"I ordered .308 magazines in April 2013 and still have not received them. After many emails I finally received a response saying they are back ordered yet I went to other sites and ordered and received them in 2 weeks. Their site says it could take 120 days not 700. Do not buy from this company. Their customer service is on par with DMV. "

"Complete scam. Ordered magazines in March of 2013!!!. I still have not received them and they refuse to answer my emails. 20 Months and have not received the order? Numerous places have them in stock, as many as I want. They also refuse to issue a refund. They have had 359.00 of my money for 20 months."

modified review This review was modified by Gvid53 on November 08 2014 04:31:10 AM

"It took 2 & 1/2 weeks to get the Lowa product I ordered. I didn't know it would take that long, until after I made the purchase. Their website does not update as "shipped" and I could not call them. A bit slow to return emails."

modified review This review was modified by dlaw97 on May 05 2014 05:20:44 PM

"DO NOT BUY FROM AFMO.COM! This site is a scam and a fraud. I ordered AR15 magazines from them in April and as of September, this order is still in limbo. It has not shipped but my card was charged immediately. After numerous attempts to contact them, I have given up and filed a claim with my credit card company. In fact, their number is no longer in service and they don't even publish it on their website. Stay away from AFMO.com!"

modified review This review was modified by Nutrancer on September 09 2013 08:12:44 PM

"I had high hopes when I ordered my boots from afmo.com however what turned out to be a fun day shopping online literally turned into a hellish nightmare@!

Not only was the deadline for my boot order passed up, I had to actually call them to find out why they had not been shipped. No one took the time to let me know that they were out of stock.

They went ahead and charged my CC anyway, so being a trusting consumer I just figured that that meant the order was being processed.

After all, that is obviously what an "up and up" online store would do right? Who in their right mind would charge for an item that they didn't even have in stock and hadn't shipped.

I think that borderlines on criminal... I'm not a lawyer or anything (and don't even play one on TV) but that right there seems like it should be illegal.

It is like selling something you don't own... it borderlines fraud and I can't believe the owners of that company sleep well at night.

I eventually had to dispute the charge with my credit card company, afmo kept promising it would ship my order but after 45 days enough was enough.

I ended up going to LA Police Gear - got the same boot and it shipped in 24 hours.

Lesson learned... be careful who you choose to do business with online - and DON'T USE AFMO.COM!!!!

"I had very similar results as some others here... I wish one thing was true - that I had read this site before ordering from afmo.com!

For starters their site seemed pretty legit, with all the stuff that I "look for". Like contact name, phone number etc. So it looks like a pretty legit company.

That is essentially where things went downhill though. It was easy enough to place my order and to put in my credit card details, go figure - they make it SUPER easy to put in your CC!

I also noticed that my card was immediately charged within 24 hours of making my order.

That was when any semblance of this being any kind of a legit company all but ended.

It took forever for me to get the boots that I ordered, not a week or to but 3 weeks! I also only got one of the items in my order when I had ordered two items.

The second item was a jacket. I actually had to call up and ask where it was after my boots had arrived. That was when they decided to tell me it was on backorder...

Don't you think a good time to tell me that was when I ordered it? Or maybe even better... when they charged my credit card?

They said it would be another two weeks before it would arrive.

Two weeks later I had to call back up there again only to find out it hadn't arrived.

I told them to reverse the charges on my credit card... lo and behold after about 10 days since this phone conversation it STILL hasn't been done.

Not sure what to think about this, but I'm just thankful that my Mastercard is all but happy to process a chargeback against them.

Not my idea of a good company that is practicing "good business".

Especially since they have "armed forces" in their name and I'm a veteran!!

What a disgrace!

"This organization is Greatness!! Always willing to help and provides quality products. Have never been dissatisfied with any aspect of their programs...online or store front, the friendly, helpful and professional approach to the customers needs have built a respect and trust for me. Although their prices are better than competitive , I would be willing to spend an extra few dollars just to continue to have that comfort and assurance that my needs will be met. Thanks to AFMO for all the excellence through the years, I will continue to support them for many more to come... Their track record has made me a customer for life:)"

"i'm happy with the kershaw knife I got from them. it's the nicest folding knife I've had. my only small complaint would be that delivery took a couple days longer than expected. no biggie. "

"I was having trouble finding Lowa Zephyrs in a size 14. So I called AFMO first to make sure they had the boots in stock. They did. In less than a week, they arrived. I couldn't be more pleased with the Lowas performance."

