Stores > Avenue

• Avenue

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.19/10 0.19/10

"PANTS SHRANK 2 SIZES ON FIRST WASH IN COLD WATER AND DRIED LOW AS WAS DIRECTED ON THE TAG, AND THEY REFUSED TO ISSUE A REFUND! Unbelievable Customer Service! Buyer Beware! I see from all the other scathing reviews that Avenue will NOT stand behind the products it sells! They told me that they refuse to refund or even issue a credit for any product that had been worn or washed. I am still in shock since I can't imagine any other clothing company saying, "You bought it, our product was DEFECTIVE, you can never wear it again, but we don't care." Curiously they wouldn't allow me to leave a review of the item on their website. They removed all traces of the item and its item number from their website, and stated that they didn't have any record of orders from me after I signed in. But I have their emails of the orders they sent me with their order and item numbers as proof. PLEASE PASS THE WORD so that no one else gets suckered in by this unscrupulous company!"

This review was modified by Unhappyinmichigan on November 20 2015 11:49:59 AM

"PLEASE DO NOT SHOP AT AVENUE!!! They are scam artists and I am reporting them to every agency I can.
I placed a large order online and was not satisfied with most of the items. The prices have gone up while the quality of their clothing has gone way down. The day I tried on the items I packed them in the same box the clothes were received in and mailed them back the next day. A month later i still had no received a refund so i called and customer service said they would look into it. The next day i get an email saying that they will not issue me a refund because the clothes were either worn or damaged!! WHAT>!>! When I tell you, I tried on the clothes and put them back in the box! One item was a Winter coat - how soiled could it have been? IT IS A COMPLETE LIE!!!! After much investigation I came to find out that Avenue stores are doing this to MANY of their customers to scam them out of money. Go on the BBB site and you will see over 100 of complaints just like mine. i am fighting them tooth and nail, even if i have to take them to small claims court. This is insane that a store would try and scam customers like this.

This review was modified by windyoats on November 17 2015 08:51:54 PM

"Avenue has totally gone down hill. Worst customer service, lies and deceit! THey have clothes that are non-returnable on the website but you would only know that if you searched for them one particular way. After I returned them, they took 2 months to tell me those were not returnable and then wanted to charge me almost $8 to send them back or they would "donate them to chartity" and not send me any kind of a refund. I explained their website was not marked properly, they didn't care at all so I paid the $8. I received an email on 10/8 that they had shipped but when I tracked the package today, Fedex has never received it. I called Avenue and they gave me another lie about taking 10 days to ship it and then the travel time. Nothing but lies and deceit plus their quality has degraded. Don't shop here!"

"I would give it negative stars if I could! I returned an online order to a store (didn't fit) but could only get store credit in return. I ordered something else online and used a 30% coupon. The Avenue canceled the order due to the item being out of stock. It took them OVER 3 MONTHS to send me a gift card as credit for the order, but no replacement coupon. Unfortunately, that gift card had a zero balance! It took me another 2 weeks and 3 calls to get the money onto the card, and they offered me a 20% coupon for my trouble. How nice. I WILL NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN!!!!!"

"I am not happy with avenue. I ordered some apparel online. When i received the item it had a big rip down the front seam. I took my receipt and attempted to return it to the store for an exchange. The sales associates refused to take the shirt back because it was purchased online and it was a clearance item. I needed to go to the post office to make the return. I called customer service and filed a complaint. I typically work during post office hours so i needed to take time off of work to return my shirt. I wish that it would have stated on the receipt that i can not return clearance items in the store. I am dissatisfied with how rude the sales associates were. They asked me if i wore the shirt when i still had the tags on it. I am dissatisified with customer service department because the associate said he would call me back with information. He did call me back with any information. "

This review was modified by rmb1969 on September 26 2015 10:40:54 AM

"This is the worst store ever. The clothing is junk and made very cheaply. Do not buy anything from this store, it will just fall apart. They will not even except returns. Customer service is horrible. It took me four weeks to hear back about a return just to hear they will not refund my money. I will never shop at this store again. They must know their clothing is junk, that is why they have such a horrible return policy, because they wouldn't make any money as everyone would be returning clothes. Avenue is a joke!! Ladies, shop at Kohl's or Lane Bryant, much better clothing quality and they except returns, imagine that."

