• Address: 2590 Clark Street

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.93/10 3.93/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"Bought a DENON AVR-3312CI receiver from A4L -it was DOA. We were in the beginning stages of a remodel, so did not even open the box for a year after receiving. Once we tried to set it up -it never worked."

modified review This review was modified by 007mee on July 17 2014 03:48:26 PM

"I have recently purchased a Yamaha receiver from these guys and I am going to say that I have no idea where most of the negative comments are coming from. After reading this thread I decided to go to their website and read their return policy for myself. Everything is plainly detailed to understand. After this check I ordered my receiver. I received it via Federal Express 5 days later. After setup I encountered a problem with the sound from one of the zones. I called A4L to set up an exchange. They immediately contacted Yamaha and I received an RMA from them. Mark from A4L e-mailed asking that I try some various things before I sent it back. I asked him to call me as explaining by e-mail would take too long. He promptly called me long distance and asked that I try checking the speaker setting to make sure that the back surrounds were set to "None". After checking this setting I saw that they hadn't been turned off. I set it to none and retried the zones. All zones worked. Music to my ears. I had been on the phone with Yamaha's rep as he took me through all these different steps to try and get the zones to give sound. He never mentioned to me about this speaker check and recommended that I return the unit. Thanks to the knowledge from Mark I didn't have to return the unit. I can tell you that this place is as reputable as any that I have encountered and they will go out of their way to help you. I would purchase from them again in a heartbeat."

modified review This review was modified by smacfar on July 01 2014 01:26:37 PM

"I do understand some of the low comments because Marantz has farmed the refurbishing job to someone other than their factory. I bought my Marantz 5003 AV receiver when Marantz actually fixed the problem and shipped these in their factory boxes, and I sent an 4023 back for problems. However, these are issues with the supplier not Accessories4less. They took it back because it was defective and that's all I can ask.

I bought the Cambridge Audio S30 speakers in factory boxes (new) and they were perfect. I'll not stop buying from them because of factory issues, but learn which not to buy. Resellers always catch the flack for these problems and I don't think it's fair. I give them a four star because there prices on some of their equipment is only slightly less than factory stores (KEF).

"Accessories4less is a factory authorized internet distributor. This means that (unlike a scam site) your factory-authorized full-term warranty is valid, even on 'refurbished' items. Refurbished is not 'open box' unless someone did their job wrong.

Accessories4less will charge you shipping if you return a defective item for a refund or replacement. If you choose warranty repair, the manufacturer's policies apply.

I purchased a refurbished Onkyo TX-NR929 receiver at 1/3 off retail. I hooked it up and noticed only 2 minor functional issues that are likely in all units of this model and probably not even noticed by most users. The infamous Onkyo HDMI failure did not affect this unit, yet. I am pleased with the purchase.

"I bought a refurbished Onkyo C-7000R Cd player from these guys. It began to blank out intermittently a few times every CD I played through it. With their approval I sent it back as defective. They get it and tell me that it works fine and charge me a %10 re-stocking fee PLUS the initial shipping, PLUS what I paid to return it! I lost $85 for dealing with these shysters! NEVER AGAIN! Beware! Here's the clincher: the guy I spoke to trying to get them to do the right thing said they are going to sell that DEFECTIVE Onkyo C-7000R to another unsuspecting person for FULL PRICE! So they pocketed $85 from me and will sell it again! Unbelievable."

modified review This review was modified by hisboyelroy on April 09 2014 01:08:16 PM

"If only I have read online reviews before my purchase of a Denon amplifier at accessories4less.com after bargain shopping over Christmas holiday 2 months ago in 2013. I have had a bad experience with their SWITCH AND BAIT scheme leading to an inferior product (or losing $40 if return). All I have is a receipt to prove it. BBB Florida was siding with the merchant after one reply.

I have found the Denon amplifier at this site listed at the lowest price among all merchants. There were other brands and models clearly marked as refurbished. I chose this Denon because it's not refurbished. When I got this Denon. It worked but dented and scratched. When I checked up the product online afterwards, it's listed as refurbished this time for the same price. Of course I immediately demanded a refund for this product. The merchant did authorize the return but I would lose my shipping cost of about $20 and I would have to ship the item back to merchant on my own for about $20. The merchant blamed me for making a mistake.

