• Address: 1701 E. Edinger Ave Suite B1 Santa Ana, CA 92705
    • Phone: 714-547-7400
    • Customer Support: 714-547-7400
    • Business Hours: M-F 9AM to 6PM
    • Fax: 714-547-7600

"I ordered an external Fire Wire hard drive with cables and power adapter. I recieved a hard drive; no case, cables, etc. After several emails to get an RMA, I returned the hard drive and did recieve the correct item.
It is supposed to have a 1 year warrenty, but it crashed a few months ago and I have been unable to contact them by phone or email. Apparently they have gone out of business?

"They had a GREAT price on an ECS K7VTA3 motherboard-$46 shipped! So I thought I would give them a chance. E-mail confirmation was quick. They shipped it right out. Well packaged. Product all there as ordered. Even got a complementary poopie-dog keychain. I ordered from them under the piranhatech name. My experience was only positive so for this transaction have to give credit where credit is due."

Pullman, WA

"These guys are crooks. I ordered an AOpen CDRW drive. They sent me a verbatim. Not anywhere near the same quality. After receiving the drive, I looked on their website, and it states that they can substitute anything of equal or greater value (I question that this is equal!). Oh, even if the unit is damaged, they will not pay return shipping, plus there is a $25 or 20% restocking fee. I should have checked this before I bought. I'm pretty lucky it was only a $50 purchase!

NEVER BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE. THEY ARE BAIT AND SWITCH SCAMMERS.

The sales people were also very unknowledgable, and could hardly speak english. Just a pain in the a$$ to deal with.

Seattle, WA

"The Hard Drive I ordered didn't include the adapter it was supposed to. Piranha (Alina Micro) said they would send it out right away. After a month of waiting and sending urgent emails asking for a real person's attention, I finally received it. One month later to the date.

I will never buy from them again. I don't care what they change their name to.

Colorado

"After a 2 week long ordeal Piranha finally admitted that not only is the product I ordered not in stock it likely never will be. The customer service rep was very helpful about it and was glad to cancel my order. Kind of dissappointing but not too bad. Until...
I checked with my credit card company and found out they charged my credit card on the same day I ordered! I called customer service back and got the same service tech who had canceled my order. She was very nice and explained that they always charge the customer's credit card as soon as the order comes in and then if the product isn't in stock they order it! She further explained that now that my order has been canceled my credit card will be credited in 4-7 days and that if it hasn't that I can call back and she'll look into it for me. Draw your own conclusions.

NJ

"The worst experience I've ever had with online purchases.
Ordered AOPEN CDRW 24X10X40 with cables+soft.
Received APEX 24X10X40=soft(no cables).
Wrong product shipped because
they didn't have ordered product in-stock. Didn't notify me about
substitue product.
Retrn should be through RMA department only. Talked to Billy Klein (ext.233). No help at all. Should be returned at my expense (no other way possible). What the f... is that?
Renamed from AlinaMicro.com to Piranha Technology. That's exactly who they are.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!

"Ordered 6 36 GB fujitsu's with UPS ground shipping. One week later they still had not shipped. I called in and they said "we're currently out of stock and will be getting more on Monday, we'll expedite shipping for free". I called again Monday, but the Fujitsu's still weren't there. I cancelled my order with them on Tuesday.

Their phone system is very annoying. If you call them and have someone check up on your order, make sure you get their name before you get put on hold. Otherwise it's very likely that someone else will pick up your line and not know who you just talked to.

This experience would have been better if they'd simply advertised on their site that they were out of stock for the item in question instead of listing it on pricewatch.

"I placed this order on 6/24/02. Not received by 7/10/02 and no email response giving the status. I called on 7/10/02. I was told it was being shipped and I would get a UPS tracking number by email in 24 hours or less. When I didn't, I emailed again , complaining and requesting status. The email response I got from a "Mani D." was one word- "cool". I called again late on 7/12/02 and was told that the items had been out of stock since the order was placed. My credit card was charged on the date of the order, contrary to the companie's published policy that it be charged when the item is shipped. I requested my charge be credited and the order be cancelled. Who knows if they will do what I asked. I wouldn't trust this company ever again."

"This company is not doing their business at all. I ordered a new Tape drive on May 3rd. After one week, I got an old one, dirty, no box, parts loosed. I called them. They shipped me a new one with new charge. They also have UPS picked up the old tape drive twice. But some of their people refused it twice. I made tons of calls. Now after 1.5 months, the old tape drive is still here. No any money back. I called them, they told me they would have UPS pick it up. No UPS people appeard these days. I just called them again, they said they will schedule another UPS pick up. But after dealing with them so many times, I really don't count on their words. I just regret that I did not read some of the customers' comments here before I placed the order."

"GREAT PRODUCT!! Exactly what was expected and more. They even gave me a free brand new Mouse. I will most definitly buy again from them."

"Great experience. Ordered 2 DVD &
2 CDRW drives. They were listed as new and with proper software. I got what I ordered and they also all included IDE cables & Audio cables. They were shipped within reasonable time. They were all well packed. Prior to shipping, I received an e-mail with the UPS
Tracking Number. All toll, the transaction was smooth and Alina Micro handled it very professionally.
I will definitely do business with them again.

texas

"never got feedback from them. The deal is still ongoing and not very good for me at this time. More later. These people owe me a $344.00 refund and refuse to give it to me as of june 10,2002. Sorry bunch if you ask me."

modified review This review was modified by fox1943 on June 10 2002 01:30:47 PM

"I had a great experience with this reseller. They were exceptional!"

"Product was a 40GB Firewire hard drive and was delivered in a reasonable amount of time. Unfortunately, the drive did not work and had to be returned. The return was quite painful due to the rude RMA department employee named Mike Daskalakis. Product was shipped back to alinamicro on 3/18/02 and received by them on 3/22/02. It took until 4/13/02 for me to receive a refund--and only partial at that. During this period, I called 3 times and sent 2 emails to pursue the refund. I only received 1 email stating that they had refunded the amount but upon following up with my credit card company, they had no record of the refund. I have finally received my refund and will never shop at this website again. This website is not recommended no matter how cheap the price!"

"These guys need to be locked up. I purchased a Pioneer DVD-106S for my studio, which is a 16x DVD-ROM drive, slot loading. What they sent me was a USED 6x DVD-ROM from 1999 that in addition to being filthy and smelling like a musty closet, also had a piece of plastic broken off of the IDE connector on the back. When I called them in a huff, they wanted me to pay the shipping to return the dadgum drive. I'm still waiting on a response from them. Needless to say, I won't be ordering from them again..."

Alina Micro is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Alina Micro is not a merchant member
Alina Micro does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!