• Avenue

Product & services pricing Rating 2.31/10 2.31/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.18/10 0.18/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.27/10 2.27/10

2015-07-06

"I have been shopping at the Bolingbrook IL Avenue store for as long as it has been there. We moved into Bolingbrook in 1999 and I do not know how long the store has been there.
The receipt # below was bought over 60 days ago. While I have returned other items I have never tried returning after the 60 days; actually I did not even know it was stated on the back of the receipt. Well when I tried to get a refund the store assistant laughed saying that even though I had receipt all they could refund was the current price less 30% more. The item was bought for $24.99 and is now on sale for $19.99 plus 30% more off or about $14.00 or a loss of $10 because I could not get back in the store until today. I respect the people I work with and interact at stores. It is unimaginable that a sales person would laugh at me when explaining a reduced refund. Not a very good representative for Avenue Customer-facing."

This review was modified by mj-h-edwards on July 07 2015 04:42:12 AM

2015-06-29

"I have shopped at Avenue for several years. I usually do not leave the store without spending at least a couple hundred dollars. I agree that the customer service is severely lacking, but that is not usually a problem, as I prefer to shop alone and not be bothered while I decide what I want. It is kind of a pain to have to track someone down when you need to get a dressing room unlocked, but I too, don't usually care about that either.

However, the quality of the clothing is not recently been up to par. The seams on some of the shirts tend to come out after a few wears, and the beading comes off on items that are tagged as machine washable. I usually do my machine washable items with beads on delicate.

This time was the last straw though. I am not one to return items. I hate the hassle of going back to the store and going through the return process. I take the tags off and throw away the receipts because I very rarely return items, and because the purchase can always be looked up on my card statements. This time I made an exception and decided to exchange something. I just purchased a pair of denim shorts and a pair of denim pants on June 8th. They were the same style, same size, and both fit the same. Slightly larger than I need, I'm normally an 18, but I bought a 20, needing a belt to hold them up, but I prefer that to tighter clothes. I've worn the pants several times and washed them with no problems.

I then wore the shorts, and washed them. When I removed them from the washing machine, the stitching had come out along the zipper. Now these shorts are slightly loose on me, so the size was not the problem, and the stitches weren't ripped out, the thread literally unraveled all in one long thread leaving the zipper no longer attached to the jeans for about an inch and a half. I took them back to the store, waited in line, and put the shorts on the counter. I pleasantly explained the above information to the person at the counter who happened to be the store manager. She did not even look at the defective product. She simply told me that they do not accept returns on items that do not have the tag attached. Excuse me?! Why would I wear the item with the tag on it. I'm not returning something because it didn't fit, or i didn't like it. I'm returning it because it is DEFECTIVE! Obviously I would have worn them without the tag. She did not care, she simply stated that was their policy. I insisted on the corporate office number since she was the store manager. She gave me someones cell which I promptly got voicemail. I then called the 888 number from their website and after explaining the situation was told that I would have to take the issue up with the store manager. This is terrible customer service. What does this say for the quality of their clothing when they will not back up the things they sell and allow you to return or exchange them if the item is defective?

I will no longer be a customer of Avenue. There are too many stores in town that have excellent options for plus sized women to have to put up with this stores ridiculous business practices and poor quality. "

This review was modified by cherield on June 29 2015 06:47:28 PM

2015-06-04

"I purchased some bras during a buy one get one 50% off sale. In addition you could use a coupon code online for $40 off $100. I decided to return 3 out of the 4 bras along with a shirt from another order. I used one shipping label and was charged shipping on both orders. In addition when I received my credit I only received credit for 2 bras and not the correct amount. They are stating that the third bra is a clearance item because the amount of the price ends in a 6. I spent over an hour on the phone with customer service explaining this was not a clearance item. I spent a $106 so the $40 off coupons make each item approx 37.73% off. Buy one at $32 and get the second one at $16.00. $16 - 37.73% is $9.96. This does not make the item clearance. So the "Team Leader" states they will send my complaint for review and a final decision will be make on whether they will refund my money. Remember I bought 4 bras and returned 3. They refunded one of the$9.96 bras but will not do the other. This store is stealing from its customers. First on not properly issuing a refund and second how can they charge for a shipping label that was never used. I wasted an hour of my time trying to explain how to properly refund these items and 2 employees and 1 team leader later and they still can't do the math. I am done having my money stolen at the avenue."

