few years have really gone downhill, but lately the customer service has far surpassed the merchandise in disappointment. In the past, when there was a problem (EVEN IF THE ITEM HAD BEEN WORN!) customer service took care of things. About 10 years ago I had a bra from Avenue that had little metal decorations, which after being washed a few times, started rusting! Customer service asked for a photo, and sent me new bras of a different type. Six months ago I bought a few bras. In my "rotation" that means they have been worn maybe 10 times each. Now the underwires are poking through, in two different places on each. I know underwires break sometimes and poke through, but never after 10 wearings and handwashing. Upon closer look, I can see that the ends of the underwire are NOT blunt and/or coated, but are sharp wire on the end, like a knife. SO bad it caused a cut on my skin in one case. Of course, I contacted customer service, and received a canned response, "We accept returns within 60 days and in unworn condition." Of course it's been worn. After back and forth a number of times, nothing but the same stupid response. I have contacted CPSC now. Then a few weeks ago I returned some jeans to the store, purchased online. The lady, a snooty manager, said "these have been worn" because I had taken the tags off with the intention of wearing them! Yes, for about 1/2 hour while I was getting ready, upon which time I decided the rise was so long I couldn't stand the fit dragging in the crotch! She said I can't wear them and return them, to which I replied, if I can't wear them, how can I know if they FIT???? It's not like I wore them out to dinner! She then said she'd "make an exception, but not in the future". No problem, I won't be back, ever. Customer service used to come first at this store, now they act like we are doing them a favor. Back to Lane Bryant for me!

2017-02-03

Bad customer service

"I tried to return an item I bought online for exchange. After 3 week of not hearing anything from them, I finally heard back from them with a phone call. They said my item was rejected for a refund or exchange because of pet hair. I don't even own a pet. Tags were still on the item. Numerous calls and asking to speak to a manager or supervisor, when I was told there was no manager, have yielded no results. I was told I could pay for return shipping to me or they will donate the item to charity, Horrible customer service. I will never buy from them again."

2017-01-29

Terrible! Do not buy from Avenue!

"Horrible company! I bought $171 worth of shoes and they were all too big. I returned them all and they charged me $87 in shipping and therefore I only received 1/2 of my money back. Ridiculous total rip off "

2017-01-07

Buyer Beware!!!

"When I first shopped at Avenue Plus Size Clothing I loved that their boots fit wide legged women, however my first online order has been an absolute nightmare. I wore my boots one time and went to put them on a second time to notice that my one of my boots was torn on the heel right down the stitching. I went to the store where I was first told I could return them, then I was told I had to send them back to the warehouse. I have spoken to about four different people at the customer service department now they are saying that I can not return my shoes at all. So I'm stuck with some defective shoes!"

2016-12-17

Misrepresentation

"Brought a few items in July 2016 -- paid the bill off in full -- no money owed -- I kept getting a call from a bank who wanted me to call them -- I was not able to give them my credit card number to verify the call was for me. WHAT REALLY assumed it was a scam -- some the information on the web noted that it was a scam -- they kept calling from Oct and on -- So finally i got a real person on the line after a few months -- apparently the purchase was supposed to have a free subscription to a magazine - per the clerk at the store -- they tagged the price to my charge card -- Just received the bill from them in December after I paid the bill in disguise --- False advertising and my credit took a hit because of the way they do business. Will no longer be doing business with them -- I am calling to cancel my store credit card and advising them of the misrepresentation -- hard to maintain credit but for stupid misrepresentation on your part really steams me and will contact the better business to advise them of the calls -- apparently the call from a bank without details is causing a lot of people to raise their eyebrows - purchase date of the magazine is questionable since it was supposed to be a free - as your clerk said since you were a good customer we are giving you an opportunity to receive a free Subscription to one of your favorite magazine --

2016-12-10

Avenue Mail Order Returns - Miserable Scam

"As a long term Avenue customer I'm so moved by my recent experience trying to return a mail order pair of pants that I feel I must write this review. I'm completely LIVID! I purchased 4 pairs of pants and a dress blouse via online purchase. When I received the order I tried on one of the 4 pairs of pants and it was clear they did not fit and had to be returned. I didn't bother opening any of the other pairs knowing the fit would be the same. I tried on the pants one time, left the tags in place and packaged them up for return with the other pairs. I've since received an email alerting me that they are not refunding the one pair of pants because it has been determined that they have been worn. I immediately called customer service and they were completely useless. They simply repeated the same conclusion. I tried explaining that this was an error and that the pants had only been tried on once and returned. They were unwilling to help. I asked to speak to a manager, which was conveniently unavailable and was told they would call back within the week. Two weeks later I received a call from a "Supervisor" who reiterated the same explanation as the previous operator. I called them out and said that they were in error. Simply because someone in the warehouse made an incorrect determination, I cannot receive a refund. When I asked what their criteria was he could not elaborate. We as the consumer have no recourse. We cannot prove our position.... when the merchandise leaves our house and reaches the warehouse, it's simply their opinion of how the merchandise arrived. How do I not know someone in the warehouse did not drop these pant on the floor and they had to cover their error? Either way, I have no voice and cannot fight their error. When I asked to speak to another manager I was told there was no other person to speak to. What, this Supervisor works for someone. The Avenue paints you in a corner.... you can't defend your position. To add insult to injury the only recourse I have is to let them donate these pants to charity or have them returned to me.... at my cost!!! Again, I'm livid! I choose to have them returned to me and will try my luck at my local store. I don't hold out much hope though as I suspect what will be returned to me will not be what I originally sent back to the Avenue. My hope (albeit a stretch) is that an Avenue representative will read this and reach out to correct this problem. As a long time customer I'm going to have to walk away from this company. Their unskilled customer service just cost them."

