Stores > Automotix

Product & services pricing Rating 6.50/10 6.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.00/10 6.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.00/10 9.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
Voice your opinion! Review Automotix by clicking a star below.
2017-02-09

Do not buy from them

" Do not buy from them !!! Poor customer service. Should not have to double pay for wrong item. I ordered the radio for Dodge G/Caravan/ But i got the old amplifier. And now i cant return that back and to get back my money. Scam! Junk!"

This review was modified by vitalymontag on February 14 2017 12:00:22 AM

2017-01-17

Great Company with lots of options

"I purchased an AM/FM radio/CD player for my 02 BMW 325Ci . They had a number of options and made sure that I was ordering the right model for my car. The price was good and the radio arrived quickly, had the proper connections, wiring and worked perfectly."

This review was modified by Justbeu on January 19 2017 09:45:01 AM

2017-01-13

Fast Service

"Order was placed on 12/12/16 and received on 12/15/16. The part was a replacement side-view mirror and was an exact match, even the color. Very impressed!"

This review was modified by knwrrnfbl on January 17 2017 12:01:47 AM

2017-01-11

Quick delivery!

"The whole ordering process was easy, and communication was excellent. The factory radio we received was in excellent condition and we received it fast as well. Would definitely use again if needed!"

This review was modified by VKanzler on January 13 2017 02:00:02 PM

2017-01-11

Sent wrong part!!!!!

"Ordered drivers mirror power. Sent manual. Want me to buy another and wait for refund. Ridiculous. No way to drive to work cause of them. In the interest of good customer service this item should be overnighted and they wait for return. But customer service evidently is not part of this companys profile. Do not buy from them !!! Poor customer service. Should not have to double pay for wrong item. "

This review was modified by Pjmoats on January 13 2017 06:30:02 AM

2016-08-29

Garbage

"Hello. I have already called and gotten a refund processed for the ****, garbage A/C compressor you guys sent me. Not only did the part not work, it wouldn't even turn on.

First of all, the part was shipped in a box about 5 times too large for the size, with no packing material whatsoever. Even if the part worked before you sent it to me, it's unlikely that it would work after being shipped like that. It was leaking coolant all over the place, and the box was falling apart and soggy from coolant, which is dangerous for anyone to touch or breathe, by the way. I'm surprised it even made it to my house without just falling out of the fucking box somewhere along the way. I wanted to just return the thing right then, but figured I might as well see if it worked after spending time and effort and money ordering it.

Have some fucking pride in your product. I know it's a used part, but at least test it to see if it still works before just throwing it in an empty box with no cushioning and wasting your own time and your customer's time by sending it to them.

Not only did you waste my time sending me a useless piece of trash, I had to wait for hours and pay $90 in labor to have it installed. So when I get another part that actually fucking works (FROM ANOTHER SERVICE BECAUSE I WILL NEVER USE THIS SERVICE AGAIN) I'm going to have to pay another fucking $90. Your representative said that they don't reimburse for labor, which is bullshit. It is a cost incurred because of your terrible, useless product.

This review was modified by linseag702 on August 29 2016 08:05:13 AM

2016-08-17

hard to deal with but

"I ordered a part that was promised to me within 2 days after ordering it didn't show for 5 days. When it showed the box looked as if it went through a War.
They were hard to deal with as far as customer service goes.
But in the end they apologized and made things right.
I'm not sure if I will ever do business again with them.
1 star up to 3 stars.

This review was modified by David-Bean on August 19 2016 08:23:28 AM

2016-07-26

What a Nightmare

"All I can say is you best be sure the part you are ordering is EXACTLY what you need because returning a part is a NIGHTMARE. First let me say there add saying shipping is free is ONLY if you are shipping to a business. Now as far as the return goes they were only going to return me 1/3 the cost of the part if they had to come pick it up. So I drove it to their closest drop off location which was 50 miles away. Even with dropping it off I was CHARGED over 1/3 the cost of the part to return it. The drop off location has no real affiliation with this company so their "systems" are not synced so they could not even offer me a receipt showing I returned it. Besides the lady who took my order over the phone, who was very nice, the other people I spoke to were not very friendly at all and the whole operation just seemed unprofessional and hokey. I would highly recommend dealing direct with your local used parts store and or salvage yard and only use this company if you are desperate and have no other choice."

This review was modified by awhinnie on July 26 2016 01:38:16 PM

2016-07-16

warning

"Poor website, a waste of time and money. The manual I downloaded and paid for was useless. I found better info on Youtube."

