Stores > Automotix

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Automotix by clicking a star below.
2017-09-02

Awesome experience

"The alternator for my BMW died and I immediately started searching online for prices. Automotix kept coming up. I was able to compare prices online and at the store. On Sunday night 08/27/17 I ordered my alternator. After placing my order I went online to do research (I know backwards) I was so worried because of all the bad reviews however I said heck you can't believe everything online and I talked myself into going to sleep and just wait. On day 1 I got an email that my order was processed and on the way. By Friday I had gotten my part like it said on the email on the day promised. My husband and I had a great experience and we will buy again. We often spend time to write or review when we are not happy however forget to tell our story when things are good. Thank you very much automotix. I am back on the road and didn't have to break the bank."

2017-08-23

DELIVERY TIME FALSELY ADVERTISED

"Ordered a 2011 Dodge Nitro Rear Drive Shaft from www.automotix.net. Online ad specifically states delivery 2-3 days, Upon tracking found this order took 3 days to process and has not shipped. Called customer service and the rep demonstrated a NO CARE ATTITUDE. (Take it or Cancel It) Would not have ordered if this slow shipping method was made available. Will not order again"

2017-07-14

call before you order

"Automotix's customer service is very poor. I needed a new radio/cd player for my Impala because the old one kicked the bucket. When I went online to order, the part description was vague. They did offer a description for the stock part (meaning no upgrade, just buying a working version of my current part), but there were other parts in the description. This was confusing and led me to believe "they probably list different parts so you know that THIS part will fit your car if it has these parts." The image, however, was for a really nice radio with an Auxiliary input which mine currently doesn't have. I went ahead and bought that because that would be great to have.

Today I received the same stock part that is in my car now. When I called to ask what happened, the customer service rep was very defensive and said that that they use stock photos, as if I shouldn't expect to receive what is pictured. The rep was rude and failed to hear where I (the customer) was coming from. I was simply told that it was my responsibility to call Automotix before the order was placed to make sure it was clear. How many online stores require you to call first? That defeats the purpose and shows an unprofessional model.

I don't even write reviews-- I was just so frustrated after this experience. I'd say don't use Automotix unless you know exactly what you're getting beyond a shadow of a doubt. And if you need to call customer service, take a deep breath beforehand.

2017-06-29

Negative stars

"I ordered a transmission for my daughter's car that supposedly only had 72000 on it. It comes in and my mechanic installs it and calls me and says it slams when it goes into gear and shifts hard. I pick it up and it slams when going from park to drive but only shifts hard at high RPMs so my daughter uses it for work and it slowly gets worse and worse till it won't even let the car start. We have it towed to a shop and they put it on for diagnostic and say the transmission is junk. We call automotix and it takes over 3 days to hear back and get a form emailed to us and fill it out and send back once at the shop. Sent it in and heard nothing for almost 2 weeks. I emailed them last night about it and today I get an email back saying they will not cover it cause it had 1400 miles on it. Well the warranty is for 12000 miles. I played 850.00 for a junk trans and 300 for install 50 for diagnostic and 200 for the tow. To be told they are voiding my warranty. I will be contacting a lawyer the first of the week. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever had to deal with. I would not suggest anyone ever buy anything from this bunch of thieves. If you see a good rating anywhere about them it is cause they rated themselves. I think they are nothing but a huge scam and should be shut down. I will be contacting the BBB as well as a lawyer next week. "

2017-06-06

Sells a defective part then makes it impossible to get through to them! Horrible!

"Very poor customer service!
The part I ordered Invoice No. 85349952 was obviously not checked before shipping and the cassette did not work. When I tried to call to inquire about returning it for an exchange, I waited half an hour while on hold for RETURNS. I called back and this time chose PURCHASES on the phone tree. After 15 minutes waiting, the lady operator told me she would tranfer me to RETURNS!
I waited 15 minutes again and hung up.
I will never deal with Automotix again and will discourage friends as well. VERY DISSAPOINTED!

Arthur Duffy
Oakland, Ca

2017-02-09

Do not buy from them

" Do not buy from them !!! Poor customer service. Should not have to double pay for wrong item. I ordered the radio for Dodge G/Caravan/ But i got the old amplifier. And now i cant return that back and to get back my money. Scam! Junk!"

