Stores > AutoGeek

Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

2016-06-14

Stay away from Autogeek

"Auto geek has the worst customer service ever. They refuse to replace a defective item for me. When you call their customer service number you never get anyone. Emails go unanswered. They are a bunch of crooks!"

This review was modified by gmphotos on June 14 2016 07:04:42 AM

2016-05-20

Where does it end?

"Wow, please heed the previous reviews that mention terrible service. I am blown away at the inability to handle anything correctly.

Placed my order Wednesday evening. Waited Thursday and Friday morning, then called Friday afternoon to check on the status, as I had not yet received a shipping confirmation. I was told that they would look into it. Received a call not too long later and was told that a kit I selected had a few blank spots in the selections, actually I only wanted a couple items from the selection, not all, as NO Selection is a selectable selection. Apparently that was the hang up. Or so I thought. My packages didn't ship until Monday. Ordered Wednesday, didn't ship until Monday, where's the efficiency at?

Received my packages on Friday. FINALLY! Opened up everything was very excited to get going polishing as beautiful weather was in the forecast. Started looking through the boxes and what was missing? THE POLISHER!!

Called customer service, yes the tape was intact, no there wasn't any damage. Even so they insisted on opening a report with the shipper. Two boxes came, total weight 40lbs. Yes, I am new to detailing and ordered quite a bit of stuff. I got nowhere with the first rep. Remember the hang up on my order? I ended up adding to it to fill in the "no selection" selections to satisfy them and get my stuff shipped! Well the additional items I added didn't get added to the shipment, but wait, I thought that was the hold up? GUESS NOT

The second rep I talked to, as I am not really up for waiting to have a decision made by a shipper that has nothing to do with my not getting my polisher, and she stated that the 40lbs weight of the boxes I received should include the weight of the polisher. I lift up the duffel bag I ordered, now filled with my order, and to me it feels near 40lbs, without the polisher, which I was told BY the service rep weighed 9lbs on its own. She wanted to continue with the shipper being at fault angle.

I got home, pulled out my Fitbit scale, which with almost 5000 reviews, and 70% of them being either 4 or 5 stars should have no reason to believe to be inaccurate. Also there's no way to adjust it, it tells you the weight, no way to cheat. Place my items on the scale and...38lbs without the cardboard and paper packing.

So the shipping dept. has no idea what things weigh. just admit it. I understand that I'm telling them that I'm missing an expensive item from my order, but that's the best detective work you can do?

How about I make a video of me weighing my shipment, then email it to someone that can actually do something about this. I'll call them in the morning and see where that gets me.

Another disturbing thing, I was asked to give the packer and picker numbers while talking to customer service. The packer number was written in, the scribbled out, then rewritten. Assuming the packer packs multiple orders in one day, how would you forget your number? Isn't that your number?

This review was modified by Blehman80 on May 20 2016 05:27:36 PM

2016-03-08

Good prices, good customer service.

"Great prices.
Had a problem with emailing, probably good old spam filters...
Was corrected quickly.
Really quick shipping.

This review was modified by Kruegmeister on March 09 2016 08:49:36 AM

2015-09-30

"Highly impressed with Autogeek. I rarely write reviews, but felt I should--great experience. I was referenced by a friend who had the same great experience. I'm at a military base overseas and we have somewhat limited options beyond Amazon...mostly because many companies oddly seem to shy away from the simple process of shipping by USPS Priority mail and filling out a postcard-sized customs declaration. Really, honestly...just not that hard. Autogeek's prices were the lowest I could find, their communications were timely and shipping was right on time. Items were packed thoughtfully and with care. I'm looking forward to ordering from them again."

2015-06-26

"Vary bad company customer service is terrible they will actually argue with you on the phone . I Ordered some pads and paid at the same time they didn't bother to tell me they didn't have the pads in tell 2 days later in a email I'll never do Business with them again"

2015-03-31

"I ordered 2 portable water softener cartridges from them. 3-4 days later i get an out of stock notice. I thought it was in stock because there was no warning ahead of time. They finally shipped it using the slowest ground shipping from florida to Washington state. I emailed there customer service department asking why did they not have an out of stock notice when i first ordered the product. I also asked why they shipped it using the slowest shipping available. I have not heard back from them yet. Tbis is not how you run a business. "

2015-01-06

"Placed an order on New Years Eve based on a promotion received via email. I compared the pricing of some items to those of ChemicalGuys.com and found Chemical Guys to be generally less expensive but continued to place my order anyways as 1) my shopping cart was already prepared, 2) the difference in price wasn't huge, and 3) I read on Autogeek's front page that they will match competitor pricing. In the order I advised that chemicalguys were cheaper on one product (didn't bother listing them all) and autogeek responded that because I used an email promotion they will not price match. I think this is pretty lousy and really is short sighted given the difference was less than $5.

