Stores > Avenue

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.25/10 0.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2016-05-03

Online rip-off!

"This company should get out of the online retail business. They have terrible policies with long standing customers. I have been buying clothes for years from this company from their store and decided to purchase some items online. The clothes did not fit after I tried on once so I returned - though I waited a few weeks before I sent. They found an excuse to not refund me for all the items and I spoke to several levels of customer service. I have spent thousands of dollars at their store and they showed no customer support in this matter - they don't care if they lose a long time customer - I felt I need to warn people. They lost my loyalty - I have tod many people about the store - now I will tell people to stay away!"

This review was modified by Rose63 on May 03 2016 08:38:57 AM

2016-05-01

stealing my money

"They don't deserve any stars...
I got 2 tops which was in sell, I had them delivered to the store to not pay the full delivery price, one didn't fit and on was not like I was hopping to, bad material, something I will not wear.
I went to the store and they told me I can't return anything which is finishing the price on 88, then when I contact the customer service they told me I can't return or exchange, and if I return I pay the full shipping plus is giving my money as donations.
If I want to donate I do it not anyone to force me.
I work long hours to afford to buy food and clothing.
I wanted the to exchange the one din't fit and to return the one which is from a really bad material and looks horrible...BUT I can't , I am stuck with the products.
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS STORE, IS NOT WORTH-ED, BAD MATERIAL, BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

This review was modified by MARDANA2000 on May 01 2016 07:36:55 PM

2016-04-11

Bait and Switch at Avenue Women's clothing

"I will never ever order another thread from this so called store. Tonight I made a purchase online knowing I had a coupon for 4 items. 1st item is 20% off 2nd is 30% 3rd is 35% and 40% off for the 4th item. It took me awhile to shop and gather my items and I only purchased 4 items because of the coupon. I checked and my coupon was good and did not include exclusions for the items I purchased. Well guess what? I got zero% off of everything. And when I called Avenue asap they said I called too soon my order is not in the system yet? Hello? It's 2016. I had to wait a hour to call back. I think they thought I would go away. Called back in a hour and got nowhere. They had no idea why my coupon didn't work. Asked for a supervisor and they said he left. Never again will I order from Avenue Women's clothing. Avenue Women's clothing online is a scam. Too many other choices out there and companies that provide better service. Avenue Women's clothing doesn't care about keep their customers so, bye!"

This review was modified by Gypsy0052 on April 11 2016 07:50:55 PM

2016-03-29

NEVER EVER EVER Order From Avenue

"Never EVER order online from this company!!!!!!!!!!! I placed an order March 3rd, and was promised delivery within THREE days....it's now March 29th and my order has still YET to arrive!! It's lost somewhere in transit.....Avenue claims it shipped, FedEx has NO record of receiving this order!

Meanwhile.....my credit card was charged for the full amount and has YET to be refunded! Avenue has kept my purchase **** in bureaucratic hell!! They keep stating that my claim needs to be sent to their head office, and that a response is forthcoming within 3-5 business days!! Yeah right!!!

This is irresponsible and greedy of this company! If my package was lost in transit, that is THEIR problem to rectify with THEIR courier!!!!!!!!! This problem should NOT fall on the shoulders of their CLIENT!!!!!!!

I AM DEMANDING A RESOLUTION TO THIS ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

This review was modified by DontShopAvenue on March 29 2016 07:50:50 AM

2016-03-07

NO MORE ORDERS FROM ME

"I recently ordered several items from Avenue. When they arrived they had the chemical smell mentioned by others. I washed them to get the smell out but no luck. I have asked to return them but have gotten no satisfaction. I will report them to ever agency know to have and control over sales but expect nothing after reading other reviews. Never again will I order from this company and I will inform others of the poor products and poorer service,"

2016-02-29

Buyer beware - you can't return faulty clothing

"Have had mixed experience with avenue over the years but recent experience has convinced me not to shop there again. Purchased pants online, when they arrived they all had a strong chemical smell. They fit fine and figured a good washing would get rid of the smell. Five washes later, soaking and hanging to air out and still the smell was so strong I couldn't wear them. Attempted to return and was told they couldn't be returned because they had been washed! Go figure, you buy something thinking a good washing will get the smell out but you can't return them when the washing doesn't get the smell out because you've washed them! I'm done with the avenue."