2017-01-17

Great Company with lots of options

"I purchased an AM/FM radio/CD player for my 02 BMW 325Ci . They had a number of options and made sure that I was ordering the right model for my car. The price was good and the radio arrived quickly, had the proper connections, wiring and worked perfectly."

2017-01-13

Fast Service

"Order was placed on 12/12/16 and received on 12/15/16. The part was a replacement side-view mirror and was an exact match, even the color. Very impressed!"

2017-01-11

Quick delivery!

"The whole ordering process was easy, and communication was excellent. The factory radio we received was in excellent condition and we received it fast as well. Would definitely use again if needed!"

2017-01-11

Sent wrong part!!!!!

"Ordered drivers mirror power. Sent manual. Want me to buy another and wait for refund. Ridiculous. No way to drive to work cause of them. In the interest of good customer service this item should be overnighted and they wait for return. But customer service evidently is not part of this companys profile. Do not buy from them !!! Poor customer service. Should not have to double pay for wrong item. "

2016-08-29

Garbage

"Hello. I have already called and gotten a refund processed for the ****, garbage A/C compressor you guys sent me. Not only did the part not work, it wouldn't even turn on.

First of all, the part was shipped in a box about 5 times too large for the size, with no packing material whatsoever. Even if the part worked before you sent it to me, it's unlikely that it would work after being shipped like that. It was leaking coolant all over the place, and the box was falling apart and soggy from coolant, which is dangerous for anyone to touch or breathe, by the way. I'm surprised it even made it to my house without just falling out of the fucking box somewhere along the way. I wanted to just return the thing right then, but figured I might as well see if it worked after spending time and effort and money ordering it.

Have some fucking pride in your product. I know it's a used part, but at least test it to see if it still works before just throwing it in an empty box with no cushioning and wasting your own time and your customer's time by sending it to them.

Not only did you waste my time sending me a useless piece of trash, I had to wait for hours and pay $90 in labor to have it installed. So when I get another part that actually fucking works (FROM ANOTHER SERVICE BECAUSE I WILL NEVER USE THIS SERVICE AGAIN) I'm going to have to pay another fucking $90. Your representative said that they don't reimburse for labor, which is bullshit. It is a cost incurred because of your terrible, useless product.

2016-08-17

hard to deal with but

"I ordered a part that was promised to me within 2 days after ordering it didn't show for 5 days. When it showed the box looked as if it went through a War.
They were hard to deal with as far as customer service goes.
But in the end they apologized and made things right.
I'm not sure if I will ever do business again with them.
1 star up to 3 stars.

2016-07-26

What a Nightmare

"All I can say is you best be sure the part you are ordering is EXACTLY what you need because returning a part is a NIGHTMARE. First let me say there add saying shipping is free is ONLY if you are shipping to a business. Now as far as the return goes they were only going to return me 1/3 the cost of the part if they had to come pick it up. So I drove it to their closest drop off location which was 50 miles away. Even with dropping it off I was CHARGED over 1/3 the cost of the part to return it. The drop off location has no real affiliation with this company so their "systems" are not synced so they could not even offer me a receipt showing I returned it. Besides the lady who took my order over the phone, who was very nice, the other people I spoke to were not very friendly at all and the whole operation just seemed unprofessional and hokey. I would highly recommend dealing direct with your local used parts store and or salvage yard and only use this company if you are desperate and have no other choice."

2016-07-16

warning

"Poor website, a waste of time and money. The manual I downloaded and paid for was useless. I found better info on Youtube."

2016-06-28

Don't do it!1

"Bought a windshield visor, took 10 days to ship, when it got here it was suppose to be tan but was grey. Called them and they don't guarantee color. So basically if you order black, you could get any color and they tell you to pack sand. Also, it looked like it was removed with greasy hands because it had grease all over it and was filthy. Horrible, dishonest company, do not buy from them! You will be throwing money in the garbage."

Share Automotix's store rating

Automotix is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Automotix is a merchant member
Automotix participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,431 merchant members.