Stores > Amazon.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.82/10 4.82/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.70/10 4.70/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.08/10 6.08/10

2016-02-01

Extremely fast shipping, perfect customer service.

"I've placed hundreds of orders on amazon over the past 4 years. I've never once had a problem with shipping or returns. When you place an order, it's processed and shipped out that day or the next morning. When I need something quick with peace of mind if something is wrong, I buy from Amazon. "

2016-01-31

amazon is a great place to shop for items

"I found some items to be cheaper on Amazon than anywhere on the internet.
Great customer service as well.

5 stars

2016-01-29

taking over the world

"Let's be frank, you can get anything and everything on amazon.com and you can get it cheaper and faster if you use prime.

It's an amazing service that is setting a new bar for retail..

hail to the chief!

2016-01-23

Technical glitches up the ying yang!

"I'm trying to purchase a TV on Amazon. I log in, place the TV I want to buy in my cart, select the payment (confirm the credit card number) select the correct address and the screen to Place Order comes up. I press the Place Order button and the screen pops up a spinning wheel as though the transaction is being processed, but then the screen with the Place Order button comes back up.

I've tried at least 20 times to place the order. Called Amazon and spent over an hour on the phone, had them do the "screenshare" to see exactly what is happening, and after more than an hour they say there is a technical problem on their end and can I log off and wait 2 hours and try again. (They also don't like that I'm using Firefox and keep asking me to use Google Chrome. I don't have Chrome on ANY of my three computers - two mac and one PC.) Then they ask me to delete all of my cookies and browsing history. I do that - on all three computers and every F'ing time the same thing happens. I get so fed up I go online and download Google Chrome to see if that "fixes" the issue. Same dam problem.

What's even more ludicrous, AMAZON doesn't allow purchases over the phone so even though I've allowed them to see my account and they can see the TV in the basket, and can see me push the Place Order button, they won't place the order for me! What a bunch of MORONS!

So now it's three hours later and I try again - same dam result! Call Amazon, the first woman hangs up before I even get a chance to say what is going on. Call back and go through the entire spiel again with another rep - who again asks if I can use Google Chrome (is Amazon getting a kickback from Google for every person they get to install Chrome?).

The rep says can I place you on hold and get some more information. After being on hold he comes back on and apologizes and says that unfortunately, they've sent a report to their techs, but they HAVEN"T FIXED THE PROBLEM AND CAN I TRY AGAIN IN 24 Hours. WTF!!!!

So this is a multi, multi BILLION $ company and they can't get their dam site to process an order. I'm going to demand my Amazon Prime fee back and search for another source to purchase this TV.

SCREW YOU AMAZON!!!!!!

This review was modified by andyherman on January 23 2016 10:39:40 PM

2016-01-21

Amazon is ok for $50 purchases, but don't buy anything of significant value!!

"I ordered two security cameras on Nov 22nd with a delivery date of Dec 11th, worth around $2000. The order was never delivered, and after 8 calls to customer support I got a refund two months later.

The only option to contact Amazon was the chat, which is based in India and the operators are not able to do anything other that ask you to "wait for 2-3 business days". Eventually (on the 7th chat session) I was given an US phone number so I could speak to somebody who could authorize the refund.

It was a horrible experience, after so much time wasted I am still left $50 short for credit card fees - Amazon refused to compensate me for that.

My advice is to never purchase anything of significant value from Amazon, they do not back up their "customer first policy" and the call center staff is completely useless.

This review was modified by Razvan_Razy on January 21 2016 08:15:27 PM

2016-01-20

Excellent Service

"Love ordering from here. You can usually get free shipping or can get alerts about price changes to help you afford your purchase. Returns or exchanges have been easy. You can put a message with your package for free so the guest knows who it is from (believe it or not, other companies charge for this and/or make it tough for you to figure out how to request it). "

2016-01-19

Will always be a prime member!

"Never had a late delivery and returns are so easy! They refund before the package even makes it back to them!

I love the selection of products they offer!

2016-01-14

Amazon really works !

"I live in New York. And I have bought earphones, and other stuff and all was fine. Shipping can be delayed sometimes, but finally the product will reach your home."

2016-01-13

Never had a bad experience in 10 years

"I am always happy with my Amazon experience. I buy there and sometimes pay more to get it from them because when there is a problem with will fix it. I got a heavy uninterruptible power supply with the error light stuck on. $160 item that they said was too hazardous to ship back; keep it. They then sent another. I got a bow and arrow for my son that turned out to be MUCH smaller than expected. Really? Keep it, here's a refund. Need some last minute Christmas gifts on Christmas Eve? Free two hour delivery of lots of stuff. Prime required but I'm not complaining since I get to order those little things I need but don't want to spend the hour to go to a store to get. In a day or two. If you pay for prime Amazon is shopping heaven. The video service is good. The music service is meh. The unlimited photo upload is helpful."

2016-01-10

"Awful ever service I used. Next points were made my decision to get rid from Amazon:
1) They have canceled my order without any notifications;
2) They have blocked my account for investigation notes as they said without telling me anything
3) Customer service in India with poor English;
4) There is no possibility to recover your password on weekends

2016-01-06

"What a shame. Amazon grew rapidly because of great prices and good customer service. Then, they got greedy and wanted their customers to pay for "Prime". If you don't pay for Prime, they penalize you with extremely slow shipping. Your order can sit for weeks before they finally decide you've waited long enough and then ship it.

As if that wasn't enough to convince you to stay away, Amazon actively promoted the idea of collecting sales tax. It would be one thing if it was forced on them, but no, they willing participated in passing the new law because they thought it would hurt their competitors more.

What was once my vendor of first choice is now my vendor of last resort. I know they're huge and probably don't miss me, but if enough of us take a pass on their BS it might educate the next internet sensation.

2016-01-03

"I can't believe all of the negatives about Amazon. From my viewpoint they are an amazing company! They have always gone the 2nd mile for us and we are nobody. On the recent order, I had to return a defective item. They paid for the return shipping & shipped out the replacement unbelievably fast. We were leaving town for 3 weeks & were anxious about the package coming while we were away. Somehow they got it here before we left! That's customer service!"

2016-01-02

"Love this website and shop their products all the time. "

2016-01-02

"Anyone who isn't happy with Amazon is probably paid to say otherwise or not happy with anything . Amazon is the business every other retail outlet aspires to be. They rock and thats why they have what is probably the largest retail business of all time. "

2016-01-02

"Amazon.com has gone down the tubes! What was once my first choice for online shopping has become my last resort. In November I ordered an in-stock item with super saver shipping. I didn't expect fast delivery, but after a couple of weeks it still hadn't left the warehouse. It took several calls to get the issue resolved. I should have learned, but foolishly ordered a $14 item from Amazon again a week a go, paying $7 standard shipping. A week later, the item has yet to ship. It is clear that Amazon is hoping we will pay for their Prime service, expecting that items might then be delivered in a timely manner. After spending THOUSANDS of $ at Amazon over the years, I am DONE. "

Share Amazon.com's store rating

Amazon.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Amazon.com is not a merchant member
Amazon.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!