I have filed a complaint to the Better Bureau of Business in Florida about this SWITCH AND BAIT scheme. After one reply, they closed the case believing the merchant has done enough, and didn't acknowledge the SWITCH AND BAIT scheme.

The purpose of my bargain hunting is to save money. In this SWITCH AND BAIT scheme, I would lose $40, no more bargain till next year, and ton of headache. Be this a warning... SWITCH AND BAIT scheme is not condemned in Florida. And accesoories4less.com get away with murder.

modified review This review was modified by diuley on February 16 2014 10:03:53 AM

"Purchased the refurbished Onkyo 929 in hopes of saving money. It arrived and worked for a few hours then came across all kinds of failures (e.g. when clicked on Bluetooth on front panel, it indicated "Not Available", Wireless nor wired connection feature worked, no sound from any source, etc). Contacted Onkyo support who walked me through some troubleshooting steps (e.g. resetting unit) and they concluded unit was defective. I decided I no longer trusted reburbished Onkyo 929 and had to pay original $40 shipping fee (to me) and $75 shipping fee (back to them) for $115 total loss. They wont charge shipping if you try another of the same model (e.g. I asked if I could switch to a less complex model and they said they only cover return shipping if you get the exact same model again). It takes two days for them to first decide to approve or deny your return request. I neither received an apology when I called this company nor in the email I received giving me return instructions. At minimum, it would have been fair for them to at least cover the original shipping of $40 but this is not their policy. In all fairness, aside from the shipping fee issue with AC4L (who wouldn't at least absorb the initial S/H fee), the real issue here was not with AC4L as much as it was the failure in Onkyo to properly fix the receiver. Maybe you will be lucky and get one that works. It really is a gamble. Feeling Lucky???"

modified review This review was modified by albertquin on February 11 2014 06:40:35 PM

"I bought a refurbished Denon AVR-X2000 receiver form Accessories4less. The front right channel was bad, so I contacted Denon per the instructions. The service rep indicated they get lots of these issues from Accessories4less. My guess is they simply repackage defective product that gets returned to them as refurbished without doing anything to them, thereby making it Denon's problem. "

modified review This review was modified by HFB777 on December 16 2013 06:29:00 AM

"This is the second major purchase I've made from Accessories4less and have been extremely satisfied both times. Each time I call to inquire about a product or price, they have been both courteous and knowledgeable about their inventory. If you need to purchase any home theater related gear, I urge you to give them a call."

modified review This review was modified by steffner on September 30 2013 04:50:36 PM

"This is literally the most ludicrous series of reviews I have ever read.

Let me go into a little detail about my A4L order (1st ever order from an online retailer, and of this magnitude - weight, price, ect)

I called before placing the order and spoke to an EXTREMELY knowledgable employee (Mark), to go over the system I was thinking about getting (Onkyo THX-9400, and yes, before you ask -I love it)

He went over the system, how A4L does the shipping, and gave me an honest run down of how refurbished models work, (cosmetic issues, why they are classified as refurbished to begin with ect ect) As the price on their website for the system was 55% OFF (I paid $599.99 from 1099.99) of any other price I could find amongst anywhere online; retailers, ebay, amazon ect. After speaking with him for about 15 minutes I felt confident enough to place the order, and did so within 15 minutes of hanging up with him.

It was after 2pm when I placed the order, and usually they send all the orders out by 2pm BUT managed to accommodate my order AND GET IT OUT THE SAME DAY!!!

I tracked the order every step of the way, it was scheduled to come on tuesday (3 business days after placing the order) and it came on Tuesday.

I had read all of the reviews posted here and was terrified of the condition the box would come, or even worse the unit/speakers itself.

Heres the bottom line:

The box came in almost mint condition, no damage to it what-so-ever. Once I dragged this mammoth of a beast system (138 pounds!!!) to my front door, I un packed it and inspected every piece of the speakers, receiver, components....all of it....and I was amazed....its perfect. Looks literally brand new, I was already a happy camper at this point.

