AlienwareCoupons

Product & services pricing Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.36/10 0.36/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.57/10 3.57/10

"Piece of crap.
I was stupid enough to even trust them on their product. I owned m17 series myself, the machine is with top spec. Majority of the time unusable. Talked to their warranty department, I get threatened in return they have the rights to even refuse and not care.

4 friends of mine bought the m15x r2 , m17x r3 and the m17r4. All have their own issues. Lucky for them cause of mt past experience, they returned theirs before losing their money entirely. U want a laptop that is powerful ? Look elsewhere. I would give them negative stars if possible.

modified review This review was modified by Fubarcow on May 28 2015 12:00:19 PM

"I really don't know how I feel about alienware at the moment. I was told by a friend who had alienware in the past that its a really great product, and it was okay in my opinion. I bought a laptop, for i think 1900$ (m17x r4), and I bought a 2 year warranty with it. It was a decent computer but it still had its problems.

I usually play games like league of legends and I played a little bit of swtor. The main thing that kind of made me realize it wasn't an amazing computer was that I couldn't run OBS on top of league of legends because it would strain the computer too much. I optimized the settings on both league of legends and obs and found that even on low settings on both, it still caused too many issues for my m17x. My main concern is that I bought a 2 year warranty on my laptop and my keyboard L, K, J, W, F and ; do not work. I currently have to use my girlfriends macbook due to unable to type most sentences without those keys. I called alienware tech support on a saturday (Because i work monday-friday 9-5:30 eastern, then I drive home), and they tell me that my warranty ended on january 10th 2015, and "I'm out of luck and need to speak to the out-of-warranty department". I guess fair is fair, the laptop warranty did expire. I think i was just frustrated because philips worked with me on a 2000$ coffee machine i purchased from them with a 1 year warranty, but because I didn't have any issues, they gave me a 3 month leniency period and serviced my machine for me. It just really showed me the difference between dell and philips. Like, I never had my computer serviced ever, and now I'm forced to pay shipping + 169$ + tax to get it my keyboard repaired because I called in 20 days after my computer's warranty expired (would have been 15 if i didn't work the whole week).

I called dell again to ask if I can repair the machine myself, and they said they could sell me a keyboard for 90$ if I'm comfortable repairing it myself. I asked for some time to think about it, and they offered me a callback for yesterday (which I never received).

Nobody is most likely going to read this, and I don't really care. I just wanted to say that the computer was good, and I really enjoyed it, but I think I would have enjoyed another computer that cost 2000$ just as much, and the other company probably would have given me a little better customer service.

I was going to try and sell this computer and buy a new alienware desktop, but I'm not so sure anymore. Anyway, just giving my thoughts.

modified review This review was modified by william.taylor.18 on February 21 2015 05:35:56 PM

"The Alienware tech support department is a JOKE. I upgraded my laptop to windows 10 and they are telling me because I upgraded my OS they can not fix the hardware issue that I am having. The hardware issue I am having has nothing to do with my OS and a supervisor by the name of Hector wanted to argue with me. Excuse me but I paid for my damn warranty. I spent 25 minutes on the phone with him and he called me a lair and was more worried about trying to prove me wrong than addressing my concern. I have been an Alienwares customer for 6 years and this is how you treat a loyal customer. Pathetic!!!!!!! The next gaming PC I buy will not be from Dell/Alienwares I can promise you this. The past 3 months dealing with tech support is just a headache. Tech support has no idea what they are talking about. I told one tech support agent I am dual booting with Linux, fedora flavor, and Windows 7 and he told me "That is impossible sir" Seriously? why do you not hire educated people for tech support. We buy an expensive piece of equipment you would think we would get great overall experience with our concerns. I am very disgusted with the level of service and I am now considering on selling my Alienwares labtop and purchasing a ASUS instead."

