• Amazon.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.87/10 5.87/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.03/10 5.03/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.50/10 5.50/10

"Amazon really annoyed the crap out of me. They removed feedback I left on one of their sellers named Mokingtop. I needed an item quickly and placed my order. Nowhere in the seller's name or product description did it state the seller was in China. Delivery will take 1+ MONTHS! Amazon removed my review because I indicated Amazon should clearly show seller locations and is equally at fault. Bad publicity=controlled review listings. This is wrong, shame on this retail giant. They'll probably try to remove this review, Ha! Thanks ResellerRatings!"

modified review This review was modified by peta1p on May 28 2015 07:06:13 PM

"Just had a bad service for Amazon. I tryed to return a package that was not the quality/or item that was described. From the time I purchased this item until today, my debit card that was charged for this item was stolen, well good ole Amazon has to return only to this debit card that is stolen. No other way to receive it. Per the customer service rep. who does not speak english. Piece of shit."

modified review This review was modified by dddadddy on May 28 2015 06:22:08 PM

"i shop here for almost everything i need. good place to order from"

" I think that Amazon is one of the best online shopping website out there. Amazon has always fulfilled every purchase I have made quickly and efficiently. A few times I needed to return or exchange something and they take care of it right away."

"I like the services rendered by Amazon"

"Incredible experience. Not sure why people can vote down Amazon as we have 1 month return period no questions asked, and reviews from previous customers to make our shopping more secure."

"I've had several unpleasant, time-consuming experiences with Amazon lately. They've had some bad press, what with hoodwinking many authors whose books they sell. Then there's also a public radio piece about the top positive reviewers being paid in freebies by the manufacturers whose products they sell. So my "torment" at the hands of Amazon, given Marketplace sellers who are rude about products that don't work being returned--and Amazon, itself, defaulting on its supposed guarantee--is apparently now par for the course. I imagine, tho' it will take time, another retailer will emerge to replace a vendor, Amazon, that is past its "prime," pardon the pun. Their comeuppance is due, and will surely "come." The sooner the better, as far as I am concerned."

modified review This review was modified by Nyna on May 23 2015 11:04:43 PM

"Amazon is a brilliant selling platform, that permits price shopping for common or uncommon items. I give it 5 stars for ease and hassle free, order placement, order modification, order tracking in addition to simple return policies and practices in the event of a mishap. I place several orders a week and ship to multiple locations and renew prime membership annually. Prime unlimited two-day shipping makes Amazon a feasible source to obtain supplies and specialty parts when needed.
Orders arrive in a timely manner with a low damage percentage.
Reaching customer service directly is not as easy as would be ideal, but mishaps are resolved quickly, returns and refunds are managed effectively and efficiently.

"Shipping, service, selection, and price are all excellent."

"Products are good and delivery is a bit late "

modified review This review was modified by ThahseenIsmail1 on May 21 2015 01:51:06 AM

Virginia

"I've been an Amazon customer since 2000. My first purchase was a book: Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Resource Kit for $35. That was followed a couple months later by a PalmOne IIIxe Personal Handheld Organizer for $230. Anybody even remember those. This was back in the days way before Amazon Prime was even a thought, and I was already a happy customer.

Now I have Amazon Prime, a Kindle Fire HD and virtually every music album I've purchased in the last five years has been from Amazon - even though I had an iPhone 4 for a couple years. (I didn't like iTunes DRM, which they eventually dropped.) I'm pretty much an Amazon bit ... er ... loyal customer.

A couple of my "success" stories. A bought a new TV for my wife's Christmas present in 2013. It was cheaper than anyone else and with Prime two-day shipping, nobody was close. I purposely ordered it on a Wednesday at lunch time so I could be home on Friday to receive it. It's hard to complain, but it arrived at my house at 11:00 am on Thursday. I'd gotten a delivery notice that it was on the truck, so I got home just after it was delivered. It was on my front walk 23 hours after I ordered it. Not only that, but I took pictures of the way they packed it because it was incredible. They used two box halves taped together to make the outer box, put two inch boxes on the bottom, (short) sides and top and then filled the box with cardboard triangle packaging. It was all recyclable material, which was good, because there was a ton of it.

More recently, early this spring I decided to buy an adjustable (standing desk) for my home office. We recently got them at work, and I decided that after working while mostly sitting on my butt for a few decades, standing might be a good idea. I ordered the bottom desk frame from one of Amazon's resellers and a butcher block top from Amazon itself. Cue the huge snowstorm that shut down everything in the northeast - and both my purchases were routed through FedEx in Illinois. They made it that far, and the time they arrived there was about an hour apart. That's where the desk top - all five foot long and 104 pounds of it disappeared off the face of the earth. After FedEx couldn't find it for a week (and the desk frame had been delivered), I called Amazon customer service. They checked, confirmed it was lost, and refunded the purchase price plus shipping and taxes. No hassles for me.

I have placed over a hundred orders with Amazon ranging in price from a few dollars to a couple grand. I've returned two items with no problems. Only the one I mentioned above ever got lost. Maybe I just live in a great area to get deliveries in as I really don't have problems with any of the online stores I use.

I watch the free Prime TV and movies and occasionally rent one. I've read more books and magazines in the couple years since I got the Kindle than I did in the previous decade. If I have any complaint with the Kindle, it would be that buying items is too easy. I probably have a hundred or more of apps from the Amazon app store for Android on my phone and my Kindle. Almost all of them are the free app of the day, but I have bought a few of the upgraded/ad free versions of those.

"Good product, fair pricing, quick transaction "

modified review This review was modified by Goldilots on May 17 2015 08:14:57 PM

"Had a few items I needed to consolidate my stuff, so purchased boxes, tape, utility knife, and storage bins.

Order shipped the next day and received tracking information like usual. Three days later item arrived.

Another Amazon great buying experience

"Amazon is becoming very conning specially with prime membership, they hide it within the shipping cost, and when you don't think about it and make a purchase, amazon automatically signs you up for Prime membership and a month later you are being charged $99. Just be carefully out there not to get screwed by Amazon. I personally about to stop purchasing from amazon due to safety reasons, and my losses with it."

modified review This review was modified by Amaranth on May 15 2015 08:16:36 AM

Zylcho's Avatar
Planet Earth

"First off Amazon as an Etailor is the best, period. This is IF YOU BUY AND FULFILL FROM AMAZON. Their customer support is a model that all companies should follow but of course, they won't. Now with that out of the way. I own/operate small puter business and dabble in some BBW stuff online. Occasionally I purchase lingerie for the models. Yesterday I logged into my account to purchase an LED laptop screen with customer sitting right next to me and guess what she saw.... all these HUMONGOUS pics of bras and panties, which they consider "recommended". Not thumbnails, big pics plastered all over my account after I logged in. I consider myself a private person who KNOWS how to keep temps/cookies/cache clean on my machine. Amazon offers NO WAY to turn this feature off. You can't delete your purchase history either and that's where this script they have does this from. Needless to say this made me uneasy as my customer didn't say a thing. But I knew she was thinking like what they hell is guy doing?. A fortune 100 company like Amazon shouldn't incur situations like this and should allow you to have ultimate control over what content you see in your account... so if you plan to go this route, as I have, you better make sure your wife/so/gf/partner receives stuff or you may be explaining a potentially dangerous situation."

Share Amazon.com's store rating

Amazon.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Amazon.com is not a merchant member
Amazon.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!