Stores > Auto Parts Warehouse

Customer service: Rating 3.57/10 3.57/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

2016-01-18

Poor Service / Continue to Sell parts with known issues

"Part: Repa507201 (Door Lock Actuator)

I purchased this actuator from them in April 2015. It worked for about 8 months and broke in early December. I contacted their warranty department and they sent me a new one. Ok, so far so good as far as service. The 2nd actuator lasted only about 25 days. They gave me the same option of a refund or sending me out the same part. I told them that due to my labor time and the loss of ability to open my hatch (no outside lock) they would have to do something more to retain me as a customer. I suggested that they maybe offer me some discounts on a future purchase or send me a higher quality version of the part.

They said they "don't care" about the issues I have been having and that they would only send out another part or refund the $30 for the part. They also said that they would not extend the warranty at all. I know the part will fail again as it is made from brittle plastic and I will be stuck not being able to open my hatch again. I have done business with this retailer before but I never had to return anything before. I will never shop at this retailer again due to their lack of respect for the customer.

This review was modified by NorthCypress on January 18 2016 12:44:23 PM

2016-01-12

HORRIBLE Service!!!!!

"I ordered a part online and then received a email a few days later saying it was out of stock. I called in to reduce my number of parts ordered by half to see if they had that number in stock. Was told by two different "parts people" the parts are in stock and I paid again!!! I called a week later as I hadn't received the parts to find out they are out of stock and won't be sending me anything!!! They didn't care when I called them about it!! What a scam and a bunch of liars!!"

This review was modified by Bundy2256 on January 12 2016 08:50:06 AM

2015-12-03

"Very disappointed, one part I ordered was out of stock, despite it STILL being listed on their website as in stock a week later. They also failed to initially refund the shipping billed for that part. What a scam.
I also ordered re manufactured calipers and they showed up functioning worse than the old calipers that came off my car! One was damaged and unusable and the other was a generic caliper not and OEM reman. Finish also didn't match on the calipers.
I have spent well over an hour on the phone with them trying to get things sorted out and am now right back to where I started with no parts. Save yourself the time and shop elsewhere.

This review was modified by Drewgold on December 03 2015 11:58:58 AM

2015-10-21

"Disgusting and very poor service, was sent the wrong part after explaining that I live in another country and to please make sure to send the correct parts as returning the items would be a problem, I was still sent the wrong parts, when I contacted APW I was told they would send me out the correct parts out free of charge, but till to this day I've not received them, even though I have mailed them, they have stopped communicating with me. "

2015-10-02

"It was the wars experience I haver had, the worse company I had to deal with. I will never order another part from auto part warehouse, unless I am looking for factory rejected parts, "

2015-09-18

"APW sent a defective part. VW could not determine this until it was just about installed. Then it was discovered that it was stripped and had to be taken out. So I was charged over $700 and I did not have a car for a week until a new part arrived from another company. I will NEVER order auto parts from this or any other company like this - who does not have American sales people located in this country. And who do not stand by their products and service. I also tried repeatedly to contact their "Corporate" office in California, but it is impossible and they ignore me.

It is the end of September and I have not received the refund for the part I sent back. They keep sending emails and asking and telling me the same thing over and over.

2015-09-12

"Received part in timely manner as stated, satisfied with the quality, fit well, is installed and working well."

2015-09-07

"Bought a tank for my 99 civic and it was a good purchase. From product to parts, to seals I was very pleased. Looking forward to make business with them. Thanks again for an excellent product..."

2015-08-28

"For those out there waiting an auto part this would be the place I would start and I think this would be the one you will go back to from then on not only and did they have part you need they meet the requirements and exceed the original equipment parts but usually the part that you order will have a how to video that you can watch showing you how to remove and install that part I think that's cool! The customer service reps. Are very knowledgeable and respectful and get what you need in a very timely matter! departs ships the very same day you order it if you order it before 5 o'clock. The part you look up has several different shots of the pictures in different angles to make sure you can add yours to it and the pricing is very fair and this is in my opinion all of person would be looking for when it comes to a do it yourself mechanic. Even if you don't buy a part from them at least check their site out it's worth it!"

2015-08-19

"Great customer service thanks. Called to make sure I got the right spark plugs for 330I thanks "

2015-08-10

"I bought a rack and pinion for my tundra and it went bad . They sent me another one and 6 months later that one goes bad. Now they say that the original warranty has expired. So they offered me a 50 dollar rebate on another new one. I would never deal with them again and I'll tell anyone to avoid them. Bad business when you treat people this way."

2015-08-07

"Placed an order for an Item that was listed as In Stock on the website. Paid extra for shipping overnight. Had placed an order for another item just a short time before this order with overnight shipping as well. So I received notice that the first order shipped, nothing on the second. Received first order but still nothing on the second. Then received an email that the second order item was out of stock and my order canceled. No option to wait for it to come back in stock. Later that day went back on site and checked and item was again listed in stock so placed the order again. Next day received another notice that the item was out of stock, yet still showed in stock on the website. Then checked on it later and found the item listed in stock again and this time a big price jump on the item.

Will not be doing business with this company again. Sounds like a bait and switch scam as each of the emails from them telling me the item is out of stock asked me to call them so they can help suggest a different item.

2015-07-22

"Every part fit my 2004 passat and fixed all my major issues for the best price any where! Very happy customer!"

2015-07-20

"Thank you very much, helped me!"

2015-07-18

"It was very efficient, speedy on delivery and no issues.

Share Auto Parts Warehouse's store rating

Auto Parts Warehouse is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Auto Parts Warehouse is a merchant member
Auto Parts Warehouse participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,633 merchant members.