• Address: 2450 W 300 S, B-2, Columbus, IN 47201
    • Fax: 1-812-342-4367

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10

"Quick shipment. Good prices. Would do again. "

"Correct item was promptly received. Prices are competitive with other sites selling similar items."

"Shipped very quickly; well packaged; got here in timely manner"

"Great experience, fast service and prompt delivery. Will use them again."

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-11-2014

Alarm System Store, AlarmSystemStore rep has responded

“Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business!”

"Good prices. Knowledge base was very helpful. Shipping was free and fast - it arrived less than 24 hours after I placed the order. "

"I have purchased several items from the AlarmSystemsStore and have been very pleased. The prices are fair, the shipping is fast, and the tech support is outstanding. Recently, I had to return that failed under warranty, and I had no problems. Great to do business with."

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-08-2014

Alarm System Store, AlarmSystemStore rep has responded

“Thank you for your review and many thanks for your continued business!”

"The alarm devices came with no instructions. I had no idea that arranging for monitoring was a separate process. Website was supposed to automatically link to a pdf form that requires completion before the alarm monitoring can be arranged.
I called last week and the form was sent as an email attachment, so I completed it and sent it as an email attachment. Haven't heard anything yet. The website does not give details on what to expect with the alarm hardware purchase or with arranging monitoring.

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-08-2014

Alarm System Store, AlarmSystemStore rep has responded

“I am sorry for the confusion. When you purchase monitoring you get the link to our monitoring setup form on the actual checkout page of the website. In addition to a copy of your order this last page contains the link and the procedure for activating your monitoring account.

I have forwarded your information to our monitoring department and someone will contact you with the information / instructions to finalize your alarm monitoring shortly.

As for the lack of instructions, all devices come with manuals except hardwired door and window contacts. Perhaps this is what you are referring to? The manufacturers do not provide any with those, however we are happy to assist if you have any questions about their installation.”

"International order was shipped complete and arrived quickly. Thanks"

"Incredible customer service and technical assistance for a prospective customer. With their advice, I have avoided some major pitfalls and was able to purchase exactly what I needed. Subsequently bought at a great price with very quick shipping. Their how to videos are superb as well. AlarmSystem Store has exceeded expectations in every respect. "

"I purchased an Ademco alarm system from AlarmSystemStore.com with a keypad and two smoke detectors. The package arrived in just a few days, but was missing the two smoke detectors. I called and talked to someone in sales, who took care of the matter promptly. They shipped the smoke detectors and I had them at my door the next day. That is what I call excellent customer service! Thank you."

"I have purchased many items from several online stores in regard to Alarm Security Systems in the last few years and I found that the AlarmSystemStore was much easier to navigate and place orders from and that their prices were as good or better than most other online stores. What surprised me the most was the vast wealth of knowledge that they make available to all who visits their website in regards to the products they sell and that they will stand behind 100% of what they sell. The only thing that disappointed me was the fact that they do not offer online tracking on items once they are shipped. If you have no issues with that, then this is the place to go!"

"Nice store with decent prices and great customer service. I will be sure to patronize them again in the future."

"Super fast shipping. It shipped just hours after ordering."

"The part I ordered arrived within 3 days! I am very satisfied with the product and the speed that it was delivered."

"Cellular Communicators

Be very CAREFUL on what you purchase. Although, you do not have any control of being careful on certain products. You must know that before you purchase any cellular communicator products from AlarmSystemStore or any other items. You must read their website product description on no refunds, and read their return policy. Some of their cellular products give you no recourse but to gamble on the purchase of the product. Once purchased, you will lose your activation fee, product fee, and the function that you intended to purchase. Good case - the IP Bat by IPDatatel. Their description says you will lose only your activation fee, but their return policy adds a few more caveats. IPDatatel, the IPBAT manufacturer, said that they routinely deactivate the system for dealers at no charge to them or the dealer. So why their rough treatment to customers. Sites like the HomeSecurityStore just give you a 30 day return. The trick here is once they activate (whatever that means), you no longer can return the product, even though you have to turn it on in order to see if the product works. If the product or IPDatatel's web access, mobile access, etc., does not work with your alarm system, then you are SOOL for approx. $320.

