• Address: 1203 Highway 62 NE

Product & services pricing Rating 4.58/10 4.58/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10

"I placed an order with Appliancezone for a part that cost $5. They charged me shipping of $6.95. When I received my order, the shipping label indicated the shipping cost to them was 1.93. Appliancezone is unethically price gouging their customers by inflating their shipping costs. I have worked in the eCommerce business for many years now and not once encountered a merchant who rips their customers off. According to their customer service rep Jeremy S “it is not calculated per order except in instances where the cost is exceptionally more than the standard flat rate fee” which clearly indicates they could charge customers the true shipping amount. It took me several back and forth emails and me stating “You failed to escalate this to a supervisor. Please do so or I will dispute this with my credit card company via a charge back and file a complaint with the bbb” after I reasonably requested to speak with a supervisor for one to contact me. I have requested they refund me the $5.02 which is the difference in the $6.95 they charged me to the $1.93 that it actually cost them to ship my small gasket. Finally Shelby D responded to me but did not offer to make the situation right. All I am asking is that they refund me the difference in shipping cost and I will be happy to go on my way with no further complaints. If they fail to do so, then I will be contacting my credit card company, the attorney general, and posting my poor experience about Appliancezone online so that no other customers have to deal with their poor service. It is clearly evident that this company has something to hide as the only way you can contact them is by chat or email, no phone calls. This day in age, I should be able to talk to a live person on the phone to have my questions and issues addressed."

modified review This review was modified by MrPatrick585 on July 14 2014 08:56:25 AM

"Ordered a part and received no notice of any kind. Checked a week later and found the order to be "processing." I send an inquiry and after I got back from vacation I discovered (without any notice at all) that my part was cancelled. The email I sent was asking them to contact me... and that is how they treated it. I just gave them a 0% loan with no terms on when I'll get the money back. Crooks. "

modified review This review was modified by cjaspencer on July 07 2014 08:23:07 PM

"I ordered a Faceplate for my air conditioner (Jun 9). After about a week they emailed me and told me that the part was backordered (Jun 14). OK, they should have told me that from the start since I did call them, but OK. Fast forward one week, surprise, part backordered again (they gave an ETA of Jun 19) (Today is Jun 18). :|

I cancelled my order. Or at least tried to. They sent me a message that didn't quite insinuate that. Nothing along the lines of "OK, we're cancelling your order". So I said fine, forget it, keep the order. 5 minutes later I get "Thank you for cancelling your order". 5 Minutes after that I get "Thanks :)". After going back and forth another 4 or 5 times, It turned out that they actually did cancel my order.

Edit: I didn't realize this at first, but it appears that they charged my card before they even had the part in their hands. Filed a paypal dispute and charge was reversed later the next day.

modified review This review was modified by thefonzz2625 on June 20 2014 10:59:55 AM

"Overall.. Disappointed
I placed an order on the 9th. After 4 days with no tracking number, it was explained that my part was back-ordered. Weird because it was in stock when i placed the order. On the 15th i contacted ApplianceZone again, and I told them i would like to cancel my order. After a few minutes of explaining why i don't have time to wait, I need a washing machine, they said it just arrived, and i was assured that my order would reach me quickly. Today is the 20th and i received an email from FEDEX that says my order has been removed from shipping, and is now being sent through USPS.. and i will not receive until at least the 23rd.. so 16 days? ohh if it doesn't arrive on the 23rd i wont get till the following week.. Why does an order take 3 weeks? i've ordered 3 different orders from CALI and they will all arrive tomorrow, also standard shipping, and that was placed saturday. IDK what standard shipping is.. from experience about 3-5 days..

If you need a part and do not want to wash your laundry by hand... don't order from them.