I won't be doing business with these guys any more. Chemicalguys are now my preferred supplier as they give the best deal to begin with. Be cautious where you spend your hard earned dollars. Autogeek isn't deserving of your money.

This review was modified by BiTeZ on January 06 2015 03:11:52 PM

2014-05-27

"I ordered some Iron X paste over the weekend for which I needed it for the following weekend. Due to a holiday on Monday they couldn't put it in the mail until Tuesday. That meant I would get it either Saturday or Monday.

I contacted their support and they emailed me back within 20 minutes and said they would throw it on UPS instead of USPS and it should arrive before Friday! Thank you for helping out procrastinators!

This review was modified by yargplot on May 27 2014 09:47:57 AM

2014-03-27

"Misrepresented their ad and later denied it. Refused to cooperate. Filed a complaint with the attorney general but this corrupt company refused to cooperate with them. Avoid this ripoff store. At least my credit card company refunded what I paid to these liars. Dont be fooled by their prices and ads as they are crooked and could care less about customer service."

This review was modified by Steve2150 on March 27 2014 11:44:17 AM

CA, USA
2013-01-12

"I needed something better for some bad fabric stains for my car. After researching on some car forums, 303 Fabric/Vinyl Cleaner was recommended. Did a quick Google Search, Autogeek had the best deal. Went ahead an order it and day later, received a shipment notification with the tracking number. Got the product in timely manner. It was actually boxed pretty well, so it wouldn't break and spill all over the place. AutoGeek is one of the few suppliers that carries 303...which I recommend also. "

2012-04-21

"Placed my order at 6pm and called in to change the order early the next day. Even though I hadn't received a shipping confirmation and the email I was sent said I could call in early to change my order, the rep told me it has already been packed and shipped. When queried how that could happen he said they do that really early at the wharehouse, interesting so it's effectively impossible to change the order since I ordered after they closed and called as they opened it was shipped somewhere in between. I appreciate their efficiency but not their inflexibility. I'm going to avoid them in the future and order from another provider which is not only less expensive but also closer to me."

2012-02-23

"Placed my order for a leather conditioning product after reading positive reviews on this website. My order was filled almost immediately and shipped. It was even delivered earlier than the estimate delivery date. Very happy with the service and choice of products. Will return here again.
Tip: Search for coupons before placing your order- there are coupons for all purchases.

2011-09-28

"This is my first time shopping at AutoGeek (AG) to buy several products for my new daily. I wanted to detail my car using better stuff than what you can buy from retailers. I would concur to one of the reviewers that shipping is expensive when purchasing small qty items because AG uses UPS ground as their only cheapest shipping method. But if one would a place a mid-sized order than its still worth it. At the same time, there are very few retailers and e-retailers that have the various products that can’t be found easily anywhere.

I made two orders, realizing that I would done detailing by hand. I later found out that it would be a lot easier in just getting a dual action (DA) polisher, which I had to get along with other products. For the my first order, I ordered Klasse, ONR, and Collinite 845. I was able to use coupon code “autopia” to get 10% off my order+shipping. Shipping took a while, 5 days because they are based on the east coast. I then placed a second order to get additional products because from reading more from their forums, having a DA polisher would make detailing the car a lot easier, which was very true when I detailed my car.

For my second order, I had to get some polishing pads like the Lake County CCS along with a polishing chemical. I wanted to get the Griot DA polisher but their pricing was high because I somewhere else had it cheaper. AG had a price match deal going on and requested if AG could do it along with getting free shipping and getting 10% off from using the coupon. Nick over AG said I had to choose one of the deals (free shipping, coupon, or price match). When I was told about that, I had to get the DA polisher from somewhere else. Luckily, I got it way cheaper from another place (BJ’s). But I still need to place an second order with AG. Ordered PoorBoy’s Polishing 2, Lake County CCS 6pk pads, 4 different pads from their buy one get one deal (BOGO), and Klasse Sealant (BOGO). Plus, shipping was free given the order amount; W00T! I received the order a week later and so far my experience has been largely positive giving the selection of products. I look forward in future purchases, especially the BOGO deals.

2011-08-25

"Run as far as you can from this company. super high shipping costs and very poor customer service.
ordered with expedited shipping and paid a ton for 3 day it will arrive in 7!

2010-08-20

"AutoGeek is great,
They sell exceptional products, have great howto's and a very helpful staff.
Not to mention the great deals and offfers for detailing products.

Share AutoGeek's store rating

AutoGeek is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

AutoGeek is not a merchant member
AutoGeek does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!