• Autoplicity

• Address: 5631 Dempster St.
    • Contact: support@autoplicity.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.15/10 8.15/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.82/10 6.82/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.88/10 7.88/10

"Avoid this seller.

Ordered two of the same item, received order in two days, Awesome I thought, until I opened the box.
Inside was one item, no shipping invoice, no mention of missing item or backorder.
Called their 800 number, after several tries got through to someone, I was told they would check order and call me back.
Never heard back, so I tried their email contact.
Received a response after two more days, was told they would check.
This went on for several weeks, was told they were going to ship by the end of the week, then the end of the month.
Two weeks later, I contacted them again, and told them I went item or refund.
Their next response was a tracking number for the item, item was received almost 8 weeks after first ordered.
Will not purchase from them again ....

"First of all, I would give this company zero stars if I could. The frustration they have caused me, along with their blaze attitude toward customer satisfaction, makes me wish I never stumbled across them.

Found out about this company through f150forum.com. Seemed like a legit auto retailer. Guy by the name of Keith has a long running post on there advertising low prices on bed covers. I emailed him on 8/13 to inquire about a bed cover for my truck. He responded on 8/14 with a lower price than I was able to find anywhere else on the web. I told him to send me an invoice via PayPal which he almost immediately did, and I paid it then. The order was processed on 8/17, and I received an email that the cover would ship on 9/4. I felt like that was a long time to wait, but the price was what kept me going forward.

Fast forward to 9/1, I emailed Keith to make sure I was still scheduled to ship on 9/4, and he replied he would let me know. Nothing else until 9/4 when I emailed again, and he advised that the warehouse received my order, but it had been lost. I told him I wanted a refund, to which he replied "I'll keep you posted". This went on for a few days and Keith acted like he all of a sudden didn't know how to use PayPal anymore. I had to escalate a claim with paypal just for them to give me my refund, which I finally received on 9/9. But wait! There's more!

On the evening of Friday 9/11 the bed cover arrived on my doorstep. Being the honest person I am, even knowing Keith probably had no idea that it had been shipped at all, I contacted him and let him know I had received it. He all of a sudden knew how to use PayPal again and wanted to invoice me again for it or send it back. I asked that since I went through so much trouble and it would cost him to have it sent back, if he could discount the price further and I would pay for it. I have not received any contact from Keith since then.

On 9/15 I received an email from joel, a member of the support team, with 1 return label. Mind you there were two boxes sent to me. I contacted joel and told him there were 2 boxes and that I would need 2 labels, and he told me just to put the same label on both boxes. 9/16 went to ups store and they told me what I already knew, that I needed 2 separate labels. Sent the big box back and called joel, no call back. Emailed joel, and today 9/18 just got a response back of, I will forward the new label to you when I get it.

I have never dealt with a company that handled things this way before. There was absolutely no regard for my satisfaction, and not even a thank you for being honest about receiving the order that they couldn't even figure out had shipped.

"On 8/31/2015 I submitted an online order from Autoplicity for a jeep part which they showed they had in stock for immediate shipment. An immediate payment was made to them from my PayPal account. The order confirmation email said "This item will be shipping directly from the manufacture and takes about 1-3 business days to process and then ship directly to you.".

On 9/8, 8 days later, instead of receiving the part, I got an email from Autoplicity which said "This part is in processing and shipping directly from the manufacturer to you....however, part number is on a back order until 10/7/15 Please advise if you would like to keep on back order or have it cancelled for a full refund." I immediately responded with the following email "Please cancel my order. I have no desire to wait that long when I can buy it in stock many other places, as your site said you had it in stock I bought it from you.". Shortly after, Autoplicity responded with the following email "Hi, I have submitted for this to be cancelled as per your request.".

One week later on 9/15 I received the following email from Autoplicity "We wanted to update you on your order 297056 and let you know the approximate updated ship date is 10/7/2015. Thanks so much for being patient and let us know if your looking for something else during that time." which implies that the order had not been cancelled, therefore no refund had been made. I immediately phoned Autoplicity and the person I spoke to said the order was in a "Pending process for cancellation". I referenced the prior emails and timing of my original cancellation and demand for refund, and insisted on an immediate cancellation and refund. I was put on hold for 5 minutes and the person told me the order was now cancelled, but the refund may take up to 72 Hours. I said that is too long, that I want an immediate refund.

Since they could get my payment immediately when I ordered it, It suggests that any delay is a dishonest way to hold customers funds longer for profitable use of those funds. I am extremely upset that they showed the part was in stock and charged me when the part was not in stock and would not be for 5 weeks! It is even worse that they delay the cancellation and refund for another week, until I called to complain. I have just checked PayPal and show no refund yet, 30 minutes after they said the have initiated a refund.

