"I've placed over 300 orders with Amazon over the course of the past 10 years. There have been minor hiccups here and there but the service has been outstanding overall. Unfortunately, Amazon is doing to online retailers what Walmart did to brick and mortar retail. It's so hard to shop elsewhere when the price is so good and customer service is excellent though."

"very disappointed with amazon, delivery was bad and customer service after was really bad shopped for a long time with amazon but over the past months they have not been great "

modified review This review was modified by jiiiin on July 18 2014 03:31:02 PM

"Buy from the vonder and shipped by amazon.
You can get it fast if you pay more.

"Just make sure you look for the ships by and sold by Amazon logo. Always excellent service when dealing with Amazon direct."

"Good. Depends on who you buy from. Takes almost a week to get to your house, and tax add extra cost. 2nd Hand items usually more cheaper on ebay than amazon but ebay is ebay. Just make sure to buy from the right seller."

modified review This review was modified by amansreview on July 20 2014 02:25:11 PM

"Though Im not a fan of online sales tax, Amazon always has competitive pricing, and the product reviews cant be beat. Thats the main thing for me is the reviews.

Ive never had a problem with Amazon service or their merchants. And I always make sure to choose merchants with high ratings if I cant get the item supplied from Amazon themselves.

Shipping has always been top notch in terms of keeping me updated. And I usually get my item by a week later.

One thing I wish Amazon didnt do though, was allow SquareTrade to sell their scam warranties to people. SquareTrade has notoriously poor customer service and Ive read too many reviews of people not having their warranty honored.

Oh wells.

modified review This review was modified by jaycrewz on July 14 2014 11:12:53 PM

"Amazon's new pay-by-check feature? Don't bother. May save them money, but it costs you in grief. These very stupid people pass the check to Telecheck. If Telecheck isn't up to date, you're screwed, your check bounces, your credit history is annotated and so on. Jeff ain't minding the store, and it shows in this ill-considered process."

Iowa

"I have always been satisfied with Amazon's prime 2 day free shipping and return policies If Amazon has it in their stock. If the item you order is coming from another company you might have a different experience. They are not the cheapest place to shop at times, but have always been as fast and reliable as any place I have shopped online and at times, even faster than most. It now cost $99 per year, but if you order a lot like I have it will more than pay for itself and with free movies to watch if you have a TV or DVD that can connect to the internet, it is cheaper than netflix. I don't know if its selection is as good, but we have watched a few really good movies we must have missed over the years. Although I am not a big movie watcher, it is a plus that I have that opportunity. I have probably saved over $200 in shipping costs in the past year too. I had to put an order number in this review to complete it so I picked the last one. My ratings also reflect the many other orders I made, including a few returns."

"I ordered a pair of running shoes at $49.00 in late June for a 4th of July run. No problem--I'm a Prime member, I know this shoe, and Amazon is great at fulfillment so I didn't even consider going to the local shop. I got confirmation of the purchase, and then, four days later, wondering why this order never arrived, I got a cancelled notice from Amazon claiming the product was out of stock. This note came complete with a link to prove the product was out of stock. Clicking the link showed that it was indeed in stock, but now priced at $113.00.

Great.

So I called them, wasting more of my time, and all trust that I had built up with Amazon over the year completely eroded in a matter of minutes. The person I spoke with just reiterated that it was out of stock and there was nothing that could be done about it, despite the fact that it was indeed in stock with links proving that fact. I asked to speak to a manager, who, after an infuriating exchange of utter nonsense, told me he couldn't help and would hang up on me; which he did. Flabbergasted, I called back, spoke to another customer service person, who finally spoke the truth, that being: "We messed up, and the link showing it is in stock is fulfilled by another supplier, and we cannot offer that price." In his defense, he was civil, apologetic, human.

Given this experience, I would advise you to not count on Amazon to fulfill orders of any product that is needed on a specific date at a specific price.

