• Abe's of M Abe's of Maine Elite Status

• Address: 1805 Lower road, Linden New jersey
    • Contact: abe@abesofmaine.com
    • Phone: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Customer Support: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Business Hours: 9:30am-7:00pm Mon-Thur9:00am-1:00pm FridayOut Sat and SunCell-646-431-1039
    • Fax: 732-909-2464

Product & services pricing Rating 8.96/10 8.96/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.20/10 8.20/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.26/10 8.26/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.52/10 8.52/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.52/10 8.52/10

"Given that most items you buy here are an 'investment', it is appreciated that they call you before your order is shipped to make sure you are getting what you ordered and that everything is the way you want. Returns are easy and flexible. They truly value each customer as an individual. As a bonus, they sometimes are able to offer discounts to you beyond those listed on the website. Excellent quality of products and excellent service."

"WOW, what can I say! Fantastic service by Jeff Stevens! Product ordered on Monday, packed and shipped on Tues, and delivered Wed. I was very impressed with the packaging. If I had to rate the customer service on a scale of 1-10, it would be 11."

"Great and fast service. The products sold are excellent quality. I am very satisfied with Customer Service helps on the various matters. Recommending it to everyone."

"its great to feel that you are speaking to humans when you make a purchase i received confirmation so fast and within the next week got my order cant wait to make more purchases from you guys ... thanks Sally"

"Great service, i would recommend to all to use this site got my product on time.

"I ordered a lens on abesofmaine and received quick confirmation and information over the phone. Also the lowest price I could find online. "

"Wonderful deals and the site was easy enough to navigate. They called me to ask me if I knew about the return policy for tvs. I found that excellent service. I did buy the Samsung 85 inch I love the TV. Kudos to Jason for his customer service skills and his way with the trucking company. "

"Bought a 65 in TV from abesofmaine.com was the easiest and most convenient way to buy. Spoke to the order department I think his name was Mike very knowledgeable and professional thanks guys keep up the good work. "

"I'll give them 1.5 stars. As others have mentioned, it was typical bait and switch. Roy DID give me the lens I ordered at the price I ordered it, but not before the "you ordered the import lens, do you want the USA version for only $40 more?" The box had new bar code stickers over obviously older ones, so I HOPE I actually have what I ordered and paid for. Lens appears to be in good shape, so I guess we'll see."

"This was the best online experience I had in a very long time, Quick and easy and fast free delivery. Thank you Abesofmaine.com"

"I am the first time buyer from Abe's of Maine. The whole experience was great. I got a call after placing the order. I got lowest price for Nikon lens from Abe's of Maine than Amazon."

Memphis, TN

"Classic bait and switch scammy sales tactics if I ever saw them. Let me tell you how nearly all of their orders will go, including yours:
1- You go to their site and look for product XYZ, see it's in stock and for a good price, and you purchase it.
2- A few days later you get a phone call from a sales rep who is "just trying to be helpful" and warn you that you've purchased an item intended for sale outside the US, a so called "Import Model". Despite them acting like they're trying to be helpful with their phone call, you will notice on their website that they go to very little effort to help distinguish these "import models" from the models they call EVERYONE to tell them to upgrade to.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why they try to confuse you on the front end... because they WANT to make that "helpful" bait and switch call to you and get you to pony up a lot more money to "fix" your order. In almost all cases the "new" price is so much higher that you never would have ordered from Abes in the first place... and of course they know that too!
3- They will not ship you your item until you listen to them tell you why you need to pay a much higher price for the US model and argue with them for a bit. They will tell you the import model does not have a warranty (this may be true) and has inferior parts/picture quality/batteries/etc (this is almost never true). If you agree to pay the difference to get the US model then they've "won". If you don't agree to pay the difference then they will tell you the import model is on back order for several weeks and they don't know when they might be able to fulfill your order. You will be told this even though your item said "in stock" when you ordered it and probably still says "in stock" as your sales rep is telling you it's out of stock.
4- If you still refuse to pay the full upsell ransom, they will start to 'check with their manager' and come back with negotiated lower prices to "help you out". You can either accept their negotiations, or wait for who knows how long for them to ship you the import model that is "out of stock"

It's amazing how this organization tries to spin a deceptive marketing practice as "looking out for your best interests"... I lost track of the number of lies I was told in one 10 minute phone call.

"I had a issue about the model / import version of a LG TV. The Manager Frank called and apologized for the confusion. He was able to correct the problem and offer me a free extended warranty plan. I will update review once I have receive the paperwork to increase my rating. Thank You Abe's Of Maine for the reply"

"Low pricing, many selections to choose from on the site. Representative was extremely knowledgeable in helping me select the best product for my needs. Products ship fast! Will order again and again."

"Good Service and better prices.."

Share Abe's of Maine's store rating

Abe's of Maine is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Abe's of Maine is a merchant member
Abe's of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,837 merchant members.