Stores > Ace Hardware Superstore
  • Ace Hardware Su

Voice your opinion! Review Ace Hardware Superstore by clicking a star below.
2017-07-22

On line ordering with store pickup

"First, the Ace hardware store in Florence has the best bolt stock on hand in stock in Ky. Now for the "Horrible"

Tried to pick up an on line order at this store. The staff was ignorant on how to hand this. Got the run around, finally got a call to come pick it up. When I got there I was told they did not have an order for me and did not know anything about it. Wasted trip, lost production time. poorly ran store. Now it takes 30 days to get a refund for a product I didn't get " Not Happy" Store needs to train its staft and come into the modern age of computers.

2017-05-19

Rude customer care, rude staff in stores.. no clue of what they are doing

"I ordered online with free shipping to store.
I got email in 2-3 days that order has shipped. wait starts now.. I kept waiting that I will get an email or a call when my order is ready to be picked up... 2 weeks gone.. I called customer care..
they said.. they shipped the item, store should have got it but they can't check.
I go to store, they say they don't have it.

I call customer care again, they say they can't help.
so I go to store again, lady in the store looks around and finds my item sitting in the corner. I ask why didn't they inform me that my item was ready for pickup. she said they called - I NEVER received any call. AND no voice email.. what a joke..
and on top of that she was rude.. and not ready to accept that they screwed up..
Pathetic exp.

2015-06-01

"I ordered an outdoor light fixture online from Ace. I paid for two day shipping because I needed it quickly as one fixture had burnt out. I ordered a matching 180 lumen paradise fixture. I was send a 360 lumen paradise fixture. I called up and after going through the automated service I spoke with a women named Kay. Not only did she not have a clue as to what I was talking about, but she would not give me my express shipping back for the incorrect item, and she wouldn't send a replacement out asap. She said they had to put in a "request" and it could even be declined! How hard is it to read a packing slip and send the right thing the FIRST time. You should fix YOUR mistake and make it right.
Will never buy anything from you all again with service like that.

~Jesse

2014-11-12

"This outfit is a scam!!! We have a lovely Ace Hardware locally, but DO NOT buy from this online 'superstore". I ordered some Krylon Paint. It never came and despite repeated emails I was never able to get information or a refund of $38.00. Basically, I was robbed. I even contacted Ace Hardware's main website to complain and got no help at all. Pathetic all around. I complained to Krylon and they quickly provided the paint to me at no charge. Kudos to them. Glad to finally find a good place to vent about this and sorry to see so many others with bad experiences."

2014-07-29

"Place an order for a small table on July 21 , 2014 and got cancellation notice after 8 days on July 29, 2014. The store never guarantee that product will be in stock and the worst part is that you have to wait 8 days to know if they will ever fulfill your order. Will never use their site to purchase online."

2013-08-02

"Not at all happy with the Clark & Kensington paint I bought. Peeling everywhere. Not happy with the clerk I spoke to on the phone either. Very rude and not at all helpful, not answering my questions and quick to say I did not prep my wall correctly. I'm not new to painting, but would not recommend this paint at all!!! Too bad the 'hired help' is so rude too, not so good in the customer service area, hope he has a better day in the future!!"

2013-01-07

"Yay, American Express saved the day and refunded my money. I placed an order with this "superstore" in late December 2012. Their website went offline a few days later for "maintenance" and it is still offline more than two weeks later. They never shipped me anything or bothered to send an e-mail explaining anything. I assume that the folks at Ace Hardware finally had enough of the constant consumer complaints and forced them to close down. Hopefully, they have gone away for good. If acehardwaresuperstore.com ever comes back on line, avoid them, avoid them, avoid them. Whatever small savings they may offer is not worth the risk."

2012-12-29

"Here is a copy of the e-mail I sent them:I ordered 3 set of lights order#64389 on November 29, 2012. It has been two weeks and I have heard nothing. I needed them for outside lights for the Christmas Holiday. If they are back ordered, please cancel my order. If they are ready to ship or in shipment, let me know.

They sent an e-mail that the lights were out of stock and my account would be credited. I tried calling their customer service dept and no one ever answers. Total rip off.