This review was modified by Stacy123456789 on September 23 2015 04:50:01 PM

"They ripped me off!!!
I ordered almost $500.00 worth of clothes/shoes online. (my first, and last, experience shopping with them!) Items arrived in a huge, battered box. Sub-par quality, smelled like rubber, way over-priced, cheaply made...
I returned 2 dresses, 2 shirts and a pair of sandals, via mail. Was informed the next week that they would not issue a credit because "all 5 items had been WORN". (beyond a quick try-on, this was false!) They gave me a choice of donating to charity or getting items shipped back. I chose to have them returned, because I have no doubt that the items go right back into their warehouse, and never to "charity".
They said that I had to call and pay $7.95 to have my items shipped back. So I did this. A few days later, I receive a small, plastic 12"x10" envelope with a paid return label and 2 coupons for 30% off my next purchase inside! When I called AGAIN to get this whole nightmarish mess straightened out, they insisted that they HAD sent my 5 items back and that they must have fallen out of the envelope, or I was lieing, or the post office lost the items. (Am I in the Twilight Zone at this point???)
Supposedly, a "claim" has been filed...but the post office did nothing wrong and I have this plastic envelope w/ shipping codes on it to prove that Avenue messed up YET AGAIN. Meanwhile, I'm out several hundred dollars and have no clothes/sandals to show for it. They repeatedly ignore my emails or placate me on the phone...each rep insists he truly cares about helping me and will "look into it" and call me back. Never get a call back. No resolutions.
It's been going on now for 3 months. I feel cheated, angry and stupid for trusting my business to this POS company. I have NO CLUE how they haven't gone bankrupt w/ this low level of service...NO, WAIT! They steal our money...THAT'S how they survive. Really, really sad and gross!!!
DO NOT shop there!! Go to Lane Bryant. Better quality, great service, cooler clothes.

This review was modified by kckckc36 on August 27 2015 05:04:15 PM

"I am very disappointed in Avenue. I purchased several items that faded, had defective seams or fell apart - I sent avenue an email about 1 defective top but they never responded after the initial email. Today I drove 1 hr each way to return items in the store instead of mailing them. Store said they couldn't take $10 tops back from on line purchases. Called and spoke with a cs rep. He said I should have know anything lower than 16.88 is considered clearance. I am a new customer. So "new" that I am not in the computer or even received a statement yet. I was shopping on line and a pop up came up saying to enter a code for $10 items. Now I am stuck with them. The fit is horrible and what I did like - fell apart or faded. Quality is sub par. Store manager said I should contact bbb and file a complaint. This was not a correct way to handle a disgruntled new customer, but her hands were tied regarding online sales. "

This review was modified by tbb09 on August 20 2015 05:24:09 PM

"I placed an order at 11:23pm (ET). When I checked my email for a confirmation, I noticed a email I received at 11pm (ET) that the 5 shirts I just order were going on sale at 12am (ET)! I immediately tried to cancel my order but there was no option. I immediately wrote an email to them informing what had happened and requested the $26.55 to be refunded or a store credit be issued. Since I did not receive a reply in 3 days, I called them. They told me they do not make price adjustments or issue credits!!!!! How can a company not issue a refund or credit? Don't think I will be shopping from them again!"

This review was modified by Mary74 on August 18 2015 11:00:38 AM

"I have been shopping at the Bolingbrook IL Avenue store for as long as it has been there. We moved into Bolingbrook in 1999 and I do not know how long the store has been there.
The receipt # below was bought over 60 days ago. While I have returned other items I have never tried returning after the 60 days; actually I did not even know it was stated on the back of the receipt. Well when I tried to get a refund the store assistant laughed saying that even though I had receipt all they could refund was the current price less 30% more. The item was bought for $24.99 and is now on sale for $19.99 plus 30% more off or about $14.00 or a loss of $10 because I could not get back in the store until today. I respect the people I work with and interact at stores. It is unimaginable that a sales person would laugh at me when explaining a reduced refund. Not a very good representative for Avenue Customer-facing.

This review was modified by mj-h-edwards on July 07 2015 04:42:12 AM

"I have shopped at Avenue for several years. I usually do not leave the store without spending at least a couple hundred dollars. I agree that the customer service is severely lacking, but that is not usually a problem, as I prefer to shop alone and not be bothered while I decide what I want. It is kind of a pain to have to track someone down when you need to get a dressing room unlocked, but I too, don't usually care about that either.

However, the quality of the clothing is not recently been up to par. The seams on some of the shirts tend to come out after a few wears, and the beading comes off on items that are tagged as machine washable. I usually do my machine washable items with beads on delicate.