If this gets erased in 20 minutes fine.. ill post everywhere.. If i save one person from what i see ending up being a 3 week order, ill be satisfied.. its not worth saving 10 dollars.

modified review This review was modified by henke27 on May 20 2014 03:20:09 PM

"I ordered new replacement water filters for my refrigerator and am totally 100% satisfied with the order from start to finish. I just read a few of the negative reviews and did not have any of the problems others have experienced. The price was great. The part works great. The delivery was prompt. No hiccups at all. Thx. "

modified review This review was modified by billgoss on April 24 2014 10:45:10 AM

"I ordered 4 soffit vents and paid for overnight shipping. The following day I received a package containing 2 soffit vents that were wrong. Tried contacting the company. I found I had to use something called live chat. The response was fast ,but of no use. All they did was direct me to other pages to fill more paperwork. ( Can't believe there is no customer contact by phone. ) None the less I will never purchase another thing from this company. I am in the building trade and intend to share my negative experience with them. They are good at selling you something and poor at dealing with customer issues. Recommend not purchasing anything from them . Ps There live chat not responsive to customer issue. They simply pass you off or end conversation. PERFECT no resolution"

modified review This review was modified by ScottA7172 on March 27 2014 09:31:47 AM

"It's no wonder they don't actively participate in this website, as they are the WORST merchant I've dealt with via the internet. I do a fair amount of internet shopping, and have never before encountered a company that does not have some kind of telephone support - that should have been a huge clue to Appliance Zone's credibility. After reading the reviews, I'm sorry I didn't check before I entered order nightmare with them. Customer service is certainly not a concern. I ordered a replacement glass turntable for a microwave oven, the product found on their site by searching by the microwave model number. The product resulting from that search is the one I ordered. I didn't make up the number - THEIR search engine is what led me to the incorrect part! (Again, I see I am not the only one who has experienced this.) So then, they want to sell me the correct part, lo and behold, it has been found! But because it's my ordering error (really? Like I maintain a mental catalog of random appliance parts?) they wanted me to return the part, at my own expense of course, and reorder the correct part from them, which they sell for $16 more than some other sites I've seen it on (the original incorrect part was, of course, less expensive, a novel approach to a "bait and switch" scam.) I declined and just asked for return instructions. As with several other reviewers, they had some sort of form, asked for pictures, and basically want the customer to jump through numerous annoying hoops. I've taken the precaution of putting the credit card charge in dispute.
Stay away from this company - again, any company that does not provide some sort of alternate phone customer service should be suspect. They obviously do not want to deal with their customers.

modified review This review was modified by anniec623 on November 13 2013 06:12:56 PM

"BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY - THEY'LL TAKE YOUR MONEY - NOT DELIVER ON ORDERS OR PROMISES & SUPPLY YOU WITH EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
I can not begin to express to you the frustration that APPLIANCEZONE.COM has caused myself & my family. We ordered a part from them to fix our dryer and 40 days later still have not received the part! BEWARE - POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE & FAILURE ON EVERY PROMISE! On October 4th I placed an order with Appliance Zone - Invoice #5067896 The order was for a Clothes Dryer Repair & Maintenance Kit - 4392067 which was supposed to include 1 Multi-Rib Belt, 4 Drum Support Rollers, 1 Idler Assembly, 9 Tri-Rings, 1 Washer and Instructions.

When it arrived on the 10th of October I immediately discovered that the idler assembly (which is the part that is most in need of repair) was not in the package. That very day I got on the website and did live chat with a representative (no phone customer service) from APPLIANCEZONE.COM who informed me that they could not help me unless I filled out a certain form and they directed me to that form. I filled it out that day and then waited patiently. 9 days later I again made contact with a rep on live chat who said they never received a confirmation e-mail from me. I told them I had responded and asked them to re-send it, which they did. I immediately confirmed again my needs for replacement parts and received conformation from the APPLIANCEZONE.COM customer service representative that they had received my response.

Ten days later had to go through the whole process again! CRAZY!! They confirmed on October 31st that the issue had been resolved and a part was being mailed - WELL - I write this review on November 11th - 40 days after placing the original order. They have charged my credit card & I SET HERE WITH A BROKEN DRYER AND NO PART AS ORDERED, PAID FOR & PROMISED!!

modified review This review was modified by markleenerts on November 12 2013 08:34:30 PM

