Stores > Amazon.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.36/10 5.36/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.96/10 4.96/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.77/10 4.77/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.49/10 5.49/10

"Generally I've been happy with Amazon but this year they've totally blown Christmas for my 86 year old mother. Items that were clearly marked gifts and sent directly to her have packing slips itemizing the contents. This hasn't happened before and I'm totally ticked! Be forewarned."

This review was modified by leocato on November 28 2015 01:05:50 PM

"Amazon is great for almost anything you need. "

This review was modified by Ashley.hoscheid on November 27 2015 08:58:57 AM

"Ordered a TV using Prime free 2-day delivery.UPS notified me of delivery 11/25 before 8 p.m. Did you get my TV? No? Well neither did I. UPS notified me at 8:30 of 'delivery change' to Friday 11/27. FOUR day delivery. Holiday tomorrow, of course no delivery. What do they care? Not at all. Called Amazon - biggest joke yet. Heard how 'sorry' they are for my inconvenience, offered me $30 gift card for future purchase which does nothing for the inconvenience to me. Told them to keep their card - they lost me as a customer. Cancelling Prime - no good if you can't count on it. Amazon seemingly couldn't care less..."

This review was modified by puffin26 on November 25 2015 06:38:18 PM

"Amazon does not honor their own promotions. They run a "clock" but they cancel the promotion long before the timer is over. False advertising."

This review was modified by DA94550 on November 24 2015 06:26:40 PM

"After 3 weeks I didn't get my order, Amazon customer services told me, USPS start investigation.
I paid more than $300 for nothing!!
Poor customer services. I trust this is not the way That Awful Company wishes to conduct business with valued customers!!

"Amazon lately has been showing items as two days ship when I order and a day or two later they still have not shipped. This is ridiculous as it is not even the Holiday yet or BF. They didn't message me or email me any info on this delay. I was expecting items to arrive for my job and they didn't show so now I am screwed and going to have to try 1 day shipping to get them by Tuesday. I hope the cancellation I just did goes thru otherwise I will have two of the same items here and have to pay to ship the extra back. "

"This is the review Amazon refused to post publicly.

'Very Disappointed at the level of service I have received from Amazon.

The first TV I bought was a (Samsung UE40J5100 Full HD 1080p 40 Inch). The TV arrived with a defective screen, a green line down the middle. So it was sent back.
The second TV that I ordered was a (Samsung 43J5500 Smart Full HD 1080p 43 Inch) this on arrived with a smashed screen. This one now will have to be sent back to.

After speaking to Amazon I was ask if I wanted a replacement TV 'Amazon...Seriously!' after getting two broken TV's you really want to offer me a replacement ? 'Um... NO!'

My Advice to customers : Be careful when ordering these TV's from Amazon.

From a long time customer of Amazon I would have expected a little quality control but it seems from my experience that they don't really care if the products that people are buying for hundreds of pounds are fit for purpose.

I hope Amazon will take notice and my opinion will help other customers avoid these types of pitfalls.

Just to add to this review : This comes off the Amazon website
'Customers can leave feedback for sellers on orders that are fulfilled by Amazon just as they do for merchant-fulfilled orders. When negative feedback is related to the fulfillment or services provided by Amazon, the negative rating can be struck through,* so it won't affect your performance metrics. The customer's comment will remain with a note from Amazon that states, "This item was fulfilled by Amazon, and we take responsibility for this fulfillment experience."

When a customer leaves negative feedback, but the entire feedback is related to the service provided by Amazon, including fulfillment and customer service, you can request to have the negative rating struck through.* We will review the feedback and if in our judgment it applies exclusively to the fulfillment or customer service provided by Amazon, we will strike through the negative rating, and it will not reflect on your performance metrics. However, if in our judgment any portion of the comment applies to the condition of your product as indicated on your listing (New, Used, etc.) or any service that you, rather than Amazon, provided or arranged to be provided to the customer, the feedback and negative rating will remain without edits. Use the Contact Us form to request a review of negative feedback.

