Stores > Agoda
  • Agoda

Voice your opinion! Review Agoda by clicking a star below.
2017-07-27

Beware of Agoda.com - thieves!

"Of course they give the best rates for hotels booking, but then you get your credit card bill and see they charged you extra - much more than the booking first offer which you agreed for.
There is only one word for this: thieves!
Beware of Agoda.com.

2017-07-04

Phone app - Charged by accidentally clicking on book room- when I set my phone down.

"I was using the phone app and looking through places to stay and went to set my phone down and accidentally pressed book now... and it booked the room on the no refund one. As soon as I saw what happened I immediately started calling Agoda and the hotel to cancel - the funds were removed from my account and overdraft my account. I will now be filing charges against agoda for these charges and the fact that the app is so easily used to deduct money...I have removed my credit card info from the app and will be deleting the app as soon as all of this is over. I called them today only to be told that they have received my note about the mistake I made in cancelling the reservation.... this is a total lie - they knew I was upset and this was no mistake... so of course the money is now out of my account... they could have stopped this before the funds were removed and overdrew my account... I will be suing agoda for these problems and my time...

my recommendation because of the phone tag and the lies - Stay away - do not store any credit card information on the app - if you use it.

2017-04-28

No hotel confirmation

"We always use Agoda in all my hotel bookings but today incident when I book the hotel this week and in the time of check in the hotel said we do not have booking but the agoda already deducted the payment of my credit card. Imagine if u r on vacation and all is planned and paid all of the sudden they will say no confirmed booking under your name. ITS A DISASTER! Instead of going for holiday u will keep on calling the customer service and give you stressed. Please make something to your system to be accurate. Thanks"

2017-02-03

WORST Customer Service

"I was regular user of Agoda, booked many hotels from the site, they offer you best price no doubt.

But the customer service is extremely poor, I was in need of receipt for one of my booking, Hotel denied as they get some special prices from Agoda. So I tried calling Agoda multiple times that to ISD call but no response, even on mail they didn't helped me out.

So that was my last booking with Agoda and I will not recommend this site to business users at all.

2017-01-11

Awful experience, worse customer service

"Booked a room in Orlando for new year’s weekend. Never received a confirmation email, but got the confirmation screen that the room was booked, and website showed the room was booked. Figured I just missed the email or it went to a spam folder. Didn't think it mattered as I had already printed the confirmation number when I booked the room.

Showed up at the hotel, and they don't have a record of us booking the room. Called Agoda, and the customer service agent said I should have known the room wasn't booked because I didn't receive an email. Nothing he could do to help me, couldn't rebook the room for me, basically told me it was my fault that I didn't know we didn't have a room.

Ended up booking the room through a different travel site, which was really lucky for us since that is a busy weekend in Orlando and there were only a couple rooms left. Could very easily have gotten screwed and not had a place to stay.

The real jewel in this crown of shyte was minutes after I got off the phone with the Agoda customer service agent, Agoda sent me an email thanking me for "contacting Agoda Customer Support to cancel your booking".

One plus side was the hotel upgraded our room for the trouble we had without us requesting anything of them, just telling them what happened. (Found out Ramada does have excellent customer service)

Short version, I would not trust Agoda, and have been telling everyone I know not to use them.

2016-03-03

Great hotel booking website!

"I love Agoda.com for their excellent choice of hotels in South East Asia specifically. I would also like to point out that customer service is really professional and they promptly help to resolve any issue whenever those came up."

2015-12-11

"So far my experience with Agoda has been stellar, and I have been relying on it for the past 3 to 4 years for nearly all of my hotel reservation needs.

The most recent transaction maintains the level of satisfaction that I have been enjoying from their services. Due to last minute changes in plans, I had to book a hotel for 3 days, 1 day before the trip. The service provided by Agoda did not let me down.

Highly recommended for frequent travellers.

2015-10-16

"Worst experience booking a hotel room ever. When I arrived, they literally had no record of me at all. Couldn't find my name, confirmation number or anything else. I called Agoda to see what was going on an was met by a terribly rude woman who put me on hold for 32 minutes while she called the hotel.

The hotel received an e-mail from them with my reservation information - but no confirmation that it had been paid. Agoda had already charged my credit card and I already paid the bill, so back on the phone. Another rude woman and another 26 minutes on hold later, I got my reservation.

When I asked the woman who was going to reimburse me for the hour of wasted time - she laughed, called me a liar and hung up on me.

Never again.

2015-05-11

"I sort of got scammed by a hotel in Thailand because instead of getting a garden view and a nice room, i got a dungeon room with two pot plants outside. Agoda helped me out and refunded the money."

2014-11-25

"I had to cancel the booking and they agreed to do a full refund .. and it has been over 3 months and the refund hasnt been done yet. When I inquired them about it they kept saying they did the refund and did absolutely nothing to follow up and always send a copy and paste reply when I ask them to investigate or do the refund again. I have also checked my account and confirmed with my bank and there was no refund. They are nothing but a scam. You would never have to go through this horrible company for your nice holiday. CHOOSE OTHER COMPANY TO FIND A HOTEL!"

2014-11-14

"I Booked with Agoda, but I thought I was booking through Best Western. I never got a confirmation, even though "Agoda" states I did. (Yea, web sites always work; RIGHT!) Later I decided I wanted to cancel, because my wife wanted to stay at an embassy suites, like we usually do, even though they cost more. So, I called Best Western to cancel, and they did not even have a reservation. So, I didn't give it another thought, because I never thought it went through to begin with. NOW, they wont budge, and are billing me for the stay! I will not let this rest!"

2014-08-04

"Price match policy is so narrow it's shockingly useless.
Found a room at another website that was 120 dollars per night cheaper.

Price match was denied due to 'no instant confirmation' at the lower price site.

Surely instant confirmation shouldn't be a factor in a booking 3 months out.

Thanks but no thanks, overpriced Agoda, I'll stick with one of the other sites next time.

2012-10-29

"Very fast, Very quick, very informative"

2012-10-28

"Great discounted rates with helpful reviews!"

2012-10-28

"agoda is very good website, quick action, cheap price. alot of hotels recommended."

Share Agoda's store rating

Agoda is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Agoda is not a merchant member
Agoda does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!