Stores > AliExpress

Customer service: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.26/10 2.26/10

2016-04-26

The Fraud Shop

"Aliexpress is oke, but you need to be carefull.
The following supplier sold me LCD”s worth of 900+ USD, all of them were either faulty or with very bad pixels and contrast. After ignoring my complaints, I have decided to give the supplier negative feedback. After that this supplier was begging to change the feedback into 5 stars for a miserable refund of 40 usd. I thought it was better than nothing so I did, after that, heard nothing from this fraudulent supplier, and no refund.

FRAUD.

This review was modified by Sayednl on April 26 2016 06:54:12 AM

2016-04-25

Not worth the trouble--won't buy again

"After a month, the seller digs in. The Aliexpress e-mails saying be patient and negotiate with the seller saying I have another month of their protection. Tracking supposedly shows the item shipped out immediately after the order on air-mail.

It is already too late. I needed the item two weeks ago. Never had such slow airmail delivery from anywhere in the world.

2016-04-24

Bad, intransparent processes, no such things as buyer protection or customer orientation

"I have ordered from Aliexpress two cellphones and two tempered glass films (Order 72835511071482) on 08.02.2016. Estimated delivery was 12-30 days, so I thought that I can live with it. 45 days later I asked again what is wrong with my order and they told me my package were at the customs waiting for me. In the tracking tool I could see that the package was in customs waiting for me to clear it. I called the customs and they told me that they don't have my parcel. If they had it, they would either clear it automatically and issue a clearance fee for me to pay or they would send me a notification. Nothing of these happened. I told that to Aliexpress and they told me to be patient. Aliexpress supposedly offers a 60 day purchase protection. This is why I started a dispute few days before this expired. A week later they told me, that I should contact customs because they have my package (according to their tracking tool). I told them that the buyer doesn't do that in Germany but still I contacted again the customs and got the same answer again. At the same time I contacted DHL and I started a tracing process for these packages. I informed Aliexpress. Another week went by and they only answered that I should pick up my package from the customs and that there are several reasons that it can be detained and that it is my DUTY to clear it. At the same time I received the answer by DHL that they could not find the package and that the only person to make order an OFFICIAL TRACING is the seller. I called customs (another department) and DHL once more. Customs gave me the same answer as before. A kind employee of DHL also told me that the package travelled from Sweden (never knew it would go through Sweden) to Germany and the last place where it seems to have been was the customs of Kiel. But the only counterpart that could really order an official search is the seller. I waited another week until I got an answer by Ali. They told me that I should submit a written proof that the customs don't have the parcel. I actually called the customs once more. They told me that they only issue notices for parcels that exist and that they have. And if they had received my parcel they would have either clear it ans issue a fee or send me such a detention notification. I wrote that to Aliexpress once more. Their answer after a long time again was, that they would release the money to the seller if I didn't pickup the parcel or send them written proof. So they did. I have appealed to it today.
Apart from the 400 euros I lost, I have spent an enormous amount of time to deal with all this bureaucracy they put me through. Think about it before you buy.
I will be updating the post with the new episodes that are about to come...

2016-04-24

Worst customer service ever - rules are made to protect the seller - not recommended

"Very shoddy business. I used AliExpress to buy a part from one of their sellers and after more than a month and a half, I still didn't receive anything (Order 73428522524659). All that Aliexpress is asking from me is to be patient but meantime it keeps pushing further the delivery date. As well, AliExpress won't give me a deadline after it will return the money I spent.
After 30 days passed from the purchase date you cannot submit any feedback which regards the sellers on AliExpress because, incidentally the estimated delivery time is bigger (in my case was 35 days) thus the sellers will have a 'clean record' without merit. I don't know anyone who will post a bad review before the due date. It seems that all 'good' feedback you're reading is fake.
Trying to contact customer service is moot since you cannot respond to any e-mail sent by this department. E-mails are automatically generated and is mentioned that you cannot reply.
After all this, I decided to cut my losses (it was my first and definitely my last purchase on this website) and move to really honest companies like Amazon or eBay where the meaning of SAFE purchase is treated seriously.
The bottom line is if you wish to have a good buying (read safe) experience, spend a little more and DO NOT BUY FROM ALIEXPRESS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, after almost two months since I placed the order, I've got the goods. My opinions about the customer service and the rules that generally govern still stand and I won't use AliExpress anymore

This review was modified by kostiko on April 27 2016 03:47:11 PM

2016-04-20

eForChina thief! Many others like this company on AliExpress

"If you deal with AliExpress you might run into an honest seller here or there.

