• Rating 5.33/10 43 reviews

American Musical Supply is not a merchant member
    American Musical Supply does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • American Musical Supply contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10

"Called and talked to a sales rep prior to purchase, then ordered the FSR Classic Player Jazzmaster. FREE Shipping - Delivered in 2 days via Fedex. The Guitar was unopened, in the original box from Fender with all the case candy, and it was packed in another larger box, yes double boxed. Excellent pristine guitar, and could not be happier with AMS service. Thanks!"

modified review This review was modified by Blues_Guitar on March 29 2014 07:58:06 AM

"Oh my gosh where to begin... I am writing this because of the 1 star review I just read where the guy complains that ams only matches pricing and doesn't beat it. I am sorry but how much more spoiled can people be? How about rating the company on quality of product and service? I mean they will match a lowest price and let you put the item on a payment plan with no interest. Shouldn't they make any money? I mean come on. This is a great place to buy gear. They ship fast and clean and usually have sweet scratch n dent deals where you can't even find a flaw in the item. Jeez people are so spoiled!"

modified review This review was modified by CaliA on January 05 2014 08:50:27 AM

"I was looking for availability and best price for a new Behringer midi controller that was announced over a year ago and Behringer took way too long to release it. American Musical Supply were one of the first retailers to carry it! I found the items and chatted with an online customer service rep named Valerie. She addressed all of my concerns and even gave me a sweet break on the price!

Shipping was ultra quick and the price was considerably less than any advertised price online. I got my order and noticed one item was faulty (not the sellers fault, but the manufacturer's fault). I contacted AMS and they promptly sent me an RMA and return label and shipped out a replacement as soon as they got confirmation that I shipped back the faulty unit. Most retailers make you wait until they receive the faulty item back and then they ship out the new one, but AMS didn't do that so that was a huge plus as well.

I'll be shopping here again for sure!

modified review This review was modified by pream5 on July 16 2013 01:20:02 AM

"AMS does not BEAT competitors price, just matches which is useless. if i see $200 at MF and send price, they think i will spend $200 with them IF THEY Dont go lower?....i dont think so..."

modified review This review was modified by jimsi777 on July 09 2013 10:48:48 AM

"Be very wary of this shady and deceitful company. They advertise that you can participate in a payment plan (8 months, 12 months, whatever), with NO INTEREST, just EASY payments.

Well, what they do is charge you $15 per month (per payment) fee. Which is just another way to gouge you for money, and is worse than an interest rate, normally.

These people are shady and sleazy and deceitful. Yes, everybody should read the small print; yes, nobody does.

modified review This review was modified by doogiebird on June 22 2013 09:49:22 AM

"After having "good rep" with AMS, I ran into some financial difficulty and called AMS ahead of time to let them know I would not be able to make my already scheduled payment. After speaking with a account rep she advised me that AMS would be sending me emails to remind me of my over due payment and to disregard those emails and to pay when I could. Well, that was actually a lie, SHE was calling me 3 times a day and calling my work number 3 times a day and my house number as well. That's a total of 9 calls from her daily plus the emails! All over 60.00 measly dollars. I paid it eventually but I told her they had just lost a valued customer because of their harassment. Her answer was, well it is legal for us to call that many times. Yeas AMS, you all lost a good one....JERKS."

modified review This review was modified by lauralove on June 12 2013 08:18:09 AM

"Their 45 day price guarantee is bogus.
I have no idea why they even advertise it other than to deceive you!

modified review This review was modified by tonykylim on March 28 2013 08:19:44 PM

"Worst customer service ever!!!!! The supervisor hung up on me, and they wouldnt allow me to return a product I bought and actually lied about why I couldnt return it."

"great Fender Mustang III amp. Everything seems to be new and the shipping was quick. Thanks!"

"I've been a customer of theirs for over 15 years. I've used Musicians Friend and Sweetwater too. I have NEVER had a issue with AMS. Just bought a Gibson SG from them. I shopped all of the above mentioned places before I bought it. They matched MF price TWICE, once before the sale, and the day after I ordered found another online price cheaper, then they matched it too. Ordered on the 12th, received a PERFECT Limited Edition Aged Cherry SG 2 days later. They are located in Midland Park, NJ, so a flawless purchase in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy. I trusted them enough to buy from them and like always they did not disappoint! Thats all I have to say about that....."

"well i did some looking around and I wanted gear to start recording some good music. I order about $800 worth of stuff.I did the 3 payment plan and I order over the net. i called back and forget one thing and they added it real fast to the list. they ask for my information like everybody saying and sent me a confirm email with tracking numbers that same day. it ship Friday, we know Fedex as a Saturday Deliver but they are in New jersey and I'm in Connecticut and they said it would be there Money and guess what Everything came brand new wrap in the box well. my twitter is DatKidSwagg, I'm here as a real customer no fake for AMS....the one bad thing i had was when they didn't have the item in stock and i dint know when it was coming so i canceled the order but AMS is way better than most "

"I placed a pretty large order at American Musical (I've shopped here before) and I was surprised to find out that every item from my $1500+ order was shipped from New Jersey and arrived at my house in 3 days! I had heard that it can take longer from their other warehouse. Needless to say, I was a happy camper because I really needed this gear for my rehearsal space. I see the ratings below are a bit specific. I have only returned 1 or 2 items to AMS but it was very easy. The customer service person took care of everything for me."

modified review This review was modified by deanisdean on September 25 2012 06:26:11 AM

"I have purchased many items from American Musical Supply and they have never let me down. The most recent purchase was a gift for my sister and not only did I get a great deal, it arrived exactly on time! I would recommend AMS to anyone looking for musical equipment. They are the best!"

"Terrible Company. Won't get what you pay for. I bought a high end guitar that was damaged and inoperable upon recieving the guitar. Sold me something that was clearly used, damaged, returned and resold to me as new.They ddn't send me a tracking number either. They charged my card for things I didn't authorize. The list goes on. Stay Away!"

"Unbelievable bad service. I placed an order on wednesday, then, due to AMS absurd credit verification procedures, after two calendar days verification was not completed and I cancelled my order.
The worst is they book the order´s amount on the credit card as first action, then (don´t) run their absurd credit check (verify name, surname and phone with customer´s bank), and not as last action, when the credit check is positively completed. The amount of the cancelled (or not accepted) order stays blocked on the credit card until the customer´s bank release it.
Never met such a bad service level, neither in the so called 3rd world!