Stores > American Musical Supply

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
Voice your opinion! Review American Musical Supply by clicking a star below.
2017-04-01

surpised

"I'm really surprised at the bad reviews. Used them for about a year and a half now with 4 purchases and I have had no problems. Even bought a new unit as my got water damage and stopped working and when the new one came, my old one miraculously started working again. They took the replacement one I bought back with no hassle what so ever. So far things have been great and the shipping has always been 2 days every time. "

2017-03-27

Best Service Possible

"When I first opened this page. I was shocked to see a less than a 5 star rating. Maybe in the past American Musical fell short with some customers. Then again people like to complain more in today's world than be great-full. With that being said. I have made four purchases with them this year (2017). Their service has been nothing short of excellence! Everyone that I have had the pleasure of corresponding with has been extremely pleasant, accommodating and knowledgeable. I highly recommend doing business with American Musical. Rarely do you come across a company with this level service. As I have been treated. From conversations, shipping, receiving and returning. They have had my back 100%. I hope this review was useful! "

2017-01-20

Worst Company EVER!

"Absolutely horrible company. Website advertised that it was free 2 day shipping when it wasn't. The website says free two day shipping next to stuff when you order it but then the company ships it fedex ground and just hopes that it is going to make it within two days. Then when you complain they say didn't you read the fine print that it is clearly advertised that it is going to be ground and that if you wanted 2 day shipping you should have paid for it, it is shady practices to say one thing and then in small print change it. Now they refuse to give me my money back or ship the product overnight even though it has not left the fedex origin facility due to weather. Long story short they are using deceiving practices and based off the reviews (I wish I had read before ordering through this company) a lot of people have felt the same way about their shipping methods."

2017-01-03

They ripped me off!!!

"I ordered a Marshall amp from them. it was a repacked unit, but sold as 100% perfect and tested with full warranty... It arrived in a busted box, miraculously the unit was not smashed.... I tried the unit, and noticed it didn't work right (it came with wrong footswitch). Noticed excessive humm, and could smell something burning. checked the tubes, and had on them what looked like burnt syrup? I told them, they said they would get me a new tube kit, and correct footswitch, and could bring it to a repair facility, and could be serviced under warranty...
I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING. And they won't let me return it. I will have to file a claim with my credit card company. So I have this expensive amp that I paid for, sitting on my floor for over 2 months now, that I can't even use!!!
Buyer beware, don't use these clowns...

2016-12-21

the BOTTOM Line

"I have purchased products here before, last time being KRK Rokkit 8s. I liked the fact that they offer payment plans and have a price match guarantee. So I was about to make another purchase of almost $2000 and thought with the Christmas time coupon, free shipping and tax savings (because I am out of state) it would be a good time to pull the trigger and get a Kawaii VPC controller. Talking with them by phone I verified the competitor price match.... YES, tax free ....YES and payment plan.... YES but then their representative informed me the competitive price guarantee had to include tax even though I was exempt because of my shipping location. The A-hole says, the other guys price would have included tax so..... we have to price match as if you were paying tax. What the hell??? The competitor doesn't pocket that tax money, it is remitted to the state in the form of Sales Tax!!! But AMS wants to pocket it, misleading price match guarantee at best.

Hello....is that not one primary reason why people shop online, Why I would buy it from AMS instead of driving down the street to a big box store. I thought to myself, what a bunch of shysters!!! Plenty of other music stores to choose from and Guitar Center has it in stock right down the end of the street ;-( C.ya

2016-11-02

Avoid AMS and Their Horrible Customer and Financial Services

"I called American Musical Supply (AMS) at 1-877-281-8332 requesting to change the credit card on record to another card (3) three days in advance of my pending monthly charge- it was never done even after getting an authorization number. After not getting a reply to my follow up email, I called AMS to reverse the charges and apply it to new card and I was told by Elizabeth, (Supervisor) that was not possible and that my original phone call to place request was not on record.

Customer service did not fare better: the so-called supervisor -Harold- put me on hold forever to discourage me from placing a complaint against AMS. He eventually pick up and put me on hold again to "direct my call" only to be directed to "the person you are trying to reach does not have a valid voicemail...goodbye" and then got disconnected. When I called again, Lori was just as clueless and put me through the same voicemail nonsense. The only person that DID find my data was David that although helpful was condescending and would not tolerate me complaining about this whole senseless issue. He eventually hang up too.

You have been warned: Once AMS makes the sale they will drop you like a hot potato and will treat you with disrespect. It took me more than a month to get manufacturer's warranty information on the same defective instrument after repeat calls and emails- it is true they would not honor their own "extended warranty". Sweetwater is TEN times better than this company in every aspect.

Zylcho's Avatar

Planet Earth
2016-10-11

Wow Really Mark?

