• Avenue

Product & services pricing Rating 2.68/10 2.68/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.47/10 0.47/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.14/10 1.14/10

"I am very upset. i tried to return some pants i bought at the Pasadena location 3385 East Foothill Blvd. Pasadena, CA 91107, and the cashier in the front was so rude. this is the second time i've gotten attitude from her. She accused me of wearing the pants. And i assured her i didnt and the tag was still attached. i wanted to exchange because they were way too big. She said didn't i realize that when i tried them on? I cant believe she said that to me! there was a wrinkle because they were thrown in the bag when i bought them, and i never wore them and i just cant believe how rude her and her manager was. i have shopped at Avenue for a long time and this is the last time i will ever go there. Now I'm stuck with pants there are too big. "

modified review This review was modified by KimberlyGavin8585 on May 27 2015 05:43:05 PM

"I am writing to express my extreme displeasure in the quality of the clothing that I purchased from the Avenue. I am posting this review online because their return policy doesn't allow for me to return the items that I purchased. I purchased two pairs of capri pants, both of which have zippers that will not stay zipped for longer than a few minutes. The pants are the appropriate size so this is not a result of the pants being too tight. The dress that I purchased also already has threads unraveling, and again, I have only worn it once. As this was the first time that I have ordered, I had higher expectations of quality. I will certainly never order again. "

"I also a bunch of items online. I made the mistake of cutting off a tag before I tried the kimono on. Needless to say it looked like a sheet. Horrible fit! I took it back to the store tor return it within a week of purchasing it with the receipt and they told me they could not accept it without the original tag. I couldn't find the tag. I somehow managed to lose it. I will never buy from them again!! I didn't even offer me a store credit. I used to spend a lot of money at this store but not anymore!"

modified review This review was modified by crg1069 on May 05 2015 06:46:51 AM

"I purchased a pair of pants from the store in the Security Square Mall in Maryland. When I put them on, I realized that they were too big and took them off. I had already thrown away my original tag and threw it away the previous day. I didn't think any issue would come up because I had my original receipt. When I tried to return it to the store, they refused to take it, stating that it was their policy to have the original tag. Now I am stuck with a pair of paints that are too big. I immediately cancelled my account with Avenue and I don't plan on doing any other business with them, WHATSOEVER!!! "

"Placed an order with Avenue in February 2015. The store cancel the order since items were not available and send money back. Placed a second order and a third order. A couple days later I notice that money was debit from Avenue. I was not sure why since the bank had debited the second and third order. While I was trying to find out. Two (2) packages arrive at my home. I open them and saw that the first package contain items from the first order that originally Avenue had cancel and notice that a piece of jewelry I had order had been substitute and it was damage. The second package had items I had order but one item was missing a peach blouse. I return the first order and partial on the second order. I contacted Avenue on the phone with no luck trying to get a resolution. I also have send several emails in regards to this issue. I contacted the customer service and spoke with Ray who stated that he was going to send an incident report to head quarters since he was unable to resolve this issue of the substitute damage jewelry and missing item. I got a phone call days later stating that the item they receive was damage and cannot credit my account that if I pay $7 dollars and some cents the item will be returned to me or it can be donated in my name to a charity organization. In regards to the missing item the peach blouse I got an email stating that they will send me the blouse until today I have not received nothing. And no one will answer my questions in regards to get my credit back for the two items.
Resolution: Want my money back for the Rhinestone Aztec Cuff that was not send and substitute with a different item that it was damage and it was return send the credit in the amount of $9.80 and on the second order the amount of $57.65 for Ruffle Trim Shirt peach blouse that was missing. Shoppers beware you may get substitute damage items, missing items, and you may not get your credit refund. Please DONT do business with this online store, unless you want headaches and be rip-off of your hard earn money.