I recommend that AlarmSystemStore update their return policy so that they not only help their business, but to help their customers. Until then, I cannot take chances on purchasing products from the website that I enjoyed over the years. The money lost to them WAS money to be given to them for future purchase.

Follow-up to AarmSystemStore's below reply:

The product description shown for the IPBat shows only the following in bold red:

//This device has an additional yearly data usage/server maintanence fee of $119.40//

The very last bottom of the product description shows the following (small print):

//NOTE: The service fee of $119.40 also shown
as setup fee, is non refundable once the IP BAT is activated.//

The Return Policy states the following:

//Protech Systems offers a 45 day return policy for most all products on our website with the exception of consumable products such as wire, batteries, food items, and pepper sprays. Additionally special order items and Pre programmed systems are not returnable for refund. Alarm monitoring service is refundable providing that the service has not been activated. GSM and other alarm communication equipment is returnable for a refund under this policy providing it has NOT been activated also. Activated GSM and other communication products are NOT returnable for refund. Any items prohibited for refund are generally returnable for exchange if defective and under warranty.//

Ok so in pregression, customers are told their is an activation fee, then at the bottom they are told they are not getting the activation fee back, then if they read the return policy (most don't), it says by the way, if you activated the unit you are not getting a refund for the product either.

The customer has to hunt before they make a purchase. It would be very easy to say, "by purchasing this product, you will pay an activation fee, and in addition you will not be able to receive a refund for the activation fee or a refund for the product itself - done." and with that most would probably not make the purchase, and that is why all was buried.

You said, "There are a several reasons why we cannot accept them back after activated, but a few examples are that there are activation and service fees charged from our service providers at time of activation. More important than that though, some IP devices in particular cannot easily, if at all be reactivated under a different account once the mac address of the devices has already been activated. "

Other companies allow you to return the item, maybe you should ask them how are they making it possible.

You said, "Depending on the communicator brand another notable reason is because special negotiated service provider pricing based on minimum term lengths of one year. This is a key reason that we are able to offer very low prices for a variety of these services. "

From a customer's perspective - what are you saying???

You said, "We are in fact very diligent in trying our best to make customers aware of this policy. We have it in our return policy, it is in large bold red print on the communicators category itself, and it is listed on each the individual product page. We are of course open to suggestions to other reasonable methods to convey this policy if you have any.”"

This is not all correct - it would help to clear this up. Also, you have to go to "Customer Service", then "My Account", before you see a category for returning an item. Why that's under a "My Account" category is beyond me, especially since I don't have an account why would I click the link.

BTW I spoke with Datatel earlier before this reseller comment, and they said all they do is charge the dealer for using the service on activated accounts, and will deactivate the account immediately (no charge) when requested as long as you follow the instructions they asked me to send to you.

modified review Rep reply posted May-05-2014

Alarm System Store, AlarmSystemStore rep has responded

“I am very sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with us. Just to clarify, all cellular communicators / IP communicators are in fact returnable for a 100% refund up to 45 days from purchase as long as service has not been activated on them. Once activated they cannot be returned for a refund, however are warranted for one year and returnable at any point in that year for exchange if defective.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Followup to customer followup:

1. Customers do not have to hunt to find any of the information you refer to, nor do you have to login to your account to see it. We have it plastered everywhere we possibly can.

It is located here in bold red on the GSM and IP product category page:

and it is located here on the individual product page just above the video review:

and it is located here in our return policy which is at the bottom of every single page on the website:

2. The fact that a front end customer service rep at IPD told you how it their activation and deactivation process "normally works" means nothing as to our particular situation or negotiated special agreement with them. We have special contractual agreements based on volume and terms with nearly every vendor we deal with.

Again, I am sorry that you are dissatisfied. We often bend policies in efforts to appease customers, however this is one we cannot for the reasons noted herein. That's why we really try to make it crystal clear that once a communicator is activated it cannot be returned.”

AlarmSystemStore is a Merchant Member! Learn more

AlarmSystemStore is a merchant member
AlarmSystemStore participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,849 merchant members.