AudioLines Reviews - audiolines.com/home.php Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 2.67/10 35 reviews

AudioLines is not a merchant member
AudioLines does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I ordered from Audiolines LAST YEAR and to date still do not have my product(s).

To their credit they called me a couple days after I ordered and told me they would not have one of the items I ordered as it had been discontinued (to date, more than 9 month's later, it's still listed on their website) but the other item would be shipping out shortly. Well, a month later with no item and no word from Audiolines I inquired though their on-line customer service system. They responded quickly, saying the item they thought they would have still isn't in stock, but would be within two weeks.

Well, more than two weeks went by again and about a month later I inquired again. Same story. The manufacturer had not filled their order and they still don't have it but it would be another two weeks.

Another month or so went by and no contact or product, we're over three months from the order now, so I contacted them again. Same story except they told me they were going to charge my card for it and then ship it to me. I then had to spend about a week with them proving to them that they already charged my card, last December, until they finally found the record and apologized to me. However I still never received anything.

About a month later I tried them again and when told they didn't have the item I asked about buying something else and just using what I already spent as store credit. What I was going to buy now was 3x more expensive and they were OK with it. I was told that this new item "would be in within a couple of weeks" and that they would call me when it was.

That was almost four months ago. It's now the end of September and not only have I not received anything, even though they were paid last December, now they are simply not answering my e-mails (through the website or just regular e-mails). It's been over nine months since they charged my card and they can't send me anything. Either what I originally ordered (which I have now bought elsewhere for half the price) or the more expensive item I agreed to buy months ago. Nothing!

Rating 8/104/5

"I had a good experience with Audio Lines. I ordered my mixer last week, and I got it today. No hassle, no problems. The box looked sort of roughed up when I got it, but there was no damage to the mixer so it wasn't a problem. The product works great, and it was shipped quickly. I'd buy from them again."

"I too was lured in with by a low price and a sweet discount code. No less than 24 hours after I placed my order my credit card info and billing address were used to make purchases at several online retailers. I inquired with audiolines and received no reply. I've since had to cancel my card, undergo all the hassle inherent with resolving fraudulent credit card charges, and file a complaint with the BBB.

these guys are the absolute worst.

I've currently got a case open with the Chicago BBB. If you've been mistreated or had your card information compromised by these guys, I suggest you file a complaint with the BBB. https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx

modified review This review was modified by Bluurg on June 04 2011 11:13:33 PM

"DO NOT GIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION TO AUDIOLINES.COM, you will see fraudulent charges exactly 2 to 3 days after your order. It happen to me twice already and there will certainly not be a third. Bank of America is investigating this company based on numerous claims all consisting of fraudulent charges after placing online and over the phone orders. You have been warned. Just take a look at all the reviews, they speak for themselves. "

"Found a good price on an item I was looking for from them and ordered it. Didn't notice then that it wasn't in stock, but when the order was queued and sat there for 10 days I started to investigate further. Discovered that the reviews weren't good and figured that I wasn't ever going to see the equipment.

Well, I was going to call, but instead figured out that I could use their web form to send a message, so I wrote them and canceled the order. No phone call and no email from them, so I figured I was going to have to call and raise hell anyway.

Seems that two days later I get a call from Bank of America's fraud department, and in checking I found two fraudulent charges on the card that I used. Funny thing is that this card hasn't been used anywhere else in months, I've been getting it paid off and moving to a different card.

After having seen in the reviews that this has happened to other people I can only say one thing:

DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE!

"I took my motif rack to audio lines because the data dial was loose. They told me the repair guy was out but would give me a call the next day before 5pm. After 2 days of receiving no call, I had to call them.

Anyway, they gave me a quote of $180 and said it was for "parts, shipping, and labor". So I went to yamaha's website, and found they sell the part for $6.08 with $7 shipping (which means I would be paying some guy an extra $165 just to do a 15-minute repair) Anyway, I looked on craigslist and found a guy that can fix it for $30. Boy am I glad I didn't do business with audiolines.

These big corporations over charge to pay their staff. It's best to go with the small guy. Not to mention their customer service is HORRIBLE. I walked in their office and 4 guys are just sitting at their desks as if I wasn't standing their. I can see if I was on the store side looking around...but obviously if I'm in your office that means I need help...you can at least say "how can I help you?" I'll admit, they do have a lot of great equipment, but nothing you can't find elsewhere at much lower prices.

"AudioLines staff was very friendly when I called to place my order. After one month however, I had yet to receive my PA. I called and was told they would "look into it and get back to me". I heard nothing, and another month went by so I emailed them, twice. Again I heard nothing, so I called and cancelled my order. Got transferred around three times and put on hold forever, then had an icy toned lady say she went ahead and cancelled it, like she was doing me a huge favor. No apology, no nothing. I'll take my $1300 elsewhere. I do NOT recommend this company."

