• Abe's of M

• Address: 1805 Lower road, Linden New jersey
    • Contact: abe@abesofmaine.com
    • Phone: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Customer Support: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Business Hours: 9:30am-7:00pm Mon-Thur9:00am-1:00pm FridayOut Sat and SunCell-646-431-1039
    • Fax: 732-909-2464

Product & services pricing Rating 8.94/10 8.94/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.27/10 8.27/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.41/10 8.41/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.43/10 8.43/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.46/10 8.46/10

2015-07-27

"Great customer service and products! "

2015-07-27

"Good customer service. The rep wanted to make sure that I didn't order a lens that was not compatible with my Nikon camera. Got confirmation and he even expedited my shipping."

2015-07-22

"I purchased a Nikon D5300 camera kit and worked with Kevin. He was fantastic! I'm not certain why other people have had so many issues. Maybe the key is knowing what you want, asking for it, and don't try and cheap out.

Kevin and I discussed various options and the pros and cons of each. This is my baby and I didn't want to save a little scratch and then not have a U.S. warranty, so I spent a little more to buy the U.S. model. I have to say the whole experience was pleasant. I'd buy from Kevin and Abe's of Maine again."

2015-07-15

"I ordered a camera lens from Abe's of Maine for a great price. The lowest I've seen on line. I called in to confirm my order. Spoke with a Jeff Stevens was very polite and helpful. Told me he would send my items for free on a faster shipping. Great prices and good people to do business with. "

2015-07-10

"Shady Business! I wish I had read all the negative reviews before placing an order. Do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere.

I placed an order online on 6/30 then called to confirm on 7/1. I was told the camera I purchased was an import model without a US warranty but I replied I was OK with it since the savings were very good. I was told the camera would ship in a few days.
I called back 5 days later to check the status and was transferred to voicemail. I called back and the sales rep again informed me that I purchased a import model and recommended spending more for a US model which would ship the next day. I told him that I was OK with the import version and it should have shipped days ago. I was then told it would take several weeks for the camera to ship. I asked why I was told a few days on 7/1 and now it was going to take an additional several weeks. I explained that their website lists the product as "Available" which the rep replies it does not mean "In Stock", very lame excuse.

They lure customers in with low prices then use "bait and switch" tactics to make more money. After refusing to pay more I requested 5 times that the order be cancelled and called my credit card company to place a block and inform them of my experience.

Bottom line is they are a shady business and I feel foolish for thinking I found a bargain.

2015-07-09

"Jeff was very knowledgeable about all the products that I ordered, Order was delivered as promised.
This is the 4th time that I purchased items from Abes of Maine and each time I was very Satisfied
I would recommend calling Jeff to place your next order.

Very Very Satisfied

Mike

2015-07-09

"I dealt with Jeff who was very knowledgeable and helpful and quickly
helped me get the product I needed. A pleasure to deal with !"

2015-07-08

"Bait and switch. Bought a grey version without realizing it. They called me up and told me I needed to get a "US version to get the warranty. The greys are not made as good, etc." I upgraded.

They also tried to sell me other stuff I didn't want. Got the lens, NO warranty card, even though I was charged for US version.

I called Canon they said that without the warranty card they cannot verify it is US made.

And from what I read online that the greys are made in the SAME factories, same way as the US. Canon doesn't care as much about the warranty card, but if you buy Nikon they will NOT repair without you buying the US version. Customer service is pushy, rude and unhelpful. "

2015-07-08

"I have attempted to purchase a Samsung TV from Abe's of Maine. The TV model # is clearly a USA model since the suffix of the model was FXZA. Abe's of Maine called me the next day and claimed I was trying to purchase a Canadian model TV and that I could purchase the USA model (for more money). I told them that I wanted the model that was listed on their website that had the suffix FXZA that I clicked on to order. They made every excuse and effort to cancel the order including unilaterally canceling the order, hanging up on me, telling me that if they did send it to me, they would charge $435 of additional shipping insurance (which they do not charge on USA models). I spoke to several employees over the course of two days all of which were rude and obviously used to dealing with potential customers who refused to be tricked into a bait and switch scheme. Quite frankly, the entire organization appears to be filled with shysters and con men."

2015-07-07

"I ordered first time in this website and waiting to receive my product but wanted to write this review as the customer service was very good. Had to wait for little long but at the end spoke to Kevin and he helped to expedite my shipping. "

2015-07-01

"Ted Patterson was great and very helpful! I'm so glad he followed up to check if I ordered the correct version of the lens as I definitely did not want the cheaper import version! He helped with informing me of the differences ahead of time and saved me from the hassle of having to return the lens later! This is my 3rd time ordering from Abe's and love the impeccable service. I highly recommend Abe's of Maine!"

2015-06-27

"The good thing was the price and the really quick delivery. As expected per other reviews, I did get a call trying to talk me into the more expensive US model. The caller was pretty determined to change my mind. His last attempt was to tell me the writing on the lens was in Japanese. I had to laugh at that comment. I had done my homework and had even called the Canon HQs to ask about the Import model. I would definitely order form them again. "

2015-06-06

"Customer, BEWARE!!! This seller is very, very deceitful... I bought or paid for a brand new Nikon D610, and they sent me a "used Nikon D610"... "

2015-05-27

"Great job, very good service. So far my experiences have been very positive."

2015-05-27

"Jeff did a tremendous job helping me when there was some confusion regarding my order. He was very helpful and courteous."

Share Abe's of Maine's store rating

Abe's of Maine is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Abe's of Maine is a merchant member
Abe's of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,712 merchant members.