Stores > Amazon.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.60/10 4.60/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.73/10 3.73/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.49/10 4.49/10
2017-01-10

It feels like xmas everyday

"It feels like xmas everyday when i order from amazon. I always forget what i ordered and when i get home i have a new package to open. Honestly I rarely get the wrong items. Out of maybe 100 orders per year I got one wrong shipment. And it was very easy to fix through their online system."

Terrible

"I accidentally used my amazon.com UPS pre-paid return label on a box that contained three textbooks that I had rented from ecampus.com for this past semester. Ecampus notified me that they never received my books and so I contacted amazon and realized that I had made this mistake. I requested that they return my textbooks and I would send them the correct return as well. I acknowledged that this was my error and mentioned paying for the postage to have my items. I was advised by their customer service team that "Usually the customer finds out what happened and contact us immediately but if the item had time to arrived at the fulfillment center and they were delivered there's no action we can take." and "The books were most likely to be donated to charity. We do not re-sell or keep any items that are sent to us by mistake. " I inquired why that would possibly be their protocol to just keep, throw out or "donate" items that were obviously sent in error and was advised that "Even so, when customer present this issue, when can contact the carrier rand ask of them to return the item to the sender, meaning you. But you are contacting us know that the package was delivered so the carrier already closed any information fro the package. " Which is 100% inaccurate because you can guarantee they noted that I sent the wrong items that I had purchased from them and would not issue me a refund therefore, it most certainly is attached to me and there is no reason why a consumer should not be notified in such situation when they mailed the wrong items to amazon.com. But no, their protocol is to knowingly keep the items and not notify the consumer. "

2017-01-05

Prime member for 5 years!

"I've been using Amazon for a long time now. They have so many things I would normally buy from stores on their online store that I rarely have to leave the house to buy something unless it's for groceries. Most things come with free shipping in two days, which is a steal when you're an Amazon Prime member. It definitely pays for itself after a few shipments.
Any time there's an issue with one of my orders, they are friendly, polite, and act with a sense of urgency to help me out.
And don't even let me get started on the TV show/movie access Prime came out with a couple years back. The Man in the High Castle. Check it out.
Amazon is a phenomenal company with a great model and fantastic employees.

Bad business practices

Bad business practices AMAZON

I placed order with amazon for Flight Log Turbulance Got 7 cd it was declined by my bank unsuccessful one time on Dec.24,2016 then Dec.30 I customer reordered same cd different merchant different credit card successful then it was canceled and amazin DID NOT NOTIFY VIA EMAIL OF UNSUCCESSFUL ORDER BUT CATCH THIS charged me SUCCESSFULLY FOR AMAZON PRIME I DID NOT ORDER ON FIRST CREDIT CARD THAT WAS UNSUCCESSFUL DEC. 24 ..LOL..WOW!!!! THEN I DID NOT GOT EMAIL REGARDING THAT PURCHASE I FOUND OUT BY CHECKING MY BANK ACCOUNT..HMMMM...SO I CALLED THEM TWICE REGARDING BOTH ORDERS AND EMAILS MIX UP AND FOR MY INCONVIENCE INSTEAD OF SENDING ME MY ORDER ONLY OFFERED ME 10 CREDIT I DECLINED I WANT MY ORIGINAL ORDER THAT WAS SUCCESSFULLY PLACED ON DEC.30 ..I ASKED AND REQUESTED THIS BUT NOT GRANTED ..BUT THEY SURE MADE SURE THEY GOT AMAZON PRIME PAYMENT HOW GREEDY AND SELFISH ..WELL YOU HAVE JUST LOST A CUSTOMER AND THIS HAS HAPPEN AT LEAST 3 TIMES IN PAST WITH AMAZON..

This review was modified by ArcheaCotton39 on January 05 2017 03:01:14 AM

thugwyfe420's Avatar

Ogden Utah

My go to for everything

"Ive been a prime member for years now and its my everything. I use it to buy everything and am on it constantly"

2017-01-03

Amazon is Amazing

"I have been a customer since 2003, I am currently a Prime member who shares an account with family members. So pretty much every week someone is buying something from Amazon. So I can say that I am an experienced Amazon customer at least, I bought a number of items over the years big and small, expensive and cheap you name it. I have to say that their customer service goes above and beyond to keep me happy.
To give you an example I bought an LG Microwave in July the thing stops working. So naturally I call manufacturer to get a refund, LG tells me that I have to buy a new LG microwave and send sticker of old microwave to them. To make a story short, I refuse to buy another item from a company that makes crappy microwaves, and I threw out old microwave because family member bought a Panasonic. I did forward proof of purchase but oh no they manhandled me to buy a new LG. So I desided to call Amazon the seller of the microwave to see if they somehow have the serial number of the unit. I tell them that I am going to give LG the number for a refund. I expected to get into a further shouting match with LG and wanted to be prepared. Well the Amazon customer service rep says to me that she will give me a refund right there on the spot for $150 plus. Naturally, I am grateful and take the refund, when I asked her why, she said that Amazon felt responsible for selling the unit. I can't believe that Amazon gave me a refund when it really has nothing to do with them in the first place. And believe it or no this is a very common policy with Amazon to refund no questions asked. I have had problem as with third party sellers, they refund me, Usps loses a package, they refund me on the spot and contact USPS. I also can say that 99 percent of the items that come from Amazon warehouse comes on time perfect. And I ordered at least tens of thousands things on Amazon. If there is a problem it is usually from a third party seller not Amazon, and Amazon takes responsibility for seller. I don't know any other company with this track record.
The second thing I want to mention is Prime, I have been a member of Prime for four years the rate went up a couple times but I can't say I not killing it with the shipping costs. Because I order a lot with Amazon the cost of two day shipping would be astronomical, but Amazon keeps about 85 of items Prime available. I very rarely see an item where I have to pay for shipping. I also have to mention that Amazon also has very competitive prices for items even items under Prime so I feel like I am getting a over all deal. If you add up the cost of items from other websites with the shipping, I noticed that I still overall saving money with Amazon Prime.
So those are my experiences with Amazon, I have been a customer for fourteen years and I am still in awe! I am happy.

