• Amamax

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"After -26!- emails, I have had enough. Heed the negative reviews! The positive ones are obviously fake as they are poorly written. The products are Chinese, and details here show they get thousands of daily orders, too many to respond to.

I bought an induction cooktop through Amamax, on Amazon. There is a known issue where some of these units have the coils too tightly coiled next to each other which causes burn spots to develop somewhere around the center of any compatible pan used, right through your food. This is on the second to lowest setting. This means it is unusable at any temperature besides the lowest setting. I requested an RMA through Amazon but their system did not create a shipping label. I emailed Amamax, requesting an RMA so I could get a refund. I waited for a reply for two weeks, then sent another email. After another three days of no response, I sent another email, stating that I was feeling inclined to leave a negative review unless I get a reply. Within the hour, the entirety of their reply was to ask why I would you be getting a return label.

Assuming this was a bad customer service rep, I ventured to their site to contact them. I received a flush reply from a different rep, telling me that these orders are auto-approved in batches, not manually accepted and that due to the order volume (over 15,000 a day on a slow day) and return request volume of about 750-1000 a day, my request should be approved soon, generally no longer than 48-72 hours.

I thanked the rep for the info and attached the response from the errant rep, to which he verily threw Amazon under the bus saying that the message he responded to was the first one they had actually received, that 99% of the messages sent through the Amazon message system never reach them directly because a department over at Amazon has taken it upon themselves to attempt to intervene and answer the messages proactively before sending the ones they feel they don’t have an answer for are forwarded to them (sometimes upwards of a week late). He went on to say that Amazon has been starting to use a lot of underhanded tactics against their sellers by allowing snide replies that are unsigned by cowardly and frustrated call-center employees there.

He added that I could simply e-mail the purchaser with the RMA barcode of the Amazon label, along with the 17 digit order ID and to explain to them the unit is defective and that I am requesting a return shipping label and that they would forward me a PDF label.

After more back and forth to find my order, another agent interceded on the email string. Apparently he was the original rep to have responded with the short, curt reply asking why they would give an RMA. He states he cant find my order and asks that I give a detailed description of the issue with the appliance and more order info. I give him all the information they could ever need. He replies asking for even more information, asking if the pot was defective and waxed colloquial about how he has several of these and loves them. Five days later - nothing. I send an email asking if the RMA was emailed. He replies that he is shipping out another pot that day.

What?? Why are you sending me a pot?! There is nothing wrong with the pot (other than it is cheap.) I send my reply stating as much, and again, he knocks customer service out of the park by stating he can only ship a replacement pot based on the time elapsed. He was rude, short in message, and completely unresponsive as a rep. He went on to say that I was supposed to send the whole thing back to Rosewill to get a brand new replacement, that he did his best and that I got a pot without all the hassle.

No one reminded me I had a window of time to return this. Everything I have presented here is the meat of the communication we have exchanged. Second, no one suggested that I had to return it to Rosewill. So, I was promised an RMA, and then I dont get one. I received the order on April 17th. It is now June 5th and I am still getting errant responses on this issue. My AtoZ claim was rejected because Amamax took so long it fell outside the 30 day window.

With "thousands of daily orders," do you want to take the risk that you will be just another forgotten customer?

Update 1:
Unbelievable. They actually sent me a replacement -pot.- Not a replacement device, but an actual pot.

Update 2:
After sharing this review with Amamax, again, within the hour, the original rep hastily reacted and contacted ResellerRatings to remove the communications from Amamax rather than resolve the issue.

"Fanrastic company to work with, with exceptional customer service! I ordered 2 computer case fans from Amamax and when they didn't arrive, I checked the tracking info. It showed receipt by the shipping service but no other activity. Contacted Amamax and their customer service was on it right away. Very courteous and gracious, Alice offered to send out the order again and, because the fan model I had ordered was now temporarily out of stock, send me the next higher grade of fan at no additional cost. She emailed me promptly, kept lines of communication open, and shipped my order out super fast (got it in 2 days). I would definitely use Amamax again!"

"I was gifted two modules of RAM purchased as a unit from this Amazon reseller. One of the units became faulty after about 1.5 months. Amamax refuses to refund or exchange, stating a 30 day window has already passed. They will do nothing but direct you to the original manufacturer in the event a product they sell (PC parts & components) is non-functional outside their arbitrary 30 day window. I urge you to not shop with these jerks via their stores, website, or amazon reseller page(s)."

"Amazing service fast and reliable.. With shop again"

"Fast shipping and quality products. Will definitely shop again! Thank you for being a one of a kind merchant!"

"Product was promptly shipped and received just three days after ordering the product. Cable seems heavy duty and should hold well. I just received it, so time will tell."

"IMBAP Premium Gold headphone Splitter Cable is a wonderful cable. It offers faster charging time and the length is great. Would order other products from AmaMax."

"I think that order was very professional. It arrived very fast. Everything worked. I will always use this company with further orders. Thank you Amamax."

"Excellent product and service. Amamax delivers as promised and with great service."

"Very satisfied with price ,quality and shipped right on time ,happy customer !!!!!!!!! :)"

"Bought 2 micro USB cables listed as for data for Nexus 5 cell phones.
Neither cable works for anything. Not data.
Not even charging.
WTF????????

"Imba other micro usb to USB female works like a champ for such a affordable price, every thumb or usb drive I have works fantastic."

"product works great.Meet the requirements as described"

"I ordered a 10 feet charger and I love it.. Something I want it.. It long.. Works really great."

"Great product and fast shipping well done."

Share Amamax's store rating

Amamax is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Amamax is a merchant member
Amamax participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,715 merchant members.