• Address: 1805 Lower road, Linden New jersey
    • Contact: abe@abesofmaine.com
    • Phone: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Customer Support: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Business Hours: 9:30am-7:00pm Mon-Thur9:00am-1:00pm FridayOut Sat and SunCell-646-431-1039
    • Fax: 732-909-2464

Product & services pricing Rating 8.27/10 8.27/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.04/10 7.04/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.43/10 7.43/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.44/10 7.44/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.54/10 6.54/10

" This was my first time shopping at Abe's of Maine and it was a good experience. Great prices, site was easy to navigate, follow-up phone call from Jeff, who was eager to confirm my order and upgrade my shipping for free since apparently I did not see it on their website when ordering. Jeff, thank you for your help today. Abe's of Main, Jeff is a valuable asset to your company! I plan on being a return customer."

"I recently purchased a lens for my camera at Abe's of Maine. I had the pleasure of speaking to Morris Katz after my order was placed. He called to point out an oversight I had made in my order. I was very thankful that he took the time to call and help me better understand the purchase I made. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking for camera supplies."

"I saw a link to Abe's of Maine on Deals.Woot.Com, and they had a very good price on a camera lens that I wanted. After I placed my order, Jeff from the company contacted me to confirm my order and upgrade it to priority shipping.

Jeff was courteous and helpful when he called. He represented the company well, and I am looking forward to receiving my lens. Since I just placed my order, I'm not giving a rating for the shipping process, but everything else has been fine so far.

"This is my 1st time to order with Abe's of Maine. Their pricing is very competitive so I gave it a try. A follow up from a staff, Jeff Stevens is greatly appreciated. He really shows excellent customer service, caring to customers. He is a great asset to your team. Kudos, Jeff Stevens!! Thank you."

"It was Abe's of Maine from which I ordered a lens (75-300mm f/ 4-5.6 III EF Zoom) for my Canon EOS Rebel T3i. I was impressed with the deals offered by Abe's. While Best Buy and Target were both offering the same lens at $199.99 I purchased it at Abe's with a 55% DISCOUNT, and free shipping was included without the use of a membership card. I bought the lens from Abe's for $91.00. Now I know from where to purchase my fisheye lens; Abe's.

And if I wasn't already excited enough about my purchase, I received, the next business day, a call from Jeff. Jeff was incredibly polite. He called to verify my purchase and its compatibility with my camera. He was very helpful and finished off the conversation advising me that I may have overlooked the free "rush shipping" promotion option at the time of my checkout. After assuring him that an error on my part he let me know that he could waive my selection and provide me with a better way to get my package as early as possible. This was amazing news as it increased the odds of me receiving my package before my trip this weekend. I really appreciate that Jeff went the extra mile for me.

Thanks Abe's.

"I ordered a 70-300mm lens for my Canon T3i, soon after got a call to confirm my order. CREAT customer service from Jeff.
He even mentioned I can get Free express shipping when i missed it on the website so he updated my order with it at no charge! So stoked to to get my lens soon! Thanks Jeff!

"My first time shopping at Abe's of Maine: Great experience. Great prices, site easy to navigate, follow-up phone call from Morris, who was eager to help, answer my questions and make recommendations for me. Morris, thank you for your help today. Abe's of Main, Morris is a valuable asset to your company! I plan on being a return customer."

"Excellent customer service from Morris Katz"

"Abe's had the best price on the Internet. And excellent service, especially from Morris Katz, who ensured my lens would be delivered sooner. Next time I need any camera equipment I will look at Abe's of Maine First."

"Roy Rivers is what really sealed the deal on the buy with Abe's of Maine. He called me and educated me on the product I was buying, which I did not realize was a foreign import that did not have a warranty. For a low cost I switched the product, and helped me with a lens as well as lowered the price."

"What a mess. They advertised the lowest price on a Samusung TV, with free shipping. The next day I get a call stating I ordered the industrial model, and the one I want is 300 dollars more. Still free shipping and no tax.
My friend was looking also for a TV. He ordered a more expensive model. Guess what? he gets the same call. He ordered the wrong model. They are scam artisits.

"This is the second time I have purchased from Abe's of Maine in line. I've been very satisfied with their products and service each time. Morris in customer service was very helpful and accommodating and they have great prices! Would highly recommend."

"I ordered a Samsung UN55F8000BFXZA model number from them on Saturday. Sure enought, the phone call cam on Sunday. They told me that what I had ordered was a 'commercial' model, not the 'consumer' model. I told them that there was no such designation but thye insisted. You can check Samsungs website for an explanation of the model numbers. Then it was the different places the screens were made. I needed to upgrade my order but they would give me a deal of $1500 and throw in faster shipping. I still wanted the same model I ordered but they wouldn't listen to me. Bait and switch personified. I will never do business with them.

18OCT14 - They truly do monitor this site. I got a call from Frank on 11OCT14, asking what he could do to make me happy. I told him to give me the Samsung screen version of the UN55F8000 that I wanted for the price currently on their web site ($1249). He did, plus $100 shipping insurance. I did my own checking on the "screen lottery" at Samsung and was aware of what version number it should be. I told him that I would check the box for the right version and, if it wasn't right, I wouldn't sign for it. It came yesterday and was the right version. It was packed inside another box and in excellent condition. Long story short, I got what I wanted but only after I wrote this bad review.
The only positive comment I can make is that Frank was actually very patient and polite the whole time I dealt with him. I can't imagine how tough that was, considering how nasty and pushy I am when it suits me (and it really did suit me). He did ask me to update this review so his boss would get off his back about it. I do understand that problem.
None of that changes my opinion, however. Abe's is practicing classic bait and switch selling. This is illegal here in Wisconsin and at least unethical in New Jersey (not Maine). If you can put up with the crap they put you thru, you can get them to give you what you want but you have to be pushy and complain loudly on this web site to get it. Be careful of deals that appear to be too good to be true since they usually are.

"I bought a Canon lens on this website fast reliable service. The following day I received a phone call from a guy named Jeff. He told me that I had just missed a promotion for an upgrade for my shipping and said that he would upgrade it for me for free. This is a great website and has great costumer service would buy more thing from this site in the future"

"Great customer service. Received a phone call just to make sure the product I ordered would be compatible with what I needed."

Abe's of Maine is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Abe's of Maine is a merchant member
Abe's of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,860 merchant members.