Stores > Anime Island

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.08/10 7.08/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.50/10 6.50/10

"Got a Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Gohan from AI, as Amazon cancelled my freaking order saying they didnt receive enough. I kept my fingers crossed AI would get it and they did. I only paid for parcel post shipping but when the item came in AI shipped it Usps priority 2 day. That is equal to Amazon prime ship speed and with that they were like $4 cheaper than Amazon. Next time I am going to order my dbz figs from AI!"

This review was modified by GeneD87 on November 22 2015 06:01:57 PM

"I preordered the Mario play set D, Yoshi and Spit Fire Mario during a free shipping deal. They shipped it about 6 days after release. Came packaged well, bubble wrapped with foam peanuts. I did pay in full preorder so I would get it as fast as possible. "

tsandy15's Avatar

Ashburn Virginia

"First time ordering and I ordered the Kotori Minami figure from them. The item did take a little longer than they expected it to arrive based on date on the listing page (about 9 days or so) but that is not too bad. Once I made payment they did ship it out the next day and I got it 3 days later. The item was bubble-wrapped and surrounded with packing peanuts (I hope they are biodegradable and if not they should use something else). Item was perfect and box had no issues. I only contacted them once on November 2nd wondering where the item was and when it was shipping and they responded a few hours later, so not sure about others here who didn't get a reply right away as I seemed to and they explained it would come a week or so later, which it did. "

This review was modified by tsandy15 on November 20 2015 01:23:19 PM

"In June 2015 I placed an order for 3 One Piece figuart figures, that were part of a set and were to be released together. I ran into some problems with paypal and accidently created 2 accounts, but was pleased when customer service helped sort them out. However, the estimated release date was August 31, and now it is October 21 and there is still 0 sign of me receiving my figures anytime soon, despite me emailing them a bit earlier with my concerns. I understand that they are an American based reseller and there are unexpected problems that occur with that, but a delay of 2 months with no notifications on their part is completely unacceptable to me. In their FAQ they say that they make posts when significant delays occur, but their last blog post is from February and does not even pertain to the brand I wanted. Do not order from here, there are many more better options when the figure you want is out of stock at your first choice store."

"I've read the reviews on here which I won't lie I had my doubts before ultimately purchasing a Sonico Ex-023 Suntanned Version figma figure which was in stock. And yes, I was very happy with my purchase. And by the way, I don't pre-order items ever. I just buy items that are in stock. But beside that, my first buying experience with Anime-Island.com went well. I bought the figma figure on 8/21 and received my figma figure within five days via priority mail. They showed me some Philadelphia brotherly love! HA. In the future, if I see a figure that I like (in stock).. I will buy from them again."

This review was modified by ThoroDude on September 16 2015 12:45:40 PM

"Been a long time customer of Anime Island and I am usually satisfied with ordering but majority of the time they have a lack of communication for their Pre-order items. Maybe because of the sheer volume of sales but they need to communicate better still. I just found a new preferred Anime store now. "

"Worst customer service ever! My god, I don't even understand how they are surviving. I hope they go down soon, because I had seriously emailed them about my order 5 times with one response back! I ordered an item as a Christmas gift that was supposed to arrive in November! It's now mid January and I still can't get ahold of them! When I finally got a response, they told me I had to pay for extra shipping charge and I said fine and send me the link, and well no fricken link, no response in over 2 weeks! Nothing! I also had paid for another item that was paid separately and no, no notification, nothing. Don't ever purchase from them! I've never ever in my life experienced this horrible horrible service, I'm about to report them. "

This review was modified by Moon_is_round on January 09 2015 01:59:48 PM

"I ordered from Anime Island the SH figuarts Android 17 and as usual the prices were great, and shipping is super fast, package always comes in great condition. An excellent store for all your anime products. "

This review was modified by Eldadvg on November 18 2014 01:20:20 AM

"I ordered the Fuguarts Android 17 action figure from Anime Island because they had the best prices for this line and really good ratings. I always order the S.H.Figuarts Dragon Ball Figures from Anime Island. the shipping proces as well as the customer service is very good. Do not hesitate to look them up knowing they get a 5 star in my opinion."

"The price was great. The price was so good for my item that I sprung for the 2 day shipping. My item came within two days, so I can't complain there. Overall, a great experience. I will definitely order from Anime Island again. I'm glad I stumbled upon the site."

This review was modified by gbanks1986 on August 20 2014 09:51:10 PM

"Best Prices, Great reliable seller of Anime figures and items! Have bought many items from them, all have arrived promptly upon their release."

"So far, this has been the worst experience I have ever had. I pre-ordered a Harley Quinn Bombshells statue in January and paid in full. I have since sent 6 emails and posted on Facebook with no response. There is no phone number and since visa/mc cap disputes at 90 days, I am held hostage by a company that can return a single email. I would never pre-order anything from them based on their lack of communications and concern. "

This review was modified by polishweeman on July 11 2014 08:32:01 AM

"Anime Island is my preferred source for buying imported Japanese anime PVC figures. Shipping costs are reasonable and customer service is very good. They keep you updated about pre-order status over e-mail very well."

This review was modified by gregory414 on June 26 2014 05:12:04 AM

"Always great shipping speed once the item is in stock. I've never had a problem with my orders. You pay a little more for the convenience of having it shipped USPS, and you wait longer for the product to arrive in the states instead of ordering directly from a Japanese shop. Still, the service is fantastic. Will continue doing business there."

This review was modified by sschafi1 on June 19 2014 07:51:53 PM

"Item was shipped 2 1/4 months after it had first released in Japan. 1 week ahead of their determined release date described on the website, but well within reasonable waiting range for a much cheaper cost. Figure came in perfectly sized carboard box and stuffed with Styrofoam bits to ensure a safe package. Also had a fragile notice outside for the shipping company to notice, and the figure box itself was covered with bubble wrap. Box itself was clean, and item came new as described. Anime Island could improve their professionalism when it comes to invoices and email replies, but regardless I am very satisfied, and will likely buy from again if they have the figure at a reduced cost from buying overseas! "

This review was modified by shamyboi on June 16 2014 12:24:33 PM

Share Anime Island's store rating

Anime Island is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Anime Island is not a merchant member
Anime Island does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!