"I am a long time customer of the Avenue and lately I have been very unhappy with the quality of their clothes. I don't abuse my clothes and I follow the washing instructions. Recently I tried to return a pair of legging, a shirt and a bra to my local Avenue. The women at the register, who I thought was the store manager, looked at my shirt and told me that they didn't sell it in that store. It is a black and white top with a metal bar across the front. The tag in the shirt says "Avenue"on it. The bar seems to be too heavy and droops down upside down, like the material stretched. She told me that sometimes they get things that are returns from the catalog . I don't order my clothes on line because I like to try them on before buying. She wouldn't do anything about my shirt. She told the other women working there" This is my style and you know if we sold this top I would have bought one". I put my finger through the back of my bra when I was taking it off. I did buy it last year but have only worn it a couple of times. Again I was told that there was nothing that could be done about the bra. Too old. My leggings were bought with a gift card I got for Christmas. The seem in the back side has stretched so that you can see the wholes where the sewing needle went through. The light shines through the wholes. She told me she might be able to do something about the leggings. She went to the rack and didn't see anymore. She said something about buying things on clearance, sales are final. The other women came over to see the clothes and asked if I had my receipt. I told them no but I charge all my clothes and asked if they could look up my charge history. They said that isn't something that can be done. The women pointed to the sign on the counter and said that I should reread the return policy. They only take returns within 30 days with a sales slip. I asked for the customer service # and put my clothes back in the bag and left telling them that I was not going to shop at the Avenue any more and would be cancelling my charge. If I knew the clothes would fall apart after only wearing once of twice I would never have bought them. I have 2 other tops in my closet that have also started the come apart. One is a turquoise blouse with flat metal type beads that are sewn on that came off after washing once. The other top has sequins across the neckline that have come off also. I also have a pair of jean shorts that have a decorative trim of metal grommets along the pockets have cut my hand my I put my hand in the pockets. They have loosened and have very sharp edges. I am very dissatisfied with the quality and service and won't shop at the Avenue again."

modified review This review was modified by jgcma on March 15 2015 10:33:57 AM

"I'm a long-time Avenue customer, but their return and exchange policies for online shoppers are HORRIBLE. I bought a top online hoping to wear it to a holiday event. It finally arrived right before the event but was too big. I brought it into my local Avenue store to exchange for a smaller size, and guess what...their policy is that the customer has to pay the difference between what they paid at the time of purchase and what the store is currently charging for that item. WHAT??!? Who does that??? In my case, I had used a coupon code and paid $18 for the top and the store was currently charging $55. What a crazy policy! I still haven't been able to find it disclosed anywhere in print, and I think if you're going to have a policy that is that bizarre and outside the norm for mainstream retailers, you need to disclose it in big, bold, easy-to-find print. Then this past weekend, I brought some boots to my local store for a refund (they didn't fit). I wasn't going to try to mess with exchanges and price differences again! But guess what? If you check out using paypal, you can only get a store credit, not a refund. Come on, Avenue...what in the what is going on with your customer-unfriendly policies these days??!? I don't care if that's your policy, but make it beyond clear at the time of checkout, because it's weird and would never in a million years be intuitive to a seasoned online shopper -- had I been alerted to your crazy paypal policy, I would have simply checked out directly using the same credit card that I used when I checked out via paypal."

modified review This review was modified by JennyinMA on March 05 2015 07:33:19 AM

"NEVER NEVER NEVER order from this company! I ordered 3 pairs of knee high boots but only received A 14x14x7 box that weighed just under 5 pounds on Fed ex's website. I inquired about the other 2 pairs and it took 2 weeks for them to tell me that their records show all 3 were shipped. Anyone who has ordred knee high boots can clearly understand that 3 pairs would not fit inside a box with those dimensions and it would be quite a bit more than 5 pounds (the pair I got alone weigh about 3.5 pounds). They no longer had the 2 missing pairs in stock so I requested a refund. They came back multiple times, even after an escalation, saying that the box weight was correct so they could provide me with a credit as a one time exception but not a refund, not to mention their ability to provide an update on a matter is laughable.....and when they do, it is a straight up blurb! When someone is angry, blurbing them is the worst thing u can do! They never once backed up any information regarding their claims of the Wright being correct either, as in saying they contacted the warehouse who confirmed each box weighed x amount and was a x b x c dimensions. I highly doubt this was even done because if it was, it would be clear as day that only one pair was sent.....this process took almost 2 MONTHS!!!!! I have many years of customer service with a fortune 500 company under my belt and am fully aware that this is completely unacceptable in both their methods of resolving an issue and the time frames of their scrappy excuse of a resolution! Beware! If you order u probably won't get it and they Will just force u to buy more of their crappy products that you just might not get......but if u don't they probably won't do anything anyway. HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!!!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by sashanne on February 11 2015 02:49:05 PM

"Do not EVER order from The Avenue online site or shop in the store! Its a joke-
I placed an order on 1/12/15 and I still have not received the order. No one ever contacted me to let me know that there was a problem with the order. I continue to call the customer service department which is located over seas somewhere because each person that I have spoken with has a heavy accent.
Each day that I have called to inquire about the order, I am told different things-"its been processed; the order has gone to the fraud department to verify information-when I ask why the order is in the fraud dept., I am given a total run around answer. Today I asked to speak to a manager when I called and Candy the CSRep said-"we don't have managers". When I inquired about that information, she explained that there are no managers but Avenue has supervisors. I waited on hold for 20 minutes to speak to Milo, the Supervisor. When I asked about all of this I was told that the Customer Service dept does not communicate with the fraud dept. so they have no idea what is holding the order up. UNREAL. I have cancelled the order and let Milo know I would be doing this review.
Do not order from the avenue. The company cannot be trusted.