This time was the last straw though. I am not one to return items. I hate the hassle of going back to the store and going through the return process. I take the tags off and throw away the receipts because I very rarely return items, and because the purchase can always be looked up on my card statements. This time I made an exception and decided to exchange something. I just purchased a pair of denim shorts and a pair of denim pants on June 8th. They were the same style, same size, and both fit the same. Slightly larger than I need, I'm normally an 18, but I bought a 20, needing a belt to hold them up, but I prefer that to tighter clothes. I've worn the pants several times and washed them with no problems.

I then wore the shorts, and washed them. When I removed them from the washing machine, the stitching had come out along the zipper. Now these shorts are slightly loose on me, so the size was not the problem, and the stitches weren't ripped out, the thread literally unraveled all in one long thread leaving the zipper no longer attached to the jeans for about an inch and a half. I took them back to the store, waited in line, and put the shorts on the counter. I pleasantly explained the above information to the person at the counter who happened to be the store manager. She did not even look at the defective product. She simply told me that they do not accept returns on items that do not have the tag attached. Excuse me?! Why would I wear the item with the tag on it. I'm not returning something because it didn't fit, or i didn't like it. I'm returning it because it is DEFECTIVE! Obviously I would have worn them without the tag. She did not care, she simply stated that was their policy. I insisted on the corporate office number since she was the store manager. She gave me someones cell which I promptly got voicemail. I then called the 888 number from their website and after explaining the situation was told that I would have to take the issue up with the store manager. This is terrible customer service. What does this say for the quality of their clothing when they will not back up the things they sell and allow you to return or exchange them if the item is defective?

I will no longer be a customer of Avenue. There are too many stores in town that have excellent options for plus sized women to have to put up with this stores ridiculous business practices and poor quality.

This review was modified by cherield on June 29 2015 06:47:28 PM

"I purchased some bras during a buy one get one 50% off sale. In addition you could use a coupon code online for $40 off $100. I decided to return 3 out of the 4 bras along with a shirt from another order. I used one shipping label and was charged shipping on both orders. In addition when I received my credit I only received credit for 2 bras and not the correct amount. They are stating that the third bra is a clearance item because the amount of the price ends in a 6. I spent over an hour on the phone with customer service explaining this was not a clearance item. I spent a $106 so the $40 off coupons make each item approx 37.73% off. Buy one at $32 and get the second one at $16.00. $16 - 37.73% is $9.96. This does not make the item clearance. So the "Team Leader" states they will send my complaint for review and a final decision will be make on whether they will refund my money. Remember I bought 4 bras and returned 3. They refunded one of the$9.96 bras but will not do the other. This store is stealing from its customers. First on not properly issuing a refund and second how can they charge for a shipping label that was never used. I wasted an hour of my time trying to explain how to properly refund these items and 2 employees and 1 team leader later and they still can't do the math. I am done having my money stolen at the avenue."

This review was modified by jbean54956 on June 04 2015 10:04:47 AM

"Absolutely horrid return policy and exorbitant shipping rates. Ordered online and attempted to return due to the fact that the pants were enormous on me. Apparently returns under $12 are "unacceptable" and can either be donated or be returned if you pay the $7 shipping rate, which by the time you order and want to return, exceeds the value of the item altogether.

It's obviously a bad policy (goes without saying) and a deterrent from having anyone buy your sale items whatsoever. There's a reason why stores with no hassle returns succeed and why I will always continue to choose to patron their establishments and not Avenue.

This review was modified by aclr on June 03 2015 12:47:31 PM

"I am very upset. i tried to return some pants i bought at the Pasadena location 3385 East Foothill Blvd. Pasadena, CA 91107, and the cashier in the front was so rude. this is the second time i've gotten attitude from her. She accused me of wearing the pants. And i assured her i didnt and the tag was still attached. i wanted to exchange because they were way too big. She said didn't i realize that when i tried them on? I cant believe she said that to me! there was a wrinkle because they were thrown in the bag when i bought them, and i never wore them and i just cant believe how rude her and her manager was. i have shopped at Avenue for a long time and this is the last time i will ever go there. Now I'm stuck with pants there are too big. "

This review was modified by KimberlyGavin8585 on May 27 2015 05:43:05 PM

"I am writing to express my extreme displeasure in the quality of the clothing that I purchased from the Avenue. I am posting this review online because their return policy doesn't allow for me to return the items that I purchased. I purchased two pairs of capri pants, both of which have zippers that will not stay zipped for longer than a few minutes. The pants are the appropriate size so this is not a result of the pants being too tight. The dress that I purchased also already has threads unraveling, and again, I have only worn it once. As this was the first time that I have ordered, I had higher expectations of quality. I will certainly never order again. "

Share Avenue's store rating

Avenue is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Avenue is not a merchant member
Avenue does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!