Stores > Anime Island

Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

2016-11-17

Best Anime&Toy Store I've Found!

"I've first found Anime Island through google, looking to purchase Sailor Moon Kaleidomoon Scope Proplica. And Anime Island not only carries authentic Bandai products but offers the best price, compared to other online stores including Amazon. Also, they seem to have a lot of promotions including for Halloween and the US election. I pre-ordered the Proplica using a promotion code, including Free Shipping in the US. I believe Anime Island is run by two guys, and they respond to all my emails pretty fast. I just hope they will carry other Proplicas to be released in the future."

This review was modified by KevSon on November 17 2016 07:52:59 PM

2016-10-13

Buyers be aware!

"I placed two orders on Anime-Island early July 2016. One is for chibi usagi which released on Sep 30. I contacted customer service that week asking for an update on my order status, couple days later they responded they will "ship shortly" without letting me know when that will happen! I followed with them another week later, they never responded and cancelled my order the next day without any notifications or anything!!! This is horrible!! I then checked the item inventory status online and it showed "not available"! What the heck? Seriously?

Buyers be aware! Their customer support is pretty much non-existent! It's not guaranteed that they will fulfill your order!

This review was modified by Hotcocoz on October 13 2016 07:42:56 PM

2016-06-29

Great Company & Great Customer Service!!

"Been purchasing from Anime Island for a while now but my purchases have been less and less as the shipping prices kept increasing until recently they sent emails saying free international shipping. So i decided to try it out and purchased a Figma with free ims shipping, I live currently in Montreal, I paid the extra fee for tracking (so it wasn't 100% free for my choice but was like $3 CAD extra). They shipped it about 3 days later and it arrived to me in 11 days. Tracking had multiple segments thru two different website links. I did notice item was actually delivered to me and then took another day or so to show delivered on tracking info. So it may be a day or two behind on each step. I did not get charged any customs fees which is a bonus, not sure if it was because of shipping or the small item. I will have to try it on a larger item in the future and see. But either way I am very happy with the new free shipping option AI has offered and expect to be able to purchase more from this US store."

This review was modified by SuperSonico on July 01 2016 06:24:49 AM

2016-05-17

Complete waste of time.

"I ordered a Nendoroid of Saturn-Tan from Sega Hard Girls earlier this year and it stayed on awaiting fulfillment for 4 months. They would usually put up an update if something goes wrong on their end but no. They did not give me any incite unless I request it. IT doesn't help that by the time I cancelled my order, they told me to wait even longer to I can have it in my hands by now. I pretty much said after 4 months of waiting that I am no longer interested. Their sponsors they work with are also not reliable and might just be worse than them. I would say to stay away from them as much as possible because they are a rip off. I will not be ordering anything from them and other storefronts like them ever again."

This review was modified by scaryred24 on May 17 2016 07:38:00 AM

2015-11-22

"Got a Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Gohan from AI, as Amazon cancelled my freaking order saying they didnt receive enough. I kept my fingers crossed AI would get it and they did. I only paid for parcel post shipping but when the item came in AI shipped it Usps priority 2 day. That is equal to Amazon prime ship speed and with that they were like $4 cheaper than Amazon. Next time I am going to order my dbz figs from AI!"

This review was modified by GeneD87 on November 22 2015 06:01:57 PM

2015-11-22

"I preordered the Mario play set D, Yoshi and Spit Fire Mario during a free shipping deal. They shipped it about 6 days after release. Came packaged well, bubble wrapped with foam peanuts. I did pay in full preorder so I would get it as fast as possible. "

tsandy15's Avatar

Ashburn Virginia
2015-11-19

"First time ordering and I ordered the Kotori Minami figure from them. The item did take a little longer than they expected it to arrive based on date on the listing page (about 9 days or so) but that is not too bad. Once I made payment they did ship it out the next day and I got it 3 days later. The item was bubble-wrapped and surrounded with packing peanuts (I hope they are biodegradable and if not they should use something else). Item was perfect and box had no issues. I only contacted them once on November 2nd wondering where the item was and when it was shipping and they responded a few hours later, so not sure about others here who didn't get a reply right away as I seemed to and they explained it would come a week or so later, which it did. "

This review was modified by tsandy15 on November 20 2015 01:23:19 PM

2015-10-21

"In June 2015 I placed an order for 3 One Piece figuart figures, that were part of a set and were to be released together. I ran into some problems with paypal and accidently created 2 accounts, but was pleased when customer service helped sort them out. However, the estimated release date was August 31, and now it is October 21 and there is still 0 sign of me receiving my figures anytime soon, despite me emailing them a bit earlier with my concerns. I understand that they are an American based reseller and there are unexpected problems that occur with that, but a delay of 2 months with no notifications on their part is completely unacceptable to me. In their FAQ they say that they make posts when significant delays occur, but their last blog post is from February and does not even pertain to the brand I wanted. Do not order from here, there are many more better options when the figure you want is out of stock at your first choice store."

2015-09-16

"I've read the reviews on here which I won't lie I had my doubts before ultimately purchasing a Sonico Ex-023 Suntanned Version figma figure which was in stock. And yes, I was very happy with my purchase. And by the way, I don't pre-order items ever. I just buy items that are in stock. But beside that, my first buying experience with Anime-Island.com went well. I bought the figma figure on 8/21 and received my figma figure within five days via priority mail. They showed me some Philadelphia brotherly love! HA. In the future, if I see a figure that I like (in stock).. I will buy from them again."

This review was modified by ThoroDude on September 16 2015 12:45:40 PM

2015-09-02

"Been a long time customer of Anime Island and I am usually satisfied with ordering but majority of the time they have a lack of communication for their Pre-order items. Maybe because of the sheer volume of sales but they need to communicate better still. I just found a new preferred Anime store now. "

2015-01-09

"Worst customer service ever! My god, I don't even understand how they are surviving. I hope they go down soon, because I had seriously emailed them about my order 5 times with one response back! I ordered an item as a Christmas gift that was supposed to arrive in November! It's now mid January and I still can't get ahold of them! When I finally got a response, they told me I had to pay for extra shipping charge and I said fine and send me the link, and well no fricken link, no response in over 2 weeks! Nothing! I also had paid for another item that was paid separately and no, no notification, nothing. Don't ever purchase from them! I've never ever in my life experienced this horrible horrible service, I'm about to report them. "

This review was modified by Moon_is_round on January 09 2015 01:59:48 PM

2014-11-18

"I ordered from Anime Island the SH figuarts Android 17 and as usual the prices were great, and shipping is super fast, package always comes in great condition. An excellent store for all your anime products. "

This review was modified by Eldadvg on November 18 2014 01:20:20 AM

2014-11-13

"I ordered the Fuguarts Android 17 action figure from Anime Island because they had the best prices for this line and really good ratings. I always order the S.H.Figuarts Dragon Ball Figures from Anime Island. the shipping proces as well as the customer service is very good. Do not hesitate to look them up knowing they get a 5 star in my opinion."

2014-08-20

"The price was great. The price was so good for my item that I sprung for the 2 day shipping. My item came within two days, so I can't complain there. Overall, a great experience. I will definitely order from Anime Island again. I'm glad I stumbled upon the site."

This review was modified by gbanks1986 on August 20 2014 09:51:10 PM

2014-08-02

"Best Prices, Great reliable seller of Anime figures and items! Have bought many items from them, all have arrived promptly upon their release."

Share Anime Island's store rating

Anime Island is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Anime Island is not a merchant member
Anime Island does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!