• Address: 1805 Lower road, Linden New jersey
    • Contact: abe@abesofmaine.com
    • Phone: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Customer Support: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Business Hours: 9:30am-7:00pm Mon-Thur9:00am-1:00pm FridayOut Sat and SunCell-646-431-1039
    • Fax: 732-909-2464

Product & services pricing Rating 8.23/10 8.23/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.43/10 6.43/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.23/10 7.23/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.09/10 7.09/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.26/10 7.26/10

"I ordered a TV and when they called to verify, I got the bait-and-switch spiel about how there was no warranty on this TV, firmware updates wouldn't work, and it was not made as well. This was because it was 'commercial' and not retail. And if I paid an extra $300-$500 I could get the exact same TV I had ordered with the exact same part number, but this one would be much better. The word commercial, or any similar indication, does not appear anywhere on the page describing the television, and Samsung's website confirms a 1 year warranty and firmware upgrades for this part number."

"First time customer of Abe’s of Maine, and the best experience ever. I had been thinking about getting that LG 3 Door French Door Refrigerator with Ice Maker. I just not sure if those prices I saw in the stores were the best deal. And I came across with Abe’s of Maine, their price was unbeatable, way cheaper than other competitions. The whole process from ordering to the fridge delivery, all were smooth and simple. The truck arrived, man, these guys are so nice, they moved up this huge thing up to 2nd floor without complaints. They place it at where exactly I wanted and picked up all the wrapping stuffs cardboards etc with them. I will definitely back for more shopping in the nearly future. "

"Updated on 8/25/2014:

I finally received my package, and here is the final verdict.

Pros:
* Low price - even after what some would call bait and switch tactic, Abe's still offered a good price, 7-10% cheaper than competition.

Cons:
* Slow processing - It took two days for someone to call and verify my order, one more day for shipping label to be created, one more day for it to be picked up by UPS.
* Broken promises - The whole reason Ted called me was to insist that I get the "US" model which came with manufacturer's warranty. I purchased (1) a camera with lens kit and (2) an extra lens, both of which were supposed to be US models with the new order. The extra lens contained a 3rd party warranty, and the camera with lens kit came with no warranty at all.
* Unethical - Abe's offered free items in order to get me to rate them higher. I don't consider it to be a respectable practice. At the least they could be more subtle about it.

Would I do business with Abe's of Maine again? - NO
Would I recommend Abe's of Maine to friends? - NO

Final rating: 2/5

---
Two days after I placed my order online for a digital camera and a lens, I received a call from Ted, like everyone else. He told me that the camera I ordered was an "international" model. The lens I ordered was clearly marked international in red, bold letters, but the camera body is not marked clearly. Only after the fact I realized what "Brand New Factory Fresh Import Model" meant.

As with everyone else's experience, Ted offered a US-model for additional charge. I agreed to change my order since it was still a good deal compared to prices from other sites. I shall see whether he makes good on his words.

I am rating Abe's of Maine 3-stars because of the bait and switch tactic, but not as dissatisfied (yet) since they offer good prices even after this. I will update my ratings after receiving my order.

"I decided to order a new Plasma TV from Abe's of Maine on August 4th. It stated "in stock" and "ships in 7-10 days". I received a call from a manager last night, August 17th, that they will be shipping my TV in the next 2 days."

"Abe's of Maine has exceeded my expectations. I have been astounded by the customer care and support I have received. I will definitely be shopping with Abe's of Maine again as this was one of the most pleasurable shopping experiences i've had. I want to thank Abe's of Maine from the bottom of my heart as they have been genuinely fantastic to me and i'm sure all others. "

"Ordered a canon 18-200mm lense. The agent keep calling me, and pursuade me to purchase a more expensive version. After I insisted to get the one I ordered originally, he cancelled my order without any notice.

Somebody called me after I wrote this review, and it was a pleasant conversation. My order got shipped Immediately after the phone call. It could be some mis-communication. I will update the review again after I receive the product.

"Bait and switch advertising. Upsell tactics, inventory on website not correct. Shady practices.

"Good prices, fast delivery. Thanks Abe!"

"after shopping online for two months abesofmaine came through for me I got exactly what I ordered in 4 days after placing my order joe at ext 266 took allot of time explaining to me the differences between the camera and lenses I ordered I don't usually right reviews but when a job well done ill take my time to share the good news with other people I cant understand why people get so angry there job is to upsell im ok with that I still saved well over 1500 dollars on my kit u guys rock keep up the good work joe another happy customer for life "

"Switch and bait tactics. After ordering, they will call you and try to upgrade your purchase. I fell for it and upgraded for the USA version of a Canon lens. It arrived without a warranty card!! They tried to talk around it by telling you to register it with Canon but anyone can do that regardless of whether it is a grey market or not. I tried to return the item but they said the restocking fee is 15%. Their prices are lower because they make it up with these scams. Buyer beware!

Addendum: After leaving poor comments at some online review sites like this one, Abes called me back and offered me a full refund. I raised my overall score to three stars as part of the agreement for refunding my money.

"Ordered Nikon 18-55 vr II lens at $94. And got it on time and everything is as it is posted on ABE's website, which is an import model, actually I want. The website should emphasize there is no warranty with it. The next lowest price is $117 from other dealer that is with international warranty.
Got calls from SIMON A ext272. Nicely emphasized hidden information with understandable upsale. That may be helpful If you are not knowledgeable enough to the product you want to buy, After I explained all I want is exactly as ABE's posted, he agreed to follow up my order, including free shipping within 3~5 business day.

"Abe's of Maine baits you with extremely low process then calls to tell you that was for the "international version" that comes with no warranty, curbside delivery, etc. If you want the retail version that's 20% more. It's a scam. Even with the upsell the price for a Samsung plasma TV was still the best around, and it appeared to be new, so I guess it worked out okay. Hopefully I won't need to test the warranty status because I don't think Abe's is an authorized retailer for Samsung or I'm guessing any other manufacturer."

modified review This review was modified by tjoneseng on August 06 2014 02:55:34 PM

"Searching the net to buy a lens, somehow I clicked a linked that led me to abesofmaine.com and boy was I lucky to have done that. I got a great price and fast delivery. Thank you Abe's!"

"Seamless from start to finish. I felt comfortable ordering from them because they've been around for so long. I order the 90inch sharp from them and have only good things to say. Shipping company unpacked everything and hooked up the tv for me as promised. I'm happy with my savings "

"Everything went as planned smooth and easy, I ordered the Nikon d800 for about $1,300 below retail price. I got a call to confirm order ( friendly sales rep) everything was shipped on time and needed tracking number was given. I will bring my business back and recommend Abes of Maine to family and friends."

Abe's of Maine is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Abe's of Maine is a merchant member
Abe's of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,857 merchant members.