"It is absolutely horrible!!! The first one I got I could not even get it to get to the first menu, they did not finish putting in the software, 2 hours on the phone, finally got to the first page. Then the CD player, cd would go in only a quarter inch. Then the video card died the dpfirst month and the battery would not even charge. 2nd new computer, it has intermittent wifi, one s cond it works, then the next second it does not. No one knows how to fix it...been with support and a zillion forums and no relief. It sits in a corner, not my idea of a $3500 computers!! Don't go Dell, they used to be so good....."

modified review This review was modified by Strobelight on January 01 2015 03:26:16 PM

"Well 2 and a half thousarnd dollars for a computer that has issues. 16 hours on the phone with customer care and tech support and it still does not work right and they basicly told me what I could do to myself. Said the only thing I could do was talk to tech support and tech support already told me there was nothing else they could do. Do not buy this computer they have completely gone down hill now that they are owned by Dell. I shjould have known better. I've owned a dell before and had a simular experience. You can get much better value for your money from Asus or Acer. look into it you will save a lot of money and be happier in the long run."

modified review This review was modified by cliftonhinton on December 31 2014 05:41:26 PM

"So I got an $3,200 laptop as a gift to help me with my studies in Game Design. A field that is very taxing on systems, so I needed something with enough power to handle it. The laptop was excellent for two years, but something went wrong. All of a sudden I was faced a with black screened, and after I formatted, I could no longer get my duel graphic cards to install. After waiting two months to get it fixed because, I needed it to the bare minimum to get through the semester. We contacted dell to tell them what was wrong and would like to have them fix it and we will pay for it. They refused saying they MIGHT no longer have the parts to fix it. Acting as if the laptop was a ten yr old out of date machine. So we went to their website and the offered me to extend my warranty, which I did for $300.94. Called them back to tell them what was going on, and that I'm now under warranty, and the say they couldn't honor my warranty. So now I'm stuck with a $3,500 paper weight trying to figure out how am I going to get dell to fix the thing, or get my money back from the warranty and find someone other than the sorry Costa Rican costumer and technical support team. Worst costumer service EVER."

modified review This review was modified by Shiara on December 20 2014 03:03:53 PM

"Fuck this stupid company and their piece of shit laptops and computers. If i spend 2k on a laptop i expect that its motherboard will last longer then a year and a half. Absolute bullshit, save yourself the trouble and never buy anything from this god awful company.

modified review This review was modified by Michael13245 on December 14 2014 03:54:18 PM

"I had purchased a $4k monster rig back in Dec 2009 from Alienware/Dell & began having various boot issues starting Sept 2014. As it turns out the motherboard of all components was failing. I had purchased an extended warranty separately as well as I was planning to gift the PC to my 2 nephews & get a new PC (it was going to be from Alienware). The rep assured me the extended warranty would cover the PC until the Dec 2014. The PC finally went black in Nov 2014.

I called the Dell support line (11/26/2014) & informed them that a friend of mine who works as a tech in a large corporate office did all the time consuming troubleshooting that Dell wanted me to do. My tech friend confirmed that it was an issue with the motherboard. After a 5 min hold, the rep tells me that he will simply refund what I paid for the extended warranty & my $4k custom rig will NOT be covered.

Alienware used to be a great gaming rig company which is why I went with them initially on a costly purchase. The number of complaints on service & quality that I am now reading about Alienware is too much for a service that is supposed to provide high end custom PCs.

If you are planning to get a high-end PC, do NOT buy from Dell/Alienware as they do not seem to honor their warranties when it comes time for them to support you down the road.

As I am still fuming over this experience, I emailed all my family & friends to tell them of my experience. I also informed that if they are planning on purchasing a new PC, I will give them $100 NOT to buy from Dell. This is how much Dell has alienated me as a customer.

modified review This review was modified by Anonymous212 on November 26 2014 05:49:54 PM

"I order my system and it arrives 6 days early, awesome. It's a nice system and has dual 7870's. Within a week or so it starts to hard crash at least once a day. I contact tech support and establish a problem with the video cards. A tech comes over and replaces them. His parts are defective. We put the old parts back in and I limp along while an exchange is processed. I get the new system. The new system has a free upgrade to dual 670's because the 7870's are no longer available. New system is awesome. Everything is fine. I come home from work and try to wake up the system, it was in sleep mode, and I hear a loud pop. A capacitor in the power supply goes out. A tech is schedules to replace it. Tech shows up, first month on the job and first alienware he's worked on, replaces ps. He unhooks a lot of wires from the motherboard he didn't need to. PC turns on but command center and lights don't work. He has to come back to replace motherboard. He replaces it. Lights work and fans run at max speed. Not good. He tries to fix it and by the end of it the PC won't even boot to bios. All my data gone."

modified review This review was modified by CyrusLC on July 17 2013 03:54:08 PM

"I bought a high end Alienware ALX Gaming Desktop and had nearly monthly trouble with it, starting from the day that I took it out of the box. I am reasonably tech savvy, and found the experience of working with Alienware tech support to be difficult. I will not be purchasing from Alienware again, and have counselled my friends to do likewise."

