"Very poor customer service. Ordered an item and received 10 days later, bent and damaged beyond use. Selected Amazon's replacement service only to receive an email stating that it would be another 6 to 8 weeks to expect delivery, all the while their web site was showing 4 in stock. Totally unacceptable. Got a refund, but i have to wait until they receive back my produce. A very expensive item, so now I still have to wait to purchase this item locally, as the time to get my refund will be about 10 more days."

modified review This review was modified by segretonome on August 22 2014 06:42:18 AM

"Simply the best online shopping experience. Fast, reliable shipping. Great pricing. More importantly, great customer service. Amazon will make a mistake from time to time, and their willingness to go above & beyond in order to resolve the problem is second to none. Amazon is the gold standard for customer service online."

"I placed an order at amazon.in...first of all product what i have received did not match with actual order. i started following up amazon. customer care and AtoZ gurentee claim team so pathetic..did not bother even 1% to resolve my query. finally i am ending up paying shipping charges... but no result...I was so frustrated i have closed my account. even i wrote to Mr. Jeff but nothing has work out for customer...I have wasted my whole one week and money on this.....I never go again to this site..in ..future and never recommend to my friend and family. "

modified review This review was modified by jaymitshah on August 19 2014 03:15:43 AM

"I love this site for its strictness... Am more secure and sure that I cant be scammed. I received my original beats headset and av checked it. Works well"

"I had bought some weight loss diet pills from them
a week ago. Amazon never lets me down. My order
shipped on time to me. I would recommend amazon
to anyone wanting excellent customer service.

modified review This review was modified by Leelee34 on July 30 2014 09:18:40 AM

jonnybscammed's Avatar
Maryland

"got ripped off! amazon charged me so much sales tax it about broke my budget. seriously! All i wanted were some shoes for the price of $55 USD Original price in store was around $80-$90 at the time of my purchase.
I ended up paying after tax $61 I could not believe it. And using the pay by check feature was the worst thing I could have done.

Using pay by check cost me like hell. Every day, i am getting more and more disenchanted with online buying.
I contacted Amazon 2 times because I thought for some reason I was being overcharged.
Their customer service sucks, its terrible. Some lady got on the phone named Carrie, she said she was located in an office.... I forget where but she was stupid and sounded ditzy. Seriously these people had me pissed I waited about 2 weeks to receive the shoes and they were the wrong size.

I had to contact their terrible customer service again and talk to them and explain the situation and they finally agreed to help me out but it was just a big hassle and costed me so much money.
I ended up paying well-over $100

I should have just went to the store.

"Overall I am not too pleased with Amazon. Their prices are pretty good although some marketplace vendors really gouge prices on hard-to-find items. The selection of materials overall is very good. However, their shipping has been terrible on my orders. I am lucky to get it within the estimated delivery window. Their performance on the free super saver shipping is horrible, it is almost like they use it as a barely-legal version of a bait-and-switch, to suck you in buy an item by offering free shipping but providing such poor delivery that you are compelled to pay for upgraded shipping in the future. I recently ordered something and actually paid for standard shipping, and then they did not even process the order for four days (already missing the delivery window) and then I obviously received the product late, which ruins the online experience. I am now trying to buy these things locally as often as possible, and will deal with Amazon only when necessary, as their shipping issues happen to me regularly and I just cannot deal with this. I see a lot of shipping-related complaints about Amazon on this forum, so it is obviously is not just me."

"I've placed over 300 orders with Amazon over the course of the past 10 years. There have been minor hiccups here and there but the service has been outstanding overall. Unfortunately, Amazon is doing to online retailers what Walmart did to brick and mortar retail. It's so hard to shop elsewhere when the price is so good and customer service is excellent though."

"very disappointed with amazon, delivery was bad and customer service after was really bad shopped for a long time with amazon but over the past months they have not been great "

modified review This review was modified by jiiiin on July 18 2014 03:31:02 PM

"Just make sure you look for the ships by and sold by Amazon logo. Always excellent service when dealing with Amazon direct."

"Bad So Bad!....Closed my account after I left a negative feedback on Amazon Warehouse due to some problems with the order.."

modified review This review was modified by amansreview on August 21 2014 02:51:44 PM

"Though Im not a fan of online sales tax, Amazon always has competitive pricing, and the product reviews cant be beat. Thats the main thing for me is the reviews.

Ive never had a problem with Amazon service or their merchants. And I always make sure to choose merchants with high ratings if I cant get the item supplied from Amazon themselves.

Shipping has always been top notch in terms of keeping me updated. And I usually get my item by a week later.

One thing I wish Amazon didnt do though, was allow SquareTrade to sell their scam warranties to people. SquareTrade has notoriously poor customer service and Ive read too many reviews of people not having their warranty honored.

Oh wells.

modified review This review was modified by jaycrewz on July 14 2014 11:12:53 PM

"Amazon's new pay-by-check feature? Don't bother. May save them money, but it costs you in grief. These very stupid people pass the check to Telecheck. If Telecheck isn't up to date, you're screwed, your check bounces, your credit history is annotated and so on. Jeff ain't minding the store, and it shows in this ill-considered process."

Iowa

"I have always been satisfied with Amazon's prime 2 day free shipping and return policies If Amazon has it in their stock. If the item you order is coming from another company you might have a different experience. They are not the cheapest place to shop at times, but have always been as fast and reliable as any place I have shopped online and at times, even faster than most. It now cost $99 per year, but if you order a lot like I have it will more than pay for itself and with free movies to watch if you have a TV or DVD that can connect to the internet, it is cheaper than netflix. I don't know if its selection is as good, but we have watched a few really good movies we must have missed over the years. Although I am not a big movie watcher, it is a plus that I have that opportunity. I have probably saved over $200 in shipping costs in the past year too. I had to put an order number in this review to complete it so I picked the last one. My ratings also reflect the many other orders I made, including a few returns."

"I ordered a pair of running shoes at $49.00 in late June for a 4th of July run. No problem--I'm a Prime member, I know this shoe, and Amazon is great at fulfillment so I didn't even consider going to the local shop. I got confirmation of the purchase, and then, four days later, wondering why this order never arrived, I got a cancelled notice from Amazon claiming the product was out of stock. This note came complete with a link to prove the product was out of stock. Clicking the link showed that it was indeed in stock, but now priced at $113.00.

Great.

So I called them, wasting more of my time, and all trust that I had built up with Amazon over the year completely eroded in a matter of minutes. The person I spoke with just reiterated that it was out of stock and there was nothing that could be done about it, despite the fact that it was indeed in stock with links proving that fact. I asked to speak to a manager, who, after an infuriating exchange of utter nonsense, told me he couldn't help and would hang up on me; which he did. Flabbergasted, I called back, spoke to another customer service person, who finally spoke the truth, that being: "We messed up, and the link showing it is in stock is fulfilled by another supplier, and we cannot offer that price." In his defense, he was civil, apologetic, human.

Given this experience, I would advise you to not count on Amazon to fulfill orders of any product that is needed on a specific date at a specific price.

Given the options, I believe that zappos.com and 6pm.com are both far superior in shoe sales, fulfillment and customer service, as are local shops.

Happy Trails!

Amazon.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Amazon.com is not a merchant member
Amazon.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!