• Rating 6.50/10 31 reviews

Ambient Weather is not a merchant member
    Ambient Weather does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Ambient Weather contact information

"I tried to order a rifle scope which Amazon listed as "over 10 available" with this company. The next day I got an email saying my transaction was cancelled because they were out of stock. Now the item is relisted by Ambient Weather with "over 20 available" but at a higher price. Seems this company raises prices when orders start coming in, and cancels the others. I would stay away. "

"7 days ago I ordered an item from Ambient Weather and my credit card was billed the same day. The next day I received an e-mail from the company stating the item was not available. I still have not received credit on my CC. I think it was either irresponsible or fraudulent that I was billed for an item that was not even in stock. I will not purchase anything from this company again."

"Ambient Weather has been my preferred provider of weather related equipment as they have the best prices and a comprohensive selection of equipment including accessories. "

"I BOUGHT A #6251 VANTAGE VUE WIRELESS WEATHER STATION WITH A DAVIS INSTRUMENTS #6312 VANTAGEPro2 CONSOLE.
I HAD A LOW BATTERY PROBLEM AND REPLACED IT AND IF HAPPENS AGAIN
DAVIS INST. WILL FIX FOR FREE.
MY REVIEW IS EXCELLENT FOR AMBIENT WEATHER

modified review This review was modified by CKOHOUT on May 14 2011 06:14:05 AM

"well just got screwed hard by Ambient weather .com they won't send a shipping label for a bad unit. Scumbags want me to pay ! I did not send out a unit that was misrepresented the second unit is bad says N A all the time and bad rain bucket don't work yet they want me to pay for shipping what a crappy company ! Other companies at least offer free shipping. Oregon sientific is not very accurate on their models capabilities and measurements"

"I ordered a weather station and mounting hardware from Ambient Weather and was extremely satisfied. Their prices were great, shipping was fast, and everything was just as expected. Would definitely shop there again!"

"If you live in Canada, DO NOT ORDER FROM AMBIENT WEATHER.

I ordered a $54.00 radio from them and paid $25.00 in shipping to UPS, which I assumed covered duty. 5 Months later I got an additional bill for 20.00 from Fed Ex, for the taxes/duty. When I contacted ambient weather they basically could not explain the charges, they claimed they didn't use Fed Ex and that it must have shipped with a 3rd party.

The bottom line, I paid $45.00 in shipping/duty for a $54.00 radio to be shipped from North Carolina to Nova Scotia. It was a complete rip-off.

"They don't stand behind the products they sell. I bought a temp probe and it was broke out of the box. They said 2-6 weeks to RMA it. What a joke. Buy somthing and then wait another 2 to 6 weeks to use it. Find another seller.

Nov 3, 2010. After filing this complaint here I recieved an email from Ambient and he did everything required to change my mind about thier customer service. I have never seen follow-up like this from any company. Being an I.T. manager I deal almost exclusivly with online products and when an item was less than satisfying I have rearely found it a good experience. I rate Ambient's customer service exceeding any other I have delt with. I will order from them in the future. A complete 180.

modified review This review was modified by skippypb on November 03 2010 05:44:12 PM

"I spent quite a bit of time over several weeks evaluating Personal Weather Stations. The information at ambientweather.com comparing stations on features and price is superb. Once I settled on a Davis station, the prices at Ambient for the things I wanted were the lowest I could find. My order was shipped promptly and arrived in perfect condition."

"Excellent products, excellent service. Have bought from Ambient Weathermany times in the past, and have always been satisfied."

"I placed an order on their web-site for a wireless refrigerator thermometer on 6/25. I received both a confirmation e-mail and tracking number from UPS the same day. The order was shipped UPS ground and arrived today, 7/1, as expected in perfect factory fresh condition. Very smooth order; no complaints."

"Bought an outdoor thermometer with hygrometer. Good price. Great packaging. Fast shipping. Took a bit of time to calibrate, but works great now. Thanks!"

"Great prices, great selection, quick ship, no surprises. I have already ordered a second display console from them!"

"I have purchased Midland Two-Way radios from Ambient Weather for twice already. I am very pleased with their service. They ship fast (next day in my case), items are as described (sealed brand new) and their price is unbeatable. Their customer service is superb. Mr. Ed Edelman was very helpful and prompt in responding to inquiries. Highly recommended. "

"Ordered a GE 06694 24 hour digital power strip timer - 3 pack. When I received a single power strip, I called the customer service line. The person that answered the phone was very pleasant and said she would have to call the dropshipper but she would get back to me. I was pleasantly surprised when she actually did call back fairly promptly. Here's where the pleasantness ended. I was told that there was an error in the description that they received from their dropshipper and I couldn't possibly believe that I was going to get 3 power strips for that price. When I pointed out that yes, I did believe that I would receive 3 since the description stated a 3 pack not just once but 3 times. I was then told that it wasn't their problem since it was the dropshippers error. When I suggested that they had a responsibility to verify the information that was posted on their website, I was told that I could have my money back less a restocking fee once I returned the item at my expense or I could keep the item for what I paid for it. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told that she was in charge of misshipments and if I tried calling again, I would still end up talking to her so not to bother. Since I really wanted the item, I chose to keep it but I will never order from Ambient Weather again."