• Address: 545 Broadway Brooklyn, NY
    • Business Hours: 9:00am - 9:00pm Sun-Thur 9:00am - 3:00pm Fri Closed Sat

Product & services pricing Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"I ordered Zenith Defy Chrono ladies watch on 04/29/2014. The watch seemed to be at good shape at first. The strap was not very comfortable so I ordered a new strap that took a while to receive. When the original strap was removed using a spring bar removing tool I noticed that inside lugs are all scratched up, possibly damaged and the spring bars do not match each other. One spring bar is clearly longer and bent. Ashford is telling me that since it is out of 30 days return policy they are not responsible (it was one week out when I first contacted). No matter that by removing the strap the return is invalidated anyway and the only way to discover it was to remove the strap in the first place. I do not believe it is a new and unworn watch, and at very least Ashford is responsible for inspection and polishing of the watch. They also suggested that perhaps I am the one who scratched it and/or since I cannot see it I should not be worried about it. It is not $50.00 watch! Couple of years before I also bought a watch from them , and they sent me a Frankenwatch, a hand wound watch that had Automatic written on its face! I do not believe Ashford is selling brand new watches, these watches are either factory seconds, rejects or refurbished aftermarket, if not worse. Buy at your own risk. In reply to Ashford comment below: I have an order number, receipt and pictures of Zenith Class Elite HW manual wind watch that has Automatic written on its face. That is a Frankenwatch put together out of separate parts and I can PROVE it. I contacted Zenith and they have no requirements whatsoever that watch strap cannot be removed by anyone but an authorized Zenith dealer. The watch has sings of multiple strap removals. It is simply not possible to scratch it like that by just removing strap once. Also no factory would put cheap aftermarket spring bars in, that are not even the right size (too long). In order to discover the scratches the strap had to be removed, and now Ashford is blaming me for discovering their shady product. So the reply below is just an excuse for a shady watch and poor customer service. "

modified review Rep reply posted Jun-20-2014

“Hello,

Ashford stands by its watches, guaranteeing that they all are new and unused, directly from the manufacturer. In the case of manufacturer's like Zenith, extra care is taken in relaying the authenticity of the watch, and they come with a direct Zenith Warranty. If these watches were not authentic and new, Zenith would certainly not cover their care and repair. We absolutely guarantee that all watches we sell are unused and unmodified, and as part of this we have a 30 Day return policy that explicitly states the watch must not be worn or adjusted in any way, including the removal of any parts. This is done to maintain the integrity of the watch and the high standard we hold ourselves to in the industry. After a certain period of time, any number of things can have occurred with the watch that is no longer within our control. This applies especially to external parts of a watch and more so when parts are removed outside of a professional setting as was the case here. We always recommend such things be done by professionals at a watch repair shop or jeweler so that they can be held accountable for any damage that may occur. When these things are done outside of that setting, there is no way for us to confirm the quality of the work done.

If there is ever trouble with the internal workings of the watch, Zenith's Warranty will remain intact so that they may address the issue. Likewise, we would stress to all our valued customers that this Warranty, like our own, can be voided by attempting to work on the watch at home. This is understandable as the integrity of the watch can be compromised in this way. Concerning any other watch purchased from us, if ever the Automatic or other features stop working, or are presenting trouble, always contact us so that we can set up a repair or direct you to the manufacturer. Part of standing by our products is assisting the customers who have made us so successful in offering quality, luxury goods for incredibly low prices. Our Client Service Agents are always happy to assist with any questions or concerns that arise.

Best Regards,

The Ashford Client Service Team””

"Fast shipping and beautifully packed. Fantastic value on the watch. Great selection"

"I ordered a watch (size m) on the Ashford website. Unfortunately I got the watch in size s. I thought I had accidentially ordered the wrong size so it was my fault. I knew I could not send it back because it was an international order. I ordered the watch a second time but this time I made a screen shot to ensure I had clicked on the right size this time. After having recieved the order confirmation, I recognized that the watch was ordered in size S again. But, my screen shot showed I had ordered size M.
I immediately called their call number to change the order, which worked well. After that I wrote to the customer service to tell them what happened to me. Assuming that this was the reason that the first watch was delivered in the wrong size.
I was asked to send the screen shot and I was told that if it was Ashford's fault they would give me my money back.
After having recieved the screen shot they offered me to replace the watch in the correct size. I answered that this wouldn't help me because the second watch I ordered, was already delivered and that I would like to accept their offer of a refund. That was the last time I heard from the customer service. This was three months ago.

