ApplianceZone Reviews - appliancezone.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.17/10 202 reviews

ApplianceZone is not a merchant member
ApplianceZone does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"It's no wonder they don't actively participate in this website, as they are the WORST merchant I've dealt with via the internet. I do a fair amount of internet shopping, and have never before encountered a company that does not have some kind of telephone support - that should have been a huge clue to Appliance Zone's credibility. After reading the reviews, I'm sorry I didn't check before I entered order nightmare with them. Customer service is certainly not a concern. I ordered a replacement glass turntable for a microwave oven, the product found on their site by searching by the microwave model number. The product resulting from that search is the one I ordered. I didn't make up the number - THEIR search engine is what led me to the incorrect part! (Again, I see I am not the only one who has experienced this.) So then, they want to sell me the correct part, lo and behold, it has been found! But because it's my ordering error (really? Like I maintain a mental catalog of random appliance parts?) they wanted me to return the part, at my own expense of course, and reorder the correct part from them, which they sell for $16 more than some other sites I've seen it on (the original incorrect part was, of course, less expensive, a novel approach to a "bait and switch" scam.) I declined and just asked for return instructions. As with several other reviewers, they had some sort of form, asked for pictures, and basically want the customer to jump through numerous annoying hoops. I've taken the precaution of putting the credit card charge in dispute.
Stay away from this company - again, any company that does not provide some sort of alternate phone customer service should be suspect. They obviously do not want to deal with their customers.

modified review This review was modified by anniec623 on November 13 2013 06:12:56 PM

"BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY - THEY'LL TAKE YOUR MONEY - NOT DELIVER ON ORDERS OR PROMISES & SUPPLY YOU WITH EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
I can not begin to express to you the frustration that APPLIANCEZONE.COM has caused myself & my family. We ordered a part from them to fix our dryer and 40 days later still have not received the part! BEWARE - POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE & FAILURE ON EVERY PROMISE! On October 4th I placed an order with Appliance Zone - Invoice #5067896 The order was for a Clothes Dryer Repair & Maintenance Kit - 4392067 which was supposed to include 1 Multi-Rib Belt, 4 Drum Support Rollers, 1 Idler Assembly, 9 Tri-Rings, 1 Washer and Instructions.

When it arrived on the 10th of October I immediately discovered that the idler assembly (which is the part that is most in need of repair) was not in the package. That very day I got on the website and did live chat with a representative (no phone customer service) from APPLIANCEZONE.COM who informed me that they could not help me unless I filled out a certain form and they directed me to that form. I filled it out that day and then waited patiently. 9 days later I again made contact with a rep on live chat who said they never received a confirmation e-mail from me. I told them I had responded and asked them to re-send it, which they did. I immediately confirmed again my needs for replacement parts and received conformation from the APPLIANCEZONE.COM customer service representative that they had received my response.

Ten days later had to go through the whole process again! CRAZY!! They confirmed on October 31st that the issue had been resolved and a part was being mailed - WELL - I write this review on November 11th - 40 days after placing the original order. They have charged my credit card & I SET HERE WITH A BROKEN DRYER AND NO PART AS ORDERED, PAID FOR & PROMISED!!

modified review This review was modified by markleenerts on November 12 2013 08:34:30 PM

"This is what happens when you order a part from Appliance Zone. You order part xyz, then they order part xyz from OEM or supplier. Status goes to processing. If you inquire they will say it is in stock, when in fact they have ordered it. When they order it they consider it in stock! I received my part in a box that contained the box, Whirlpool shipped the part in. I checked the tracking from Whirlpool and the order was processed two days after I ordered the part from AZ. AZ got the part threw it in a another box and shipped it to me. I was told this via e-mail:
"On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 8:10 PM, ApplianceZone CS Ashley E. <help@appliancezone.com> wrote:
Good Evening,
Thank you for contacting us about your order. Currently I show this part to have an ETA of __11/05/2013___. I can cancel this order for you",....I will be first in line to get part bla bla
But SHE DID NOT CANCEL THE ORDER!. Poof it is in stock and they would not acknowledge this e-mail! If Whirlpool, would have been on back order who knows how long I would have been dragged along. Once again according to AZ policy Ashely should have canceled my order when she said it could be canceled but she did not do that and the lie continued. You never know when the part is really going to ship. When Customer service DOES NOT have A PHONE NUMBER you know there is a big problem! If I would have noticed that I would have skipped this company in a second! Not worth the head aches and now I will have to check my Credit Card to make sure they do not pull any other tricks...they are that kind of company!