This review was modified by Instantkrma on January 03 2017 10:15:10 PM

2017-01-02

Amazon screws over it's sellers

"If you are thinking about selling items on Amazon, don't. Use eBay instead. Their return policy is terrible. You are required to accept any and all returns regardless of the reason. On eBay, you can control which items can be returned and place a time deadline on the returned items.

Most stores don't accept holiday items after the date of the holiday. Amazon makes you accept those returns. I have had items returned in used condition after the holiday that I sold as new before the holiday. Simply not ethical. Amazon needs to change their return policy.

Don't use Amazon. Use eBay!

This review was modified by Nothappywithamazon on January 02 2017 01:11:58 PM

2016-12-30

Amazon Prime

"I have been an Amazon Prime member for over a year. It is great when I need something in a hurry and it isn't available locally. I like that addition of music and streaming. Added bonus"

2016-12-25

Not bad

"When I checked online stores, amazon would be a good choice if I need it in certain time. Normally it won't let me done. This time I ordered something for Christmas, and the package arrive in time as usual.
Will definitely use it again.

2016-12-24

Crappy customer service

"If all works out, which has been rare for me, all is fine. When there is a problem, it is almost impossible to get it resolved. "

This review was modified by Kiahna on December 24 2016 02:18:48 PM

2016-12-22

Excellent - My Go To Place For Almost Everything

"This is a great site. I have prime so I rarely pay for shipping. My items usually arrive on time and when I've had to return I get a full refund to my account or credit card. It's great for Christmas and birthday gifts."

2016-12-21

Amazon Censoring Reviews

"I've had Amazon prime for some years and purchased thousands of dollars of products from their site. Now they've removed my review of a defective product I got and ignored my request to resolve my issue with their A to Z guarantee and replace the product. They refunded my money, but that's not what I wanted after the product went up 35 bucks in 1 day. This isn't the first time this has happened. They nixed my first review because I talked about the horrible seller in 5% of the review and have refused to post any further reviews because "I'm biased" I can no longer trust their reviews if they are willing to censor negative reviews. I even posted a simple product review on my wife's Amazon account just for the product and they removed that after posting it for 24 hours without explanation. They are obviously protecting some products and sellers against negative feedback. I was able to post negative feedback on seller reviews. I'm going to nix Prime next year. Their prices are really going up and I've had stuff saved in my cart go up significantly in seconds before I could check out. "

2016-12-20

pain when it comes to credit cards

"I received a gift card that had only $10 and I tried to order and item and I just needed a penny from the credit card the rest I used was from my gift card balance and it said they denied it and here the card had plenty on it. I was so mad that the card didnt even work and of course amazon did nothing I called and the balance was fine on the card and it didnt get hacked and even if it did it was only $10 on it. If your going to use amazon dont use credit cards Im sure they get hacked but amazon wont accept them and they say they do. I found another item to order same price and it went through I think amazon may have been having tech issues because its close to the holidays."

This review was modified by Redmadras on December 21 2016 02:50:53 PM

2016-12-20

I have not once had a problem with Amazon.

"I have bought literally tens of thousands of dollars worth of merchandise from Amazon. Hundreds of thousands if you count products we've ordered through our business. I've not had a single problem that Amazon could not resolve. Returns are incredibly easy, no questions asked, even when items are sold by shady third-party vendors.

I've had a few issues with Amazon's shipping, since they do an awful job at times... like putting a heavy metal pot and a fragile piece of glass in the same box. However, when I complain a new item does arrive no charge two days later.

2016-12-19

Ants in Shipping Box

"I recently placed an order on Amazon.com that was shipped on time, but delivery was delayed due to snow (only by one day). A neighbor picked up the package from the post office for me since I was at work and left the package sitting on my couch. I opened the box and found an ant crawling on an iPad case. I brushed it off and didn't think much of it. When I looked in the shipping box, it was full of ants. The couch that the box had been sitting on was also covered with ants. They were crawling up my walls and across the floor. This wasn't 1,2, or even 10 ants... it was more like 20+. I contacted Amazon, but since nothing in the package was damaged the only response I got was that it would be documented. However, I was informed that they sell live ants for ant farms. What a joke. Very disappointing and not worth the effort of having to rid my house of ants."

This review was modified by DWright07 on December 19 2016 04:38:24 PM

Share Amazon.com's store rating

Amazon.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Amazon.com is not a merchant member
Amazon.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!