"Ordered Etnies Men's Kingpin Skate Shoe size 10 - a Prime product. Love to order online and know that the item is exactly as stated and will arrive in 2 days at most! This is the 2nd pair of shoes ordered online (wore the 1st pair out)."

"Got my order on time within 3 day as promised by amazon."

"As other users have pointed out, Amazon is filtering their reviews to remove negative ones, both about Amazon and also the third party sellers whose orders they fulfill (and likely make a tidy profit).

Additionally, their "customer service" can do nothing to actually help except read off of a script and sent irrelevant link.

I left feedback about a seller in August of this year. Now, in November, I get an email saying my feedback had been removed because it did not meet their guidelines.

Here is the part of the email that explains the specifics:

"Your feedback comment:
Seller sent multiple emails requesting feedback... Very annoying....

Reason for removal:
Feedback submitted was a product review and not related to seller. "

The feedback WAS clearly about the seller, yet they removed it, claiming it wasn't.

To make matters worse, the email says, "Please take a moment to review the details of the removal
below. You may then choose to revise and resubmit your feedback. " However, there is no option to revise my feedback

And, even worse, trying to contact Amazon about this issue was a nightmare. No one knew anything more than their flow chart of answers and it ended up being a waste of time.

Finally, they said that seller feedback cannot be left more than ninety days after the purchase. How convenient that they waited until just after the ninety day window to remove my negative feedback, effectively leaving me with no option to leave seller feedback.

Between the deceitfulness of removing negative reviews, the false reason given for the removal of said reviews, and the amazingly poor customer service, I am very close to dropping Amazon Prime and shopping elsewhere, especially with more and more local retailers now matching Amazon prices.

In closing, Amazon manipulates reviews, at least those of their partner sellers, and has pathetic customer service.

Almost forgot to add... Even Amazon Prime has gone downhill, as they seem to have added a day or two for processing, so an item ordered on Monday may not actually arrive until Thursday or Friday, even with Amazon Prime, which touts its two day shipping.

"Bought a Berkey water system from Amazon came quickly. Only issue I had it looks like the Berkey had some finger smudges on it. Aside from that it was good."

"I've been a customer of Amazon since the start, Awesome everything. "

"I have been very pleased with all my orders except for one, but Amazon took care of the problem quickly. I buy from them every chance I get. I find good prices and like their free shipping policy. I do believe the third party sellers have very high shipping rates and I try not to buy from them unless I have to. Amazon also ships pretty quickly "

"Just ordered my 47th book from Amazon. I've ordered well over 100 items from them, and once again, it went off without a hitch. If you plan on using, "Newegg," forget it.
"I read all the Glowing reports on Newegg.com, so I thought I’d give them a try.
I received my order, which was the wrong item. The kicker is, it came in an Amazon box, from an Amazon seller. What? I thought Newegg was supposed to be the end all, Amazon killer?
I called Neweggs, "Excellent customer service," and was told I had to call their third party seller, who made the mistake. There was nothing they could do. Really?
I don’t get that run around with Amazon, as they’re upfront about who to contact when you order. Additionally, I’ve been using Amazon for Years, and in all that time, I’ve contacted a seller probably 6-7 times, all with satisfactory results. I’ve experienced great Customer Service from Amazon.
So now, I’ve spent 3 days to get ahold of this 3rd party seller, from Newegg, who is really with Amazon.
Newegg is a waste of time. They are the middle man, to the middle man. What nonsense.
I’ll stick with the real deal, which is Amazon.

tanakayy's Avatar
Japanese

"Usually bought the book, software, toys and other things what I need from Amazon.com. I like it very much.
I bought the Disney Frozen Sparkle Princess Elsa Doll from it 2012years, The price is cheap and the package is so well.

"I LOVE Amazon. I can find anything I need, and at such a competitive price. Everything is always shipped and delivered on time, never have any problems with billing or the products I order. Amazon is my go to place for all online shopping."

"Ordered Fire TV stick.. The TV Stick itself is back ordered BUT I used free prime to get $30 off so no complaints here!! If you need free trials of prime try the two I posted below! AMAZON MOM anyone can do (Not just moms) and then amazon student.. Amazon always has great shipping and very very fast order processing and Customer Service..