Read the comments on this site: you will undoubtedly run into one of the many thieves who seem to have high ratings. Many of them try to bribe buyers with offers to return money but only if buyers give positive feed back.

Common scam: Seller takes your money, then does not ship.

Eventually seller claims that they found their advertised item was 'damaged' and cannot ship to you.
When you demand money back, they demand that you first fill out form to cancel order, claiming that you no longer want it. NEVER do this! You lose all the meager influence you might have with AliExpress because this tells the AliExpress computer that you agree that you no longer want the item (but acknowledge that the shipper actually shipped the item), giving the seller absolute right to keep your money (AliExpress will not recognize the fact that the seller never shipped anything and kept your money).

Next, AliExpress rules say that an order is automatically cancelled if seller does not 'report' item shipped within a specific number of days.

The thieves (sellers) will generate a fake China Post tracking number at the last minute, so they can claim something was shipped, thereby avoiding the minimal AliExpress 'punishment' the seller is supposed to get if they fail to ship by a specified date, after they've taken your money.

And you cannot open any dispute with the seller until after another waiting period is over, even if seller admits they 'made a mistake' and generated a false tracking number.

All this time they are sending you messages trying to coerce you into finding other defective items to buy using your money which they are holding hostage. And, they constantly ask you to click that magic button saying that you want to cancel the order because "You no longer want the item." NOT because they did not ship it. Don't fall into that trap!

Finally, after opening up a dispute, they purportedly 'accept' the dispute, tell you you'll be getting your money back, then instruct you to -- once again -- tell the system YOU are cancelling the order because (and can you guess????) YOU no longer want the item!!!! Resist the temptation, accept you are dealing with a thief, and get your bank to reverse the charge, keeping a documentation of all the messages back and forth.

eForChina, Ltd is notorious for this behavior. They even had the nerve to instruct ME to send money to their private PayPal account, after they still had not returned the money. They also told me to give them good feedback!!

eForChina seems to appear with a variety of variations of this name on AliExpress. The 'damaged' (supposedly unavailable) item seems to re-appear on their various AliExpress sites at the same bait and switch prices with the same description. Be safe and avoid any variation of eForChina, HongKong eForChina, etc, at all costs.

This review was modified by CheatedAgain_eForChinaLtd on April 20 2016 03:50:46 PM

2016-04-18

AliExpress Shopping and Cash Back

"The following shopping assistant (chrome extension), will allow you to see 90-days price trends while browsing product. You will immediately know if this is really a good deal. (AliExpress and eBay is supported now): https://goo.gl/s6Ulx2"

This review was modified by hustKiwi on April 18 2016 01:10:19 AM

2016-04-15

Buyer Beware: Counterfeit Goods, most ads downloaded from EBAY and other websites

"Please do not do any business with Chinese Company Alibaba or AliExpress. I have found all of our Company listings of high end musical instruments on AliExpress by several sellers. Upon further investigation, I found thousands of ads from seller's of horns and wood winds illegally taken from other websites and listed on AliExpress. Many of the musical instruments are one of a kind, historic, vintage, or very high end sold only in the USA Canada and EU. These ads (thousands) are somehow auto downloaded by Ali Express sellers, though and onto the Ali Express website. Ali Express states they do not allow counterfeit or theft of intellectual property however, they recognize that most of the goods sold on Ali Express are counterfeit. Ali Express is beyond difficult to deal with. They do nothing to shut down a bad seller. If a person were to purchase one of the musical instruments listed, they will either receive a bad fake, a box or rocks, or nothing at all. Many consumers shop price, and google search a specific instrument by brand name. Ali Express pops up as the lowest cost. Many do not realize that the majority of what is sold is counterfeit. This Chinese site existst to help China exploit honest Americans, Canadians, Europeans and other Countries citizens. It does not care if sellers are copying intellectual property (ads), shipping fakes, not shipping at all. If you continue to buy from Ali Express, you are harming your own country, neighbors, friends and family. You may get a good deal on a counterfeit T-Shirt Purse Wallet at the expense of those that you care for. Every time you support counterfeit goods you damage your own economy and society. They are high priced counterfeits if you even get the item you order. Please STOP doing business with Ali Express. Let's put this site out of business."

