• Address: 1805 Lower road, Linden New jersey
    • Contact: abe@abesofmaine.com
    • Phone: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Customer Support: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Business Hours: 9:30am-7:00pm Mon-Thur9:00am-1:00pm FridayOut Sat and SunCell-646-431-1039
    • Fax: 732-909-2464

Product & services pricing Rating 8.62/10 8.62/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.55/10 7.55/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.74/10 7.74/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.78/10 7.78/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.54/10 7.54/10

"This is my first purchase with Abe's of Maine, with that in mind I was treated as if i was part of the family. I Received a phone call confirmation shortly after my purchase from Morris Katz to confirm my order and information, and to let me know that my order would be shipped first thing in the morning. He was very easy to speak to and work with. Great experience!

"I just wanted to say that Abe's did a great job helping me out. I ordered an imported cannon camra not knowing and Roy (ext 208) called me up and let me know told me the usa version had the better battery and charger. Also it came with a 1yr warranty. There was a 75$ price differences but he worked his magic and fot it down to the same price i was paying for the import. Thanx guys. "

"Best price by far for the item I was purchasing. Jeff Stevens was extremely helpful. "

"I tried to change the overall rating from 1 to 4 stars. Not sure that worked.
UPDATE:
Within about an hour of writing my original negative review I got a call from Frank at Abe's. I told him briefly the story of my order and he said he would make it right with me.
He said he'd honor the $1600 price and give me free expedited shipping. He also made it clear that this was the International (grey market) version. But that it would have the correct manual, menu system, battery charger, etc.
That sounds good to me. I felt good enough to spring for the 3 year warranty for $200.
He said Morris had gone too far and would get a "geography lesson". So, assuming this goes without a hitch, I expect to be very satisfied. I expect to change the rating to 5 when it comes.
So thank you to Frank.

I am deleting the "bait and switch" story because it's no longer relevant, and I want to be fair with Frank, too.

"Jeff Steven's was fast and efficient with our order, he was extremely polite and straight forward with what we needed. He even assisted us with some issues we had with shipping our camera lens. We were happy with how quickly the phone call went. We were not happy with the automated machine at the beginning of my call. It hung up on us twice leaving us confused with no information as to why."

"Great service and knowledgeable staff who know there stuff. Highly recommend. Roy was great to deal with."

"To start off, I already knew about Abe's reputation as a bait and switch company. I figured if I did my research and had enough information, I might be able to win the battle with them. On 12/11, I placed my order on line for a Samsung UN65HU8700 UHD 4K television that Abe's had on sale for $2289 ($600 less than anyone else). Then I sat back waiting on the call from their sales department that I was sure would come within the hour.

I guess they were busy, because the call came on 12/13. The salesman informed me that the TV I ordered came with a non-residential, and thereby inferior panel. But I could get the residential panel TV for $2799 I am familiar with Samsung's practice of using different panel manufacturers but I never heard of a non-residential panel so I asked for the panel identification. After a quick search of the panel ID, I discovered that it was non-existent. So I tell the salesman, I'm fine with that panel and asked him to process the order as is. He then tells me I would not be able to update the firmware on that panel. Odd, I though the firmware resides in the processor, not the panel. Again, I tell him I'm fine with that. So he moves onto the next item in his bag of tricks, the added insurance that is required. No problem there since it is noted on the item description, but when he starts to look up how much it will costs, he discovers that they do not ship to my area. I wonder if they ship the more expensive "residential" model. He tells me he has to cancel the order.

I guess I lost the battle with Abe's but at east I still have my money. I can't understand why they get such high ratings on this site. Maybe people do get their items but at what cost?

"Abe's engages in an unethical bait and switch practice, where they advertise a very low price, like on an imported camera, then a week later call to say I may have made a mistake in ordering the import model, since it comes in Japanese. Duh, all cameras come in all languages. They then offer another model with a 1 year warranty for a lot more, which is basically the same as I would have gotten if they'd filled the original order. Very hard to contact, bad customer service besides."

"CHECK OUT MY BLOG http://gabrielsphotoblog.blogspot.com
I Ordered D5300 w/ 18-55mm lense from abesofmaine for $542.90
Allen from Extension 260 he helped me to complete the transaction
My Chase bank had a 400$ monthly purchase limit so when I placed an order using credit card they declined it so i had to use make a repurchase and buy it with Paypal and it worked

Also When you are buying camera check if the camera is imported or US Version
There are difference and i got a call from allen asking which kind i want
Here is difference
US VERSION = HAVE WARRANTY
IMPORTED = NO WARRANTY
They asked for 699 dollar For US Version
I was going to get us version but i forgot i had budget limit so i passed us version
Also all camera comes from same factory

Also Allen Said i would receive the item on Thursday so i am looking forward to it
He also gave me Free SD card i forgot the size but he gave me free SD card for my camera
If i was able to tip him i would've tipped him a lot
Again thank you Allen For Helping me

"UPDATE 12/15/14. Frank (manager) called an apologized for the issue with my order. The TV is shipping out today and they came close to honoring the price they quoted. So when the TV arrives this week, this review will be changed to a positive review. I've also updated my start rating since they appears to be doing the right thing. Upon delivery, they will be updated again. I have also removed my BBB complaint.

No surprise. bait and switch. after placing the order, they called to let me know that I ordered "the commercial" model of the TV and that might be an issue. I am an LG dealer, and I know there is no "commercial" model.

Then they told me that they needed to add $622 for insurance, which is mandatory (after the order was placed and accepted.) When you buy from them, expect them to try to extort you for more money with a bunch of lies.

for anyone considering Abe's of Maine, here is a great story by NBC where they refer to Abe's as the "poster child" for bait and switch schemes. http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/how-avoid-online-hdtv-shopping-scams-f742267

"Super helpful staff. Appreciate the extra step they went for my order. Haven't used the camera lens yet, but can't wait to use it. "

"I had a small glitch in my order with Abes of Maine and Jason Scott was very professional and courteous in helping me out.

For price and service I give Abes of Maine 5 stars

"Abe's was a great find on the Internet, Jeff Stevens was very helpful with his knowledge on cameras for me to make choose the right lens for the activity I will be doing with my new camera.

He made me realize that color did not matter in lens but functionality was more important.

"I found the best price and free shipping at Abe's of Maine. After I placed my order, I was given personal customer service as they checked to make sure my lens would be compatible with my camera body and to insure I took advantage of the free expedited shipping. Thanks to Mr. Stevens for all your help!"

"Great customer service from Jeff. Very easy to work with."

Abe's of Maine is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Abe's of Maine is a merchant member
Abe's of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,919 merchant members.