Stores > Amazon.com

Customer service: Rating 4.95/10 4.95/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.79/10 5.79/10

2016-09-25

The best of the best

"How come ppl are complaining about amazon? Been using them since forever and not once did I have issues, last order refunded in few days, buying again"

2016-09-23

How can a company this incompetent stay in business?

"Seems like a company with that many employees might be able to afford to hire one person with a brain.

Did you know that Amazon has some items that are restricted and can only be ordered by Prime members? I didn't. And I don't really care, many businesses offer perks to their best customers. However, Amazon doesn't want to draw too much attention to the "nyah nyah!! other people can have this and you can't!!" products, so the restriction is mentioned unobtrusively. So unobtrusively that it's pretty easy to miss. You wanna guess how I know it's easily missable? Yeah, I missed it. Still, shouldn't be a problem, surely the site would have safeguards in place to prevent non-Prime customers like me from ordering items that are restricted to Primers only. Nope.

I bought two items on the same order, one regular access and one prime restricted. The site did not mention that I couldn't have item B. It processed both items, charged me for both items, sent me an order confirmation for both items. Order arrived today with, you guessed it, only one item. Off to Amazon.com I go to discover status of missing item. Then and only then do I find the little disclaimer that the item cannot be purchased by me. Fine time to tell me that, a week after I ordered it, paid for it and was told it was coming. That's just unacceptably poor website design and business planning. How do you let a customer buy an item they can't have, charge them for it and not even have the courtesy to tell them they can't have it? If the story ended there it would be bad enough, but wait, there's more.

Contact CS, am told that I can just cancel the other item. Tried to do it, no dice. The two items together total well over the free shipping minimum, but the one item I got already wouldn't qualify on its own. So the site has them linked together and since one item was delivered the other can't be cancelled or it screws up the free shipping thing and the system can't compensate for it. And neither can the CSR people I've talked to so far. I've already paid for the item in limbo, but I'm not allowed to get it and not allowed to cancel it either. Such fun.

How was I allowed to buy an item I couldn't buy? How was I billed for an item they wouldn't ship? Why did I get confirmation for an order that wasn't valid? Why wasn't I notified of the problem before the rest of the order arrived? How could the process fail to catch the conflict at 10 different stages?

2016-09-21

Amazon Pricing Policies

"Purchased item was $119.99. I check item five days later and price dropped to $89.99 with Prime shipping. Contacted customer service and they will not make price adjustment. I understand it this was over 30 days but price dropped after 5 days I should get credit for the differences. Many stores will make price adjustments but Amazon think they are too big to care for customers now."

This review was modified by rbrt1234 on September 21 2016 09:45:25 AM

2016-09-13

Customer service doesn't speak or understand English

"I am a seller. Amazon makes a ton of money off of me. Every time I contact Seller Support, they don't speak English or understand. I spell everything. They still don't understand. There is absolutely no way to file a complaint. I was finally told to contact SHATTEL WASHINGTON. When I asked her repeatedly to spell it because I had never heard of a town by that name, IT WAS SEATTLE!!!!!!!!! SHE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO PRONOUNCE THE COMPANY HEADQUARTERS!!!!!~"

2016-09-10

The Best not Pefect

"I've been ordering from Amazon for many years and it's been great. There was one time were they sent me the wrong laptop battery but was able to return on their dime. Another downside is you don't like your purchase and try to return than you will be subjected to return shipping cost if it doesn't fall under the categories of free return shipping such as defective. Overall it's great with free 1 day shipping on some items and fast delivery. Most purchases have tax now but oh well it's hard to avoid now a days but in return we get more warehouses across the country which means faster shipping. "

2016-09-04

They have everything you need

"Love this webiste. They have everything you need and for great prices. Love how you can also do registries for wedding or baby showers. I order from them all the time and you get your orders in very quick. "

2016-09-02

It was good

"It was good and I will be back soon to make another purchase "

This review was modified by JakeFlome on September 02 2016 04:08:03 PM

2016-08-30

Amazon Marketplace fulfillment is hit and miss and Amazon doesn't care

"Twice now I've received the incorrect items after using Amazon Marketplace. The seller points a finger at Amazon fulfillment and Amazon customer service doesn't care.

This last time, my item arrived with the incorrect labeling. It was from the same product line but a cheaper version. I was charged the price of the higher quality product. When I contacted the seller, they blamed Amazon fulfillment but did not offer to refund the difference. I chose to keep the product since my previous experience with Amazon customer service was pointless.

The previous time this happened (about a year ago), I requested to return the item (at my own cost) but it was never received. I have no idea what happened to it. Tracking number provided never showed up in the shipper's database so it's possible it may have gone missing after dropping off at the shipper's location.

When I contacted Amazon, they told me to follow up with the shipper. Shipper disavowed all responsibility because while they had a tracking number, they couldn't find the package as ever having been checked in.

In the end, I was out my money.

I won't be using the Amazon reseller marketplace any more as it's too risky. Sure, the prices may be a bit cheaper but when something goes wrong, there is no way to achieve resolution and get your money back.

I'll stick with eBay.

This review was modified by chili_byte on August 30 2016 08:31:46 AM

2016-08-23

Amazon failed to assist me with despute with one of its Sellers: I lost $469.