"Okay, after reading other reviews, I've decided to go Clevo. See ya all with those ass-faced Alienwares!"

"I figure it best to write a good review since I will write one when I am not satisfied. I bought a alienware during the Black Friday weekend, it worked great up until my usb 2.0 went out. I called them and the gentleman did all he could do to help me fix it (that's one point). After we could not fix it over the phone, he set up a service call. The guy came out two days later but said he could not fix it because the screws would not come out (one point against them). I was disappointed but was not upset. He called them to let them know what happened and they sent a box the next day so I could send it back for repairs. Now here is the thing that impressed me, I sent it back that Thursday and they got it back of course the next day but surprisingly, they fixed it that day. I have heard horror stories how it took people weeks to get their computer back. I know I may be in the minority but I was very impressed with their service. I actually had the blue screen of death happen to me last year when I bought my Aspire 7741G and was impressed to get back within six days but man I never thought any company would fix anything that quick and send it back. Dell/Alienware gets two thumbs up from me"

"Have wanted an alienware my entire life. My one year old MBP just crashed and decided to finally buy one. I received the computer in three weeks and having purchased expedited shipping. After having unpackaged everything, I noticed my keyboard and sound weren't working properly, so I called dell support. They said, "not to point fingers, but sounds like you downloaded a virus." Enraged, I hung up and called a day later for another rep. He was polite and said he would have a tech out the very next day. Three days later one steps through my front door equipped only to fix my keyboard; I asked him about the speakers and he had no recollection about that particular problem in the order. He fixed the keyboard but my resentment for alienware is only increasing.

In summation, my computer has thus far performed quite well under strenuous conditions, other than the keyboard and speaker issues. However, the support team blows ass and I'm getting angrier as I type this; be very careful when purchasing an alienware product, even if you purchase a warranty.

"-The Sale- Sep. 24th
Purchased a new m17x r4 from a rude sales person who asked "do you want to buy a computer or not!" When asking the differences between some of the units. When it came time to purchase the unit the man was forceful about doing it with Dell Credit. I asked what the interest rate was and he responded "I will tell you when I get to it!" I have a corporate purchase program with them that grants me quick shipment of products purchased. Something they also lacked in doing... received my m17x long after.

-The arrival-

When the unit arrived I opened the box to put the laptop to charge. Hours later I came back to boot into windows too install all of my software only to find out that the keyboard was not functional. I plugged in an external keyboard and updated all firmware, software, and drivers. With no success I contacted Alienware (still day 1) and told them about what had happened. They told me that they would send a technician out to repair it. (didn't give me the option to send unit back for an even exchange.)

-The repair-
Days after the initial call, the service tech arrived at my home only to find out that Alienware/Dell had sent him the wrong part number. He called his dispatch center to inform them of what had happened notifying them that they had sent a Dell laptop keyboard and not an M17X R4 keyboard. The tech left saying that they would send the proper replacement. Nothing was resolved.

-The repair day 2-
Few days went by and received a new call from the service tech. He came to my home and when opening the box he noticed that once again they had sent him the wrong part. He informed them again only to find out that there was an error in how the warehouse tags its parts for the m17x. He thought that it might be an issue with the pins on the motherboard so he replaced the mother board and left. ( again... a "new" unit less than a week old getting repairs...)

-The tech support call(s)-
Frustrated with the wait time and unresolved issue I personally called the tech support line to inform them of what was happening. I was able to get them to agree to credit me 75$ for the trouble and for still having an unusable computer. The person confirms that the issue happening had to do with the warehouse and informed me that the time frame to resolve the issue was unknown. I was told to wait a few days and that a rep would call me back.

