Abe's of Maine Reviews - abesofmaine.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 8.80/10 3,591 reviews

Abe's of Maine is a merchant member
Abe's of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,865 merchant members.

All Customer Reviews (3,639)

"Shopping at Abes of Maine was not a good online shopping experience. Shipping took almost 2 weeks and I could not check tracking as I was not sent the correct shipping tracking info. They have managed to send 5 emails with promo deals to buy from them again. Called and customer service did help with that problem and gave me the correct tracking info. Customer service did their best to make things right. They upped my protection plan, I'm not sure how good that is as I have not received that info as of yet. If I got a really great price I would buy again but I would shop real hard first.

"Recently, I moved into a new house and purchased an LG 47LS4600 47” HDTV for my family room. In the past, I purchased other brands of televisions, but prefer LG because I like the quality I can get for the price. I decided to buy my LG HDTV from Abe’s of Maine because every thing went well each time that I shopped on their website for electronics in the past. I like their prices, free shipping, and delivery times. In fact, a few months ago, I got a nice deal on a Nikon camera for my upcoming trip to Rome.

It makes me feel an extra level of comfort knowing that Abe’s has been in business for a long time. They have been around much longer than a lot of other companies that sell electronics, particularly online. They have really good customer service too. Whenever I call them, they have always been attentive and courteous. I feel confident that they definitely care about me as their customer. Good customer service when purchasing electronics online is an absolute ‘must’ for me.

Anyway, Abe’s did a great job of shipping the television and it arrived on time, as promised, in top condition. My family loves our new LG HDTV and it is a perfect size for our family room. The picture is sharp with great detail and the sound is crystal clear. I was able to depend on Abe’s to come through for me once again. I will definitely recommend Abe’s to other shoppers. I just told my brother and his wife about Abe’s when they came over to visit and saw our new LG HDTV. Now, they’re saying that they are going to buy one from Abe’s for their house!

"After much research, we chose Abe's of Maine to purchase our 65-inch Samsung LED TV based on the rock-bottom price. We went into the transaction knowing about the upsell call (previously mentioned by several reviewers) and hidden insurance charges.

In short, we received our new TV in exactly one week from the date of the order, in perfect condition, exactly as represented. We chose to upgrade to the "white glove" service but haggled for $200 in restaurant cards (which are completely useless, BTW). I simply felt more comfortable with the idea of our new TV being delivered by dedicated truck, and the additional cost was worth it to me. However, as previous reviews have mentioned, their "white glove" service is really just plugging the thing in to make sure it's not broken, so don't expect much more for your money. We did get the TV faster than if we had chosen standard freight, so that was a plus.

In any event, we still saved over $700 vs what we would have paid locally. The availability and selection from Abe's was better than what I could have found in my area. Overall, I am pleased with the purchase and would consider Abe's of Maine for similar future purchases.

"I recently purchased my first DSLR camera from Abe's of Maine because they had the lowest price on the model I was looking for. I was also able to purchase many accessories such as lenses, extra batteries and memory cards for a very reasonable price. I will definitely be buying from them again when I get a camcorder!"

"Absolutely fantastic every time! Prompt shipping, great customer service. Service was incredible and I couldn't be happier with my purchases. Thank you for your prompt and personal service. Not many sellers realize the importance of quality customer care and service. Couldn't have been happier with them. This is my new is my go-to website for electronics. They offer competitive pricing, fast shipping, and outstanding customer service. I am very pleased with my orders."

Rating 8/104/5

"BUYER BEWARE!!! Purchased a TV from Abe's of Maine. Next day got an email to call them. They said there were extra Freight Charges in the fine print that was not in the final check out amount. For me it amounted to over $100! To get the TV I already paid for, I had to approve the payment of additional charges over the phone and subsequent to check out. In talking with Abe's representative, it was an obvious condescending, repeated dialogue of how I should have read the fine print by clicking on the hyperlink "View detailed shipping information" where it says in the fine print "For certain large screen LED/LCD, Plasma TVs, Large Appliances, Fitness equipment, SLR cameras, Camcorders and Lenses, a separate insurance charge is mandatory. It will be calculated based on the item value, weight and dimensions. Please call today to discuss your shipping options. We look forward to serving your needs." I guess my 46" TV was "certain large scree LED/LCD". I'll repeat, they do not give you the extra amount owed until after you have checked out and paid for the item so you can not know your final cost! That's apsurd! This method of doing business is extreemly unprofessional and hurts internet sales as you become weary of all small retail internet businesses.