Given the options, I believe that zappos.com and 6pm.com are both far superior in shoe sales, fulfillment and customer service, as are local shops.

Happy Trails!

"Don't get decieved by their prices ,most of their sellers are not authorized.you can buy cheap stuff from amazon but don't ever buy electronics or expensive stuff!!they won't refund you or replace your damged product.
I bought a $500 product (silk'n xl)that supposed to have a 65,000 pulse that would be more than enough for me and my spouse for life and it just broke down in the 3rd or 4th use!!! And the company refused to replace it because the seller is not an authorized seller ,and amazon as well refused to do anything about it though i trusted them not the seller!!!

modified review This review was modified by Obayda on June 27 2014 09:53:30 AM

"Amazon is getting worse and worse every day.
The package arrived torn up, without any padding.
The customer service is always incognito , no real person to talk to.
The return has been refused and the representative was rude and unskilled. When I started complaining about it - they just canceled my account.
Not buying from Amazon anymore

"SUCKS! People think they have the lowest price so they dont check anywhere else. I just did some research and found almost everything I was buying from them at lower price in other online stores. They seem to have outsourced their customer India. I can't get a reasonable answer from anyone over their. I'm done with amazon"

"Amazon sold me a defective item and then refused to process my return. They closed my account without any explanation (unless you can accept that for a valid reason):

------quote: "We have found your account is directly related to another account which has been closed for abuse of our policies. As such, your Amazon.com account has been closed."--------

I have tried to contact them and receive some explanation and access to my order history, my invoices, and scheduled deliveries but received only vague semi-automated responses written by some foreign customer service reps.

Amazon operations seems to be outsourced to some third world country, that would explained rude and vindictive attitude of the CSRs and lack of understanding of customers rights that are in place in the US.

No, I did not make any excessive returns--ironically, in Amazons (red) eyes I tried to buy too many items from Amazon.com--they cancelled my orders and then closed my account for placing too many orders... I am not sure who writes their policies but surely they come from policy makers in one of the commie countries.

You have been warned--if you buy from Amazon.com you are buying from a bussines supervised and operated from a third world country--stay away or one day you will receive the following email:

--------quote:
"Hello,
As your account is closed, we will not be accepting any returns from your account.

You can review our Conditions of Use here:

www.amazon.com/conditionsofuse

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Account Specialist
Thank you.
Amazon.com"---------

modified review This review was modified by noboco on June 11 2014 06:10:57 PM

"Amazon is becoming the poster child for the Caveat Emptor doctrine (let the buyer beware). Shopping on their site has become an unwelcome exercise in research as we lowly shoppers have to read not only the product description, but all the reviews and questions and answers from fellow shoppers, just to see if the description is accurate and to get basic information such as country of manufacture, since Amazon can not be bothered to verify details of products they sell or allow to be sold on their site. If we end up purchasing from Amazon, we have to keep our fingers crossed that the item(s) will arrive undamaged, as their packing process is a crapshoot. One might receive a beautifully padded order that does not shift in its box even with the most violent shaking, or (more probably) a half empty, half unsealed box with the order floating around the bottom with no protection in sight. I usually order elsewhere now, rather than support their slipshod operation."

modified review This review was modified by lovebargains on June 11 2014 08:49:56 AM

"I can't speak to Amazon's many resellers as I tend to avoid them, but when Amazon is the seller they are frickin awesome. They seem to sell everything at a fraction above cost. Shipping with Amazon Prime is ridiculously cheap. The particular order I'm reviewing was for a garden fountain. Amazon's price was over $100 less than Home Depot. As a Prime member, I got that huge box shipped overnight for $15. Incredible.

They're not perfect of course. I recently ordered a 12 pack of flexible PVC connectors. They shipped one rather than the 12. I sent an e-mail. They responded within a few hours. They told me to keep the one they sent and then they shipped a new 12 pack by overnight shipping. That's just how they roll.

Amazon.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Amazon.com is not a merchant member
Amazon.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!