I had someone come today (Wednesday) and professionally install and calibrate the system, and as I sit writing this to you I have my music blasting out of only 5/7 of the speakers (still trying to decide where to put the other two, small/weird shaped room) AND IT IS LITERALLY BLOWING MY GOD DAMN MIND. IT'S AMAZING.

I could of not asked for a better experience with this company, or any company for that matter. I am one happy SOB and a new, loyal, A4L customer.

Don't hesitate with these guys, pull the trigger. You wont regret it.

Great Customer Service
Great Great Savings
Great Products.
10/10 for these guys.

modified review This review was modified by brooklynburning on August 28 2013 09:53:58 AM

"Terrible customer service. I purchased a refurbished receiver and one of the channels didn't work. When I complained, they said my options are to return it or have Denon cover it under their warranty. I opted to return it, in which case they charged me return shipping!!! Why would I have to pay to return an item which was sent to me defective?

To make matters worse, when I complained, the service rep said "We also only charged you $12 to ship this receiver, so I don’t know why you would pay so much to return it to us." (UPS charged me $30.)

What kind of pathetic and rude customer service is that? i will NEVER use them again and recommend that others avoid them as well. I'm luck this was only a receiver. Imagine if a 50 lb subwoofer was bad - it could cost up to $100 just to ship it back! And there are experiences of that here. Or you send it to the manufacturer, who may take weeks to fix or resolve the issue. Unacceptable.

What's more, open box stuff at Best Buy is actually cheaper than their items and has a return policy and full warranty.

modified review This review was modified by firasb on August 10 2013 01:53:26 PM

"I found this company on a forum and it was recommened to for cheap refurbished HT setups. They have a good variety in many price ranges. I got the Onkyo 6500 package because it was in my price range and my research made it look like a solid system. Ordered it on a weekend, it shipped that Monday and was Received on Thursday, so it took 4 days to ship a 76 lbs package from Florida to New Jersey, so I was actually happy.

So far the product works great. Came out of the box looking new, had all original components, everything was wrapped and packaged correctly. So far the product shows no sign of defects and the performance has exceeded my expectations.

I really wish that more products had reviews. I reviewed my Onkyo 6500 system if anyone is looking for a cheap package. It's sad to hear that some people have had poor experiences, and I'm really glad that the company seems to be doing better. Hopefully that's true.

"Customer service was very prompt and helpful."

modified review This review was modified by meetloaf13 on June 11 2013 12:42:40 PM

"I purchased audio equipment last year for our first new home. The receiver had several issues from day one, the firmware update took 3-4 days to upload. The unit finally died.

I've heard nothing but good about A4L from the forums. I knew from the beginning they sold refurbished components, so that was no problem for me. Sent an email and got a fast reply from Mark who was patient and very helpful. After several emails I decided to purchase a Marantz SR5005, and I could not be happier. I've known of Marantz since the 70s and always wanted to own one. It's nice to see the same principles continue today. Standard shipping was fast as it took 2 days from date of order to arrive. Communication after the sale has been the same before my order.

If you are in the market for any audio component, I would recommend you contacting A4L. Great service, low prices, fast shipping, and great customer service. You will not be disappointed.

"I have purchased refurbished equipment from a number of legitimate dealers and never had any problems. This company is neither legitimate, nor is this equipment refurbished. It is clearly just reboxed returned merchandise that didn't work, and still doesn't.

I'm filing a complaint with the AG in my state, as this is fraud as far as I'm concerned.

Take the following comment for what it's worth - DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY, OR BUY ANY MARANTZ PRODUCTS.

How do you think this company stays in business? From all the defective products made by the manufacturers it sells! That should tell you everything you need to know!

Don't make the same mistake I and other have made by purchasing from this fly by night company!

modified review This review was modified by comleader on May 02 2013 03:20:34 PM

Accessories 4 Less / ac4l.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Accessories 4 Less  / ac4l.com is not a merchant member
Accessories 4 Less / ac4l.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!