"Here it is in plain English.
This is some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced.
Ordered on June 4
Received order only after several phone calls about 6 weeks out.
I ordered this product sight unseen. Far to big and it had logos on the sleeve from manufacturer which is not talked about in the product description. Sent them back with their authorization and asked for smaller size. Over 4 weeks ago with delivery confirmation. They claim they just received them last friday.
BULL SHIT!! Now they want two more weeks to send new ones.
Do yourself a big favor - shop somewhere else.

"As most of these reviews say, DO NOT order anything from AFMO.com. I ordered a shirt and pants from their website. I was quite impressed when my shirt was delivered the very next day (with ups ground no less), however, the pants were not there. I later received an email telling me the pants were on backorder and would be shipped within 2-3 weeks.
The shirt ended up being a bit too short, so I called them to ask for an RMA. The distribution supervisor answered and told me to just send the shirt back addressed to him directly. This was two months ago, and I have now received my pants, but the shirt is nowhere to be found and I have not received any help from any of the three employees I've talked to, or the three email addresses I've sent emails to.
In short, trust me when I tell you never to order from AFMO. This is not one of those things that you should test yourself to see if people are exaggerating. Do. Not. Order. From. AFMO.com.

"This place isthe worst. I will never buy from them again.

I was looking for some tactical gear and this site appeared to have everything I needed, so I chose to shop from them rather than hitting several different sites. Boy was I wrong!!!!! Even though they "sell" everything they list, they must not carry anything as far as actual inventory goes. EVERYTHING was backordered. Not just one or two items, but every single item I ordered. They'll gladly take your money right away and then a day later send you an email stating that your items are backordered and are exoected to ship in 2 to 3 weeks.

I was like whatever.... and decided to wait the three weeks. The three weeks went by and nothing!!! I contact them and ask for an update. Days later I am told that the merchandise is expected in at the end of the week and will be shipped out as soon as possible. Here I sit 2 weeks later and nothing still.

So here I sit... almost a month and a half after I placed my order and my money was taken. And still I have nothing to show for it. I went to another store at the time I first inquired about the status @ AFMO and ordered the same products. Guess what??? Three days later I had them. SAVE YOUR TIME & MONEY!!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE HUCKSTERS!!!

"Absolutely the WORST experience Ive had purchasing anything online!

Their website alludes that they actually have items in stock. They have NOTHING in stock. I ordered using paypal and they immediately charged my account for the items then sent an email a week late saying the items were on backorder.

43 days later and after numerous phone calls I received a package with the WRONG items! I immediately filed a claim with paypal as you only have 45 days from the purchase date to do so. Im guessing they were attempting to push past the 45 days so there would be no recourse on my end and they would just be able to keep my $$$.

I sent the package back to them and waited another 3 weeks with no refund until paypal stepped in and credited my account.

They are SCAMMERS!!! Dont walk, RUN away from them and dont EVER look back.

"These people are scam artists and bottom feeders of the lowest order. I am friends with a former employee, and they said that it is corporate policy to bait and switch merchandise,and also charge credit cards without having merchandise on order for the customer. Stay as far as humanly possible away from this bunch of crooks and thieves."

"Absolutely the worst experience I've had dealing with an online seller. My boyfriend and I were set to leave about a week and a half after we paid for our backpacks, and we specifically paid extra for two day shipping because of it.

We waited for our order status to change from processing to shipped, since they had already taken the money from his account and we chose two day shipping, but it never changed. So we called the next day and they said that the backpacks were on back order and they would be getting more in on Friday (we ordered on a Wednesday.)

Lo and behold, they didn't appear to get them in on Friday either, since we had checked our order status and it hadn't changed. They also refused to pick up our calls within their business hours. We waited over the weekend, and called AGAIN, this time they said that they still didn't have the backpacks in and didn't know when they were getting them in.

We finally told them to just cancel the order, we were so angry. We have a couple of days left before we leave and we didn't have time to wait for them to get their act together.

Never ordering from this place again.

Armed Forces Merchandise Outlet is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Armed Forces Merchandise Outlet is not a merchant member
Armed Forces Merchandise Outlet does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!