"I received the watch, never used it, only put on my hand to test the style and do not like the style. I asked them for return and refund. When I returned, they never give a refund. I contact by chat a few times, and then they said that there are some body/hand oil on the watch, and said that it is worn. How can I touch the watch without leaving some hand oil on this watch? I also ask ashford via BBB to give an email address so that I can forward the picture of the watch on my hand, to see the fact that I cannot wear it without cut the strap. It is just too big for my hand/wrist. However, no one provide the details of company email from a more responsible people too me. The person who handled the case only insists that I already wear it and refuse to refund my money. This is the first case that I am so dissapointed after more than 10 years shopping on line and never have any problem with my products or services that I purchased. I will never buy anything from Ashford, and recommend all my friends and family that they should be more carefully with this company. How can their customers try to fix the watches without leaving my natural body hand on their watch???"

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-12-2014

AshfordWatches, Ashford.com rep has responded

“Customers are the top priority to our team here at Ashford. We do want them to be happy with products they purchase from us and strive to make the best shopping experience we can. It is for that very reason we are very firm about not accepting back worn items that have residue, stains, scratches and other signs of use. We make sure to clearly state that on our site along with our 30 Day Return and Exchange Policy. We know that when ordering online what you receive may not always be what you expect from simple pictures and descriptions, so if our customers open their watch or jewelry and are not satisfied we are happy to take it back and hopefully find something they will love. We also guarantee to our customers that all of our merchandise is unused, directly from the manufacturer and so we would never want to take back a used watch or piece of jewelry.

As with this review we strive to respond quickly to all the input and concerns of our customers. We did receive and respond promptly to the BBB inquiry and after our best attempts at resolution it was closed in our favor. We will always promise to be responsive and fair with all of our customers, and our reputation shows that.

RatingYoda's Avatar
A secret, it is...

"Ordered my RADO Integral Jubile' on December 9th, 2013. It was delivered to me overnight and in my hands on Dec. 10th. What a beautiful watch. Actually, much better looking in person vs. the online picture. I'm thrilled.
It is now one month later and the watch is working perfectly (as expected, and as it should be). I got the watch for a great price initially, but when I saw a price decrease 3 days after my purchase, I contacted Customer Service and they cheerfully submitted my price credit of $175.00 to my credit card immediately which showed up promptly on my Visa.
FYI...prior to purchase, I spoke to RADO CS in New Jersey (actually part of the SWATCH Group) re: Ashford watches. (another fyi...I have other RADO watches that were from authorized dealers). They didn't have anything negative to say. Only wanted to inform me that these are "grey market" watches with no factory warranty i.e less expensive. Thus, I'm confident that the equivalent Ashford warranty will suffice if I ever require such...
Thanks Ashford....I will be ordering again soon!

"I am terribly disappointed with Ashford.com. I received the same watch from both of my sisters for Christmas One did not have any paperwork, but the other had the pack slip from Ashford so I attempted to exchange it. I called on December 27th, only to get a recording that their customer service department was closed from sundown Friday to sundown on Saturday. I called back on Sunday December 29th, only to receive another message stating Due to high call volume they could not take my call. I called later as well, only to receive the same recording and beep to record a message. I work days and cannot contact Ashford between their stated hours of 9am to 6pm Eastern time M-Th and 9am-3pm Friday. It appears that Ashford has no customer service available via phone on evenings or weekends, so I am forced to ask my questions and attempt my exchange via email. Given that most websites offer much broader customer service hours, I would not recommend Ashford to anyone with a day job. It appears the company caters to people who are either financially independent or work overnight."

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-29-2014

AshfordWatches, Ashford.com rep has responded

“Here at Ashford we do strive to serve the needs of our Customers and we know that our availability on the phones does not always meet with the availability of our customers to contact us. That is why we offer the ability to leave a message via our Phone service in our off hours and why we have a customer service e-mail (CustomerService@Ashford.com), both of which we make sure to respond to promptly and with just as much care as we do our direct Phone and Chat Services. We also know that the Holiday Season can be a very busy one, and at times that can cause waits or delays in being able to reach us. During that time we do have extended hours for the holidays from 8 AM until 9 PM Mondays through Thursdays and we are open on Sundays for the holiday season from 10 AM until 5 PM for the convenience of our customers! We do close before Sundown on Friday because we are a Jewish owned company and we cannot be open from then until Saturday night for religious reasons.

We are always striving to improve and expand our service to our customers and we make sure all of their opinions and concerns are examined closely so that we can do that to the best of our ability. These reviews are important to us and we always encourage our customers to let us know about their experiences with us, both the good and those that need improvement.

The Ashford Client Service Team”

"Thank you for prompt contact and fast resolution. Thanks go to William M. from Ashford.com"

"Edit: After seeing my review, William from Ashford Client Relations contacted me and to my surprise, Agent was so considerate and willing to provide the resolution to my satisfaction. I am happy that my concerns have been allayed and wished that I had the same great experience first time and hoping to have better experience next time onwards.

----------------------------------------------------------------
I purchased two watches online as gifts, but the packaging is not the same. For one package, I have the invoice in a red envelope and a red small bag. For another one, I don't have any invoice but, just a red bag.