20% off diapers at Amazon!! Free Unlimited Prime Photos!! Deals on Multiple orders! Just sign up for the free amazon mom with link

OR IF you have a .edu email sign up for amazon student!

BOTH offer free PRIME

"product's order made through amazon are always late in its delivery. Where as in other competitive sites they delivered soon. I think this is one of the drawbacks of amazon"

modified review This review was modified by shruthi on November 08 2014 05:02:30 AM

"I love Amazon. Its my go to spot for everything. I'm a prime member, which means shipping is free (and fast) on most items. Love Love Love!"

"Amazon's customer service is terrible. I've received the wrong book, then shipped it back to them, only to receive the exact same wrong book again. This time I put the UPS shipping label on it and set it out on the front porch for UPS to pick up, and it still sits there. No way to contact Amazon about that, so I guess the package will sit at the door until someone steals it. Not happy. Very hard to talk to a person and one with authority to actually fix something."

"Do not buy jewelry from amazon. It is by far the worst dept. at amazon. I ordered a necklace, paid over $800 and never received it. Customer service stated that tracking shows that it was delivered and it is my problem to find out what happened. It should have been sent ins with signature required, but, according to customer service it was not."

modified review This review was modified by thebead on October 31 2014 02:16:10 AM

"Let's start this by saying that I am not a shill. I am a VERY experienced internet shopper with MANY years of dealing with MANY different and very diverse sites. I am fully willing to go medieval on a site when necessary, even when they were once great (hello, FastTech, among others...). However, I also REALISTICALLY understand that companies are in business to MAKE MONEY! I cannot personally BELIEVE that Amazon receives such a low rating here!

4.5 out of 10 as I write this. Reading some of the reviews, I really wonder who the people are that are writing them? Is it their first experience ever making an internet purchase? They appear to me to be unable to distinguish the difference from purchasing from a third party seller and from Amazon directly, which does affect how things must be handled. "I've purchased a couple items"? "The shipping cost is too high"? Seriously?

But where the reviews really go wrong is when they denigrate Amazon's customer service! What are you people doing, contacting customer service in a rude and aggressive manor? I am mystified! In my MANY years of experience with dealing with Amazon, I have had occasion to deal with customer service on numerous occasions and they have GONE BEYOND my expectations in almost EVERY instance! AMAZON SETS THE STANDARD FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THE INTERNET! Of this, there is NO DOUBT in my mind! I think their prices on CD's are too high, their pre-order prices on DVD/Blu-Rays are questionable (but THOSE are business / money making decisions)... but their customer service? IT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED!

FACTUAL EXAMPLE FROM TODAY: Ordered in stock CD from highly rated 3rd party seller, hadn't received after 20 days, contacted seller who said they would send another, but may take a few days to obtain from suppliers. Seven days later, received refund from seller who said CD was not in stock and was unavailable from suppliers. Checked on Amazon and found seller was still selling CD and still listed it as in stock. Feedback indicated others had similar experience. Left seller negative feedback. Contacted customer support just because I thought they should be aware of this, because I felt it reflected negatively on Amazon. Customer support provided me with link to investigations unit to provide report. ALSO, I AM SERIOUS HERE... customer support told me that Amazon had the CD in stock, for me to order it NEXT DAY, that they would WAVE the shipping charge and WOULD HONOR the third party seller's price, which was less than half of what Amazon was selling it for... WHY? Because that is the kind of company that Amazon is! That is no BS! That is completely true! I did not ask for it, I did not expect it. CUSTOMER SERVICE!

SO, your can listen to others whine, or you can listen to reality, its up to you...

(ADDITION: Math is NOT my strong point... but when I look at that graph over on the right, which shows OVERWHELMINGLY 5 STAR reviews for Amazon, I can't quite figure out how they end up with, as of right now, a 4.3/10 score?)

(THOUGH... it is INTERESTING to note that it appears all of the highest rated stores are MERCHANT MEMBERS of Resellerratings. That seems a strange coincidence, I must say.)

modified review This review was modified by rsngfrce on October 31 2014 05:33:18 PM

Amazon.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Amazon.com is not a merchant member
Amazon.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!