This review was modified by Beth85207 on April 15 2016 06:38:47 PM

2016-04-14

Bait&switch fraud, wasted time, buyer beware, fraudulent sellers on the venue

"AliExpress is good resource but they refuse to step up against fraud. I purchased 40-60lm LEDs and after purchase the seller informed me they do not currently have 40lm in stock, but they have similar 60lm for double the price. Seller continues to offer the item even though they do not have it in stock. This is blatant BAIT&SWITCH fraud and criminal in most of civilized world.

AliExpress was informed of the fraud, their response was (partial quote): after checking, we had got the information that this problem is caused because we checked the ... the seller only said they do not have the goods which is 40ml,but they have the goods which is 60ml,so it does not have problem,hope for your understanding.

When researching goods on AliExpress and spending time researching, select multiple sellers in case your primary choice turns out as fraud your research time is not wasted and you do not need to repeat research again.

Treat AliExpress with extreme caution and do not purchase anything at the price you cannot afford to loose in case of fraud. Several times I received empty envelope but it was always a cheap $3-$4 item that was not worth wasting time arguing about fraud with AliExpress staff.

In my opinion Chinese mentality is simply different from ours, they have no concept of common frauds like counterfeit and bait&switch. They think westerners buy anything, so goods they are not able to sell on local markets due to poor quality and Chinese consumer protection laws, they sell online to westerners as its not worth returning and we cannot press charges against fradulent merchants.

2016-04-12

Wish I would have searched ratings before I ordered!

"Absolute worst customer service. They lie & steal your money. You can provide all the proof in the world that you should get your money back (which I cant believe you even have to do in the 1st place!!) and you STILL wont get your money back. Dont waste your time, I know things are cheap but there is a reason for that."

This review was modified by ParkMeadow on April 12 2016 09:09:31 AM

VikusSteyn's Avatar

South Africa

Gadgets from China with Buyer Protection

"Aliexpress is my go to site whenever I'm looking to buy a gadget online. They represent the manufacturers in China and elsewhere and have an excellent buyer protection plan in place. I've used Aliexpress at least once a week for the past 8 months and have never had a problem. I think its important to understand that Aliexpress are not the seller of the products on offer - they're just a middleman - so if a product is not satisfactory you need to contact the supplier. What Aliexpress offers is a safe way to transact with each supplier and your payment is protected until you receive the goods and sign off that they're ok. "

2016-04-12

They are truly thieves! I wish I knew.

"I bought a $450 mobile phone. Phone arrive more or less on time but after a week stop working. I contacted the seller and he agreed to repair it. I sent the mobile to them in November. Now we are in April and I have no money and no phone. They just reply with stupid excuses. I contact Aliespress and they are the same. They just told me bullshit, and what I wanted to hear. But nothing happened ever.
I feel absolutely hopeless.
THIEVES with no responsibility toward the consumer.

2016-04-08

"Do not order from this site. It is a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Virginia, USA
2016-04-06

Awful place to deal with

"Placed order for stuff in February received merchandise in April. Ordered XL t shirt that was a small at best. Ordered XXL leggings, 2 pair, that were M to L at best stuff would not fit people I bought it for. Had no idea they were China firm would be too costly in postage to return merchandise. "

This review was modified by Aaustin6253 on April 07 2016 01:17:32 AM

2016-04-05

FORGET ABOUT A RETURN

"I received a jacket that was very small and immediately sent it back to China. It was sent back in December. It is now April and still no credit. I have sent numerous emails and they continue to claim they never received.
I WILL NEVER PURCHASE FROM THEM AGAIN!

This review was modified by michaelwhitedesigns on April 05 2016 01:29:03 PM

2016-04-02

Don't buy anything from Aliexpress.com

"I purchased two expensive coral necklaces that the seller on Aliexpress assured me in writing before I purchased then were genuine and not dyed. Upon delivery, I tested the coral and found the color came off. I opened a dispute and wrote asking for a refund. I supplied before and after photo's showing the color rubbing off on a white cloth but neither the seller nor Aliexpress dispute department would agree that the corals were dyed and not genuine.
Please do not buy anything from this site, they are unethical and do not stand behind a buyer's legitimate disputes.
Very unhappy with the whole experience.

This review was modified by Snu888 on April 02 2016 05:11:38 PM

Share AliExpress's store rating

AliExpress is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

AliExpress is not a merchant member
AliExpress does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!