• Amazon.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.79/10 5.79/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.60/10 5.60/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.94/10 4.94/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.31/10 5.31/10

"Prime is no longer worth jack.
-Tons of items no longer "prime," so I can't order what I want to without extra costs, extra uncertainty, and longer shipping.
-Late shipping. Almost no "prime shipping" within 2 days
-The Prime Pantry items is a joke. Another extra flat fee per order. So now basic items are "exclusive" so you have to be prime to order, but then you pay more on top of paying more since the mark-ups for products like Method foaming hand wash refill is twice as much, dishwasher detergent pods are around $7 more for what I was looking for - compared to non-sale target prices.
-Inconsistent releasing TV shows and poor Prime movie selection
-Don't vet fake reviews well -- even if a product only has 20 reviews that read in the same smarmy marketing language always ending in the typed language "I highly recommend this product."
-With the invoice order below, because of the entries stated above, I couldn't ordered the brand item I wanted, I couldn't order the item at all, and delivery of items reported for delivery as late as 4 full days.
-Because so many stores offer free shipping my orders and more/better products like a good ironing board, cleaning products, candles, and pantry items have been diverted to Target.com and other places.
-Amazon Prime is now on the losing end of the cost benefit analysis and partly because of loss of good will for all the items addressed above.

"It's hard to find my favorite candle "Warm Sugar Cookie" by Tyler Candle Company. But, I found it on Amazon and got it quickly!"

"be aware of who you buying the products from. 3rd party sellers are there to rip you off. bought a batteries for my wheelchair, the description mention that it will fit my wheelchair not explaining the model of the wheelchairs. when it came it will not fit in my wheelchair, so as normal i went online to get a return label but find out i cant i have to pay for it, i spoke to amazon they told me 3rd party seller has their own rules and they cant help me. never thought amazon will fail me.
so now will i go back to shop on amazon to look for product to see who is selling them. i don't thing so, Walmart has come long way and have been good to me, hope they dont scru up too

modified review This review was modified by daxew31 on April 20 2015 12:02:19 AM

"Our business frequently buys through and from Amazon and the service has been outstanding. Prices are very good. We have tried other suppliers when they had lower prices but you get what you pay for - Amazon service is the best. We recently had an order that was delivered to the wrong address - not ours. Amazon took care of this. They shipped a replacement to us overnight and credited us back 20% for our trouble. When you have problems, be specific and be polite. We are very pleased with Amazon. No company is perfect. Amazon says, “Our vision is to be earth's most customer centric company..." and they are delivering on this in my opinion."

"I recently ordered an iPad air from MacMall and paid using the Amazon pay function, which it did and everything worked. The issue that I have is that it did draft the $94 in Amazon credit first rather it charged the full amount to credit card on file. I think this is rather odd, as when I order from Amazon directly, any gift card balance is depleted first then the balance is charged. It is only a minor inconvenience for me, but something that needs addressing from Amazon and MacMall."

"On Friday, April 17, 2015 before 8:00am, I placed 2 orders and paid additional money for next day delivery. Late Friday evening I received an email from Amazon that the items would be delivered at 8pm Saturday evening. As luck would have it, the items did not arrive. I contacted Amazon's Customer Service department shortly after 8pm Saturday evening. I spoke with a first line representative, a supervisor and manager to explain that my shipments never arrived which were gifts for my niece's birthday party on Saturday. I also explained that my niece waited all day to receive her gifts and was excited about her special day. All 3 Amazon representatives told me that the delivery date and time were estimates, and that the items would arrive on Monday, April 20. Nowhere did it mention that the overnight shipping was an estimate. The reason I asked for a manager is because the supervisor also said, "sometimes we get disappointed." This was unacceptable! I told her that adults understand, but children do not. Children are kids for a short time and look forward to birthdays and holidays. Had I known on Friday morning when I placed the order that delivery was going to be at 8pm not earlier in the day, I would have cancelled the order. Such information was sent via email late Friday evening and should have been noted during the ordering process. A delivery time should be available when an order is placed. Additionally, when the packages did not arrive by 8pm Saturday evening, I only learned by calling Amazon customer service that the packages would be delivered on Monday. Amazon did not take the initiative to notify me of the delayed deliveries. Had I known that the guaranteed delivery date which I paid additional shipping cost for had changed, I would have gone shopping either Friday or Saturday with my niece for her gifts. The Amazon representatives were insensitive to the situation and made excuses for the company. Their generous offer was to refund the guaranteed overnight shipping cost. Meanwhile, I still have no gifts for my niece. To say the least, I am extremely disappointed with my overall Amazon experience. "

modified review This review was modified by SIBH on April 18 2015 09:17:10 PM

"Have purchased multiple items from Amazon over the years, every time the service is middle of the road, they charge their sellers huge margins, and then the sellers cant provide service then they hammer them with warnings and emails after emails all support from Overseas who dont actually undestand the issue or problem they just sent out standard email responses and when you reach three or 4 warnings they fine you - they pay theri staff next to nothing and are really slave drivers. They should not be in business its customers like us that make companies like these exist and they then use their muscle to be unfair to sellers and their staff.
We need to stop companies like these, awful service!

"Nice online shop, I wish it would ship more items to my country. I mostly use Amazon.de, but I also have experience with Amazon.com. I bought a potty chair from Amazon.com and sadly never received it, good thing is that Amazon reacted quickly and I later found out, that it was one of Amazon's merchants that was fraudulent. I still rate Amazon highly, because my issue was resolved quickly and money returned, even though never received my order."

"Really Fast shipping. Thanks!"

"Amazon.com - LOVE!!!
You can recover some of your money spent for the purchase and also you will get 5$ to your account. To do this, follow the link and register online Extrabux. Extrabux makes it easy to earn cash back and find coupons at the stores you love. After you create a free account, simply click to a store from extrabux and make a purchase. In 1-7 days, your cash back will be added to your Extrabux account. Go to link bit.ly/1wGq3vU

"I love amazon lol seriously. they have yet to fail me. ive been ordering with amazon since 2010. ive ordered used textbooks for school every semester, phone accessories and a phone. love the site."

"Use Amazon all the time! With Prime membership I get fast shipping, and it's hard to beat the prices on most stuff. Occasionally will see stuff cheaper on discount shops, but once you factor in shipping it's hard to beat. My go to place for books, and even furniture. Can't Stop using it!"

"I bought Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Smooth Conditioning Treatment and Maybelline New York Volume Express Colossal Cat Eyes Washable Mascara, Glam Black,I got them?and my friend were very gald?I was very satisfied buying on Amazon?many items can ships to China?and shipping charge is cheap?so it is very convenient?I love Amazon"

"Can't stop ordering from this company. The best thing is the customer service. I had a problem with an item recently and it was all resolved in seconds through the online portal. I really couldn't have been happier so I keep ordering. The UPS guy loves me"

Ken-Fougere's Avatar
Boston

"I've been buying and selling on Amazon.com since 2005. I find the products that I need quickly and at a great price. I've purchased computers, HDTV's, clothes, sneakers and perfume & candles for my wife.

VIZIO M420SL 42-Inch 120Hz LED-lit TV

modified review This review was modified by Ken-Fougere on March 22 2015 10:27:42 PM

Share Amazon.com's store rating

Amazon.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Amazon.com is not a merchant member
Amazon.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!