2012-12-13

"This clearly is a scam site. I assumed that being an Ace Hardware franchise, they would be reputable. Boy was I wrong. Never even thought I'd need to check resellerratings.com for them. I placed an order on Dec. 2 and they charged my credit card immediately. After 5 business days I emailed them becuase I hadn't received a shipping confirmation. I also tried phoning them, but no one answered. Got an email a few days later stating the item as out of stock and would take 4-5 weeks to ship. It appears they don't actually stock many of the items they sell. And why it would take 5 weeks for them to get supply is ridiculous. So, I emailed them and asked them to cancel the order. They emailed me back and said my card would be credited. It's been 5 business days and I've not seen any credit. Will have to protest the charge with the credit card company. What a massive waste of time. Their price on the item I ordered almost seemed too good to be true. Now I know why. I URGE YOU TO SHOP ELSEWHERE!!! After reading these reviews, you can only be a real fool to shop at this site."

2012-12-13

"Worst store ever! I truly wish I had read this site ahead of time!!!! Like every other customer, I ordered a product I needed for Christmas that I place at the end of November. By the time the 11th had come and I haven't heard from them I emailed them. It was t until three days later that they finally notified me that they were out of stock and had cancelled my order. The Better Business Bureau is hearing from me. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM! Worst customer service I've ever received. Ace should be ashamed of themselves! They are a large company and allowing this to happen is disgraceful! The only reason they got a star is bc zero isn't an option!"

2012-12-07

"I can't even describe how horrible doing business with Ace Hardware Superstore was. There customer service is completely horrible. They finally shipped my order TWO MONTHS after I placed it! They never notified me that my item was "back ordered" until I sent them an email asking them where the item was. They lied to me via email as to when this item would should ship. I waited the time they told me and still nothing. They never emailed me back when I told them I still hadn't received anything. Then they lied to me over the phone when I asked them when this would ship. They people are horrible. I fully expect my item to be broke or partially missing when I finally receive it. NEVER ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!!!"

2012-12-05

"same as all the other reviews took my money then sent an email stating they dont carry that product anymore and that i would be credited. Currently trying to get my money back"

2012-12-05

"This Ace is SHAM! Do not waste your time or money with them. eKomi is also a SHAM - do not pay any attention to their postings, they are just as FAKE as the Ace Superstore B.S. I am so glad I used my credit card, I reported them as FRAUD and requested a formal inquiry. RUN AWAY!
I placed my order, it never shipped. I called to ask, they said it was back-ordered, but they still charged me like they had filled and shipped the order. After several weeks, I cancelled the order and went with someone else. I recieved a cancellation confirmation, but no refund. I called to ask about the refund, they sent me to a "billing department" - completely separate company??? They never called me back, and I called American Express.

2012-11-26

"SCAM!!!! Paid for my items.It has been 10 days and still havent received a shipping confirmation. Called many times no answer!!! I thought I was ordering from the real Ace Hardware, It is a shame that this company has been allowed to continue to operate a web site!!!!"

2012-11-12

"THIS STORE/SITE IS A SCAM!! If I could choose NEGATIVE 10 stars I would. I tried to purchase an item and thank God I didn't do so due to extremely high shipping costs. I then called them today and the woman on the phone was so obnoxious and said "That item isn't even in stock, what are you talking about?!" with a very rude tone. I then said, well your site allowed me to put it in my cart, add my credit card info etc and was about to let me place my order! I almost ordered something you don't even have? Your site is wrong and that is not ok. She said "What?! It's over, why are you arguing with me???!!" again in a very rude tone. Then I hung up. I called back later and asked to speak to a manager. This same woman asked me over and over "Why? The manager will not speak to you unless he knows why." I said I want to ask him a question why can't I speak to him? She said "We don't work like that here! You will have to email him. He doesn't want to talk to you unless he knows why you are calling" I then discovered THEY HAVE AN F RATING with the Better Business Bureau. See also ALL the reviews here! How disgusting and tragic that in this economy, where honest, good people are losing their businesses, these horrible people are still IN business?? I spoke to Ace Hardware (the real company) and they said so far there is nothing they can do to prevent these scammers from using their name. Thank God I trusted my gut. They are a SCAM- STAY AWAY!"

Share Ace Hardware Superstore's store rating

Ace Hardware Superstore is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Ace Hardware Superstore is not a merchant member
Ace Hardware Superstore does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!