Product & services pricing Rating 5.50/10 5.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.17/10 2.17/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.21/10 2.21/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.20/10 1.20/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.19/10 1.19/10

"This site I think is a scam. I ordered something and they said it must be lost and now you have to jump through hoops to file a dispute. Ridiculous. Agree with other shoppers. Avoid shopping here."

modified review This review was modified by Karneson on October 21 2014 06:37:25 AM

"DO NOT SHOP ON ALIEXPRESS.COM. Save yourself the headache. Nothing you buy here is worth the hassle. I was denied to file a complaint against the Seller through this company. They have a bunch of frauds selling items on this site. I bought hair extensions and paid for express shipping and the buyer is a company called Sunnymaywigs. I filled a dispute on Aliexpress be-cause my package had not arrived for 2 weeks. I wanted my money returned for express shipping because the item had not arrived yet. The seller made up a fake receipt stating that i paid 20$ for the extensions which is Un-true. Customs obviously did not believe this and asked for a receipt and held the item. The seller Jeremy, asked me to send him 20$ through pay pal and then he would refund it back, so he can make a fake receipt and send that to customs. The Seller was act-ing like he was doing me a favor the whole time by creating this fake receipt. He harassed me by calling me and emailing me and insisting I take care of the payment through pay pal immediately or I will not receive my goods. He kept emailing me asking me to close the dispute because it makes his company look bad. I refuse to send a fake receipt, I sent my visa receipt to UPS show-ing them exactly what I paid. They charged me a customs fee and Jeremy said he will take care of my shipping and customs cost. He did return my shipping fees after I refused to close the dis-pute unless he took care of my charges. I removed the dispute and he has not messaged me nor has he refunded my customs fees. I got my hair extensions over a month later and they were not the same colour as the picture. The quality of the hair is not 100% pure Indian hair as advertised. You can actually see some faux hair mixed in with some real hair. PLEASE DO NOT SUPPORT THIS WEBSITE AND THE COMPANY SUNNYMAYWIGS. IT NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN. This is the worse online shopping experience of my life."

modified review This review was modified by prani123 on October 19 2014 10:50:55 AM

"I ordered the cell phone and later i found out that the phone was not the original but a copy. I cancelled the order but the seller rejected it. Yes, they did! I paid express mail spending $36.00 extra. The seller told me that DHL will not accept Lithium battery and will ship by Sweden Post. Delivery supposed to take 3-5 days but i am in second weeks now. I have not receive the phone, yet. Aliexpress is joke!! The vendors are rude and they are there to scam your money. STAY AWAY from this place. "

"I've read a lot of negative reviews of this site, and that being said, I went in with the mindset that something may or may mot arrive. To my surprise, both items arrived! I purchased two dresses that totaled $25, and I was willing to write this amount off if I didn't receive them- not too much of a loss, no gain either. Also, I ordered through Paypal so if anything went wrong, i knew that they would have my back. I placed an order for two dresses from the same seller on 22 August, 2014, and they were shipped out two days later, in two separate packages - why they were shipped separately, I will never know. I received one dress on September 19th, and the second dress September 29th.

**A word to the wise, these clothes are in Asian sizes, it's explicitly stated on the website. If you are a curvy girl like myself (I have measurements that are larger than the typical petite Chinese girl. I'm 5'3" and I'm 37 bust-29 waist-38 hips) then you must pay SPECIAL attention to the provided size charts, and the materials of the items that you are ordering. Heck, if you must, go up 2 sizes, and take it in, if you know how to sew. You will save yourself a lot of time, and headaches.

I say this because one dress fit perfectly, and one dress did not. The dress that did fit, was made from a worsted cotton/polyester blend material, which has a bit of stretch, and this is always in your favor. Despite the stretch, it fit perfectly, and I look AMAZEBALLS in it (It's also boyfriend approved. He loves the way it hugs my curves, the print, my bum in it, etc.) The dress that did not fit was made from a chiffon cotton/polyester blend. I LOVE chiffon. I love the way it feels, the way it looks, the way it breathes, etc. I KNOW that anything that I own that is chiffon, I've had to try on in the store. It is not forgiving, and it does not give. That being said, I studied the size chart extensively, because the dress in question was extremely cute. The size chart detailed the length, bust, shoulder, sleeve, and even the waist measurements, but not the HIPS. I knew that I should've been worried, I don't know WHAT I was on that day, but I went ahead and placed the order anyway, hoping that the largest size (an XL with a waist measurement of 32-33 inches) would suffice. BOY, did I learn my lesson! The dress looked exactly as described, but it would NOT go past my hips! I feel like I could fashion it into a shirt or something, but that's neither here nor there. The hip clearance was that of 33-35 inches max, I didn't even try any harder for fear that I would rip the poor dress.

