"I ordered some memory on Aug 30th. The next day I noticed I needed a different configuration so I cancelled my order. On Sept. 10th I received a notification that my order had shipped. I contacted them by email and told them I would return it and expected a refund. UPS tracking shows the order was returned Sept. 29th. I contacted them again,by email,for a refund. I have sent numerous emails over the years for my refund and not once have I received a response. Someone said they went out of business but the just changed their web address. If you order from them hope whatever you order works because you will never get a refund."

"I ordered a new wireless pci-e card for my computer from them. I was SUPPOSED to be new. They sent a USED one that DIDN'T work. I asked for a replacement and received an RMA number and sent it back. NOT ONE SINGLE WORD FROM THEM. THEY'RE NOT IN BUSINESS ANY LONGER. I GOT RIPPED OFF. "

"I ordered a laptop bag from this outfit. After several days of no shipment confirmation, I emailed twice, then called. Gentleman said that item was in stock, but currently "behind" a truckload of new stock, and would definitely go out in the "next day or 2". 3 weeks later, after several more emails from me, I get a 1-line email stating that item no longer in stock and my card not charged (they still have my card info, though...). Stay away from this site - bad reviews. "

"I bought a pinnacle pc hdtv tv tuner card.
The card was used, even have some signature on the installation cdrom surface! It is not brand new. it is second-hand product. This information SHOULD be revealed to consumer but the company didn't! Try to avoid this store.

"I ordered a Creative Labs modem with a speakerphone but was sent a modem without one. I called customer service and was told I would be called back. No call back. I wrote to customer service and also received no reply. Stay away from these crooks. This is what gives E-tailers a bad name."

"I ordered a used motherboard, received it, and it didn't work. I called to get details and make sure I understood their return policy. The CSR and (more so) the tech rep seemed annoyed with me, but told me to just send the board back.

I called the morning following the day I received notice that the ruturn board had been delivered; the CSR told me the lady who handles their ruturns was out that day, so I asked to speak the the guy I had spoken to previously, and she passed me on to "Richard". Richard said they would send out another board that day.

After some time (a week +/- 2-days). I received two boards-- One, the dual PIII OR840G I orders, and another single processor PII/PIII board. Neither worked.

Now - since 1989 (8088s) I've build countless systems. The first HDD I installed was a Seagate ST225, 20MB MFM HDD, jumper settings, debug, low-level formatting.... the works.

I've spent 22 years in the US Army as an electrical/electronics technician on communications equipment and aircraft weapon and sighting systems (my troubleshooting and systems integration skills and experience are second to none)!

Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems.
Master's in Instructional Systems Design

Current employment: Computer Simulations Engineer - Aviation Warfighting Simulation Center, Directorate of Simulations, US Army Aviation Center. All day/Everyday I build computers, install OSs (MS, Linux, Solaris, Irix...), install specialized software, configure network services....

I placed every component I attempted to use on their motherboards on a PII/PIII 100Mhz motherboard that I have, and everthing (processor, memory, video, power supply) works flawlessly.

3 Boards from ADC:
No Beep
No Video
No POST

1 – The first Board didn't work
2 – Neither of the 2 boars sent the second time work. They just don't work.

"I purchased two (2) MSI RX1300LE-128MB Half Height PCI Express Cards on 11/21/2007 from American Design Components - I emailed American Design Components on Monday 11/26/07 inquiring about status of the order - No Reply from American Design Components – Tuesday 11/27/07 I called American Design Components - Spoke to someone who said they could not find the order - Then said they will ship the order via 3 Day UPS - I still have NOT received any shipping confirmation or Tracking Info. from American Design Components - Filed a PayPal Claim on 11/29/07..."

"Purchased an expensive Epson printer at a "best on the internet" price; happy to say they shipped within 12 hours of the time I made the purchase via Paypal, and it arrived yesterday (cross country NJ to Oregon) via UPS.
Item is perfect, brand new (as advertised) and works great.
I'm quite happy with this outcome. ADC is NOT one of the big stores that has computerized product packing/picking and automatic invoicing and such, so getting the paperwork was not as instant as it would be with a bigger company; I think the printer was actually shipped before I got the invoice! But Rene in Customer Service was great on the phone, IK gotg the paperwork, and as I said at the start, the product was both a great deal, and perfect.
I'd do business with them again for sure.

"I ordered a oem video card for half the price at a major retailer. Its the exact same thing except without a retail box. Shipped and received fast. A+++ Works 100%"

"Great company, Great prices, Fast Delivery. Item was just as described. I received it the day after I ordered it."

"I just received my order for three supposedly NEW Maxtor SATA drives. One started to smoke when I plugged it in, the other two have 6000 and 10,000 hrs on them respectively. What's wrong with this picture? I just sent them an e-mail, lets see how they respond. Will keep you posted."

"Fast turn around, nice refurbished laptop at a good price. "

"Placed an Order for an IBM Deskstar. Received a "used" IBM deskstar that is 4 yrs old. It has bad sectors and I am frustrated that it was never indicated "clearly" that it was used ($60)."

modified review This review was modified by evansnf on October 06 2005 10:56:33 PM

"Great store! Item was well packaged and shipped fast. Will use them again."

"Items in on-line catalog not accurately described and with incorrect pictures. Have no confidence that the items received will be what I need. Customer service conveys an indifferent attitude with problems. A waste of valuable time and effort. Won't be back. Thank you."

American Design Components, Inc. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

American Design Components, Inc. is not a merchant member
American Design Components, Inc. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!