On top of it , I didn't like the quality of one of the item (looked like a returned item) which I wanted to return. Even after speaking with customer service rep, they are not willing to provide a free return shipping as a courtesy. Instead of providing better customer service, rep started to argue and repeatedly asking the same question again and again without providing any good information.

Now I am going to return the item and return shipping is going to cost me even though quality of item is not satisfactory.

"Purchased a watch as a gift. It was guaranteed waterproof to 100 meters. It leaked the first time it was used. Ashford would not refund or exchange it, but did agree to repair it if they found it defective. I sent the watch back on dec 27th and did not recieve the replacement until mid march. The folks I dealt with were generally unpleasant and hid behind policy instead of takign care of customers. The only good news is the repaired watch works fine. I'll find somewhere else to shop who will replace new defective product next time. "

modified review Rep reply posted Dec-18-2013

AshfordWatches, Ashford.com rep has responded

“The Water Resistance of a watch is often confused with being Water Proof. Most water resistant watches are made to help prevent damage from accidental exposure to water. Unless a watch is specifically rated as a diver's watch we never recommend purposefully submerging a watch, regardless of its resistance. For this reason, our warranty like most others, does not cover damage from purposeful exposure to water. Many factors can come into play when it comes to the resistance of a watch and what we stress is that the mere movement of a watch through water increases the pressure on that watch beyond the depth at which it is being submerged. Additionally, if the crown is not properly closed this can reduce a watches resistance to water pressure significantly. Diver's watches specifically have a screw down crown to further protect the watch where most have only a pull and push crown.

Concerning repairs, watches are delicate devices, and can take time not only to fully and properly repair but also test thoroughly in order to be certain of no remaining damage or faults. Through most of the year Ashford holds within a fair industry standard of 4-6 Weeks for most repairs, plus additional time for proper quality control. This is to ensure not only a working watch, but the high standards we set for the quality of all the watches we sell. We are always up front with our estimates of repair times and try very hard to ensure our customers are informed of any delays or further needs for testing. As an internet-based company we know that our repairs do not seem as quick as those you might get in a mall or department store, but we do hold the quality of our work as truly important.

Finally, when customers purchase watches from us we guarantee them a new, unworn and unmodified. We know that purchasing online can be difficult and we give a 30 Day period to return the watch if it is unworn and unmodified. Beyond that our Warranty stands to take care of our watches. We offer a two year extensive warranty on any timepiece bought at Ashford.com. We have a world class team of certified watchmakers that are experts in their field at your complete disposal. They have accumulated vast experience working on today's most prestigious watch brands as well as the most complicated movements and are constantly honing their expertise to provide the best service available. Our warranty covers the most important part of a watch: the movement. No matter how complicated, we are well-equipped and ready to repair it with the utmost care.

Best Regards,

The Ashford Client Service Team””

"Recently purchased 2 Rado watches (Integral Men / women). Price was very good and the service was awesome. Both the pieces arrived on time and in factory packed condition. Genuine. The best part was after 15 days they had a black friday sale on the same items at much deeper discount. They credited the price difference with no hassle. Will recommend them anytime."

"I had bad experience with the shipping. In general the shopping was easy customer service responded quickly. Being the fact that in Canada the delivery is done by another company how they do the delivery is pretty much our of their hands. They offered to refund for the shipment! However customers' shopping experience does not stop until the moment they receive products. The delivery in Canada has a lot to improve. "

"My Rado automotive watch doesn't work very well and now they agree to replace one for me. Still waiting for the new watch. Not bad Customer Service."

"Ashford sells the old inventory products with poor quality issue, defective decoration. For a internet customer,it is pretty difficult to protect you rights, since the return cost will be the customers responsibility and you can not ensure the replacement is good. You have to try your luckies. If you still get a bad one. One way is too continue pay for the internet shipment cost, or you have to take the defective one without any indemnify.

In a word, never take risky to shop with them! Especially for a internet buyer.

modified review Rep reply posted Oct-16-2013

AshfordWatches, Ashford.com rep has responded

“Ashford stands by its watches, guaranteeing that they all are new and unused, directly from the manufacturer. We also pride ourselves on keeping our clients happy and keep an easy return policy within the US because we know that a watch does not always appear in person quite how we perceive it online. This is offered in certain cases and we even take the extra step of granting international labels when the situation calls for it. In this case a drop shipper was used to transport the order and we cannot be sure how the item was stored or handled. Despite this we accepted the return and even provided a label to make the return easier. In all this, we strive to give our clients a smooth online shopping experience and let our reputation show the reliability of our services.

Here are some links to the information we keep on our website for all our potential clients to read:
Returns: http://www.ashford.com/us/info/returns.jsp
Shipping: http://www.ashford.com/us/info/shipping.jsp

The Ashford Client Service Team”

"Arrived a week before I had hoped. It was a quality product that exceeded my expectations."

"I am very satisfied with the watch quality and the speed of delivery,in the future I will buy on Ashford products."

Ashford.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Ashford.com is a merchant member
Ashford.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,882 merchant members.