Stores > AmiAmi

• AmiAmi

Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"I have ordered 3 different item from AmiAmi: D-Arts Mewtwo, a Goku candy figure, and SAS Parasyte Shinichi and Migi set. I used tracking on two and one without tracking. I have never had a problem from them in that department.
I would say their pre-order and shipment guessing game takes so much time to get fixed considering they're based out of Japan. Here in the U.S. I have to wait from them after a few days and not within the day that I would prefer. The breakdown: if you need to make changes on info for the shipment etc, it is tedious. But other than that...they are a solid company.

"Bad handle & poor care to customer when problem occur
I purchased a pre-owned Limited Edition figure with normal SAL shipping service from amiami around end of December 2014. Item didn't arrive in maximum arrival time (2 months). Contacted amiami during end of Jan 2015 (standard reply given & i continue wait), seek for local post office for my item but wasn't there. End of Feb 2015 contacted with them again after max arrival time & mail with amiami ended up need to ask for invoice reference, amiami provide wrong invoice details & i pin point to them. Reply given was not pointing the right section & they stopped responding after that...Yet i check with Local HQ post office still no sign of my package....

Lesson learned & to share:
Tracking number shipping is important to minimize trouble, amiami is not professional after all after this bad experience because they don't really take extra well care on their customer whom in trouble after sale.

This review was modified by kochipai on February 28 2015 03:34:47 AM

"I usually like to order my merchandise from HLJ, but their stock isn't the widest, so I decided to try another shop to get some other things I was interested in. Their prices look reasonable and are on par with many other Japanese anime merch shops.

And like many of those anime merch shops, the search function is atrocious - they don't have a button to filter out out-of-stock items, so you get everything from the beginning of time that matches your keyword. (Though you can do it manually by fiddling with the search parameters in the URL bar). It makes it very difficult to just browse; you would need to know in advance the name of the exact item you're looking for.

Also, they use the same site for their Japanese customers. AmiAmi English version is simply the translated version. Meaning that a lot of the items on the site are only for shipping within Japan (you would need to have a forwarding service to be able to order them). I noticed this was the case for a number of figures.

They don't show the weight of items, so you have no way of guessing how much your package is going to weigh. You are supposed to select your shipping option before you place your order, and they offer about 4 different methods. I wasn't too happy to get billed for a much more expensive shipping option in the email I was sent. Fortunately, when I went to the site to pay, they gave me two shipping options that were basically the same price (about $33) but different speeds. I had heard from other buyers that you can ask them to spilt up orders to make the shipping cheaper, but since they don't tell you the total weight, there's no way to know whether it would fit in 2 separate small packet shipments.

My last complaint is with their "end of the month" ordering system. They say that you can order as much as you like during the month, select that you want the order grouped with other orders later. I took this to mean that I would get a bill during the last week of the month, and so would be free to place several orders. I placed 2 orders in June, asked for the grouping option, but was sent a shipping bill on the 17th. That's more than 10 days before the end of the month.

Overall positives: wider selection than some other merch shops

Overall negatives: browsing is clunky, shipping options mysterious, and I wouldn't recommend using them unless you want to get one item that you really need that you can't get anywhere else.

"For me its the best site for buying otaku stuff. Their customer service is phenomenal and their prices are pretty good as well. My only pet peeves are they will only give you the shipping cost after you confirm your pruchase of the item. The problem here is that they dont allow you to cancel items in most cases so just shop carefully. Moving on, their offer combined shipping on monthly orders which is really helpful in my opinion. You can be sure their items are all authentic as well. Buy without fear, amiami is the best in the business!"

This review was modified by GuiltySpark on September 15 2013 05:29:18 PM

Share AmiAmi's store rating

AmiAmi is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

AmiAmi is not a merchant member
AmiAmi does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!