Auto Barn Reviews - autobarn.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 2.00/10 110 reviews

Auto Barn is not a merchant member
Auto Barn does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I recently purchased a Line level converter for my holden car sound system from the Autobarn Altona North store in Vic. When the car sound installers went to install they found that the converter was faulty or not compatible with my car, so they replaced it with one of their own brands. I took the Line level converter back to Autobarn for a full refund which they refused!!?? I will never be dealing with this incompetent company again. The manager Bill has told me to take it to consumer affairs, which i think i will do.. for a price of $120 is it worth my time?? Why should i let these big companies get away with out giving refunds on their faulty products."

"Was a little worried with all the negative reviews here but the 4.5 star rating with over 2500 reviews on Yahoo shopping convinced me to try my luck. Ordered Sunday night (best price I could find), received email Wednesday that order had shipped and a week later, cross-country delivery by UPS arrived - well-packed and exactly what I ordered so I had no reason to deal with their customer service. Wish they had the option to ship to a PO box, though."

"No apparent way to get core charges refunded. Nothing in the package, nothing on their web site, and they refuse to answer phones or return messages. They have a great page on their web site to ask questions, but they don't reply to that either... so maybe it isn't so great after all."

"Boy, wish I saw this before ordering from these rats. Use rockauto.com, It was my mistake trying to save a few dollars.

Placed an order for an "in stock" part. They were running a deal with $10 off order of $100 or more plus free shipping for orders over $75. My purchase qualified for both and when I check out on their site my total came to $120 which was much cheaper then anyone else selling the part. After two days of tracking and seeing it not ship I send them an email asking when I can expect shipment. I never receive a reply but within 1 hour of sending the email, my order was cancelled with no warning.

Trying to get a hold of someone on the phone there is an absolute JOKE. After probably 10 or so tries I finally get someone who claims my order was cancelled because it "wasn't in stock". Since I ordered the part from their parts catalog I assumed they would have had to contact their supplier to send me the part, many stores do this so they don't have to carry a huge inventory.

After a lot of research and calls I have come to the conclusion that they cancelled my order and refused to have anything to do with my order because I got too good of a price and they didn't want to honor it. The part is still listed as "in stock" and can be ordered as I write this. They just didn't want to honor their coupon code "funsun10" AND give me the free shipping (Which is plastered everywhere on their site) so they killed my order. Worst of all they made no attempt to contact me, I had to contact THEM to even find out!

These guys are the biggest joke in eCommerce. DO NOT waste your time and money placing an order with these fools. You will absolutely regret it. Luckily the part I need is in stock all over the Internet and there are no shortages of them but I will have to pay for expedited shipping now since these morons wasted so much of my time.

UPDATE: One day later the item they told me was "out of stock" is still in stock and they have increased the price of it by $30 which CONFIRMS they lied to me and did NOT want to honor the coupon codes THEY were advertising on their site.

modified review This review was modified by arebee on August 08 2012 09:18:02 AM

"I cancelled an order before it shipped and received an email that it was cancelled, but I have not received a refund and they will not respond to my emails. I have filed a claim with paypal. This company has to be the everyones list of do not purchaes from."

"The car cover I ordered does NOT fit my 2009 Mitsubishi Outlander's front leather seats. The directions are for some generic car and not for my car - they are utterly useless. Still, though expenditure of hours, I eventually came to understand the intended design. Maybe it fits cloth seats, but certainly not my leather seats. The seats will be completely unsecured unless you disassemble the back of the leather seats, something that I'm not willing to do. Even if there was a way to install the straps, the cover goes over the seat adjustment buttons. This is not acceptable for relatively expensive custom seat covers. All would be OK if I could simply return the product. However, are charging me a 15% restocking fee for this product which fails to deliver as promised."

Southern California

"I would have like to give these guys a big FAT zero for their customer service! DON'T buy from these guys! I ordered Lloyd mats from them for my 1989 Toyota Truck, got them about 1 1/2 weeks later (they were custom) and 1 of the 4 mats doesn't fit at all! 3 e-mails, one week later and a threat to call my CC company resulted in a single e-mail claiming they sent an RGA request to Lloyd mats (no RGA number given, instructions or status communicated). It has been a week now and I have requested status on 2 e-mails with NO response!! It's time to file a dispute with my CC company and save myself the aggravation!!!!"

"Should have read the reviews! I placed an order on 5/17 - still haven't received it. Trying to get anyone to answer the phone at Auto Barn is a joke. Will NEVER order from them again."

"Well, I should have checked reviews on resellerratings.com before I placed my order. I placed my order on Apr. 27, 2012. I was hoping to receive my order in a few days. That wasn't the case. I received the order today on May 4, but that's not the worst part. The worst part is the communication or lack thereof. I have sent emails to the company, filled out their contact form, called them. I have received no response whatsoever.

I will never shop here again.

"Ordered seat covers and they were made wrong I called customer service 3 time and emailed. They never contacted me until I contacted the credit card co. I returned the seat covers and have still not heard from them. Stay away from this company0"

Crozet, VA

"Worst customer service, unresponsive and meaningless. Ordered item that was simply not delivered. Avoid at all costs."

"I purchased a ladder rack from their site. Best price around. I received the product just as described in about one week. Plus free shipping. I can't rate their customer service because I never had to actually speak to anyone."

"Do not buy from this store. They will sell you a part and send you the wrong one. After you pay for return shipping then they charge 25% restokeing fee. all this for the wrong part, it cost more to buy here than to buy local after they screw you out of half your money."

"I will never do business with this store again. When I ordered my struts I called to make sure they were actually in stock before I ordered. The website and the person on the phone said they were in stock. I get an email today that my ship date has been pushed back another week. It a good thing I have another car to drive."

zeta's Avatar
Arizona, US

"I bought Red Line Synthetic 70W80 Manual Transmission Oil. I received the order in 1 week. No problems."