Stores > Amazon.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.69/10 5.69/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.05/10 5.05/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.96/10 5.96/10

2016-08-23

Amazon failed to assist me with despute with one of its Sellers: I lost $469.

"On July 24, through Amazon.com, I ordered and promptly received an Apple iPhone 6 advertised as "Certified Refurbished" and sold by Excellent Products, Inc. However, right from the start the iPhone malfunctioned: it was often non-responsive to the touch, it would often freeze so it could only be revived by doing a hard power-off and a reboot, which would help only temporarily as it would soon start to malfunction again. I requested Amazon to approve a return, which was readily granted (Aug4). I was sent the appropriate return form with Excellent Products address label, and returned the phone to the Seller (Tracking Number 9500114602776218010929). The phone was delivered to the Seller on Aug 8. Failing to receive a refund, I contacted Excellent Products on Aug 11 providing the tracking number and asking for an update on the situation. The Seller responded advising me that it would take 3-5 days to process the return. A few days later, no refund being received, I contacted the Seller again and was asked to provide the tracking number, which I did once again. Still no refund. I contacted Amazon for assistance, and was asked to submit a claim under their A-to-Z Guarantee Program, which is intended to provide protection to buyers who are unable to resolve problems with a Seller. I submitted my claim on Aug 16, and immediately received assurance from Customer Service that "your money is safe at Amazon and we take full responsibility of every transaction". However, a couple of hours later I received notice that my claim was denied (on the ground that "the A-to-Z Guarantee does not cover the problem that you reported. Our A-to-Z Guarantee does not supplement or replace a seller's returns policy"), and was advised to contact the seller directly. So once again I contacted the Seller, asking them, if their return policy does not allow refunds on iPhones, To at least send me back the defective iPhone I returned so I could try to get Apple to fix it. The Seller replied, asking for the tracking number again, which I provided for the third time on Aug 19. No response. I tried to contact the Seller again, first by phone (no answer; left my phone number on voice mail, no call back), then again by email. Still no response. I filed an appeal with Amazon's A-to-Z Guarantee (pointing out that I had returned the iPhone to the Seller with Amazon's approval) but the appeal was denied within the hour, with no further explanation. So now I am out $469 and nothing to show for, not even the returned defective phone! Although the Seller (Excellent Products) is to be blamed for dishonest dealing (keeping both the money and the returned phone), I also blame Amazon for two reasons: 1) It approved the return of the iPhone to the Seller when it should have known that the Seller's returns policy does not allow returns of iPhones, so in effect it approved the return of something non-returnable. I would not have returned the phone if Amazon had not authorized me to do so. 2) When the Seller failed to even send me back the returned phone, I would have expected Amazon to assist me, which it did not do in the least, despite its avowal that "your money is safe" with Amazon when dealing with its sellers. I feel defrauded by Excellent Products and deceived by Amazon.
P.S. Tonight at 9:50 pm - 7 hours after submitting my review, I finally received an email from Excellent Products apologizing for the delay and promising to ship the phone back to me tomorrow. If the promise is kept, Excellent Products will be exhonerated. But this won't exhonerate Amazon for its lack of support.

This review was modified by Ausmar on August 23 2016 07:10:23 PM

2016-08-10

Good deals for the right price

"My personal experience with Amazon has been great it's not all sunshine and rainbows but hey not everything in life is. I'm a prime member so that just makes everything better free 2 day shipping with already good prices on some items sign me up and there's a vast variety of sellers it's awesome. I personally use it all the time it's great I highly recommend it to anyone. "

2016-08-09

Can't seem to deliver items

"Since the fulfillment center opened in my city, I never seem to get any packages I order and the customer service wants me to wait over 3 days to get a package after they say they deliver it. Amazon is getting worse and worse as time goes by"

2016-08-05

SCAM - Warehouse Deals, Inc

"Recently purchased and paid for item showing on AMAZON's Warehouse Deals, Inc. It showed in stock and gave me a shipping date. I also opened an Amazon account for $50 discount. Now after waiting a couple of weeks, they tell me it is out of stock and cancelled my order, HOWEVER I can purchase on Amazon through another vender at double the price. BUYER'S BEWARE THIS SURE SEEMS LIKE A SCAM TO ME. They suckered me into another credit account and offered me to "buy it again" at a higher price."

This review was modified by ArtPa on August 05 2016 11:11:34 AM

2016-07-27

Love Topist handheld mist fan Amazon

"This is the first I've seen where the mist is so fine that I wasn't sure if there was mist coming out. I see it but I wasn't getting soaked!?! I literally had to put my hand almost to the opening just to feel the moisture.

I would compare it to something similar like a diffuser. This is actually good as it is just enough of a mist that it cools you without soaking your face. The combination of the fan and this fine mist will lower the temperature enough that it will blow cooler air. You don't have to be a Science Wiz to understand that concept.
The first time i saw the product name mist fan for beauty, i feel it a little strange. But, in this hot season, i found the power of such items. Strongly recommended, love this Topist handheld mist fan Amazon!

2016-07-26

Used to be great, but what a fall from grace!