This review was modified by TGInc on February 29 2016 02:49:36 PM

2016-01-10

"I ordered from Avenue, got my items and had to return a pair of pants and a shirt. The shirt was bought as clearance for $21.96. I used a coupon that brought it to $16.33. I got credit for the pants but not the shirt. They said that clearance $16.96 and under or clearance ending in .96 does not get refunded. If i want it back-I can pay $7.95 for it or they will donate it-yeah I bet they will! The shirt was NOT worn! Tags still attached. In fact, the back of my invoice said that a clearance item $12.96 and under will not get refunded-hmmm-what is it AVENUE??? I am not getting my money back because of a coupon I used!?! I do not understand how they cannot refund anyone's money for ANY item if it is returned in new condition. You know they are not donating it, they will resell it! I want my money! I have spent $1000's with them!!! Not anymore!"

This review was modified by Adriana91 on January 10 2016 02:56:22 PM

2015-11-30

"Placed an order online with Avenue and payed for it with PayPal. Later that SAME DAY received an email stating that the same items I just ordered were on sale for less than I payed. I immediately called customer service for a price adjustment and was told that was not possible, that I would have to place a second order at the new price (which would tie up more of my money) and then refuse shipment of the first order or return it to a store. Any other company would have no problem with this. I did not place a new order because I would only get a store credit due to the fact that I paid with PayPal. I want nothing more to do with this company."

This review was modified by Mrsvickers on November 30 2015 06:33:11 PM

2015-11-20

"PANTS SHRANK 2 SIZES ON FIRST WASH IN COLD WATER AND DRIED LOW AS WAS DIRECTED ON THE TAG, AND THEY REFUSED TO ISSUE A REFUND! Unbelievable Customer Service! Buyer Beware! I see from all the other scathing reviews that Avenue will NOT stand behind the products it sells! They told me that they refuse to refund or even issue a credit for any product that had been worn or washed. I am still in shock since I can't imagine any other clothing company saying, "You bought it, our product was DEFECTIVE, you can never wear it again, but we don't care." Curiously they wouldn't allow me to leave a review of the item on their website. They removed all traces of the item and its item number from their website, and stated that they didn't have any record of orders from me after I signed in. But I have their emails of the orders they sent me with their order and item numbers as proof. PLEASE PASS THE WORD so that no one else gets suckered in by this unscrupulous company!"

This review was modified by Unhappyinmichigan on November 20 2015 11:49:59 AM

2015-11-17

"PLEASE DO NOT SHOP AT AVENUE!!! They are scam artists and I am reporting them to every agency I can.
I placed a large order online and was not satisfied with most of the items. The prices have gone up while the quality of their clothing has gone way down. The day I tried on the items I packed them in the same box the clothes were received in and mailed them back the next day. A month later i still had no received a refund so i called and customer service said they would look into it. The next day i get an email saying that they will not issue me a refund because the clothes were either worn or damaged!! WHAT>!>! When I tell you, I tried on the clothes and put them back in the box! One item was a Winter coat - how soiled could it have been? IT IS A COMPLETE LIE!!!! After much investigation I came to find out that Avenue stores are doing this to MANY of their customers to scam them out of money. Go on the BBB site and you will see over 100 of complaints just like mine. i am fighting them tooth and nail, even if i have to take them to small claims court. This is insane that a store would try and scam customers like this.
DO NOT SHOP HERE!! PLEASE!!!!

This review was modified by windyoats on November 17 2015 08:51:54 PM

2015-10-19

"Avenue has totally gone down hill. Worst customer service, lies and deceit! THey have clothes that are non-returnable on the website but you would only know that if you searched for them one particular way. After I returned them, they took 2 months to tell me those were not returnable and then wanted to charge me almost $8 to send them back or they would "donate them to chartity" and not send me any kind of a refund. I explained their website was not marked properly, they didn't care at all so I paid the $8. I received an email on 10/8 that they had shipped but when I tracked the package today, Fedex has never received it. I called Avenue and they gave me another lie about taking 10 days to ship it and then the travel time. Nothing but lies and deceit plus their quality has degraded. Don't shop here!"

