Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"Placed my first order with them for dry goods (a pump and co2 reactor) and paid for ups ground shipping (rather than usps) because it's a 2 day transit to my address. Included a note in the order that I wished to be contacted if they could not ship same day, so I could make arrangements for someone to be home to accept order on a different day. Called 11/11 and order still had not shipped and had been on backorder. They said the order was placed 11/7 instead (incorrect) and that they'd tried to call me (they had not.. no voice mails, no emails, etc). When he asked me if I wanted to cancel and I said I wanted an immediate refund, he was an absolute jerk about it and hung up on me. Took a chance on the company-- never again. The delay of my order meant that my aquarium has been running without CO2 for well over a week. Should have paid more to go through a better company. The ONLY positive thing I can say about the experience is that I received a paypal refund within minutes of him slamming the phone in my ear."

"Please read annap12345's posting from Jan-10-2011.I'm really glad I found and read it too. I had bought the Amazon colored gravel for my 30g aquarium first which was fine. Then I bought the Black Diamond for a 55g. That was the beginning of a horrific nightmare. Blue-green algae! I tried everything to get rid of it, not to mention if I moved the gravel around it puffed black silt. I had rinsed as recommended. Then after months of tears,stinky tank and worry I dumped the gravel.I started over thinking I just got a bad batch and ordered the Red River. It took awhile but the nightmare of thick stinky slimy blue-green algae is happening again. It grows in sheets now so that I can pick out with my hand. BTW my plants never grew at all or very little. I never called the company because I thought it was something I was doing wrong. Now that I know the truth I will never buy from them again!!!!!"

"Having read the reviews on this site, I was a bit reluctant to buy my plants from this company. However, I have now purchased from them twice. On the first occasion, I purchased driftwood and some java moss. On the second occasion, I purchased java fern, an anubia plant, and more java moss. On both occasions, I was happy with the quality of the product that I received. The java fern and anubia I received the second time were better than expected, being healthy and robust plants. The only issue is that the company only ships once a week (this is clearly stated on their website, incidentally), which means that you will not get your shipment as quickly as you expect."

"I gave a negative review for a plant on their website (the plant died very quickly for me), and then later the review disappeared from the website. An older review for the same plant is still there. My reviews for other plants are still there. Only my one negative review was missing, I presume because it was negative. I e-mailed the company's customer support. They e-mailed back, essentially saying that customer reviews are "permanent", but their website's "shopping cart version changed", and that could have affected some things.

"Shopping cart version change"? I'm not buying that as the reason my one negative review disappeared. A company that filters, edits, or deletes customers' reviews has no integrity, and I can't trust them and won't do business with them. What if we gave them a huge benefit of the doubt and accept their excuse? In that case, I still lack confidence in a company that allowed serious technical issues to affect customer feedback and the ability of customers to judge potential purchases. That's a significant problem that degrades my trust in the company. So, either way, I cannot recommend aquariumplants.com to anyone.

modified review This review was modified by biotsrama on October 03 2012 09:21:26 AM

"Boy I wish I found this review site before ordering from aquariumplants.com. I received a disintegrated algae mess - couldn't distinguish amazon swords from java fern. To add injury to insult, the owner, Mark, was extremely uncaring and rude when I tried to work out an agreement. I normally don't write reviews, but it's worth it if I save one person from the treatment I got from this incredibly inept and rude company."

"Took 11 days to get to my house. I ordered 2 day shipping and paid a high price for it."

modified review This review was modified by alvaa on June 27 2012 09:05:08 AM

"Easily the worst online merchant I have ever dealt with. For starters, their advertised shipping policy is sub-par and convoluted. They overcharge on shipping and only ship products out once a week. And that's if you're lucky. And the quality of the plants leaves a lot to be desired. My advice is to stay away from these guys. "

"Placed an order last Sunday afternoon. The website claims shipping within 24 hours, so after 3 days of silence from them I emailed to check the status and got no reply. I called and was told that the CO2 cylinder I ordered was not in stock (the website claimed it WAS in stock at time of order), and that it would be a week before they received it, filled it, and sent it out to me. This was holding up the order. Problem is, I ordered an empty cylinder...so he told me that he would have the supplier drop ship to me and he would ship the remaining smaller items that day.

I still didn't receive any shipping confirmation that day so yesterday I called back for an update. I was told that he did, in fact, get the CO2 cylinder order put in to his supplier so it should have shipped. He also claimed that the remaining items were shipped the previous day. Lo and behold, about an hour later I received a shipping confirmation from UPS that proved I was lied to...the items shipped yesterday. That said, I'm pretty sure that the CO2 cylinder order was never placed on time.

Bottom line...beware if ordering from this vendor. I won't be doing any further business with them, but if you do I'd suggest keeping on top of them until they get the order out.

"Ordered an electronic CO2 regulator from these guys as it came highly recommended from some folks. I grabbed a bunch of other products as well since they listed free shipping on orders over $175. Part of my order also included some Caribsea Seaflor reef sand which apparently does not qualify for free shipping. Before I submitted my order they listed shipping as $0 still, so I assumed (MY MISTAKE) that meant free shipping on everything. My order shipped the other day and low and behold... $40 shipping magically appeared. I called to complain and they said it was my fault - even though their site and my receipt quoted $0.00" for shipping. They offered to send the shipment back but I'd have to pay a return/restocking fee. They also offered a $20 credit, but quite frankly I'm not interested in working with a company like this.

I had also ordered a pair of Viaaqua heaters listed as "IN STOCK" and apparently they've been on back order for weeks. It took them over a week to notify me of this, and that was only b/c I called them directly. They are still listed as "IN STOCK" right now.

BUYER BEWARE.

"Good customer services~ Fast shipping, very nice plants as shown in picture!"

modified review This review was modified by iqshan on March 02 2011 04:56:59 PM

"Buyer beware of their proprietary substrate. Do some extensive searching and you will see that it is Soil Master Select or Turface and at an elevated price for the product. Added your tank KH will decrease by 1-2 points per day for up to 6 months (although they state it is inert). Thirdly, it will “melt” in your tank. The instructions state to only rinse it once. That is because the particles disintegrate with agitation and a web search will show that you cannot, or will have a very hard time rinsing clear. Fourth, the material releases a yet to be identified substance into the tank that WILL cause uncontrollable algae blooms for a long time. I was bitten by the “cheaper than Eco-complete”. Now, I broke my tank down, and paid $10 more than the original purchase for Eco-complete. Their statement is propaganda and misleading. Call a reputable web supplier and ask them how many calls they get to fix issues with this substrate."

AquariumPlants.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

AquariumPlants.com is not a merchant member
AquariumPlants.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!