modified review This review was modified by caom on February 10 2015 10:14:44 AM

"DO NOT ORDER ONLINE. I PUT IN A ON JANUARY 9 AND STILL NO PRODUCT. I HAVE CALLED MANY TIMES....ALL I GET IS THE RUN AROUND. BAD BUSINESS ANDROID COMMUNICATION!!!! "

"NOT worth the effort!!!
I ordered two pair of boots and had to call four days later because they still had not been shipped from the warehouse!!! The costumer service guy gave me a whole run around about there "process" and I just told him that the process was ridiculous.
Here I sit almost 9 days later with still....no boots!
The shipping services are a joke and I will NOT EVER be ordering here again, ill go to maurices were the customer service is eternally great and if I have to order from there web site....its fast efficiant and hasle free. Guess I learned the hard way with this one, hope this saves someone the headach and disappointment of incompitant stupidity.

modified review This review was modified by jjchev on January 28 2015 07:16:06 PM

"I purchased two blouses that had applique/beading on them. I followed the wash instructions and they were damaged (all the beading came off of one and the other lost a few beads)...when I called the store where I purchased (Middletown, NY) they said they could not take it back once it was worn or washed. This is insane!! I have been unable to shop there since because they will not stand behind their products. I now shop at DressBarn Woman and Macys. Just want to let everyone know what you are dealing with. Don't give Avenue anymore of your money! I've been fighting with them since the Spring when this happened!"

modified review This review was modified by Friedo711 on January 05 2015 12:47:55 PM

"Worst ordering experience I've ever had. "Customer Service" is a joke. Even though they screwed up my first order, I still had to pay for shipping. "

"Will never order from here again. I ordered two pairs of boots on December 8. One pair was a Christmas gift. On December 15th I called because my order still hadn't shipped. The young man said the warehouse was backed up and that it should
Ship within the next day or two. On December 19th I called again because the order still hadn't shipped. The young woman I spoke with was very kind and apologized several times. When I asked if I would get the order by Christmas she honestly answered probably not. She advisedevto purchase a back up gift as she couldn't garuntee delivery. On December 20th I got an email stating my order had shipped...only to find out it was one pair that is shipping and not the one that is a gift. After 12 days of waiting for an order to ship I won't even get the gift I ordered. I'm disappointed with their service enough that I will be returning both items on principle alone.

modified review This review was modified by Jlkld on December 21 2014 02:25:43 PM

"This is what I wrote to Customer Contact
The display of the most HORRIBLE, and HORRENDOUS customer service that I have ever seen anywhere, and at anytime, what we saw today displayed by 2 women in at the Brandon, FL store located at 2430 West Brandon Boulevard, Brandon, FL 33511
by 2 women who both claimed to be "The Head Managers" a girl and an older woman.
In my estimation and the people around the counter witnessed extreme ANTAGONISM, DISCRIMINATION, AGGRESSIVE HARASSMENT, accusations, BULLYING and the ultimate RUDENESS we have ever seen towards a young woman, who was returning items that this young woman had a receipt for... there should have been NO questions asked, as ALL the tags were still clearly affixed, and she had not worn them. the first girl examined them with a demeaning attitude, and they would NOT return one shirt that CLEARLY was damaged when it left the store. an unbelievable statement that we over heard the first girl say when the woman said that the pants were to big for her, first girl with the " other "head manager" standing right there, looked at the woman and said "These are too big for YOU?" Making all of us feel mortified that this store clerk would say anything so horrible, and that is just ONE example of the ABUSE suffered by this young woman.(even at the end, this store clerk with the other right there, said in the most sarcastic manner something to the effect of " well we hope your day gets better"
We have never seen anything so awful!
We could not believe that these 2 woman treated this young woman as a Second class citizen, what appeared to us, as accusing her of stealing, when she had the receipt for ALL the items, with tags still attached.
we could not believe the actions of these 2 clerks, store "managers" and in my opinion their disgusting and blatant disrespect for another human being.
I will NEVER step foot in another " The Avenue" again for as long as I live, as well as the other women who said the same thing.
I am APPALLED and feel DEFILED by these 2 women, store clerk "managers" and what I witnessed, heard and saw by them.
The company needs to state " we do NOT accept any returns for any reason" if this is the desired policy.
I am SICKENED by this.
Makes me wonder IF this company has any sense of decency.

modified review This review was modified by Nonna421 on December 19 2014 09:58:57 PM

Share Avenue's store rating

Avenue is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Avenue is not a merchant member
Avenue does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!