• AutoTransponder

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"I got a key for my Honda Civic 2 1/2 months ago and It's falling apart. Don't waste your money. The keys are cheap knock offs."

This review was modified by Bdpilow on July 27 2015 09:40:47 AM

"My experience with auto transponder was not the best. I tried to purchase a refurbished 2010 Camaro key, along with the cut services. I never got a tracking number, no biggie; it arrived in the allotted delivery time. The second that I took it out of the package, I noticed that the key looked like it had the wrong cut. But I figured hey, I’ll at least stick it in the ignition just to see if it will work. Nope! Did I forget to mention that I never received programming instructions? I only knew how because I had looked at it up on you tube before my key arrived.

I contact them and they say send a picture of the two keys side by side. They say “They are definitely different cuts and we don’t know how this mix-up happened, we will send one out after we talk to our manager and it will have to be recut.”

The second key comes out with a tracking number and a return envelope. I open the package and I’m beyond happy that the cut looks correct. Again no instructions, but hey I have my youtube video. The programming goes well. I unlock the doors start the car I’m thinking this is great. 30 minutes later I walk out to my car to get something out of the trunk…The trunk button doesn’t work. Are you kidding me?

On the phone with them again, they tell me that they will email me a shipping label and to send back both keys, I rush to the post office immediately to return the items. They send me a tracking number saying it should be at my house in 1-3 days. 6 days go by with no activity on the tracking number. I call them and they pretty much say that’s it out of their hands, its lost with USPS. They say they will start a claim and I should make one too. So I end up on the phone with USPS for an hour, but they say I have to wait a little longer for the claim process on my end. They also say that with no activity other than electronic information received, it seems as though the sender never gave them the package.

5 days later I look at the tracking number, and see activity on the tracking number. Starting on the day that the “claim” was filed by them (if they actually filed one), the tracking number shows scanning from Jackson, Mississippi. I think this is especially odd since they’re based out of Ohio, and I live right above them in Michigan. Again I try to look past that because it says that it is in my hometown out for delivery. I run out to my mailbox and see the package. I noticed that the there’s a key size hole in the top of my envelope. And the package is very empty besides my invoice. Again I contact them and they tell me that it’s out of their hands that I have to file a claim with the post office.

Against my better judgment I ordered a brand new, instead of refurbished, key. I called them as I ordered and checked that the key code was proper and that the item had shipped. This key came and was programmed and I was actually very pleased with this one.

Their customer service was actually very polite just had issues getting me a working key. Once USPS verified that the stolen key was shipped uninsured from autotransponder, autotransponder sent me a refund for the lost key.

This review was modified by dmc412002 on July 06 2015 08:42:53 AM

"Bought a replacement FOB with cut key for my 2008 Honda CR-V in March 2014 and it lasted for five months. I then bought from a local locksmith a genuine HONDA FOB and cut key and there's a big difference in terms of quality. For those who think that a generic FOB and key are of the same quality as the OEM FOB and key, you're wrong. The generics may look the same and even work the same for a little while, but when push comes to shove, you can't beat the OEM FOB and key. PS: The original FOB and key from my local locksmith cost no more than the one I bought from Transponder.COM. Don't go to a HONDA dealer for a replacement FOB and key as they'll charge you the most. "

"I have made several purchases from AutoTransponder, A+ on them all. Thank you for being a company I can depend on."

"I bought keys for three different Fords. With two keys for each vehicle I was told that I could program the new keys to start the three vehicles. I was not able to program the key for the Ford F150 using the two keys. Initially the instructions I received with the keys were for programming remotes. I did not buy any remotes so I called and was emailed new instructions. The key for the 2000 F150 was still not programmable. The key for the 2009 Ford Focus was not programmable either. I called the support number and was not able to get thru. They never returned my call. I have not tried to program the third key for the 2010 Ford Focus yet. I'm hoping that at least that one will work."

This review was modified by rflores933 on September 17 2014 05:53:02 AM

"I ordered a keyless remote for my Nissan Titan truck and it worked as advertised! I am so happy to get what I paid for and see it work as well."

"STAY AWAY! I ordered a transponder key for my Jaguar --key arrived, locksmith programmed it and cut it ($140 in labor), but the first time he turned it in the door lock the shaft broke off -- the metal alloy was clearly faulty. He took out the transponder chip and put it in a new blank for me, charging me for the new blank on top of the $140 in labor. At least I had a working key. I telephoned autotransponder's customer service and they refused to refund me anything for the clearly defective key.

Given the cost of the locksmith service that is needed, DO NOT RISK it! with such shoddy keys.

This review was modified by FredFrogg on December 09 2013 12:20:30 PM

"I ordered two keys for my 2001 Ford Focus. The price was excellent. The keys arrived promptly. After having them cut at Lowe's, the instructions for programming them (using two existing keys)worked perfectly. I am very satisfied."

"I did not make a purchase from this store because when I asked this question:
"I have a 2006 Ford Taurus I bought used. It did not come with the keyless entry remote. I am considering purchasing one from your store, but I only have one key for my vehicle. Will the keyless entry remote program with only one key, or must I have two?"

I received this reply:
"Hello
First you will need to call a dealership with your VIN and ask if you have keyless entry on the vehicle. If you do, you can purchase one from us. It will then need to be programmed to the vehicle at an automotive locksmtih shop or dealership. The same goes for a key, if you only have one. It must be cut and programmed at a locksmith or dealer. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
AutoTransponder.com"

I asked ikeyless.com the same question to which they replied I was able to program the remote with only one key. I ordered from ikeyless.com instead and had a nice experience and programmed the remote myself in seconds with their simple instructions.

Share AutoTransponder.com's store rating

AutoTransponder.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

AutoTransponder.com is not a merchant member
AutoTransponder.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!