"This is what happens when you order a part from Appliance Zone. You order part xyz, then they order part xyz from OEM or supplier. Status goes to processing. If you inquire they will say it is in stock, when in fact they have ordered it. When they order it they consider it in stock! I received my part in a box that contained the box, Whirlpool shipped the part in. I checked the tracking from Whirlpool and the order was processed two days after I ordered the part from AZ. AZ got the part threw it in a another box and shipped it to me. I was told this via e-mail:
"On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 8:10 PM, ApplianceZone CS Ashley E. wrote:
Good Evening,
Thank you for contacting us about your order. Currently I show this part to have an ETA of __11/05/2013___. I can cancel this order for you",....I will be first in line to get part bla bla
But SHE DID NOT CANCEL THE ORDER!. Poof it is in stock and they would not acknowledge this e-mail! If Whirlpool, would have been on back order who knows how long I would have been dragged along. Once again according to AZ policy Ashely should have canceled my order when she said it could be canceled but she did not do that and the lie continued. You never know when the part is really going to ship. When Customer service DOES NOT have A PHONE NUMBER you know there is a big problem! If I would have noticed that I would have skipped this company in a second! Not worth the head aches and now I will have to check my Credit Card to make sure they do not pull any other tricks...they are that kind of company!

"I have purchased hundreds of items over the internet, but I have never taken the time to review any of the merchants. I purchased a replacement door for my refrigerator from ApplianceZone 2 weeks ago. They charged my Amex immediately. Within an hour of my internet order, they emailed me stating that the manufacturer (Samsung) had increased the price of the part, so they could not sell for the listed price of $139.33, which they updated to $248.75. But, with my permission, they were offering me a deal for $237. I told them Sears sold the part for $140 and I would switch my order to Sears if they could not honor their listed price. They emailed me back within an hour and told me they could not honor the price, so the order was cancelled and was turned in to issue a full refund. Well, 2 weeks and several phone calls and emails later, still no refund. All I get is "that is a different department and they are working on it". I received my order from Sears a week ago. Sears still advertises the $140 price. So between the phantom price increase of 70%, and 2 weeks and counting to issue a credit, I will NEVER order from these clowns again. Luckily, Amex is investigating."

modified review This review was modified by rthen on October 22 2013 11:24:41 AM

"I have had a terrible experience with ApplianceZone.com. First the good: I received the products I ordered in decent time. The lower dishwasher rack I ordered was a correct fit. Now the bad: the upper dishwasher rack was not a fit. To return the first one, I had to pay my own shipping cost, which was almost as much as the upper rack itself. I had to purchase again another upper rack from them (they made me do this in order to receive a refund for the first rack I returned). The second upper rack arrived in a tattered box. This second rack was damaged and again, the wrong fit for my dishwasher. I sent this company pictures of the damage, along with a picture of my model and serial numbers from my dishwasher. Again, they are making me pay to return this second one at MY expense(as they did the first), and they do not have a replacement which fits my dishwasher. The only way I can return this second upper rack is for me to pay and order another (non-fitting) one. Their website search produces inaccurate results when I search for parts under my Model number. Worse, they blame me for the inaccurate searches, and even worse, they have not refunded me any money for my return of the first non-fitting rack. To get to customer service is a nightmare: I was first put into consumer Forums instead of being able to communicate with anyone from the company. Then, in order to communicate with a person, I had to pretend I wanted to purchase a new item and the best I got was to CHAT with someone online. Clearly, this Company does not put the customer first. I purchased initially with good intent, but I have now paid for inaccurate upper racks twice, plus postage to return the first one (almost the same cost as the rack itself), and no Refund paid me yet."

"I wish I read these reviews before ordering. I placed an order to replace all heating related elements for my Kenmore dryer after if stopped heating. I knew it was the heating element, but while inside the dryer I decided to replace all the other items (i.e. thermal fuses, thermistor, etc.). My first concern with Appliance Zone was the amount of time it took to process my order - 2 days (a full week - 7 days - to receive). They do warn it may take this long, so if you do decide to place an order with them, make sure it's not an emergency type repair. After receiving my order, my second, and most worrisome concern was one item, the thermister, was defective because I could not get it to register on my Ohm meter. I emailed and explained the situation and they replied saying I needed to go to the repair forum and have this forum decide if I needed a new part. Are you kidding, the part was defective and I just needed a new part. They said they had sold this part for over 6 years and never had a problem. Are they serious, this is their response to assist me after waiting for a week just to get the parts delivered? I explained this was unacceptable and they finally stated they would check with the warehouse for a replacement part and delivery time. After waiting for a week for the first delivery, I wasn't about to wait again for the warehouse to reply. Mind you, this part cost me under $20. Why not just send me another part ASAP? All the other parts were fine, so really it wasn't as if I was trying to get free parts. This part was the least expensive part of them all. I had to order the part from another site and have them overnight the part so I could complete my repair. I would not use these folks again if they gave parts away. As a side note, I also copied the CEO on all my correspondence with customer service and have not heard anything from him. "

modified review This review was modified by meccobb on September 23 2013 10:36:49 AM