"Ordered a Technics turntable. Site said the order was queued. Called in within a week or two, item was unavailable. Company killed order. No problem, but I was wrong. Within two weeks credit card company called with fraud issues. Only place I used that card was AudioLines. Buyer Beware."

Rating 4/102/5

"Placed an order for an item listed as in stock. Three days later I had heard nothing except a generic "thanks for the order" reply. Their website listed my order as "queued" which tells you nothing. I contacted support. To their credit they replied quickly, but informed me the order was not in stock, and would I care to purchase something else instead. I haven't had a clear reply yet to requests to cancel the order.

*** Update: I was successfully able to cancel my order without any further delay.

modified review This review was modified by wideblacksky on December 08 2010 01:54:49 PM

"I've never had such an awful experience with a online retailer! I ordered a pair of Martin Mania lights from Audiolines two weeks before I needed them. A week after placing the order I still hadn't heard a thing and gave them a call. It was at that point that they informed me they were on back order and they would be in in 2 weeks. After two weeks still no word. I called, same story. I shopped around intending to cancel my order but didn't find anything so decided to be patient. Today, 6 weeks after placing the order I called again. This time the sales person told me that he lights had never been ordered from the manufacturer! When asked how long he wouldn't tell me nor would he transfer me to a supervisor. The person was rude and arrogant and needless to say I had him cancel my order. This is a very low class company that treats its customers like trash and doesn't fulfill it's orders. "

"Is this the worst Pro Audio dealer in America today? Quite possibly.

I WISH i had checked the ratings this store has received before I went through the grief of dealing with them. I don't mind the sale pitch, I don't mind addons or upsell, but the one thing I cannot stand is the old bait and switch tactics some sellers use. Seriously... why would you do that? You just irritate the very people you are there to be in business for.

Forgetting the last few 'manufactured' reviews, I should have gone with my gut instinct and steered clear. There are plenty of other stores online that don't subject you to this cockamamie garbage, how on earth do they stay around??

"Want to mention the outstanding service of the staff in special to Mr. Luis, i called and this gentlemen took care of my order and even went what i called "extra mile" to get what i need with no hazzle and within a short notice. You do not see this everywhere,other companies are to busy only with big orders, however, audiolines staff take care of customers with respect even with the smallest order.

I will not spend my time calling other companies even if they have a lower price (Which i don't think so).I will stick with Audiolines.com they do know what they are doing.

Thank You all (Luis,Alex,Danny,Tom and all others).

V/R

My DJ Sound & Lights
St Louis, MO

"I, like others, was scared about my purchase from Audiolines. The initial reviews I read on Google Shopping were not the most kind. After my purchased I waffled and called them back to cancel my order. Tom talked me through everything and gave me the confidence in Audiolines I needed. I'm sure glad I stuck with them. They've been excellent to work with and I can't speak highly enough of Tom. If you need to make something happen, give this guy a call, he's the man. I pre-purchased the Kaossilator Pro and was anxiously awaiting their arrival when I found out mass release was pushed back. Well, thanks to my pre-order, it's already in my hands. Excellent job guys. I will be coming back to you with my other equipment needs for sure! Don't be fooled by bargain basement shoppers trying to buy B-stock at below cost prices. Sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't. You can't hold it against the company if they've already sold the item you wanted. Give these guys a chance!"

"Classic bait and switch. No customer service. Advertised new gear at very low price, and I ordered online. Website said "in stock". Got the call days later saying it's not in stock. They refuse to respond to my status inquiries and demands to honor price. This is fraud, plain and simple. I don't know why Google allows Audiolines to advertise on its shopping pages with all the earned negative reviews. Pure fraud."

modified review This review was modified by AttorneyNY on February 12 2010 08:50:40 PM

"I ordered a CD mixer for my teenager. Anytime I do business with a new company via internet I am apprehensive. I work in the bank that issued the credit card I used to place the order. That way, I am able to thoroughly track what charges are pending and posted to my account. I'm very familiar with the laws regarding what a company is permitted to do. I saw no evidence of anything that is "fishy". Although companies are permitted to upcharge and then follow up with an adjustment, this comapny did not do any such shenanigans. They charged the correct ammount just once- this is not always the case with other companies.
The order arrived in a flash! I was not expecting it for several more days, but it arrived in just 3 days! Intact and undamaged I might add.
As for the quality of the product itself...all I can say is that the boys think it's really cool! I've never compared quality of cd mixers, but the quality of my son's enjoyment of the product is definetely way up there!
Thanks Guys!