• Address: 1805 Lower road, Linden New jersey
    • Contact: abe@abesofmaine.com
    • Phone: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Customer Support: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Business Hours: 9:30am-7:00pm Mon-Thur9:00am-1:00pm FridayOut Sat and SunCell-646-431-1039
    • Fax: 732-909-2464

Product & services pricing Rating 8.71/10 8.71/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.86/10 7.86/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.87/10 7.87/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.12/10 8.12/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.70/10 7.70/10

"Excellent service from Ray, he called to follow up with my order."

"Called to purchase a camera from Jeff @ ext 272 when he answered the phone he immediately asked me how i got his number. I asked him was it important to sell me the camera or worry about how i got the phone number. His reply was as expected to sell the product. Durinf the conversation i asked about the price and when he gave me the price i said " interesting " At that moment he went on a tangent going back to how i got the number Thats plastered over the Internet, I asked him why is he so paranoid ? And if he is running from the athourities. He in turn told me he wasnt going to sell me the camera and humg up on me. It makes you wonder ......"

"Bait and Switch scam!!!
I ordered a camera he said the camera I want cost $600 more that what it was listed for. I said "CANCEL MY ORDER". He still charged my credit card for the inflated price. I currently have a lawsuit pending.

P.S. Visit the BBB for truthful reviews. Him and his friends/family rate their own reviews by creating hundreds fake accounts at a time, do your own research.

"Abe's of Maine totally blew away my expectations. Great customer service, especially from Jeff Stevens. He answered all my questions and made sure my order was processed quickly and accurately. Thanks for everything!"

"I was satisfied with customer service (Jeff Stevens). The website had a great price on my Canon lens. "

"Jeff was my rep and did a great job! He personally called me to let me know the product was being shipped. I look forward to working with him and the company again for future camera needs."

"Jeff Stevens did a great job of following up with me and expediting my order via UPS for no extra charge. Lowest price in the US for this Canon flash."

"It was a great experience purchasing my new lens from Abe's of Maine. The custome service was particularly outstanding. Jeff Stevens the representative really went the extra mile to answer all my questions and ensure I got the right product. "

"Joe was extremely helpful in getting my order processed and shipped. I could not be more pleased with my experience at Abe's of Maine. When you order from Abe's ask for Joe at extension 206 and you will receive outstanding customer service."

"Knowing that I would be traveling again in the near future to South Africa, and only having a Tamron 15-50 mm F/2.8 lens for my Nikon D7100, I was in the market for a telephoto lens to "complete" my camera. Doing as much research as I could and not wanting to break the bank so to speak - I just wanted to speak to someone knowledgeable, who would spend time with me and not sell me a bill of goods. I tried doing that locally but everyone wanted to sell me a $1500 or better lens. Although I had never dealt with Abe's of Maine before, as I searched the internet their name came up quite a bit. I gave them a call. Although I had to wait about 10 minutes on the phone (toll free) the individual who answered passed me on to Jeff (Ext. 272) because he had the most proficient knowledge regarding the D7100. All I can say is: "He was excellent. Outstanding. He spend a sufficient amount of time with me to understand the lens I already had, what type of photographer I was (I love shooting wildlife and nature in Montana), and that I also traveled (Israel, S. Africa, Italy, etc.). He was courteous in our conversation and in the suggestions he made regarding choices for a telephoto lens. I inevitably chose the Nikon 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G Nikkor DX VR Lens which I also believe he gave to me at an excellent price. This was truly an excellent experience! I highly recommend Abe's of Maine and in particular Jeff who was profoundly helpful. - David Maier"

"I bought a Nikon lens. Good product and nice price too. I am a first time user of Abe's of Maine, had a great experience. Customer service is great too, my sell representative Roy is very helpful! "

"I am very satisfied with this online store. "

"Awful. Ordered 2 in stock appliances with white glove delivery and removal of old appliances. Delivered 17 days later (supposed to be 5-6 business days) and delivery company said their work order didn't include taking old appliances out. Called Abe's immediately, but trying to get through to customer service is (all three times I called!) at least an hour wait. Was told they'd refund my $30 appliance removal fee, but nothing they can do. Now I have two large broken appliances sitting in my living room. Not at all worth the few dollars I saved over a local merchant.

Update: Yesterday afternoon Lisa at Abe's offered to refund my entire shipping fee if I revised my review. I accepted. I haven't had a chance to sit down at a computer to do so until today (less tan 24 hours later). Since then I've gotten 5 calls and two emails from them to hound me to get it done. I promised them I would get it done today. Just got another voicemail from them (Ted this time) and this is a direct quote: "You're taking food off my kids' table!"

I'm not kidding.

Whether or not the problem was with their shipper (who is a small company with HORRIBLE reviews) they still waited over a week to process my order, and should have been easier to get on the phone to help.

They offer refunds to unhappy customers to revise or remove reviews, which is why they do well on here (as opposed to the other popular online merchant review site where their reviews are terrible). Too bad it took a bad review to get them to contact me, where I couldn't reach customer service without being on hold for over an hour when I had a problem.

I've now blocked their number on my phone. First time I've ever done that.

"I have used Ade's of main multiple times now and I am very please with their service, customer support and rates. I will be using them more often for purchases."

"Abe's of Maine was a convenient and easy website to shop on. It contained all the information I needed to make a decision about my purchase. The price for my purchase was half the price of other retail sites and the customer service representative, Jeff was very helpful. He contacted me to confirm that I was purchasing the correct equipment for my camera and expedited my order. I would certainly make future purchases from Abe's in the future."

Abe's of Maine is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Abe's of Maine is a merchant member
Abe's of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,898 merchant members.