This review was modified by jbean54956 on June 04 2015 10:04:47 AM

2015-06-03

"Absolutely horrid return policy and exorbitant shipping rates. Ordered online and attempted to return due to the fact that the pants were enormous on me. Apparently returns under $12 are "unacceptable" and can either be donated or be returned if you pay the $7 shipping rate, which by the time you order and want to return, exceeds the value of the item altogether.

It's obviously a bad policy (goes without saying) and a deterrent from having anyone buy your sale items whatsoever. There's a reason why stores with no hassle returns succeed and why I will always continue to choose to patron their establishments and not Avenue."

This review was modified by aclr on June 03 2015 12:47:31 PM

2015-05-27

"I am very upset. i tried to return some pants i bought at the Pasadena location 3385 East Foothill Blvd. Pasadena, CA 91107, and the cashier in the front was so rude. this is the second time i've gotten attitude from her. She accused me of wearing the pants. And i assured her i didnt and the tag was still attached. i wanted to exchange because they were way too big. She said didn't i realize that when i tried them on? I cant believe she said that to me! there was a wrinkle because they were thrown in the bag when i bought them, and i never wore them and i just cant believe how rude her and her manager was. i have shopped at Avenue for a long time and this is the last time i will ever go there. Now I'm stuck with pants there are too big. "

This review was modified by KimberlyGavin8585 on May 27 2015 05:43:05 PM

2015-05-07

"I am writing to express my extreme displeasure in the quality of the clothing that I purchased from the Avenue. I am posting this review online because their return policy doesn't allow for me to return the items that I purchased. I purchased two pairs of capri pants, both of which have zippers that will not stay zipped for longer than a few minutes. The pants are the appropriate size so this is not a result of the pants being too tight. The dress that I purchased also already has threads unraveling, and again, I have only worn it once. As this was the first time that I have ordered, I had higher expectations of quality. I will certainly never order again. "

2015-05-05

"I also a bunch of items online. I made the mistake of cutting off a tag before I tried the kimono on. Needless to say it looked like a sheet. Horrible fit! I took it back to the store tor return it within a week of purchasing it with the receipt and they told me they could not accept it without the original tag. I couldn't find the tag. I somehow managed to lose it. I will never buy from them again!! I didn't even offer me a store credit. I used to spend a lot of money at this store but not anymore!"

This review was modified by crg1069 on May 05 2015 06:46:51 AM

2015-03-28

"I purchased a pair of pants from the store in the Security Square Mall in Maryland. When I put them on, I realized that they were too big and took them off. I had already thrown away my original tag and threw it away the previous day. I didn't think any issue would come up because I had my original receipt. When I tried to return it to the store, they refused to take it, stating that it was their policy to have the original tag. Now I am stuck with a pair of paints that are too big. I immediately cancelled my account with Avenue and I don't plan on doing any other business with them, WHATSOEVER!!! "