2016-12-06

These boots were made for walkin!

"I received my boots within a week from the order date. These are the first pair of wide calf boots that actually fit my chubster legs. I love them, they fit true to size and look great with my leggings/jeggings!! "

2016-11-14

THEY ****!

"TRIED TO ORDER ON LINE - ORDER REJECTS 14 TIMES! 14! CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY TAKE ENTIRE ORDER THEN THEY SAY CANT SHIP TO STORE HAVE TO ORDER ONLINE FOR THAT - ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I ASK FOR SUPERVISOR - SHE SAYS THAT'S NOT TRUE SHE HAS NO IDEA WHY I WAS TOLD THAT - CUT TO TODAY THEY CALL THAT THE ORDER DIDN'T GO THRU - THEY SEEM UNAWARE OF MY CALL TO CUSTOMER SERVICE LAST NIGHT AND ARE SPEAKING OF THE 14 REJECTED ONLINE ORDERS - THEY TWO GUYS I GET ARE VERY SHADY AND SEEM TO BE PHISHING FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION - THIS WHOLE DEAL SMELLS VERY VERY BAD!!!! I WILL NOT BE SHOPPING WITH THESE PEOPLE AGAIN!!!!!

IS THERE A LESS THAN ONE STAR OPTION?

2016-10-21

Exhange/Return Policy

"Was so very excited when I found a pair of boots online at Avenue.com. When I received them they were too big, I returned them with the paperwork for an exchange. Today I see a credit to my Paypal account for $16.56 less than what I had originally been charged. So they not only didn't send me the exchange, they charged me for sending them back for the exchange I didn't even get. This policy is horrible. Don't order from this site unless you are sure it is going to fit!!! "

2016-09-17

Using PayPal for an Avenue purchase

"I made an online Avenue purchase totaling $117.18 on 09/04/16 using Paypal as the payment method. I picked up my package at the store today, 09/17/16, and tried the items on while there. Due to a fit issue I returned two of the items. Since I paid with Paypal they only refund money with a gift card/store credit.
If that is the case it should be posted in BOLD letters on your website. Without the notification it is dishonest and a deception.

2016-09-09

They have lost another customer

" Let me start off this review by stating that I have spent over $1200.00 this year alone from this company. I just received an order that I purchased for an upcoming trip. The jacket was to big and I need to exchange I called customer service to indicate that I need to exchange the jacket for a smaller size. I was told that once I return the jacket they would send out the replacement. I told the representative that I needed the jacket for my trip in 3 weeks. She told me I can return at local store (local store is 1 1/2 hours away from me) I told her that and was told I can reorder. which now would be full price ( I ordered jacket at 50% off) and be charged 8.50 for the shipping and 7.50 for the return, I asked that those fees be waived and I was told that it has to go to corporate. I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was told that her supervisor will tell me the same thing. Talked to the supervisor and repeated same story and was told she has to forward to corporate for an answer and it will take 3-5 business days for them to get the complaint. What? I don't understand how a company would not be willing to waive $16 to keep a customer happy. I told the supervisor that I hope that she can call corporate herself and tell them that they lost a good customer. I will never buy from Avenue again. I am willing to drive the 1 1/2 hours on principle so they never get another dime from me! I hope they have employees to monitor these reviews. I ordered from Amazon returned for free and did not have to wait for a credit to my account. I was issued a gift card immediately. They certainly know how to treat their customers! Avenue....Take a note from Amazon! "

2016-09-07

Award for Terrible Products and Even Worse Customer Service

"I have purchased from Avenue over the years in their shops but now with so many of their shops closing I decided to try buying online. Huge mistake. As soon as I opened the box my eyes watered from the unbelievable chemical odor that other reviews have mentioned. I never even tried anything on; simply returned the entire order.

A few weeks later I received a partial refund. I called and asked what was going on and the agent said she didn't know but would find out. Called again and was told that I wouldn't be refunded because some of the items were clearance -- there was no mention of this at the time of ordering.

I asked to speak to someone with some power who might actually be able to help me. Was told that my issue could be sent to corporate for review and that I would need to wait for the response; I said fine, what else could I say?

Today I was told that because Avenue's return warehouse listed my returns as 'previously worn' (that was new no one had accused me of returning used merchandise before) that I would not be refunded and not only that but that I could pay shipping, handling, and tax to have the items returned to me or that the clothes would be donated.

I spoke to Rodney in customer service and Rodney's supervisor both men were exceedingly rude, condescending, and seemed to be in some sort of contest to see which of them could talk over me more successfully.

This company will never see another penny of my money and I am no longer wondering why they seem to be closing so many their stores.

Share Avenue's store rating

Avenue is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Avenue is not a merchant member
Avenue does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!