*The customer feedback strike through only applies to items sold on Amazon and fulfilled through the Amazon fulfillment network (AFN). A merchant-fulfilled order on Amazon, even if submitted as a Multi-Channel Fulfillment order, is not eligible for customer feedback strike through.
If customers contact you regarding the packaging of the products they received in their order on Amazon.com, direct them to Your Account > Packaging Feedback. Customers can submit feedback for any order that has been placed within the last 60 days, including submitting ratings and a photo of their shipment.'

This review was modified by PatrickJay on November 21 2015 06:48:24 AM

"I have shopped at Amazon for many years now with no issues. Excellent customer service. Best overall. Website, app, services, products, quality, speed, and trusting. Easy to use for ordering and keeping track of.
New deals up to 80% every day! Watch upcoming deals here. Go to link

"the last 2 orders I had with them I had nothing but problem, they messed both orders up, and put a hold on my bank for money not owed, I bought 3 items, free shipping and they charged me for shipping, not only did they charge me , they put 5 holds on my bank account that's takes up to 10 days to get my money back for a 149.44 order they charge me for 313.77 and being on social security that hurts, they was kids toys, now I will give my name to prove what i'm saying, I will never do business with them again; paulmwagner@gmail.com"

This review was modified by paulmwagner123 on November 19 2015 03:38:54 PM

"This is about the "New" Amazon delivery system AMZL_US, I've been buying from Amazon for more than twenty years without a problem, now in two weeks I had three deliveries issues with two packages, from banging my house door and screaming like a madman, not leaving the package at the from door as I instructed, and finally delivering the package to the wrong address. Every time I chat and call Amazon Costumer Service, and all I get is "sorry", "it won’t happen again", "we will pass your issue to the right department and keep you updated with the solutions”, but nothing happens. When several times I asked where I can write a review for the delivery system, it’s always the same answer "we don't have such a service". I paid for prime, because it used to be a good deal, but now that delivery is so unreliable I don't need it anymore, I don't want apologies or excuses what I want are my items on time.
By the way delivery is my only issue with Amazon, other than that everything is fine.

This review was modified by gaito49 on November 18 2015 06:27:10 PM

"I love this place. From my tablet to DVDs and candy. Great prices fast shipping"

This review was modified by halfdogg7 on November 12 2015 10:22:01 AM

""Prime" items are consistently way overpriced. In addition to the $100 a year membership fee, you actually have to pay for their "free shipping." on 95% of the items I buy online, I find them for cheaper (including the cost of shipping) from other retailers. Additionally that now have "Add On Items" which essentially means you have to make a minimum purchase before you get their "free" shipping (which you are still paying for since they inflate the price of their "Prime" items). Also you have no choice in how the items are shipped. A lot of the time my items get shipped by USPS, which never comes in 2 days, and half the time USPS marks the item as delivered but doesn't actually deliver the package for another couple of days. The last issue I have with Amazon required 4 calls to Amazon customer service just to get someone who spoke enough and was competent enough to understand the problem, and even then nothing was does to resolve the issue. There Instant Prime tv steaming is mediocre, with a selection that mostly consists of outdated movies and shows that weren't even popular or heard of when that did air on tv back in the 80's. When they do add new content (usually once every 2-3 months) you may get ONE good movie or series, and the rest you have never heard of before. Every time I go to use Amazon, it always results with disappointment and dissatisfaction."

"Greatest online shop ever! Very satisfied. Too bad some items have such regional restriction that means i can't buy some of them especially some digital goods. Great job anyway."

"As a loyal customer, the first time i filed a claim with Amazon was so disappointed and unhappy. My returned product was delivered to the seller according to USPS tracking information, however, the seller said they just received a box without ring inside after 7 days they received the mail. The reason i made the returned because the seller didn't attach the IGI Certification as promised, which is so important evidence to approve the quality of diamond. however, Amazon denied my claim to protect their seller, why don't they protect their customers who believe in Amazon's reputation so purchase from the 3rd party. "

"I was really surprised by their timely delivery of my order! The parcel was packed quite well and the quality was awesome, I like them! Thanks!"

Share Amazon.com's store rating

Amazon.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Amazon.com is not a merchant member
Amazon.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!