-the call-

A rep calls me back days later only to notify me that I only had the option to send the unit in and that it would take 2-3 weeks for it to be sent back in working condition. I told him that it was unacceptable because I use the computer for business purposing (graphic design/ Motion Graphics) and that I was working on a clients project and any delays would put me in a position where I would be at a loss. (7k contract) I notified him that I went out to a retail store to buy a wireless keyboard/ mouse kit to which he responded by saying that he was very sorry and that he would personally get the approval to ship an alienware USB keyboard to use in the mean time. The keyboard arrived.

- The final straw - Today Nov 1, 2012

I called Alienware to inform them about how I was very upset that nothing had been done yet and that even the service tech (that lives near by) has gotten annoyed at the lack of response on behalf of the company and their associates. From day one to today the time past has already nearly been a month with no action. I asked for a manager and was transferred to a person who I stressed the story to. The "manager" was silent and when I asked if he was still there he responded... "is that it...?" Which I responded "NO! I am tired of being looped around to different tech support agents and not answered to." He again stressed that there were two options having the unit shipped to them for 2-3 weeks or continuing to wait for the warehouse to figure out its error to then shop out a replacement keyboard. I asked if there was a claims department or a superior to him and he said I am the highest you will talk to because there is no other person.

After the call.... nothing has been resolved...

Something that companies like Apple would never have happen. I have owned Apple computers since 2001 and have always had my issues resolved in a day or less... Dell... A month has gone by and still no resolution.

Save your money. Don't buy dell or alienware.

PS: The person that recommended me to Alienware also order a computer that upon arrival he was made aware that the Screen was dead. And again... only option given was to have it serviced....

Something is truly wrong with their QA and Support Departments....

"Bought my Alienware m11x back in January. Had an issue with it freezing constantly. Called up to have them repair it, was told I need to run a crap ton of diagnostics. Updated drivers, made me format it ( retarded ) and then suggested I run it at a lower resolution.. Was like wtf, its a 720p screen.. Tech told me to set my colors lower which I then demanded to speak to an actual tech.

After looking into the issue online, found 1000's of users having the same issues, with overheating and freezing, after doing tests myself and having the device freeze EVEN in BIOS, I demanded to speak w/ a manager. A man got on the phone and said he was the supervisor, I then said I was waiting for the manager, and he said he was. I said I was confused because and asked why he said he was a supervisor then. He said Supervisors and managers are the same there is no difference. I explained they weren't and I'd like to talk to the manager. He said there is no manager and to tell me what I want in a very angry tone.

I informed him that I wanted to return it since I was under full warranty. I know the R2 was discontinued as well as the R3, but I asked if it was possible to pay for an upgrade. He said no. I explained that there was a huge release about defective parts and lawsuits on alienware and if there is anyone I can talk to concerning this. Because I don't wanna ship back for another defective part. He explained if its defective again send it back.

I asked what happens if all units they send are defective and keep having the same issue as the problem was with the small form factor having only 1 small fan. He said I should just hope that one works before my warranty expired. I told him that wasn't a professional answer and he responded "Thats not our job, if you prove its broken we'll replace it, nothing else, you get what u pay for." He then told me to just buy the R4 which I then asked why he would lie about that when Alienware officially released the m11x discontinuing. He yelled something in spanish and hung up. I called back and talked with someone else. Finally after 4 hours was able to get someone to send me a box which took 4 weeks to arrive, after I called in multiple times.

The quality of service at this company is horrible, and the design on their laptops has degraded. Up till about 2006 they used Clevo parts, and now use cheap parts that melt or overheat fast due to poor form factor in order to save money and make extra $$ off of customers who do not know any better. So if you're looking to buy from them then beware, if anything goes wrong they will do all in their power to make u feel its not their issue and that u did something wrong.

Also They replace new computers with refurbished parts from other failed units. I asked them about the screen specs on their m14x and why they use a 45% gamut screen ( washed out colors) vs a 95% like the competitors ( for actual gamers ) they said for cost effectiveness and to keep from cannibalizing parts from other machines..

This company is going down hill fast. if I could give 0 stars I would honestly.

Share Alienware's store rating

Alienware is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Alienware is not a merchant member
Alienware does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!