AdoramaCoupons

• Address: 42 West 18th St.
    • Contact: service@adorama.com
    • Phone: 212-741-0401
    • Customer Support: 800 8150702
    • Business Hours: Sunday 9:30am-5pm, Mon-Thur 9:00am-8pm, and Fridays 9:00am-5pm
    • Fax: 212-463-7223

• checkmark icon COD

Product & services pricing Rating 7.89/10 7.89/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.16/10 8.16/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.62/10 7.62/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.94/10 7.94/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.67/10 7.67/10

What is this?

"It was my first order through Adorama and it will be my last. I purchased a tv from them and after about an hour of use it went black. I tried to return it, after all it was within 30 days, and they did not want to help at all, it was my problem. I wonder if Walmart would say that? Do yourself a favor and do business with a company that will go out of their way to help a customer, it certainly isn't Adorama. It could save you a lot of money and aggravation."

"Adorama doesn't link its Warehouse Inventory with its Website. Three Customer Service Reps have told me as such. They only list Items as Back Ordered after Customer Complaints of Massive Amount. Their Reps can't even access Inventory Information as an Item that was Backordered was double checked. Rep Told me they had no ETA on it being in stock and that it was still out of stock. Three hours later it shipped.

Adorama Reps are willing to give out other Customer's Information as I was asked for an Order Number from a Friend's recent purchase so they could give me information when my friend made their order.

Shipping is terrible. Items take three days from the shipping label being made before they even leave the Warehouse and this is with Three Day Shipping paid for.

The last item I am waiting for on Back Order has cost me more money then if I had ordered it elsewhere at full price as I've had to rent equipment until the item actually magically arrives at my house.

**UPDATE**

The "ETA" I was given was "Exactly Maybe by the end of the first week of September". My response was "Exactly and Maybe don't belong in the same sentence." I asked again if there was an ETA and I was give the same response of maybe by the end of first week of September. I called this past Thursday to find out if the item was going to go out Friday and the Rep told me they didn't know it could but they didn't know. They said the item could be in stock on Friday or sometime the next week.

I did not GLADLY accept anything. I begrudgingly accepted the shipping adjustment and noted it probably would mean nothing as items take forever to leave the warehouse. No Personal Information was given because I instantly stated that it was a violation to Customer information and was appalled at the offer to do so. I also told your Rep I didn't receive a Back Order E-mail until AFTER I called the first time when I discovered it was on back order when I checked my account information on the site and noticed the order hadn't been filled yet.

Once Again Adorama tries to Blame the Customer.

**UPDATE**

My story has never changed. I spoke to 3 Customer Service Reps. I have been given the same crap responses every time. When talking about "Massive Amounts of Complaints" I'm talking about other customers. Three orders of my 4 I've ordered from you came within days of each other (two of them within hours). The first was for 4 Bulbs and I received no e-mail telling me it was back ordered. Two days later I found the Kit Bundle on your site and ordered the Camera Bundle. I knew I needed an secondary battery option and went to another site I knew had a better price but they actually list their order as back ordered so I went to yours and ordered the battery option there. I then went to my Account settings to get the two order numbers and get them combined and that is when I discovered that one of the Bulbs and the Camera where Back Ordered. I haven't placed an Order since and Will never again. After speaking to 2 of the 3 Reps I have spoken to I started reading new reviews of Adorama and boy do I wish I had read them before.

Why do I still have an order with your company? Well at this point I just want my camera. I'm looking into other options which will probably cost me more but at this point since my other option is rent a camera until it is actually sent spending more will probably just have me break even. If I find an alternative quickly then I will VERY happily not hand over $1300 over to your terrible Company.

I was warned that Helen O or Jerry G would publicly attack my negative reviews and try to twist facts. That you both would reply publicly before even trying to actually help. All of those things have happened. I've heard countless stories of people dealing with the same problem I have- Ordering Products that were on Back Order and the Site not listing them as such. Customer Service not being able to give actual ETAs on delivery. This has happened to me on TWO orders out of the 4 I've made. Hell, I even read about a Customer who had to call the CEO to get his camera back from your company after he sent it in for an Evaluation to potentially sell it to Adorama and then found a better deal elsewhere. Your company literally tried to steal a customer's camera.

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-07-2014

adorama, Adorama rep has responded

“UPDATE:

Yes the public sure will be able to judge...no matter how many times your story changes. You say this has happened to you 2 times before and you say you've heard countless of negative stories about us...yet here you are ordering from us again.

Seems you keeping changing your stories. Now you say that 3 customer service reps told you we only list backordered items after as you put it "massive complaints". Again that never happened because it's not true. That being said I'm not sure why if you feel we're such a bad company you don't cancel your order? As you know we do not charge your credit card until we ship. So why would we not ship the order out to you?

You neglected to mention that we did give you an ETA when you said we told you we have no ETA. We are not blaming anyone just stating the facts. You are the one that mentioned your friend received his camera and the rep asked for info to see if that was true. We and I repeat we never did or would give out someone else's personal info.

Thank you for your order and review. Of course our policy is never to give out personal information. I have the recording of your call and you never were told anyone's information. Here is exactly what transpired. You called at 4:29 est saying you ordered a camera and you received a back order notice. Then you said a friend of yours also ordered the same thing a day before and he received it. The rep told you we ship orders on first come first serve basis which is always the case.He never ever gave you any personal information.

The fact is if your friend did indeed get his order it would be because he ordered it before you. You also mentioned you weren't given an ETA which is also not the case. You were told the ETA would be next Thursday or Friday next week. He also offered you expedited shipping and reduced the shipping fee which you gladly accepted.

While we understand your frustration we just wanted to set the record straight.”

"Great service and fast shipping, that's Adorama!"

"don't worry to make an order with adorama your order will be in good hands i bought an used DSLR under Condition E- and it's look very clean and work fine
the bad thing is when you take your package from UPS they didn't give you your stuff until you pay the customs duty bill. i pay around 252 USD as a customs duty to clear my package
i know the adorama have no control about this customs duty it's just your luck

"Great price, exactly what I ordered delivered on time. Great email follow up process. Bought Nikon Prostaff 7S Binoculars."

"This was my first purchase with Adorama and it was very, very impressive! Not only did I get my item at a great price, it was shipped for free! I received my item in perfect condition in three days. Adorama customer service was fast and efficient at answering a few questions about my purchase, which was greatly appreciated. I will certainly shop with Adorama again!"

"The package arrived as expected. Overall, a straight forward procurement process."

"I bought a used camera body from Adorama and was very satisfied with both the product information selection process and checkout procedure.
The rating scheme was very helpful, checkout was seamless, and return
policy made the decision easy. Packaging very thorough and the camera
condition even better than I expected. I would buy used products from
Adorama again.

"Adorama is quick, easy to deal with and has great prices."

"Very happy with how fast I received my order "

"The process to order was extremely easy and delivery was fast. I swear it was here before I finished ordering our new printer.... LOL... It was here the next day. I would recommend Adorama to all my friends and family. "

"I always find what I want at competitive prices......"

"My shipping was on time and the tracking was perfect as it was always updated."

" The web site was very user friendly with a smooth process for ordering items and tracking shipments. Thanks, Adorama!"

"Quick shipment great service."

Adorama is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Adorama is a merchant member
Adorama participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,849 merchant members.