• Abe's of M Abe's of Maine Elite Status

• Address: 1805 Lower road, Linden New jersey
    • Contact: abe@abesofmaine.com
    • Phone: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Customer Support: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Business Hours: 9:30am-7:00pm Mon-Thur9:00am-1:00pm FridayOut Sat and SunCell-646-431-1039
    • Fax: 732-909-2464

Product & services pricing Rating 8.83/10 8.83/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.27/10 8.27/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.22/10 8.22/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.50/10 8.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.01/10 8.01/10

"BAIT AND SWITCH! Even though I messaged them and told them that I knew how the "Japan or Chinese model" scam works they still attempted to upsale me to a USA model instead of giving me what they advertised on their website. That means that they will tell you the model you ordered is a "japan" model that comes without accessories and that you need to spend hundreds more to get the product you want. CLASSIC! Don't be fooled!"

"Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. I called them on a Sunday to ask a technical question about a product and they called me back with an answer - what a service! Very friendly and nice agents to talk too. I have bought from Abes before and will do again in the future."

"very polite and informative. not pushy."

"Extraordinary customer service! They called to verify my order and bumped it up, shipping it immediately. Roy, the rep, could not have been more courteous."

"Roy called me personally and told me that the lens I had ordered online didn't come with a warranty. He generously offered to upgrade me to the retail lens that comes with it for no extra charge. I was impressed with that and will certainly purchase from Abe's again."

"Roy Was a great help help today as helping me get the american model instead of the import that i had ordered!"

"I ordered some photography equipment from Abe's for my Dad's birthday. Their customer service was personalized and honest. They also went above and beyond to provide some freebies in light of the occasion. I will surely do business w/ Abe's again. Thank you!"

"Great experience overall! Best price online for the lens that I ordered. "

"Great experience with Abe's of Maine. I accidentally ordered the export model of a camera and their very nice rep reached out to make sure that it was in fact what I wanted. He helped me fix it over the phone. Super easy. Really happy with the quality of service. Looking forward to getting my camera. "

"Nice people to do business with"

"Jeff helped me with my camera order and switched me to faster UPS shipping for no extra cost. Thanks!"

"I am surprised to see all the positive reviews as this store presented itself to me like a "BAIT" store. I ordered a camera at an exceptionally good price (ONLINE) and filled in the typical order forms, everything seemed well and sound. I did not get a confirmation email which was a bit strange. My order was sent in on a Friday and Sunday I get a call from the store, to call back as some address information had to be verified.
Strange it seemed considering the day but I called in and the salesperson spoke calmly but also very quietly - first he recited my shipping address and when I verified it to be correct he started telling me I had ordered a different model (Japanese) and if he should change it to the US model. I checked the site and there was nothing anywhere about the model being a non US model. I then agreed to simply switch it with the US model. He quickly ran through a few items which would be part of the US model accessories and then hammered out a number which I didn't properly hear but he instantly added that he'd send me a new invoice.
I Waited for the invoice to come in and it only got to me after sending an extra email - The new price was over $110 more than what I originally had ordered. I sent a message back and asked if they would price match and sent them the link of a different store that had also a decent price (still 50 dollars more than their original price). He responded that they didn't price match. I asked to cancel the order as it was just way too much from the original price. The response was I would have to call in Customer Service on Monday.
A few hours later (Sunday afternoon) I get a payment confirmation from Abe's Of Maine, thanking me for the order and showing the final price that had already been deducted from my credit card.
Early Monday I call Customer Service just to have the lady tell me that my order was already sent out...? I asked how that was possible between the day before, Sunday and now Monday morning - she didn't answer my question just repeated that her computer showed the order being on its way. Very strange. I asked her to cancel it because I didn't see paying over 100 dollars more for that item (I could have gotten a better deal at the local store).
She came back and offered me 20 dollars off the new price in order to keep the order - What are 20 dollars compared to 110 - so I again asked her to cancel the order, it was a bit of an ordeal until she finally canceled it, stating that the return payment could take up to one week because they had to get the item back into the store before returning the payment. Interestingly they returned my payment (in full) the very next day - so the whole deal was quite strange and did not make a whole lot of sense time-wise.
In any case if they are as good as the other reviews suggest why didn't they come towards me as a potential new customer, offering me the camera for the online price of the other store (still $50 more than their original price), which I would have agreed to? They would have had a new happy customer, now they lost one. Very strange that was.

modified review This review was modified by TyrrellP34 on March 03 2015 10:05:49 AM

"I had a good experience buying a prime lens from abesofmaine.com. Shrotly after placing the the order a company representative, Roy River, called me to see if I had any questions. Actually, I did have some questions, so I was very glad he called. Roy was very knowledgable and courteus and helped me clarify some things I was unsure about. Today I got an email saying the lens I ordered is already on it's way! Thank you Abes of Maine, Thank you Roy!"

"Great service. Follow up call to verify what kind of camera I owned to make sure the lense was compatible. Fixed shipping to get it to me faster. Spoke with Jeff Stevens."

"They had exactly what I was looking for and much cheaper than any other site. The customer rep was very friendly and helpful. I received upgraded shipping for free also. Couldn't be happier."

Share Abe's of Maine's store rating

Abe's of Maine is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Abe's of Maine is a merchant member
Abe's of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,891 merchant members.