Stores > Amazon.com

Customer service: Rating 3.28/10 3.28/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.53/10 4.53/10

2016-12-04

A Giant Without A Clue

"I have bought numerous items from Amazon for years. In fact, I have been a Prime member for the last five years. I even acquired their rewards VISA card and an Amazon Store Card. Both of these forms of payment were active and on my Amazon account. Then yesterday I get an email that indicates they are having trouble renewing my Prime membership because of a payment problem. They immediately suspended my Prime account without any time to correct the problem. The same day I contacted an Amazon represented and she indicated that payment would take place immediately and my Prime membership would be renewed the next day. Next day nothing. Talked to two more representatives and they couldn't do anything until the Amazon Store Card approved my payment, which could take up to 2 days. These people apparently have no authority to handle any customer issues. I find it strange that when I order a Prime item it is sent immediately without complete authorization from the credit card company but when I renew my Prime membership it can't be done until it clears the bank. You would think that I, a long time Amazon customer, was trying to rob them. Very poor business practices. I think they have gotten too big for their customers. "

2016-12-03

non delivery lof merchandise

"Where is my shipment????????"

2016-12-01

REFUND scam/ Over charge shipping fees

"I ordered an over the range microwave for $174.00 tax was about $17 then I noticed the shipping cost was $132.87 I bout fainted, unfortunately I placed the order and then immediately cancelled. Now get this, after several calls, emails, they only want to refund me $194.00. They said the package has been shipped, NOT TRUE, and the shipping cost of $13.28 is nonrefundable, HELLO you missed a decimal its $132.87, I'm about to cry this is the worst third party bs I ever dealt with, I'm forced to contact my bank and stop payment."

2016-11-30

No Price Adjustments

"Less than a week after I bought something the price went down $20, and the customer service chat was unwilling to adjust the price for me. They said I could return it and buy it again, which is a major hassle, and even with Prime they don't have free return shipping! If I had anticipated this I would have paid with credit card, which allows for price adjustments at their end. Unfortunately I was stupid enough to have paid with gift cards. Such a scam! I spend $100's on Amazon a month, but I'll be sure to shop elsewhere in the future."

This review was modified by glongsword on November 30 2016 11:35:12 AM

2016-11-29

Amazon's contemporary motto: Over-promise, under-deliver

"As a Prime member, the prompt delivery is generally nice... but it's not so nice when an item is promised on a specific day and it doesn't appear that day... and then when I call they tell me it's two days away... but someone still needs to be at the residence address to sign for the item. Let me be clear, I don't care as much as to when it's coming rather what I care about is that I need to KNOW when it's coming and if Amazon can't do that reliably, it's bordering on worthless. Amazon's employees get paid for their time, if they can't do what they promise, they need to pay me for mine. (I suspect part of the problem is their partial or full use of the nearly worthless USPS to either handle the whole delivery or the final mile [sometimes for FEDEX, etc.] The USPS simply can't meet its own service standards and Amazon is foolish to use them for anything whatsoever.) I'd like to add that their call center appears to be in India -- the people are nice but can't speak English all that well and it's been pretty much a waste of time to talk to them. Today (what was written above was written yesterday) the on-line resource now tells me that the item will not appear until three days after it was promised. Oh, and as compensation for my trouble they offered to extend my Prime membership for one month. Ridiculous service, ridiculous non-remedies, ridiculous compensation for my trouble. Beware of Amazon's promises.... Tiresome."

This review was modified by rethman on November 30 2016 04:26:43 AM

2016-11-26

Love Amazon!

"Always a great experience - and FAST"

2016-11-26

FRUSTRATING BUY AMAZON, NEVER EVER BUY any item from AMAZON.

"FRUSTRATING BUY AMAZON,NEVER EVER BUY any item from AMAZON.

orders placed 11/25 #***-****-6297820

I ordered a laptop from AMAZON. After one order placed, got an email saying that it is cancelled. placed another order never received any cancellation. when i look my amazon account, it says CANCELLED>
Called AMAZON customer service, they said TECHNICAL ISSUE, thye cancelled. talked with amazon manager and they will not help..
NEVER EVER BUY ANY ITEM FROM AMAZON, COMPLETELY FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE, 3 hours lost...
both my orders cancelled without MY KNOWLEDGE, COMPLETE FRUSTRATION AND AMAZON CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WOSRT EVER I HAVE EXPERIENCED..

