• American Musica

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.38/10 4.38/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"Piss poor customer service !! Ordered a simple gift card for my son's birthday. 3 days after my son's birthday, 3 weeks AFTER I ordered it , they still never delivered it AND customer service reassured me it would be overnighted the day before my son's birthday. Nope !!....and get this ...I couldn't get a refund !!...WTF ?!?!?....They didn't even offer ANY compensation for their pathetic service !!! They said they'll overnight it ( I'm guessing they will this time ? ) and I should have the card in 2 days. So , 5 days late for it's intended " gift " and 3.5 weeks after it was ordered...and if it comes? My son will be stuck with an AMS crappy service gift card. I cant believe this type of crappy service with just a simple gift card !! "

This review was modified by RXRINAZ on March 30 2015 03:23:28 PM

"I have ordered from these guys off and on for years and never not once have I ever had any issue.this company never tries to take advantage,for instance I wanted to 2 day ship my guitar and the salesman talked me out of it because the regular shipping was fast and sure enough he was right..people need to get another hobby other than complaining .If you order the item and can't pay as promised of course they will call I'm sure any business will want you to hold up your end ..what is the world coming to??READ all disclosures before you order,it's not that hard.most of the complaints on this site sound childish and selfish,MOST not all.this company has always done me right and for that I thank them,you have to pay for yor items that you agree to,price match is a match,not a beat..the company isn't a charity,or a crisis center,get it together people"

This review was modified by Vaccarochad on March 21 2015 07:37:29 AM

"I purchased a Yamaha keyboard pack as a Christmas gift for my mother-in-law. When she set it up she couldn't get the keyboard to stay on the stand. My husband tried setting it up as best as he could. My mother-in-law just started getting piano lessons and her instructor noticed that the stand wasn't the correct stand for that particular keyboard. I called customer service to request a replacement stand and the CS manager informed me that I was calling 33 days after their 45 day return policy and they cannot accept any returns. She also told me that their corporate division select the stands for the keyboards. I'm surprised that they do not have specialists fulfilling the keyboard packs. I am very disappointed that a Customer Service manager couldn't think outside the box and provide me with a replacement stand that would cost them $24.99 for their mistake. I have decided to purchase the replacement stand elsewhere. The keyboard is working fine and my mother-in-law loves it. I also placed this same review on their website and it hasn't been posted."

This review was modified by helpforyou on March 04 2015 06:25:16 AM

"Buyer BEWARE!!! I bought from this company feeling secure in my purchase because they offered a 45 day return policy. When I attempted to return after about six days, I called for a return "authorization number," I was told "There are no return on headphones due to health issues." NOT TRUE!"

"Ordered a DJ Mixer and case on a Tuesday. Due to a shipping issue the tracking info showed it would arrive on Thursday so I was able to book a gig for that weekend. However, on Thursday only the case arrived. Called and found out the items were sent in separate shipments and the Mixer was actually scheduled for a Monday delivery. I explained the situation about having a gig booked and needing it for the weekend. A supervisor got on the phone and was able to arrange to have a second unit shipped overnight. I received it Friday and was able to use it over the weekend. They also sent me a pre-paid return label for the other one that arrived later. Kudos to them for going the extra mile to make sure a customer was happy!"

This review was modified by letitrip on December 15 2014 08:47:55 AM

"I ordered a Les Paul guitar from American Musical Supply only to find out that they did not actually have the guitar in stock (even though it was shown on their website). I was told it was a "pre order" from Gibson and would maybe arrive in 2-3 weeks but they really didn't know when. No one could even tell me when it was ordered from Gibson. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told that they were only a call center and there was no one I could talk to other than the call center manager (who was NO help). I was told they have no access to the buyers or any of their information - phone # or email address. What a joke. STEER CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY!"

This review was modified by GeneDailey on December 02 2014 12:33:52 PM

"For over 10 years of buisness love AMS'. Any issues are normal at any type facility and are always handled appropriately! "

This review was modified by Prs7975 on October 31 2014 03:26:58 PM

"Absolutely rude customer service. I was a customer for years through early 2012, and the company's customer service - their attitude on the phone - is abysmal.

You are just another phone call and order to them. Nothing more.

With so many options out there -- steer clear.

AMS is a subsidiary of Guitar Center.

This review was modified by AMSblows123 on October 16 2014 03:31:41 PM

"i love AMS I have been ordering from them for probably 5 years and never had a problem, the only issue I ever had was last month I orders a thunderbird Bass guitar and dint get the case. (Should have) anyway I went to the site and found a scratch and dent thunderbird case for almost half off so I ordered it. Later that night I found out they were sold out of the case and made a mistake and charged my card, however I talked to a manager and he sent me a brand new one at the scratch and dent price that was already debited from my card, that's great customer service."

