Stores > Anime Island

sales@anime-island.com

Product & services pricing Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
Voice your opinion! Review Anime Island by clicking a star below.
2017-07-25

No problems so far!

"I've had 0 problems so far and I preorder ALL my nendoroids from anime island.
I'm from the UK so the fact this store can do custom values for me it saves me getting customs fees!
The figures are packaged well and I've never had an issue with their customer service either.
Maybe I'm one of the lucky few to not have issues after reading so many negative reviews, but for me this store is a true blessing.

2017-07-04

They alrightish kinda

So i pre-orded this figure which is still 'awaiting fuffilment' however it's been like 2 months past 'their' estimated release date. The problem is- they're estimated release date is already 1-2 months past the actual release date so they should have more than enough time to release the product by then (other US sites have already shipped their stock ages ago). I'm actually not sure if they are ever gonna ship the figure I ordered but I really hope they do.

Edit: so regarding the figure, they are offering me a refund.

2017-07-03

Went seriously downhill.

"Back in 2012, was my fave place to get figures. Around 2015 though, their system seemed to have a lot of bug issues where if you paid, it didn't reflect on the correct order or you didn't get an email notification of changes to your order. Last year, not did I not get notified when items came in, they didn't ship out fully paid items when they got them either. When I contacted them since my items never arrived (over $200 worth), it was clear there was no organization in how they responded to emails or kept track of orders. I got a lot of run around and in the end cancelled another order with them. My final preorder from Nov 2016 has been released everywhere including Amazon. Still "Awaiting Fulfillment" at Anime-Island."

2017-06-16

Are you stealing from me?

"I full paid 2 items and they haven't answered my emails, the product still say "awaiting fulfillment" but it should have been delivered weeks ago. "

2016-11-17

Horrible Customer Service and Declining Orders

"I had to send so many emails and would get only one reply back.
Their customer service, as described below by others, is really almost non-existent.
I fully paid for items, but they declined my orders anyway.
They're not trustworthy, and they do not answer their phone either.
There are many other toy, figures stores out there. I highly recommend you find others.
DO NOT RECOMMEND ANIME ISLAND!

2016-10-13

Buyers be aware!

"I placed two orders on Anime-Island early July 2016. One is for chibi usagi which released on Sep 30. I contacted customer service that week asking for an update on my order status, couple days later they responded they will "ship shortly" without letting me know when that will happen! I followed with them another week later, they never responded and cancelled my order the next day without any notifications or anything!!! This is horrible!! I then checked the item inventory status online and it showed "not available"! What the heck? Seriously?

Buyers be aware! Their customer support is pretty much non-existent! It's not guaranteed that they will fulfill your order!

2016-06-29

Great Company & Great Customer Service!!

"Been purchasing from Anime Island for a while now but my purchases have been less and less as the shipping prices kept increasing until recently they sent emails saying free international shipping. So i decided to try it out and purchased a Figma with free ims shipping, I live currently in Montreal, I paid the extra fee for tracking (so it wasn't 100% free for my choice but was like $3 CAD extra). They shipped it about 3 days later and it arrived to me in 11 days. Tracking had multiple segments thru two different website links. I did notice item was actually delivered to me and then took another day or so to show delivered on tracking info. So it may be a day or two behind on each step. I did not get charged any customs fees which is a bonus, not sure if it was because of shipping or the small item. I will have to try it on a larger item in the future and see. But either way I am very happy with the new free shipping option AI has offered and expect to be able to purchase more from this US store."

2016-05-17

Complete waste of time.

"I ordered a Nendoroid of Saturn-Tan from Sega Hard Girls earlier this year and it stayed on awaiting fulfillment for 4 months. They would usually put up an update if something goes wrong on their end but no. They did not give me any incite unless I request it. IT doesn't help that by the time I cancelled my order, they told me to wait even longer to I can have it in my hands by now. I pretty much said after 4 months of waiting that I am no longer interested. Their sponsors they work with are also not reliable and might just be worse than them. I would say to stay away from them as much as possible because they are a rip off. I will not be ordering anything from them and other storefronts like them ever again."

2015-11-22

"Got a Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Gohan from AI, as Amazon cancelled my freaking order saying they didnt receive enough. I kept my fingers crossed AI would get it and they did. I only paid for parcel post shipping but when the item came in AI shipped it Usps priority 2 day. That is equal to Amazon prime ship speed and with that they were like $4 cheaper than Amazon. Next time I am going to order my dbz figs from AI!"

2015-11-22

"I preordered the Mario play set D, Yoshi and Spit Fire Mario during a free shipping deal. They shipped it about 6 days after release. Came packaged well, bubble wrapped with foam peanuts. I did pay in full preorder so I would get it as fast as possible. "

tsandy15's Avatar

Ashburn Virginia
2015-11-19

"First time ordering and I ordered the Kotori Minami figure from them. The item did take a little longer than they expected it to arrive based on date on the listing page (about 9 days or so) but that is not too bad. Once I made payment they did ship it out the next day and I got it 3 days later. The item was bubble-wrapped and surrounded with packing peanuts (I hope they are biodegradable and if not they should use something else). Item was perfect and box had no issues. I only contacted them once on November 2nd wondering where the item was and when it was shipping and they responded a few hours later, so not sure about others here who didn't get a reply right away as I seemed to and they explained it would come a week or so later, which it did. "

2015-10-21

"In June 2015 I placed an order for 3 One Piece figuart figures, that were part of a set and were to be released together. I ran into some problems with paypal and accidently created 2 accounts, but was pleased when customer service helped sort them out. However, the estimated release date was August 31, and now it is October 21 and there is still 0 sign of me receiving my figures anytime soon, despite me emailing them a bit earlier with my concerns. I understand that they are an American based reseller and there are unexpected problems that occur with that, but a delay of 2 months with no notifications on their part is completely unacceptable to me. In their FAQ they say that they make posts when significant delays occur, but their last blog post is from February and does not even pertain to the brand I wanted. Do not order from here, there are many more better options when the figure you want is out of stock at your first choice store."

2015-09-16

"I've read the reviews on here which I won't lie I had my doubts before ultimately purchasing a Sonico Ex-023 Suntanned Version figma figure which was in stock. And yes, I was very happy with my purchase. And by the way, I don't pre-order items ever. I just buy items that are in stock. But beside that, my first buying experience with Anime-Island.com went well. I bought the figma figure on 8/21 and received my figma figure within five days via priority mail. They showed me some Philadelphia brotherly love! HA. In the future, if I see a figure that I like (in stock).. I will buy from them again."

2015-09-02

"Been a long time customer of Anime Island and I am usually satisfied with ordering but majority of the time they have a lack of communication for their Pre-order items. Maybe because of the sheer volume of sales but they need to communicate better still. I just found a new preferred Anime store now. "

2015-01-09

"Worst customer service ever! My god, I don't even understand how they are surviving. I hope they go down soon, because I had seriously emailed them about my order 5 times with one response back! I ordered an item as a Christmas gift that was supposed to arrive in November! It's now mid January and I still can't get ahold of them! When I finally got a response, they told me I had to pay for extra shipping charge and I said fine and send me the link, and well no fricken link, no response in over 2 weeks! Nothing! I also had paid for another item that was paid separately and no, no notification, nothing. Don't ever purchase from them! I've never ever in my life experienced this horrible horrible service, I'm about to report them. "

Share Anime Island's store rating

Anime Island is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Anime Island is not a merchant member
Anime Island does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!