2015-10-16

"I would give it negative stars if I could! I returned an online order to a store (didn't fit) but could only get store credit in return. I ordered something else online and used a 30% coupon. The Avenue canceled the order due to the item being out of stock. It took them OVER 3 MONTHS to send me a gift card as credit for the order, but no replacement coupon. Unfortunately, that gift card had a zero balance! It took me another 2 weeks and 3 calls to get the money onto the card, and they offered me a 20% coupon for my trouble. How nice. I WILL NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN!!!!!"

2015-09-26

"I am not happy with avenue. I ordered some apparel online. When i received the item it had a big rip down the front seam. I took my receipt and attempted to return it to the store for an exchange. The sales associates refused to take the shirt back because it was purchased online and it was a clearance item. I needed to go to the post office to make the return. I called customer service and filed a complaint. I typically work during post office hours so i needed to take time off of work to return my shirt. I wish that it would have stated on the receipt that i can not return clearance items in the store. I am dissatisfied with how rude the sales associates were. They asked me if i wore the shirt when i still had the tags on it. I am dissatisified with customer service department because the associate said he would call me back with information. He did call me back with any information. "

This review was modified by rmb1969 on September 26 2015 10:40:54 AM

2015-09-23

"This is the worst store ever. The clothing is junk and made very cheaply. Do not buy anything from this store, it will just fall apart. They will not even except returns. Customer service is horrible. It took me four weeks to hear back about a return just to hear they will not refund my money. I will never shop at this store again. They must know their clothing is junk, that is why they have such a horrible return policy, because they wouldn't make any money as everyone would be returning clothes. Avenue is a joke!! Ladies, shop at Kohl's or Lane Bryant, much better clothing quality and they except returns, imagine that."

This review was modified by Stacy123456789 on September 23 2015 04:50:01 PM

2015-08-27

"They ripped me off!!!
I ordered almost $500.00 worth of clothes/shoes online. (my first, and last, experience shopping with them!) Items arrived in a huge, battered box. Sub-par quality, smelled like rubber, way over-priced, cheaply made...
I returned 2 dresses, 2 shirts and a pair of sandals, via mail. Was informed the next week that they would not issue a credit because "all 5 items had been WORN". (beyond a quick try-on, this was false!) They gave me a choice of donating to charity or getting items shipped back. I chose to have them returned, because I have no doubt that the items go right back into their warehouse, and never to "charity".
They said that I had to call and pay $7.95 to have my items shipped back. So I did this. A few days later, I receive a small, plastic 12"x10" envelope with a paid return label and 2 coupons for 30% off my next purchase inside! When I called AGAIN to get this whole nightmarish mess straightened out, they insisted that they HAD sent my 5 items back and that they must have fallen out of the envelope, or I was lieing, or the post office lost the items. (Am I in the Twilight Zone at this point???)
Supposedly, a "claim" has been filed...but the post office did nothing wrong and I have this plastic envelope w/ shipping codes on it to prove that Avenue messed up YET AGAIN. Meanwhile, I'm out several hundred dollars and have no clothes/sandals to show for it. They repeatedly ignore my emails or placate me on the phone...each rep insists he truly cares about helping me and will "look into it" and call me back. Never get a call back. No resolutions.
It's been going on now for 3 months. I feel cheated, angry and stupid for trusting my business to this POS company. I have NO CLUE how they haven't gone bankrupt w/ this low level of service...NO, WAIT! They steal our money...THAT'S how they survive. Really, really sad and gross!!!
DO NOT shop there!! Go to Lane Bryant. Better quality, great service, cooler clothes.

This review was modified by kckckc36 on August 27 2015 05:04:15 PM

Share Avenue's store rating

Avenue is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Avenue is not a merchant member
Avenue does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!