• Abe's of M Abe's of Maine Elite Status

• Address: 1805 Lower road, Linden New jersey
    • Contact: abe@abesofmaine.com
    • Phone: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Customer Support: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Business Hours: 9:30am-7:00pm Mon-Thur9:00am-1:00pm FridayOut Sat and SunCell-646-431-1039
    • Fax: 732-909-2464

Product & services pricing Rating 8.97/10 8.97/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.35/10 8.35/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.34/10 8.34/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.60/10 8.60/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.29/10 8.29/10

"I purchased a Nikon (Nk5018GG) 50mm F1.8 and I couldn't be happier with the price, speed of delivery and caring calling me to explain the item details. I feel really pleased and I recommend the Abe's of Maine! I will use it again and I've already mentioned it to my friends! Thumbs up!!!"

"Best!!! Knowledgeable representative very understanding and explaining what is in fine prints. I really appreciate the way they handle the orders. "

"SCAMMERS! Forgot that I had ordered from them years ago and had to cancel because this company preys on their customers. Really don't know how they have gotten away with this for so long. Or how they have so many positive reviews here.

I purchased two Samsung TVs, and half an hour later get a call to let me know I "ordered the Canadian versions" which are "only good if you're sending them to Canada." They bait you with low prices on items that they don't have and/or are grey market, and then try to sell you more expensive items.

Aggravating and a waste of time. At least they didn't wait days to force me to cancel the order.

"Spoke to Kevin and he was a nice guy and he also gave me an upgrade in my delivery"

"Great store. Great people. Highly recommend!!!"

"I can't say enough good things about dealing with Kevin Scott at Abe's of Maine. I had researched the lens I needed and the best price by almost half was at their website. I really appreciate the follow up call to ensure the lens order was for the correct camera. I give Abe's of Maine and Kevin a 10 on a scale from 1-10. "

"The website is easy to navigate. I actually spoke to Roy in customer service who was really helpful and friendly. I will do business here again when the need arises."

"I Had an extremely important project, needed another DSLR camera and found great deal at this store, sounded to good to be true.
Order it online, everything was fine, item in stock, select fast shipping after which I get email that I need to call to confirm order, what???
Tomorrow, received email to get informed me how import model takes 2 week delivery from overseas!!!What???
What a behaviour?
Had a deadline to find a camera as quick as I can, ship also ASAP...and the feedback I got was 20 days.
After everything I waited at least 48hours to get money back!

Verdict: Losing precious days, with very bad business, amateurs, slow e-mail contact or no replies, item on stock (but wait for 14 days to import only). and losing money to find other offer and to pay UPS shipping to arrive next day!
To be worse, they are still selling same camera under same conditions!

What a store!
I will never again spent a single cent at this store!

"Great company! Wonderful customer service I never expected from ordering online. Will use them for all my photography needs."

"I received excellent customer service from Roy Rivers!! After I placed my order online, Roy called me to discuss my order and advised me of a better option for my choice of camera lenses. He explained that the one I chose did not have the same warranty as another model. He was able to adjust pricing so it would be possible for me to get the model with the best warranty! Thank you Roy and Abe's of Maine for your superior customer service. I will be shopping here again!!"

"Great customer service and speedy service from time of order. Best prices on the internet too."

"Great price and pleasant service on my lens purchase. Overall a great experience. "

"I chose Abe's of Maine because they had competitive pricing and I was able to use a coupon code. I made a mistake with my order and the customer service representative followed up with me, even though it was over the weekend, to make sure that I was getting what I wanted for my order. He corrected my order and got it shipped out extremely quickly. The customer service agent (Jeff) was extremely polite, quick, and professional. I highly recommend Abe's of Maine for their pricing on their website, as well as their thorough customer service support. Thanks Abe's!
-Brandon B.
Lincoln, NE

"Received outstanding customer service . This was my 1st time shopping with Abe's of Maine but definitely not my last."

"Getting to the bottom line up front - I am content with my purchase and experience with Abe's of Maine (New Jersey based) in buying mid to high spec Canon photo equipment. Now for the top line - they undeniably operate an aggressive bait and switch operation designed to lure you in with extremely good-value prices on 'import' versions of products. As I live in the United Kingdom and don't really get much out of a USA warranty, I intentionally wanted to go the import route, as it saved a small fortune over UK prices (and US). I've purchased import/grey market products before from other sellers in the US and abroad - and, with the exception of a different power plug charger, they all contained full accessories, multi-lingual manuals, lens hoods and cases. My specific purchase was a Canon L-series lens and a 70D camera body, for which I already had batteries and a UK charger. I ordered online and asked for 3 to 5 day shipping, as it met my stay in the US. 2 days later, the online website update showed no progress on the order, so I had to call customer service, where I was immediately introduced to the 'bait and switch' routine by the salesperson (who was absolutely polite and knowledgeable). He explained that Abe's strips down even the import models of their products, removing lens hoods, cases, chargers and so forth. He also said the camera body was a Japanese domestic model (physically the same, but would require computer ROM flashing to change the displays to multi-lingual/English). I'm fully comfortable with my ability to do that, but he offered me US domestic (white box) models of both the lens and camera that, whilst several hundreds of dollars more expensive than the up-front prices I'd been lured in by, were still an absolute bargain by UK (and US Amazon prices). I'd read up a good deal on Abe's reputation and was prepared for this and immediately countered with pricing at other sellers, explained my disappointment and indicated I would walk away - essentially opening up an old-fashioned bargaining situation. These sellers are on commission and have some latitude to reduce prices a little bit further - in my case I wanted guaranteed 2-day shipping at no cost (including refund of my 3 to 5 day shipping premium) and a slightly lower price on the lens. We both agreed with the final prices and my debit cards were re-charged as agreed and I had a UPS tracking invoice within 2 hours that allowed me to follow the package to my doorstep. I'm content that I was sold what I ultimately agreed to buy, but absolutely warn buyers that this is not a simple click and buy online experience. It's the opening gambit of a potentially prolonged negotiation - you can still come out of it with an excellent bargain. I can't fault Abe's for this - they are a business that has to make a profit in a highly-competitive market. Their technique is bait and switch - although I'm pretty confident they would sell the 'import' model if the customer insisted on it. I'll give this a 'try' my next purchase and simply hold the line and go with the import quoted item regardless of the 'upgrade offer'. "

Share Abe's of Maine's store rating

Abe's of Maine is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Abe's of Maine is a merchant member
Abe's of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,859 merchant members.