2016-06-28

Don't do it!1

"Bought a windshield visor, took 10 days to ship, when it got here it was suppose to be tan but was grey. Called them and they don't guarantee color. So basically if you order black, you could get any color and they tell you to pack sand. Also, it looked like it was removed with greasy hands because it had grease all over it and was filthy. Horrible, dishonest company, do not buy from them! You will be throwing money in the garbage."

This review was modified by hall1409 on June 28 2016 06:19:56 PM

2015-12-01

"I am very pleased with Automotix.com. I ordered a replacement door for my car from them. I ordered it online, I did Not call customer service. The email communication was very good, and the door was shipped in a very timely manner. I only gave Automotix.com 4 stars overall, because the door was scratched during shipping (I don't care because my car isn't that great). Also, one of the electrical plugs was damaged. The wires were torn out of it. It looked like it was damaged when the door was removed from the car. I am very handy and was able to fix it, but a normal person may have had problems. I am very happy because I would have had a very hard time finding this part by myself, especially the color. Thank you Automotix! One more note, Automotix is LKQ, which apparently is a very popular salvage yard among mechanics."

2015-08-07

"No stars. They are terrible....
I was looking for a used cross member(torsion bar setup, holds the keys in place) for a 1995 Tahoe, that shares the same part as a number of Yukon, and Tahoe models. I was directed to a phone rep who knew VERY little about autos, who then tried to tell me I was ordering the last one in the continental US, and he asked for more than GM would have charged for the piece of steel new. I bailed on that transaction before we got any further. I had already ordered a lower A Arm for the same truck, 4 days earlier, paid in full. When I received the ORDER PROCESSED email 6 days after the order was placed, there was no tracking number. I waited another 2 days and emailed them for an update. No response. I called them the following day and was told it was on it's way to a carrier and the tracking would update online the next day...2 days after that, no online tracking info. I called again, and was told "there is an email from the yard to my manager noting the part was unsellable, but they are getting you another, I'll call you back with an update today."
They call back 2 hours later (on the alternate phone # for shipping) and tell us they are refunding the money, expect to see it about 5 business days. From my standpoint, I had to call them 3 times, they told me fairy tales each time, and then can't source a simple part for an American vehicle. They don't pull parts until they have the money, and then they can't refund a charge in a timely fashion. NEVER AGAIN. Steer clear of these folks they are taking money for parts they can't deliver. Customer service is horrible. If I hadn't called, when would they have let me know??? If the money isn't refunded quickly, I will file with the BBB.....update....refund complete....they still blow

2015-06-24

"I got a computer for my Tacoma and it turned out to be a wiring problem so I sent it back. I had never even opened the box. And I didn't get a credit on my credit card so I called my credit card company and they just called and said they never received it. A dishonest company so do not buy anything from them and won't respond to your emails."

2015-06-18

"Well, I ordered a tranny for my 04 Nissan murano for 1788.00. Before completing said order, the rep had taken my vin number from me, to insure it was the correct transmission. She said it was. Sooooo, I wait the 5 days, came in fine. Everything seemed great! I dropped my truck off before that weekend, at my mechanics shop. He then called me bright and early monday morning, informing me that I had the wrong transmission. I said OK, I will call and see if they can swap it out and send the correct tranny or refund me my money. As I spoke to customers claims, the lady told me they will send someone out to pick up the transmission and refund me my money. I said um ok. Then she proceeded to tell me my refund was only 1242.00. I asked why I'm getting so little back when I paid more for the tranny. She informed me that it was shipping and restocking fees. So, now I'm in the process of disputing the order to get EVERY penny of my money back!!! The report ASSURED me that it was the correct transmission for me truck before I placed the order!!!! Never again will I ever consider not give the slightest bit of thought to this company!!!!!!!! "

2015-06-05

"Ordered a replacement 1.8L engine for my 2007 Dodge Caliber, part was advertised as having 71k Miles on it which I paid $1055.00 for. While initial representative was friendly, Shipping was delayed for a day, so part arrived late. The oil pan had to be replaced as it arrived damaged, and when the engine was installed by an ASE Certified Mechanic at his shop, the engine proved to be junk. This is where the whole experience turned into a farce, when after two weeks of being told that they would be going thru my mechanic, I get an email to my personal account from a "Rob" saying that they had a resolution . This "resolution" was a replacement engine with 103k miles on it, that was advertised on their website at nearly $300.00 less than what I paid, Or I could have a refund, This is patently ridiculous, I don't know if this was representative of all customer's experiences, but I would definitely never purchase anything from these people ever again

Share Automotix's store rating

Automotix is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Automotix is a merchant member
Automotix participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,425 merchant members.