Don't go into this site with a negative attitude, or fearing that you won't get your items. If you read the seller descriptions, they clearly state that you could very well be waiting 3 weeks minimum to 60 days maximum. Remember, these items are being HAND MADE in most cases, tested for consistency, processed (i.e. packaged, and dropped off at the post office), sent to Chinese customs (which is TERRIBLY SLOW! My items were sitting there for 16 days), sent over seas to your country to sit in their customs, sent to the USPS, and then delivered to you. I live in America, Texas to be specific, and I was shocked that my items made it to me in a little over 30 days. I was happy with the dress that I could fit, and mad at myself for even purchasing the dress that did not fit.

**OVERVIEW**
-Check the material, certain ones are more forgiving
-Check to see if stock photos are being used. Both dresses that I purchased showed the actual dress on a mannequin, the dress on a flat surface, the dress on a model, and a similar dress on a celebrity.
-Be patient! You may very well be waiting 45 days for your item, so don't buy something for a wedding if it's in 2 weeks and get disappointed if it doesn't get here in time!
-Understand that "Processing at customs" is OUT of the seller's control! Customs will always drag their feet, it's the F*%$ing government for pete's sake
-Take into account the price of your item, and your method of payment (you can't go wrong with PayPal)
-Take into account the quality. If there are up closer pictures, look them up and down to decide if it's even worth the time and money
-Read the reviews, they're there for a reason, and they're not bots. You have to buy something to write a review
-Have faith in the seller, most of these people aren't con-artists. They're small business owners that are taking advantage of the opportunity to participate in international trade.

***The dress that was too small, I decided to give to a friend for $5. She's a lot smaller than I am. It's really, really cute, and call me selfish, but I didn't want to donate it. My friend loves it, and she got it for a great price, plus I made a semblance of a return on my investment. Ha!

****The seller that I bought from was "Cindy Chen". Perhaps it's just her that does good business, perhaps not. Her store is worth a look: Store No.1092337

-Happy Shopping!

modified review This review was modified by michaelastarling on October 14 2014 11:25:15 AM

"ALIEXPRESS IS...
*a scam, stolen pictures, cheap prices that would lore people, 60 day order recive. and 14-27 day shipment...
*FULL REFUNDS, the website says, well when you contact the Chinese shit, they don't answer.

I ordered headbands and they had a drawn on logo, drawn on dots, and more. how stupid? I know.
do not buy im warning u that this a alibabe is a complete Chinese scam

modified review This review was modified by derekpasta on October 13 2014 05:47:31 AM

"I will never use the company Ali express or the Company XAIA XAI again I bought a phone does not have the play store on it. It is useless anyone using these companies need to know if the goods are faulty they won’t refund or pay postage, don’t ever buy from these companies. I am also coming off Aliexpress because they are not as good as eBay customer service terrible as I have lost £60 pounds on a useless piece of equipment. I am warning all my family and friends my colleagues at work, clients and basically anyone I know or come in contact with. Basically buyers beware. If you want to give money away give it to a charity not these companies.

please please don't buy from this store ever

modified review This review was modified by David1925 on October 12 2014 12:07:13 PM

"Lying merchants and a completely useless dispute process. Do not use this site. 10 days into dispute over incorrect item shipped by a vendor with no response whatsoever from the "Dispute Resolution Team". I will never shop here again."

modified review This review was modified by bradim on October 10 2014 08:06:13 AM

"All the 5 star rated reviews on AliExpress at this website must have been written by AliExpress employees, I am sure.
Most of the products are unusably of poor quality and pathetic response from customer care. I strongly advise you not to take any chance with those Chinese shams. I bought a shaving brush and had a bitter experience in every aspects (counterfeit product, inappropriate and uncivilized behavior from the seller, poor response from customer care and eventually no refund) and decided not to buy from Aliexpress.com any more. Don't get tempted looking at the prices at aliexpress.com. Always buy from reliable source; It's worth spending little extra money and be assured of the the product quality and customer support.

"Don't ever ever buy from this website. They are totally fraud and looters.
i tried purching some home decore from this site, they asked me to pay the entire amt. in advance (Has no payment on delivery option) and the product never arrived. They do not have a phoneline to get connected to, to raise an issue. Have some totally unuser friendly website and the links there would never open. I tried to raise a complient on the website for dispute but the none of the links ever worked. My order # is 63593213290804.
Very very cheap to loot people's money this way. VERY CHEAP & FRAUD.

modified review This review was modified by MariaFernandes on October 09 2014 01:19:37 AM