"On July 31st 2013 I ordered a Dryer Drum, website said in stock and would receive in 7 days or sooner. After a week and no correspondence , I emailed to find out what was up, I got a response that they had to get it from another warehouse, I sucked it up and waited.

On Aug15th 2013 I received the Dryer Drum with the box poorly taped and dented, I opened the box to find it was the wrong Drum as well as it was dented badly.
I emailed ApplianceZone.com and explained what I received, I was emailed back asking for photo's so they could file a claim and I would get a Return Label ( it never came). Another week or so went by, I contacted them letting them know I needed to resolve this issue, I told they would be sending out another Dryer Drum when the claim was done. After that email I realized this was not going to go well, so I purchased a Dryer Drum from another vendor ( I need to dry my clothes for God's sake).I got my Drum from the other vendor and installed it, still haven't heard back from ApplianceZone.com. I emailed them and let them know they have wasted a great deal of my time and I wanted my money back.

They responded by email that I would need to wait until the second Dryer Drum comes and refuse the delivery, they would then process and refund my Paypal acct.. This is old by now I wish I could choke one of them. On Sept 16th 2013 UPS leaves another Dryer Drum on my porch as nobody was home. much to my dismay this box is in as bad if not worse condition than the first one, out of curiosity opened it to look for damage and the Drum is indeed dented and wrong part again, same as first.

I called UPS and asked them to come pick it up I'm refusing the package, as told to do by ApplianceZone Rep., they said they'll pick it up Thursday. I email ApplianceZone.com to let them know the replacement is damaged like the first one, they responded "take some photo's and we'll file a claim and we'll give you store credit". I was already told in four or five emails I would be Refunded, ( I have 31 emails going back and forth with these crooked bastards). I responded to the email saying I would get store credit advising them I had emails saying store refund, they respond, Oh, someone shouldn't be saying that, I say tuff, I have it in writing.

As one can see this website is set up to do nothing but make money on claims against the shipping companies, because there is nothing happening except damage goods being sent out, no way to speak to anyone on the phone, assistants on email are reading from a book, complete sham.

I'm filing with the Feds next, companies such as this should not be allowed to exist. The photo's are from the first shipment, the second is just as bad if not worse.
Just got an email today from ApplianceZone like the first delivery never happened, expecting me to go through everything again as I did the first time, these people are F***ing crazy.

modified review This review was modified by cleanup911 on September 20 2013 12:38:09 PM

"Possibly the worst online purchase experience ever. I ordered a part for my dryer that their website said was in stock. They charged my card and then sent me an e-mail saying the part was on backorder and they would not refund my money and let me buy it elsewhere. Three months later and still nor refund and no part. No phone number to call either everything done through e-mail so they can send you generic emails all the time appologizing but doing nothing to correct the situation. Try Repairclinic.com instead. I ordered the same part from them and 7 days later my dryer is fixed."

"This is the worst company to do business with. Please, save your money and a lot of aggravation and don't do business with them. I told them what I needed, they did the research and gave me the part number. Days after I order the part from them they told me it would be on backorder. Meanwhile, they quickly charged my credit card. Six weeks later the part finally arrived and it was the wrong part. Now they are giving me difficulty about returning the part. Read their complicated return policy and if nothing else that should be a red flag to stay away from them. One misstep in their return policy and you're out additional monies. Another red flag: they don't communicate by telephone. Every email I have from them is from a different sales person with a different story. Learn from my mistake and avoid these people. Buy elsewhere."

modified review This review was modified by worstcompany on September 07 2013 01:53:15 PM

ApplianceZone is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ApplianceZone is not a merchant member
ApplianceZone does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!