"Amazon used to be awesome.with very customer centric policies that showed they cared about their customers. These days are long gone, anymore they couldn't care less about getting things to you on time or updating the stock numbers on their site or making sure their customers are satisfied.

I knew it was a matter of time before their board started thinking more of profits and less about repeat business

2016-07-25

AMAZON SCREWED US OVER

"This would be a 0 stars if I could do it. I want to warn all of you to AVOID this website. My husband got a credit card that he never applied for and they refused to resolve the situation. They refused to tell him what account the miscreant used and stated "oh you don't have to give an email or use an account to apply." They refused to do an investigation without him signing something. Obviously their company isn't trustworthy so why should he literally GIVE them his signature? They would not assist us what so ever except to close the fraudulent account and tell us we have to wait 30 days for the account to close?!"

2016-07-21

Missing items

"Amazon will tell you that they shipped you items that they did not and continue to charge you for them. Talked to Amazon representatives multiple times and was pushed around with no resolution. They will waste your time until you give up and steal your money."

This review was modified by loyalcustomer221 on July 21 2016 11:02:24 PM

2016-07-07

I was lied to repeatedly about delivery days...

"I am a Prime Amazon Member. I ordered a new $1300.00 TV that I found on Amazon which was promised to be delivered "next day" on July 6, 2016. The date was updated to July 7, 2016 online when I checked the status online. I called and was told that it would definitely be delivered on July 7th and that Amazon would refund my next day shipping. I waited all day on July 7th for the TV. The TV never arrived. I went online and it said that it was coming by MAIL and that it was in transit! I called Amazon and asked how in the world could they guarantee ANYTHING sent by MAIL to be delivered the following day...and how could they send something so expensive and fragile BY MAIL? They had no answer. The agent put me on hold and said that she would call the USPS about the delivery. She came back online and said that she had spoken with the USPS and had been told it would be delivered by 3:00 p.m. She told me that she would call me back at 4:00 p.m. to confirm the delivery. At 4:20 p.m., I had no TV and no call from Amazon. So, I called Amazon. All the agent could tell me was that, in checking his tracking information, he could see the TV was "in transit." I told him that I KNEW that much as I could see it when I looked myself. He told me at that point that the TV would "probably come tomorrow or the next day." I told him that I had reserved a man to come out to mount my TV based upon Amazon's "guarantee" and all he could say was, "I'm sorry. I know you are frustrated." At that point I told him to cancel the order and I would go to Best Buy and get the TV there for the same price. He told me that he canceled the order. I also told him to cancel my Prime Membership as well. I am done with Amazon and their delivery "guarantee" days which, obviously, mean nothing at all."

2016-07-07

Amazon makes life easier!

"Love Amazon for their selection, speed, customer service, and everything else!"

2016-07-04

Amazon Rocks!

"I ordered the NEBO BIG Larry Power Flashlight/Work light. I received the order very quickly and the shipping was free (with my Prime membership). The light was exactly as described. Highly recommend but always check pricing elsewhere to see if Amazon has the best price on the item."

This review was modified by Buy2muchstuff on July 04 2016 08:27:26 PM

2016-06-29

Only place to order EVERYTHING online!

"I love Amazon, I can't speak highly enough of their services. Any time I have an issue, they fix it promptly. I have only ever had one shipping issue with them in the 10 years I've been a Prime member. Their prices are amazing, and you can buy anything from them. I love Amazon Mom, Prime, Subscribe & Save, Pantry, and my two-day free shipping is AMAZING!"

2016-06-27

Amazon Could Be Great For You

"I thought it was a great service when I was a Prime member, but I decided to drop Prime, because of the price increase and I'm currently not ordering much items. I recently ordered four items with free shipping (over $49) and it's been over a week and they have not even shipped yet. So it tells me don't expect decent service if you are not a prime member. Another killer is that Amazon is now charging sales tax if the shipping warehouse is located is your state. They do have great prices on a lot of items, except for Amazon Pantry."

This review was modified by Ironbalut on June 27 2016 08:48:20 AM

2016-06-23

Amazon Prime? A sketchy endeavor.

"While Amazon if quick and easy with promises and guarantees they are completely ignoring the fact that they can't deliver a product when promised more than 70% of the time. A great deal of my business requires reliable time estimates. I can't rely on Amazon delivering anything on time.

Another great idea poorly executed.

This review was modified by franktarget on June 23 2016 09:22:46 PM

2016-06-23

Buyer Beware!! My money was never refunded after a return.

"Buyer BEWARE! Amazon is OK if you don't have any problems, but once a problem arises, it is impossible to get support or rectify the mistake.
Purchased a TV for $300+ dollars which I had to return. My return was accepted and my online account states that my refund was issued; however, it was never credited back to my credit card. It has been impossible to get a hold of any support at Amazon and I had to dispute the charge with my CC company, which is also presenting with difficulties due to Amazon. In summary Amazon still owes me $300+ and I'm loosing hope that I will ever get it back. This customer will not be making any more purchases on that website.

This review was modified by emma2016 on June 23 2016 02:27:09 PM

Share Amazon.com's store rating

Amazon.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Amazon.com is not a merchant member
Amazon.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!