we will never get justice from amazon for the orders we place trusting amazon

This review was modified by exedra100 on November 26 2016 12:57:14 AM

2016-11-22

FAKE SELLERS BEWARE

"I don't order off of amazon much in more of an eBay buyer but I did happen to order my son some new Pokémon cards off amazon from seller Card rush/KSTAMPS and the came fairly fast like a week. When we first opened them they all looked nice and brand new. Well my son was looking at them all and then the issues started one was burned, most you could hold up towards light and you could see right thru them and when compared to his other Pokémon cards that were bought in stores they were smaller and felt a tad different. The seller was an **** and didn't want to give me my money back. I told him he can have them back and that he would pay for a prepaid label for shipping plus refund me my back. He only refunded me $1 so I call amazon and they made him pay back every penny. It's sad that their are so many people out there scamming buyers. It's bad for the buyers, the website and bad for the honest sellers... good luck buying online and stay clear of this seller unless your into the damaged fake cards lol. "

2016-11-07

Not what it's all cracked up to be

"Prices are good and sometimes great, but the processing time and shipping time from when you place the order to when you finally get the item is the worst out of any online retailer or site period. I really hate this about Amazon I wish they weren't so careless in this area, they literally are more concerned about profit than providing everyone with fast processing and fast free shipping. The prime isn't even fast for what it is. Amazon prime = the average for every other online retailers free shipping. "

This review was modified by Ap6271 on November 07 2016 07:10:32 PM

2016-11-04

Amazing Amazon

"No complaints my man. I had an issue with my order, and thought ut would be a war of nutrition. Huh. I never like to admit that I'm wrong, but I was, does that make sense? They made my return so simple, just want to give a shout out to my boy Steve V in customer support, he's got a big ole iguana piece."

2016-10-28

Amazon is shaking down its long time customers

"Amazon has, for some time, listed products as "Prime only", and has now expanded that to include items across its range. Including even groceries.

It doesn't matter if you've been a customer for years, and bought that very same item. When you go to re-order, they'll tell you, "Prime members only".

That is how Amazon rewards you for being a customer. They blackmail you.

Aside from outright theft, I can't conceive of a slimier business practice.
WalMart is trying to compete with Amazon, and they've made considerable progress in terms of service and selection. Their prices are certainly competitive, I'm guessing they treat their workers as well as Amazon, who have a crap reputation on that front.

So, for this consumer, I'll search the pond and only go to Amazon as a last resort for any purchase.

This review was modified by Yikes.Give.Me.A.Break on October 28 2016 10:46:07 AM

2016-10-27

Amazon is getting worse every day

"I recently placed some orders at amazon.com web store paying for overnight shipping. They lost ALL the items on the way to my door. Got a chance to talk to their customer service which was another fun. Three representatives lied to me about some unbelievably generous compensation for inconvenience but in reality nothing happened. That's how amazon treat the customers.
After all they decided to close my account and I'm still trying to get my money back from undelivered items.
If you want some trouble - buy from them!

This review was modified by abolit1954 on October 27 2016 06:53:34 AM

2016-10-25

Best Company on the planet

"I have been an Amazon customer from day one. I have had issues and all have been resolved perfectly. Amazon is the best place to shop on the planet. Given the fact that Amazon has billions of customers and so few ratings on this site...I assume that the data is skewed toward the negative. A few thousand complaints out of billions is a great story.

2016-10-25

No help with Fraudsters

"Amazon has slipped horribly recently. They allow scam artists to selll through their site and do little or nothing to protect their customers from them.

I ordered a NEW Samsung Galaxy S5 from Advantage Wireless Device and they sent an obviously used phones.

Despite calls and emails to the seller and Amazon they have not sent me return shipping label refunded my money or done anything to remedy this FRAUD.

This review was modified by jfg999 on October 25 2016 05:15:35 AM

2016-10-22

Customer No Service

"I purchased a tablet back in December of 2015 and a Square Trade extended warranty. Now that the WI-FI has stopped working and went to make a claim on the warranty. Only to find out that this unit was re-manufactured. Square Trade doesn't cover re-manufactured units. This was not identified by the seller back in Dec. I ran into to a similar problem with a laptop computer purchased at the same time. Amazon refunded the purchase price for the laptop but refuses to refund the purchase price for the tablet. $350 dollars in not chump change. I went through all the hoops Amazon required with contacting the seller and the A to Z program even appealing the decision. I will say this time that I did talk to someone who spoke English all the other times a heavy accent made communication difficult. The final result after months of effort is:
I realize you're disappointed because we can not issue a refund for Order ID: 106-2528477-0331420, and I regret we've been unable to address your concerns to your satisfaction. However, we'll not be able to offer any additional insight or action on these matters, and any further inquiries on this matter won't receive a response.

We appreciate your understanding.

Best regards,
Waylon C
I have used Amazon for years but if your order is past the 90 days you are out of luck. In good consensus I can no longer shop at Amazon since they seem to have become just an internet YARD Sale site

Share Amazon.com's store rating

Amazon.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Amazon.com is not a merchant member
Amazon.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!