This review was modified by MailManDan on September 15 2015 12:49:53 PM

"I placed an order with Autoplicity on September 9 for $417.57. The parts arrived on September 14. When I opened the box, I was surprised when one of the boxes said "Perrin" instead of "Alta". They sent me a part for a Subaru instead of a Mini. The part costs $70 more than the part I needed, but does me no good. I called Autoplicity and was told that their system is down and there was nothing they could do right now. They said they would call me back when their system comes back up, but that was hours ago. I have a car that is torn apart in my garage, and this company is going to do nothing to rectify the situation."

"Bought a complete set of EBC brake products for my car. Best price I found. Customer service people I dealt with seemed OK-to-good (that means they were pleasant and professional). From there: downhill/big-time. First of all, delivery was impacted by the shipping issues off the US West Coast during the last year. But only the manufacturer (EBC is a great company that makes a great product) could/would tell me about that (I'd begun dealing with them directly on this out of shear frustration). Actual arrival of parts completed in about 6 months! From Autoplicity all I got was unsubstantiated new dates with no explanation. Then I found out that the front brake pads they sent me were for the wrong car (other parts all correct), a problem against which they warranty in "loud" terms on their website. They also, separately guaranty (again, "loudly") customer satisfaction. I sent the pads back and they said they were "used". What??? Turns out that during shipping, there were a couple of tiny chips of paint dislodged from the non-functional frame surface of one of the pads. There was no denial that the pad surfaces were still "virgin". They held by their claim that the pads were "used" and denied my refund/credit/exchange. Then also found out that they are NOT an authorized distributor for EBC: they seem to be working some kind of under-the-table deal to get goods, which somehow lowers price but screws up service. MY SITUATION WAS A RIPOFF! STRONGLY RECOMMEND CAUTION...BETTER YET PAY A LITTLE MORE AND GO TO A MORE REPUTABLE COMPANY - - IGNORE THE WEBSITE SYMBOLS GUARANTYING SATISFACTION"

This review was modified by millarf on September 09 2015 12:59:52 PM

"If I could give less then 1 star I would. Ordered a part through Amazon two weeks ago, it should have been delivered four days ago. As they charged my card and indicated that the item had been shipped. Then they promised me for the last three days that they would overnight it. Email today says sorry they can not fill the order. "

"Ordered a part a month ago. called a week ago, and got no answers as to the my order. Customer service rep. was extremely rude. Called today to cancel my order and 2 hours later I received a e-mail stating the order had shipped. obviously they finally got around to filling the order after canceled it. When I called back to let them know I had canceled the order earlier and ordered the part from another company they stated it was to late to cancel. I will be refusing their parts.
Do not buy from autoplicity!!!! Terrible company.

This review was modified by twincities48 on August 19 2015 12:03:28 PM

"great price
fast shipping
will buy here for life

"Cheapest price I found. Super fast shipping!!"

"after reading other negative reviews I looked into ordering my parts from a couple of other well known companies. They were higher in price and out of stock. So I pulled the trigger on Autoplicity. It was a little hard to find my part on the website but when I did it said they had it in stock. I placed my order and got e mail confirmation and order number. Two days later it was sitting on the doorstep. So I was very happy and figured I'd post. "

This review was modified by fishingfever on August 15 2015 05:08:19 PM

"Cheaper prices than anywhere else on 1965 Mustang timing cover, and it showed up in one day via FedEx when they estimated 3-5."

This review was modified by mafker on August 14 2015 10:13:45 AM

"Purchased a wire set from this company when I received it, it had missing parts. Emailed them about it took 2 days for them to respond. When they did respond, talk to a lady that was supposed to get back with me on this situation never heard anything back. So I called and was directed to this shipping manager which Intel he was supposed to call me back. Needless to say I never heard back from him. So I called back again and was on hold for 20 minutes. At that point I felt like I was getting the runaround. So I tried emailing this company one more time and still have not heard back from them on this matter. Highly disappointed in the customer service of this company I do not recommend buying anything from them at all. As for me, will never shop at this place again or recommend it to anyone."

"Well laid out website, with the best prices I could find anywhere. Shipped quickly"

This review was modified by anon29 on August 11 2015 02:48:25 PM

"Better prices than I could find anywhere else. It was also nice to know if the product would fit my truck or not. "

"Gave best price for parts. Easy to navigate website. Received confirmation e mail right after ordering. Parts were shipped promptly via FedEx."

This review was modified by Zippy69 on August 11 2015 12:08:12 PM

Share Autoplicity's store rating

Autoplicity is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Autoplicity is not a merchant member
Autoplicity does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!