This review was modified by Mongo1976 on October 07 2014 10:16:58 AM

"I have ordered twice from AMS and both times it was a joke. The shipping is the worst that I have ever experienced. It was 4 days before my product even left their ware house. Then it took two days longer than it was estimated. Then once the product showed up, it didn't even work. The customer service is terible. They don't answer any of your questions and proceed to patch you through to the credit department every time you talk just so they can ask you the same questions over and over again. I'll never order from AMS again. I have had much better luck with Amazon, zZounds, and Musicians Friend. "

This review was modified by hopeshighmusic on September 27 2014 07:37:54 AM

"I have been purchasing musicians products from AMS for over 20 years and have spent thousands and thousands of dollars with them. Their customer service has gone downhill in 2014. I recently purchased a guitar amplifier. It was not shipped out on time. It was shipped from their MS warehouse rather than the NJ warehouse (I live in MA and get AMS deliveries within 1 to 2 days). I contacted them and told them it wouldn't arrive in time because they shipped it late and from the wrong warehouse...so please contact Fedex and have it returned since I would have to purchase locally for a series of gigs that needed a Vox amplifier. It was returned to them by the carrier. They never refunded my money. I have been on the phone with them almost daily since it was returned on August 22nd. They do not have the means of refunding my money since it has to be processed by the warehouse first to get a refund. The warehouse won't process it for some reason. I NEVER RECEIVED THE AMP!!!!! Customer service will not resolve the issue! The credit department will not resolve the issue. The next step for me is to contact my credit card company have them charge back AMS. Because AMS is so close to me, I have always tried to purchase from them because of their quick delivery. Since this isn't the case and since they have ripped me off. I will do business with Musicians Friend and Sweetwater....whom I have never had an issue with. Please make AMS feel the pain of their poor business practices and do business else where."

This review was modified by RMSFender on September 12 2014 10:18:46 AM

"DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!

That is unless you want to be screwed over, and have to deal with rude customers service "tech"s. I truly wished that I stuck with the other company I was going to order from.

Don't waste your time or money.

This review was modified by mattbronson on August 04 2014 05:21:01 AM

"I live in Canada and found a guitar strap that I really liked.
First off, I found the strap on a Chinese website for around $80 including shipping.
I searched a little more and found it at AMS for about half that.
The catch was, they FedEx everything to Canada.
Basically shipping was as much as the strap.
Why they can't just use good old USPS is beyond me.
So I ordered the strap (that I really really wanted) and a few others, to justify the shipping.
My order comes and 2 of the 3 strap are what I ordered.
The 3rd, unfortunately, was the one I really wanted, that would match my favorite guitar.
And it was NOT what I ordered.
I contacted them and they said they could nothing for me.
Actually they said "we're really sorry about that, but there's nothing we can do".
Nothing you can do?
You can bite the bullet and send me the strap I wanted!
YOU fucked up, not me!
YOU should pay for fucking up!
So I will never order from them again, nor would I recommend them to anyone.
It seems th days of customer service have long since passed.
I will order my straps from A Chinese distributor from ow on.
Fuck you American Music Supply!

"I have bought at least 10 things over the last few years at AMS and financed most of them for a 3 or 8 month plan. I have no trouble at all, and only had one lemon which they gladly sent me a return label and refunded my money. I love this place. Even with less than great credit they still give you a chance to finance. I will use them again soon. DONT use Zzounds. Horrible."

"1st, spent many days reviewing guitars and amps online to decide on what I wanted to buy. I decided on a Modern Player Telecaster Plus and a 40W amp and some accessories too. About $700 total which was a little more than I budgeted for but with payments I could do it. AMS offered 3, 5, 8, 12 month payment plans and 1-day shipping after the order.

I applied for the 8 payment credit and was turned down because this my credit rating wasn't high enough. I was also told that the number of payments allowed was different on every guitar and I had to choose one that fit the exact number I was looking for. So already I'm now being told I need to buy based on their payment numbers even if I've been approved for more credit than the item I want. Also a lot of the guitars that qualify for the payment plans show out of stock and have for over a week.

But I was told I did qualify for the 5 payment credit line for up to $2000 in merchandise. Wow that's still pretty good I thought. So thinking I now understood the rules, I began looking for guitars and amps that were allowed 5 payments! Almost none were allowed 5 payments except those that were over $1000 each. But after searching a long while, I found one $600 guitar I liked that was OK for 5 payments and again called in to order it and an amp. This time I was told I couldn't do it because the 5 payment plan required a minimum order of $1000! (The better 8 payment plan only required $500. The 3-payment plan only $250.)

So fed up I decided just to get a simple guitar and amp on the 3 payment plan as I was just a beginner and would buy a better one some other time. I successfully ordered a guitar and amp package and accessories for about $300. That was Friday. Apparently they don't work on the weekends.

On Monday at the end of the day EST (where they were), they still hadn't confirmed shipping and showed credit verification. I called them and found they were rechecking my credit again. And they specifically say in their ads the 3 payment plans don't require a credit check. I was told it could take two or 3 more days.

Then, I saw the 1st payment amount show up as pending on my card before they finished the credit checking or shipping . This worried me that I was going to get stung. I gave up and called them again and canceled my order. They never even asked why. If you are paying upfront maybe they are OK. But their payment plans are not at all what they claim to be and are at best extremely confusing.

This review was modified by Graystone55 on May 19 2014 02:50:10 PM

Share American Musical Supply's store rating

American Musical Supply is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

American Musical Supply is not a merchant member
American Musical Supply does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!