"Don't ever buy from this site! They are thieves and they are rude! I bought an item for the very first time from this site, a very expensive item at that, and was completely duped. I received an item that was supposed to be gift for a family member and what I was received was NOTHING like the photo or what we discussed. I asked for a refund, because the seller's site explicitly states that I could get a refund if I was not satisfied. The seller refused and told me if I did not like the item I could fix it myself, what in the world?!?! That is the SELLERS job, not mine. I went to go file a complaint but did not see my order number,which I thought was odd, and why I could not file a complaint. After speaking with a representative this was because the seller sent me,unknowingly, an invoice ONLY through Paypal instead of creating an order then have me pay through PayPal which come to find out the seller was involved in offline trading. As a first time buyer I thought she had created an order for me after discussing the item that I wanted over chat, but the seller was being sneaky.The seller did this so that if there is any issue with an item the buyer will not be able to complain and ask for a refund despite their return policy. Also the seller did this so that they could only profit, not Alixpress. The sellers are con artist! The Aliexpress team is horrible! Aliexpress told me they could not help, ridiculous! They also told me in regards to reporting the seller for offline trading there wasn't enough evidence, again ridiculous! Despite it being very evident that the seller is sneaky, refuses to honor her refund, and participated in offline trading they could only say sorry and not help. It is clear the Alixespress team is only interested in protecting the sellers, not the customers. **DO NOT BUY from sunnynaturalhair /Linda Crown Virgin Hair who's site is New Stars Human Hair Store at http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1229819 .

Worst experience ever! Now I cannot provide a gift for my family and I am out hundreds of dollars.

modified review This review was modified by Dilemma on October 08 2014 02:55:44 PM

"I love aliexpress. I've ordered over 30 items from them and I've never had a single problem. The last order i made, i bought a hairpin and after payment, the seller said she couldn't ship it to me free unless i bought over $30 worth of items from her. I changed my mind and cancelled and my money was refunded only a few days later, which i used to buy another item from my wishlist! Also, a few weeks ago, i decided to buy a winter jacket. For some reason, i decided to buy from milanoo.com because of all the positive ratings they got here and cos i also heard that shipping is very fast. At the same time, i decided to order a parka from aliexpress. I ended up buying 2 coats from milanoo which cost me over $100. It's been 3 weeks since i made the order and while my parka has arrived, my coats from milanoo haven't even been shipped yet! I'm seriously confused as to how aliexpress can have so many complaints. I've found them to be VERY communicative and they always keep me updated on the progress of the items and they do not release the funds to the sellers until you indicate that you are satisfied with your items. The sellers also leave these cute little messages on the website about how happy they are for your patronage. I've had an overall great experience with them. For the people with complaints, what i do is that I make sure i only buy items that have a lot of reviews or been purchased by a lot of people. Another thing is to use all those categories that help narrow down the number of products from different sellers that you're shown. Those buttons are there for a reason. Personally, i always use the "Top Rated Sellers" category. That way, the unreliable sellers are weeded out. Also, when you click on an item, take a good look at the pictures below the product description. Don't just look at the main picture that is displayed. Those pictures below are usually close-up and have helped me many a time from buying a dress that looks like cotton but is actually Lycra. And read the product description as well so you know what kind of fabric is used. The sizes are a hit and miss but i always check the actual measurements and compare to mine, not just the dress size. Shoes sizes are reliable though. I've never had to return anything so can't say much on that. Hope this helped."

"Do not buy from Aliexpress or Alibaba. They are completely dishonest and a rip-off. You are not dealing with any reputable company you are dealing with agents of Aliexpress or Alibaba that are a husband and wife team that advertise items of interest to the consumer once you pay for the item you will be very lucky to receive what you paid for. These agents shop around (China) for the item once you have paid for it they ship anything they want (close as possible) but not what you paid for or ordered.
Good luck if you use there sellers, also in resolving the dispute with the seller they are very dishonest and they lie and string you on for months on end until you just give up. Their so-called dispute process is bogus.
ETD, Australia

"Beware of Aliexpress

Do not buy from Aliexpress or Alibaba. They are complete dishonest rip-off. I ordered my wedding dress and Long veil and it took awhile for me to get it. And when I received it , It was a complete huge mistakes. The ordered it's not the same as it appears on the picture on the site. The quality was so cheap and very poor. Then you cannot get a refund or resolve the situation. It's all a scam, the site and their sellers. Do yourself a favor do not buy anything from this site. You will regret it. Stay away from this site and do not believe a word they say.

modified review This review was modified by Kcbeth on October 05 2014 04:46:26 PM

"I have made dozens of orders and had problems with maybe 2 sellers. In one case I returned the defective product and never got a refund or replacement. The other one refunded my money. Apart from these, I have been very satisfied with aliexpress. I buy from them every week"

"OK This China company needs to go away. I placed an order with my credit card. They closed the order because they say they could not charge the card. My credit card was in fact successfully charged. I contacted AliExpress with the approval # and now they want a copy of my credit card and statement! They have closed the order and now have my money. They are thieves! As bad as bad gets."

AliExpress is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

AliExpress is not a merchant member
AliExpress does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!