"First time purchase of a laser light, liked the 3 payment option. At the end of the transaction ON THEIR SITE NOT A POPUP stating get $100 for doing a survey. Was Bizrate survey, did it anyway and at the end was pick 4 magazine subscriptions. Contacted customer support and was informed by an idiot named Mark "we do apologize but we do not control their pop ups or surveys". Wow really Mark? For this deceptive policy I would give them no stars if possible. The only thing they did right was contact me instantly. I don't give one flying frack to a company that throws you to the lions after you make a purchase. Enjoy your reviews, but I see you don't even participate here."

2016-08-21

Very pleased with my order

"On Friday I ordered my pioneer ddj sx2 from AMS I was a little iffy because of the reviews but u know how humans can be sometimes so I decided to just go with it anyways long story short ordered friday received my package yesterday which was Saturday the only issue I have is a/c adapter works perfect the system works properly but THE ACTUAL USB HAS A SHORTAGE IN IT everytime I plugged it in I have to hold it in to make it stay but otherwise I am happy with my choice I will be contacting them about that cord as well"

2016-07-23

Surprised to see all these negative reviews

"I've been buying from AMS (American Musical Supply) since 2009, and have purchased mostly basses and bass gear from them. They're always quick to answer questions, phone support is nice, and twice when there were manufacturing issues with basses, AMS paid for the return and the replacements were shipped before they even received my returned instruments.

I was shocked to see the negative reviews here, because I have yet to have a negative experience. I buy from Guitar Center, Musician's Friend, Sam Ash and a number of other stores, but for me, AMS is my music store of choice because of the the way I'm treated whenever I have a question or issue.

Their support reps are nice as well as helpful, and the folks I've talked to seem to know the gear pretty well, too. I love their three payment plan with no credit check and fast shipping. What can I say? Everyone has their own unique experiences; mine with AMS have been very good.

2016-07-02

CAN'T Count on them. NEVER NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE.

"I ordered a Mic that I could not get anywhere else because I live in a remote area. I SPOKE to a person and we talked extensively about needing a saturday delivery. I needed this because I ma putting on a LIVE show on FB that 3000 + people are going to watch. Now I have NO microphone, on a saturday on a holiday weekend. These people ****! "

2016-06-30

If you value your gear DO NOT SHOP AT AMS!

"I never received my package, even though fed-ex said it was delivered. When I contacted AMS about it I received very poor customer service! I even spoke with the supervisor Harold (ext 7021). He basically told me that I did not matter as a customer, I even requested his supervisor, to which he would only reply.... "I can transfer you to their voicemail". I WILL NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN.

SHOP AT THESE PLACES:
www.musiciansfriend.com
www.sweetwater.com
www.zzounds.com

2016-03-28

Bait & Switch

"Purchased a guitar only to find out days later that it was cancelled by someone at AMS. It was a deep discounted item that showed in stock when I ordered it, but mysteriously was out of stock when I inquired about it. I feel like if you say it's available and I pay for it, I should get my product."

2016-01-20

Customer Service ****

"To make a long story short. The return process takes weeks not days. The refund process takes even longer. If you have financed anything with them. They will NOT give you a refund on returned items, only a credit to your account. Although telling you the entire time that you will be receiving a refund. Also, if you have one of their bs payment plans. Make sure they only have one credit card on file for you. They will charge any card on file even without your permission. Their prices can be easily matched by Guitar Center or Amazon. I strongly recommend GC or Amazon. American Musical is not worth the headache."

2015-12-18

" I bought a guitar from AMS which was an excellent instrument, but did not suit my playing style. I called them a month later and they told me to send it back for a full refund. I then ordered another guitar that was better suited to me from AMS. They sent me the new guitar which I received the day after I ordered it. The new instrument was delightful. My customer service experience was the absolute best I have ever had. I am sold on AMS as a source for my equipment needs now. Thank you AMS."

2015-11-17

"I order A Behringer 24 channel mixer from American Musical Supply. I bought it at the same price 5 other companies were selling it for including Musicians Friend where I have shopped before. There web site advertises 2 day delivery. (Please look at the site to confirm.) So I place my order on Thursday before 4 p.m. which they said it would then be shipped that day. I received a call from them around 4:30 confirming so shipping info. The rep said she would still try to get it out that day. I said as long as I get it by Tuesday it would be ok as I was leaving on Wednesday and needed to take it with me. She said it would be there on Monday. IT WASN'T! So I followed the tracking info and found out it will not be delivered until Wednesday. So I called and spoke to the customer service dept. The supervisor said they do not guarantee 2 day delivery. I asked him about the ad on his website as well as my conversation with the rep on Thursday and he was not apologetic at all and was kind of rude and simply said they say there is no guarantee. He then said if you look at the shipping information down at the bottom in small letters you see "more shipping information" click on that and you see it says "most" packages. Well if you read it that is the only exception word on their entire website. Please look at the information and see the false ad's they put out. I would not want to deal with this companies customer service for more serious issues. "

Share American Musical Supply's store rating

American Musical Supply is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

American Musical Supply is not a merchant member
American Musical Supply does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!