2015-03-20

"Placed an order with Avenue in February 2015. The store cancel the order since items were not available and send money back. Placed a second order and a third order. A couple days later I notice that money was debit from Avenue. I was not sure why since the bank had debited the second and third order. While I was trying to find out. Two (2) packages arrive at my home. I open them and saw that the first package contain items from the first order that originally Avenue had cancel and notice that a piece of jewelry I had order had been substitute and it was damage. The second package had items I had order but one item was missing a peach blouse. I return the first order and partial on the second order. I contacted Avenue on the phone with no luck trying to get a resolution. I also have send several emails in regards to this issue. I contacted the customer service and spoke with Ray who stated that he was going to send an incident report to head quarters since he was unable to resolve this issue of the substitute damage jewelry and missing item. I got a phone call days later stating that the item they receive was damage and cannot credit my account that if I pay $7 dollars and some cents the item will be returned to me or it can be donated in my name to a charity organization. In regards to the missing item the peach blouse I got an email stating that they will send me the blouse until today I have not received nothing. And no one will answer my questions in regards to get my credit back for the two items.
Resolution: Want my money back for the Rhinestone Aztec Cuff that was not send and substitute with a different item that it was damage and it was return send the credit in the amount of $9.80 and on the second order the amount of $57.65 for Ruffle Trim Shirt peach blouse that was missing. Shoppers beware you may get substitute damage items, missing items, and you may not get your credit refund. Please DONT do business with this online store, unless you want headaches and be rip-off of your hard earn money.

2015-03-15

"I am a long time customer of the Avenue and lately I have been very unhappy with the quality of their clothes. I don't abuse my clothes and I follow the washing instructions. Recently I tried to return a pair of legging, a shirt and a bra to my local Avenue. The women at the register, who I thought was the store manager, looked at my shirt and told me that they didn't sell it in that store. It is a black and white top with a metal bar across the front. The tag in the shirt says "Avenue"on it. The bar seems to be too heavy and droops down upside down, like the material stretched. She told me that sometimes they get things that are returns from the catalog . I don't order my clothes on line because I like to try them on before buying. She wouldn't do anything about my shirt. She told the other women working there" This is my style and you know if we sold this top I would have bought one". I put my finger through the back of my bra when I was taking it off. I did buy it last year but have only worn it a couple of times. Again I was told that there was nothing that could be done about the bra. Too old. My leggings were bought with a gift card I got for Christmas. The seem in the back side has stretched so that you can see the wholes where the sewing needle went through. The light shines through the wholes. She told me she might be able to do something about the leggings. She went to the rack and didn't see anymore. She said something about buying things on clearance, sales are final. The other women came over to see the clothes and asked if I had my receipt. I told them no but I charge all my clothes and asked if they could look up my charge history. They said that isn't something that can be done. The women pointed to the sign on the counter and said that I should reread the return policy. They only take returns within 30 days with a sales slip. I asked for the customer service # and put my clothes back in the bag and left telling them that I was not going to shop at the Avenue any more and would be cancelling my charge. If I knew the clothes would fall apart after only wearing once of twice I would never have bought them. I have 2 other tops in my closet that have also started the come apart. One is a turquoise blouse with flat metal type beads that are sewn on that came off after washing once. The other top has sequins across the neckline that have come off also. I also have a pair of jean shorts that have a decorative trim of metal grommets along the pockets have cut my hand my I put my hand in the pockets. They have loosened and have very sharp edges. I am very dissatisfied with the quality and service and won't shop at the Avenue again."

This review was modified by jgcma on March 15 2015 10:33:57 AM

2015-03-04

"I'm a long-time Avenue customer, but their return and exchange policies for online shoppers are HORRIBLE. I bought a top online hoping to wear it to a holiday event. It finally arrived right before the event but was too big. I brought it into my local Avenue store to exchange for a smaller size, and guess what...their policy is that the customer has to pay the difference between what they paid at the time of purchase and what the store is currently charging for that item. WHAT??!? Who does that??? In my case, I had used a coupon code and paid $18 for the top and the store was currently charging $55. What a crazy policy! I still haven't been able to find it disclosed anywhere in print, and I think if you're going to have a policy that is that bizarre and outside the norm for mainstream retailers, you need to disclose it in big, bold, easy-to-find print. Then this past weekend, I brought some boots to my local store for a refund (they didn't fit). I wasn't going to try to mess with exchanges and price differences again! But guess what? If you check out using paypal, you can only get a store credit, not a refund. Come on, Avenue...what in the what is going on with your customer-unfriendly policies these days??!? I don't care if that's your policy, but make it beyond clear at the time of checkout, because it's weird and would never in a million years be intuitive to a seasoned online shopper -- had I been alerted to your crazy paypal policy, I would have simply checked out directly using the same credit card that I used when I checked out via paypal."