"I have purchased hundreds of items over the internet, but I have never taken the time to review any of the merchants. I purchased a replacement door for my refrigerator from ApplianceZone 2 weeks ago. They charged my Amex immediately. Within an hour of my internet order, they emailed me stating that the manufacturer (Samsung) had increased the price of the part, so they could not sell for the listed price of $139.33, which they updated to $248.75. But, with my permission, they were offering me a deal for $237. I told them Sears sold the part for $140 and I would switch my order to Sears if they could not honor their listed price. They emailed me back within an hour and told me they could not honor the price, so the order was cancelled and was turned in to issue a full refund. Well, 2 weeks and several phone calls and emails later, still no refund. All I get is "that is a different department and they are working on it". I received my order from Sears a week ago. Sears still advertises the $140 price. So between the phantom price increase of 70%, and 2 weeks and counting to issue a credit, I will NEVER order from these clowns again. Luckily, Amex is investigating."

modified review This review was modified by rthen on October 22 2013 11:24:41 AM

"I have had a terrible experience with ApplianceZone.com. First the good: I received the products I ordered in decent time. The lower dishwasher rack I ordered was a correct fit. Now the bad: the upper dishwasher rack was not a fit. To return the first one, I had to pay my own shipping cost, which was almost as much as the upper rack itself. I had to purchase again another upper rack from them (they made me do this in order to receive a refund for the first rack I returned). The second upper rack arrived in a tattered box. This second rack was damaged and again, the wrong fit for my dishwasher. I sent this company pictures of the damage, along with a picture of my model and serial numbers from my dishwasher. Again, they are making me pay to return this second one at MY expense(as they did the first), and they do not have a replacement which fits my dishwasher. The only way I can return this second upper rack is for me to pay and order another (non-fitting) one. Their website search produces inaccurate results when I search for parts under my Model number. Worse, they blame me for the inaccurate searches, and even worse, they have not refunded me any money for my return of the first non-fitting rack. To get to customer service is a nightmare: I was first put into consumer Forums instead of being able to communicate with anyone from the company. Then, in order to communicate with a person, I had to pretend I wanted to purchase a new item and the best I got was to CHAT with someone online. Clearly, this Company does not put the customer first. I purchased initially with good intent, but I have now paid for inaccurate upper racks twice, plus postage to return the first one (almost the same cost as the rack itself), and no Refund paid me yet."

"I wish I read these reviews before ordering. I placed an order to replace all heating related elements for my Kenmore dryer after if stopped heating. I knew it was the heating element, but while inside the dryer I decided to replace all the other items (i.e. thermal fuses, thermistor, etc.). My first concern with Appliance Zone was the amount of time it took to process my order - 2 days (a full week - 7 days - to receive). They do warn it may take this long, so if you do decide to place an order with them, make sure it's not an emergency type repair. After receiving my order, my second, and most worrisome concern was one item, the thermister, was defective because I could not get it to register on my Ohm meter. I emailed and explained the situation and they replied saying I needed to go to the repair forum and have this forum decide if I needed a new part. Are you kidding, the part was defective and I just needed a new part. They said they had sold this part for over 6 years and never had a problem. Are they serious, this is their response to assist me after waiting for a week just to get the parts delivered? I explained this was unacceptable and they finally stated they would check with the warehouse for a replacement part and delivery time. After waiting for a week for the first delivery, I wasn't about to wait again for the warehouse to reply. Mind you, this part cost me under $20. Why not just send me another part ASAP? All the other parts were fine, so really it wasn't as if I was trying to get free parts. This part was the least expensive part of them all. I had to order the part from another site and have them overnight the part so I could complete my repair. I would not use these folks again if they gave parts away. As a side note, I also copied the CEO on all my correspondence with customer service and have not heard anything from him. "

modified review This review was modified by meccobb on September 23 2013 10:36:49 AM

"On July 31st 2013 I ordered a Dryer Drum, website said in stock and would receive in 7 days or sooner. After a week and no correspondence , I emailed to find out what was up, I got a response that they had to get it from another warehouse, I sucked it up and waited.

On Aug15th 2013 I received the Dryer Drum with the box poorly taped and dented, I opened the box to find it was the wrong Drum as well as it was dented badly.
I emailed ApplianceZone.com and explained what I received, I was emailed back asking for photo's so they could file a claim and I would get a Return Label ( it never came). Another week or so went by, I contacted them letting them know I needed to resolve this issue, I told they would be sending out another Dryer Drum when the claim was done. After that email I realized this was not going to go well, so I purchased a Dryer Drum from another vendor ( I need to dry my clothes for God's sake).I got my Drum from the other vendor and installed it, still haven't heard back from ApplianceZone.com. I emailed them and let them know they have wasted a great deal of my time and I wanted my money back.

They responded by email that I would need to wait until the second Dryer Drum comes and refuse the delivery, they would then process and refund my Paypal acct.. This is old by now I wish I could choke one of them. On Sept 16th 2013 UPS leaves another Dryer Drum on my porch as nobody was home. much to my dismay this box is in as bad if not worse condition than the first one, out of curiosity opened it to look for damage and the Drum is indeed dented and wrong part again, same as first.

I called UPS and asked them to come pick it up I'm refusing the package, as told to do by ApplianceZone Rep., they said they'll pick it up Thursday. I email ApplianceZone.com to let them know the replacement is damaged like the first one, they responded "take some photo's and we'll file a claim and we'll give you store credit". I was already told in four or five emails I would be Refunded, ( I have 31 emails going back and forth with these crooked bastards). I responded to the email saying I would get store credit advising them I had emails saying store refund, they respond, Oh, someone shouldn't be saying that, I say tuff, I have it in writing.

