"Purchased an Asus 6870-us015S from American TV West Madison. As part of the sale negotiated a 14 day return same as cash. As a part of the sale they agreed to price match within 30 days if I found the item at a lower price.

Found out my desktop should have been equipped with wireless and it is 66.00 cheaper at tigerdirect.com. I contacted the store with my concerns and after some conversation the sales person agreed to provide me with the wireless adapter from their floor model. (humm.. I'm not sure Asus would cover that as part of the warranty.) I found the item for sale at tigerdirect.com for a much lower price and requested a price match. To my surprise that they would not price match tigerdirect.com and when I asked why, they provided examples of other vendors they would price match instead of stating the specific reasons why they wouldn't price match.

Based on my experience with them at this point, unless you are getting a super good deal and have no plans on returning the item. DO NOT PURCHASE from them, their goal seems to be getting you out the door and then when you want some customer service, they find any reason they can to deny you customer service.

I would prefer to buy from online retailers, Bestbuy or anywhere else at this point. I will be returning my desktop for a refund and this will be my last experience with AmericanTV

Edit: after speaking with our original sales person they agreed to price match tiger direct and I am keeping the item. I will however think twice about doing business with them again.

modified review This review was modified by frazafi on March 02 2013 02:12:59 PM

"They sell "warranties" on their furniture. Do not buy! They don't even attempt to honor them. We bought an expensive leather couch ($3800, expensive for us anyway) and paid an extra hundred for a 7 yr warr that was to include unlimited refills of this "special leather cleaner and conditioner" fluids. Went there today and they told me that company was out of business. I thought I was buying the warr form American since they have their logo printed on the warranty paperword. They would not refill and honor the warr that we wasted $100 on. Will never do business with them again. Dishonest shill game with their warranties."

"I purchased a 42" plasma and a 5 yr. warranty. The tv is having some problems and I contacted the warranty dept. 6 weeks and over 15 phone calls, no tv, no return phone calls, no joy. They say they haven't received my fax of the repair estimate. Stay away from this store, check the BBB ratings before you purchase, not too impressive."

"This stumbled-upon, windfall seller is recommended.

Around the time of the sale (late 2008), I was looking everywhere for a computer that was quickly disappearing from everyone's shelves and stock. I had picked up one of the last (and decently priced) from Newegg and was looking for another; if most sellers didn't have them listed as discontinued, or out of stock, the exorbitant price mark-ups were very unattractive.

A seemingly random search tangent brought up American(TV) as a dealer. It confused me that the small chainstore could be carrying such a highend item, but in retrospect, it seems like a highly reliable HHGregg for internet orders.

The excellent price was topped off with fast shipping. The UPS tracking number was provided the next day, and several days later, packaged received.

Whether or not it was luck, this risk taken with an unheard-of store gave me much better results than the Newegg purchase. (The latter's item was dead on arrival, and no exchanges were feasible.)

There was never a reason to contact American(TV)'s customer service, and to this day, the item is in great shape.

Will update the post if there are any future orders.

modified review This review was modified by Bi0NicSQUiD on June 16 2010 10:34:16 AM

"No problems with my online order. Quick email confirmation, and they had the lowest price for the Black Sony DSC-T100 at the time. Shipped out in a day. AmericanTV is also a Sony Authorized Internet Dealer. "

"Bought a Jvc bigscreen in Febuary. Have had 2 technician visit's in home to diagnose the problem. Technicians state that Jvc will not let them replace the unit? 6 weeks so far without my new bigscreen!!!! They are coming this Friday to pickup and repair. The explanation is that they need to do this repair at American as there is some soldering involved and they do not want to stink up the house? What a crock! If you can find someplace else with better warranty service go there! Filling out a complaint with Consumer Protection next. American used to actually care."

"Have bought lots of stuff from them in the store...generally a good place to buy appliances or large tv's.....the best way to describe it is best buy with commision paid sales people so if you like being helped it's a good place to go....If you just want to look, go to best buy...."

modified review This review was modified by destaccado on January 15 2004 11:37:35 AM

American TV is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

American TV is not a merchant member
American TV does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!