"On July 24, through Amazon.com, I ordered and promptly received an Apple iPhone 6 advertised as "Certified Refurbished" and sold by Excellent Products, Inc. However, right from the start the iPhone malfunctioned: it was often non-responsive to the touch, it would often freeze so it could only be revived by doing a hard power-off and a reboot, which would help only temporarily as it would soon start to malfunction again. I requested Amazon to approve a return, which was readily granted (Aug4). I was sent the appropriate return form with Excellent Products address label, and returned the phone to the Seller (Tracking Number 9500114602776218010929). The phone was delivered to the Seller on Aug 8. Failing to receive a refund, I contacted Excellent Products on Aug 11 providing the tracking number and asking for an update on the situation. The Seller responded advising me that it would take 3-5 days to process the return. A few days later, no refund being received, I contacted the Seller again and was asked to provide the tracking number, which I did once again. Still no refund. I contacted Amazon for assistance, and was asked to submit a claim under their A-to-Z Guarantee Program, which is intended to provide protection to buyers who are unable to resolve problems with a Seller. I submitted my claim on Aug 16, and immediately received assurance from Customer Service that "your money is safe at Amazon and we take full responsibility of every transaction". However, a couple of hours later I received notice that my claim was denied (on the ground that "the A-to-Z Guarantee does not cover the problem that you reported. Our A-to-Z Guarantee does not supplement or replace a seller's returns policy"), and was advised to contact the seller directly. So once again I contacted the Seller, asking them, if their return policy does not allow refunds on iPhones, To at least send me back the defective iPhone I returned so I could try to get Apple to fix it. The Seller replied, asking for the tracking number again, which I provided for the third time on Aug 19. No response. I tried to contact the Seller again, first by phone (no answer; left my phone number on voice mail, no call back), then again by email. Still no response. I filed an appeal with Amazon's A-to-Z Guarantee (pointing out that I had returned the iPhone to the Seller with Amazon's approval) but the appeal was denied within the hour, with no further explanation. So now I am out $469 and nothing to show for, not even the returned defective phone! Although the Seller (Excellent Products) is to be blamed for dishonest dealing (keeping both the money and the returned phone), I also blame Amazon for two reasons: 1) It approved the return of the iPhone to the Seller when it should have known that the Seller's returns policy does not allow returns of iPhones, so in effect it approved the return of something non-returnable. I would not have returned the phone if Amazon had not authorized me to do so. 2) When the Seller failed to even send me back the returned phone, I would have expected Amazon to assist me, which it did not do in the least, despite its avowal that "your money is safe" with Amazon when dealing with its sellers. I feel defrauded by Excellent Products and deceived by Amazon.
P.S. Tonight at 9:50 pm - 7 hours after submitting my review, I finally received an email from Excellent Products apologizing for the delay and promising to ship the phone back to me tomorrow. If the promise is kept, Excellent Products will be exhonerated. But this won't exhonerate Amazon for its lack of support.

This review was modified by Ausmar on August 23 2016 07:10:23 PM

2016-08-10

Good deals for the right price

"My personal experience with Amazon has been great it's not all sunshine and rainbows but hey not everything in life is. I'm a prime member so that just makes everything better free 2 day shipping with already good prices on some items sign me up and there's a vast variety of sellers it's awesome. I personally use it all the time it's great I highly recommend it to anyone. "

2016-08-09

Can't seem to deliver items

"Since the fulfillment center opened in my city, I never seem to get any packages I order and the customer service wants me to wait over 3 days to get a package after they say they deliver it. Amazon is getting worse and worse as time goes by"

2016-08-05

SCAM - Warehouse Deals, Inc

"Recently purchased and paid for item showing on AMAZON's Warehouse Deals, Inc. It showed in stock and gave me a shipping date. I also opened an Amazon account for $50 discount. Now after waiting a couple of weeks, they tell me it is out of stock and cancelled my order, HOWEVER I can purchase on Amazon through another vender at double the price. BUYER'S BEWARE THIS SURE SEEMS LIKE A SCAM TO ME. They suckered me into another credit account and offered me to "buy it again" at a higher price."

This review was modified by ArtPa on August 05 2016 11:11:34 AM

2016-07-27

Love Topist handheld mist fan Amazon

"This is the first I've seen where the mist is so fine that I wasn't sure if there was mist coming out. I see it but I wasn't getting soaked!?! I literally had to put my hand almost to the opening just to feel the moisture.

I would compare it to something similar like a diffuser. This is actually good as it is just enough of a mist that it cools you without soaking your face. The combination of the fan and this fine mist will lower the temperature enough that it will blow cooler air. You don't have to be a Science Wiz to understand that concept.
The first time i saw the product name mist fan for beauty, i feel it a little strange. But, in this hot season, i found the power of such items. Strongly recommended, love this Topist handheld mist fan Amazon!

2016-07-26

Used to be great, but what a fall from grace!

"Amazon used to be awesome.with very customer centric policies that showed they cared about their customers. These days are long gone, anymore they couldn't care less about getting things to you on time or updating the stock numbers on their site or making sure their customers are satisfied.

I knew it was a matter of time before their board started thinking more of profits and less about repeat business

2016-07-25

AMAZON SCREWED US OVER

"This would be a 0 stars if I could do it. I want to warn all of you to AVOID this website. My husband got a credit card that he never applied for and they refused to resolve the situation. They refused to tell him what account the miscreant used and stated "oh you don't have to give an email or use an account to apply." They refused to do an investigation without him signing something. Obviously their company isn't trustworthy so why should he literally GIVE them his signature? They would not assist us what so ever except to close the fraudulent account and tell us we have to wait 30 days for the account to close?!"

Share Amazon.com's store rating

Amazon.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Amazon.com is not a merchant member
Amazon.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!