This review was modified by JennyinMA on March 05 2015 07:33:19 AM

2015-02-11

"NEVER NEVER NEVER order from this company! I ordered 3 pairs of knee high boots but only received A 14x14x7 box that weighed just under 5 pounds on Fed ex's website. I inquired about the other 2 pairs and it took 2 weeks for them to tell me that their records show all 3 were shipped. Anyone who has ordred knee high boots can clearly understand that 3 pairs would not fit inside a box with those dimensions and it would be quite a bit more than 5 pounds (the pair I got alone weigh about 3.5 pounds). They no longer had the 2 missing pairs in stock so I requested a refund. They came back multiple times, even after an escalation, saying that the box weight was correct so they could provide me with a credit as a one time exception but not a refund, not to mention their ability to provide an update on a matter is laughable.....and when they do, it is a straight up blurb! When someone is angry, blurbing them is the worst thing u can do! They never once backed up any information regarding their claims of the Wright being correct either, as in saying they contacted the warehouse who confirmed each box weighed x amount and was a x b x c dimensions. I highly doubt this was even done because if it was, it would be clear as day that only one pair was sent.....this process took almost 2 MONTHS!!!!! I have many years of customer service with a fortune 500 company under my belt and am fully aware that this is completely unacceptable in both their methods of resolving an issue and the time frames of their scrappy excuse of a resolution! Beware! If you order u probably won't get it and they Will just force u to buy more of their crappy products that you just might not get......but if u don't they probably won't do anything anyway. HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!!!!!!"

This review was modified by sashanne on February 11 2015 02:49:05 PM

2015-02-10

"Do not EVER order from The Avenue online site or shop in the store! Its a joke-
I placed an order on 1/12/15 and I still have not received the order. No one ever contacted me to let me know that there was a problem with the order. I continue to call the customer service department which is located over seas somewhere because each person that I have spoken with has a heavy accent.
Each day that I have called to inquire about the order, I am told different things-"its been processed; the order has gone to the fraud department to verify information-when I ask why the order is in the fraud dept., I am given a total run around answer. Today I asked to speak to a manager when I called and Candy the CSRep said-"we don't have managers". When I inquired about that information, she explained that there are no managers but Avenue has supervisors. I waited on hold for 20 minutes to speak to Milo, the Supervisor. When I asked about all of this I was told that the Customer Service dept does not communicate with the fraud dept. so they have no idea what is holding the order up. UNREAL. I have cancelled the order and let Milo know I would be doing this review.
Do not order from the avenue. The company cannot be trusted. "

This review was modified by caom on February 10 2015 10:14:44 AM

2015-01-29

"DO NOT ORDER ONLINE. I PUT IN A ON JANUARY 9 AND STILL NO PRODUCT. I HAVE CALLED MANY TIMES....ALL I GET IS THE RUN AROUND. BAD BUSINESS ANDROID COMMUNICATION!!!! "

2015-01-28

"NOT worth the effort!!!
I ordered two pair of boots and had to call four days later because they still had not been shipped from the warehouse!!! The costumer service guy gave me a whole run around about there "process" and I just told him that the process was ridiculous.
Here I sit almost 9 days later with still....no boots!
The shipping services are a joke and I will NOT EVER be ordering here again, ill go to maurices were the customer service is eternally great and if I have to order from there web site....its fast efficiant and hasle free. Guess I learned the hard way with this one, hope this saves someone the headach and disappointment of incompitant stupidity."

This review was modified by jjchev on January 28 2015 07:16:06 PM

Share Avenue's store rating

Avenue is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Avenue is not a merchant member
Avenue does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!