After writing this review, I was contacted by Frank of Abe's of Maine. He apologized for my experience and told me the policy of charging people additional costs after their initial purchase had been eliminated and that the fellow that I dealt with was no longer with the company. As a token of their appreciation for the purchase they offered me a free 2 year waranty. Although I did not get the extra money I had to spend to get the TV, I did appreciate their token of apology.

Rating 8/104/5

"I bought the Coolpix AW110 16 Megapixels, Waterproof & Shockproof Digital Camera - Camouflage by Nikon from Abe's of Maine, I have been looking for a new digital camera for many months now, in order to fit my fiance's' and I's' needs with work and travel, and I have been favoring this one a lot. After doing some more research and figuring out the best price around it lead me to Abe's of Maine, so I decided to purchase it from them, never hearing of them before, but the shopping experience was so easy and great that the purchase was made in a matter of a few clicks. The shipping process was on the fast side as well, very accurate with timing and with any issue or question everything was handled fast as well, and no negative attitudes were involved at all. I had no issues with my purchase from Abe's of maine, I will buy from them again in the future and I highly recommend them. Thank you for letting us capture everything we need for a low price! :)"

I ordered the Samsung un55f8000 from them the price was the best and shipping came in 5 days. Everything was taken out of the box for me and the TV was actually plugged in. Works great very satisfied with how fast the turnaround was and especially happy with the price.

"Recently I purchased my favorite nikon d5300 from this place. I'm really impressed by their prompt service and quality items. I got a brand new camera set with all promised accessories. I also got the US guarantee from this place. It was really an easy deal for me. The people here were too friendly and quick to respond. I will definitely recommend this place."

"A Great store with an awesome selection.

Bought a 32 inch Samsung LED TV , it was everything we expected and more. I am very happy with this product, it works great and delivery was very quick. They have shipped on the same day and arrived 2 days later with the free shipping option.

I have a lot of stuff to buy from you guys. And surely I will come back to you.

Strongly recommended for any online purchase. Super fast delivery!

"My wife and I had been wanting to buy a camcorder ever since our baby was born in May so we browsed around and came across Abe's Of Maine's website. The website was very well put together with well-defined categories and layout.

We found a camcorder that looked great and was well below our budget. It was the Sony HDR-FX1000. The price was the cheapest compared to other stores and the shipping charges were reasonable. We ordered it on their website and got an email confirmation a few minutes after placing it. Later that night we got a call from one of their sales reps. We weren't home so they left a message. I called them back the next day and the rep informed me that he just wanted to confirm my personal info regarding the order so no fake order was being placed. He said this was standard procedure and he was very patient while I put him on hold for a few minutes. After confirming my info he offered a few items that I could buy with the camcorder. I took filter and battery. The prices were reasonable there as well.

Eagerly awaiting my order I called them the next day as soon as I got to work asking them if my order had shipped. They asked me if I checked my email that day. I said, no. They said well there should be an email confirming shipment with a UPS tracking number. Sure enough, I clicked my email there was email from Abe's stating just that. I was able to track my shipment with UPS's website, 2 days after my order On Monday my order came, all items sealed. I was so excited to use it that I opened it right away and started filming. My wife and I really enjoying making new memories with our baby.

"I ordered a Nikon d70 from Abes of Maine. The sales rep, was particularly very helpful. I called back for a tracking info and found out that there was a confusion with my order. It was resolved immediately, and I was called back in 10 minutes. The product arrived on time and was packed professionally. Love my new camera and I will definitely be shopping with them again."

"I recently ordered the Nikon d5200, the USA warranty and all promised accessories and a brand new factory sealed camera was delivered to me in perfect condition.

"I have to say that this store had the cheapest prices for my recent camcorder purchase. I placed my order and received the shipment by early the following week!

They were extremely quick and turning and shipping the product. The only downfall is that I had to pay for shipping. It seems like several on-line stores cover the shipping charges for high priced merchandise, however Abe's of Maine didn't.

Overall this is a great store. It had the item that I was looking for and at a great price. With the exception of the shipping charges, I am extremely pleased with their service. Nothing comes for free...

"I bought a dslr camera off them last year, and a memory card with a flash this time. Both times the price was excellent and it was delivered in less than a month"