As one can see this website is set up to do nothing but make money on claims against the shipping companies, because there is nothing happening except damage goods being sent out, no way to speak to anyone on the phone, assistants on email are reading from a book, complete sham.

I'm filing with the Feds next, companies such as this should not be allowed to exist. The photo's are from the first shipment, the second is just as bad if not worse.
Just got an email today from ApplianceZone like the first delivery never happened, expecting me to go through everything again as I did the first time, these people are F***ing crazy.

modified review This review was modified by cleanup911 on September 20 2013 12:38:09 PM

"This is the worst company to do business with. Please, save your money and a lot of aggravation and don't do business with them. I told them what I needed, they did the research and gave me the part number. Days after I order the part from them they told me it would be on backorder. Meanwhile, they quickly charged my credit card. Six weeks later the part finally arrived and it was the wrong part. Now they are giving me difficulty about returning the part. Read their complicated return policy and if nothing else that should be a red flag to stay away from them. One misstep in their return policy and you're out additional monies. Another red flag: they don't communicate by telephone. Every email I have from them is from a different sales person with a different story. Learn from my mistake and avoid these people. Buy elsewhere."

modified review This review was modified by worstcompany on September 07 2013 01:53:15 PM
Rating 4/102/5

"Truly speaking I don't like your products and services.....I was disappointed after getting my order.....

modified review This review was modified by Anna01 on August 08 2013 04:02:35 AM

"If you are reading all the one star reviews, those are the real ones. The five stars have got to be fake. I am in the same boat as all the other poor souls who did not research Appliancezone before they placed an order. No communication from them, its going on two weeks without any notice from this company. My order just shows processing. I have tried their "Live Chat", which is just a computer program that has drop down menus that get you to send in your email and tells you that you should get a reply in 24 hours. Not Live Chat in my humble opinion. This is crazy that this site can exist. I have not heard back, and when tried to cancel my order, I could not believe that you can only cancel if you item is on back order. Pretty crazy when they don't tell you your item is on back order. It is just processing."

modified review This review was modified by Do-not-use-ApplianceZone on August 08 2013 12:55:36 AM

"I ordered a stove door for my oven using their online chat. The problem is that it arrived black, not white. When I contacted them via chat, the only way they communicate, I was told that I would have to mail it back at my cost buy the new one and have that mailed to me at my expense and then they would give me an rma number to return the old one. This means I am paying for 3 shipping expenses. If I don't purchase the replacement door in white from them they will only give me credit for 50% of the cost of the black door! Nothing like backing me into a corner for another sale!
Lastly, I gave the chat person my model and serial numbers before I placed my first order. From that they should have known what color my oven is, that is what those numbers do. If they didn't know they should have asked. A disgraceful business. I ordered the door from another company and I won't go back to this company ever again.
Now I get to duke it out through the credit card company to get my credit due to me as they are not issuing a credit even though I mailed it to them with a tracking number! A awful awful company.

modified review This review was modified by Jayyy2 on July 23 2013 04:46:43 PM

"Be aware. They are bunch of theives. The charged my card before attempting to ship an item just to realize that they don't have it in stock. They promissed to refund by card in tw0 weeks!! Can you believe it? It took them a minute to charge it but it takes two weeks to refund. Anyway, it is July 9th and I have no refund. Of course, I will dispute the charge but it is such a waste of my time."

modified review This review was modified by vohr on July 09 2013 07:21:35 AM

"I ordered parts for a KitchenAid microwave/oven combination, using their parts search software by entering manufacturer, model number and serial number. Received the wrong parts. chatted and emailed with them endlessly and sent them pictures to help them come up with the correct part numbers. When they finally did, I ordered 6 pieces of the springs but received only 5 correct ones and one wrong again. Now they do not want to take back and issue a refund for the wrong parts, all I get from them is excuses.
A sorry organization with lousy customer service.
I recommend to stay away from them!

modified review This review was modified by KnowMan on July 07 2013 01:04:12 PM

"I bought a product and paid for next day shipping. They sent the product GROUND. Then I sent back the defective part to get the 50.00 core refund. It's been over one month since they got the part and all I get are excuses about why they haven't refunded yet. AVOID"

modified review This review was modified by et005 on June 16 2013 06:15:10 PM

"I just bought a simple a/c side panel with dimmensions 11" wide x 14" high.Those dimmensions were right on the part showing on they're site so I just get-it cause thats the right size for my window a/c.When I get the part the size was 11" wide but 12.5" high,I contact them and they told me the messures are appoximatly and is nothing they can do.that's ok,I lost $33 bucks and they lost a potential client cause I do my living fixing appliances in my neighborhood.I just keep buying on Ebay so far so good.thanks"

modified review This review was modified by driveshaft46 on June 11 2013 06:24:23 PM