• Address: 1805 Lower road, Linden New jersey
    • Contact: abe@abesofmaine.com
    • Phone: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Customer Support: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Business Hours: 9:30am-7:00pm Mon-Thur9:00am-1:00pm FridayOut Sat and SunCell-646-431-1039
    • Fax: 732-909-2464

Product & services pricing Rating 8.92/10 8.92/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.06/10 8.06/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.85/10 7.85/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.32/10 7.32/10

"I recently purchased a Samsung 8500 (51") from Abe's of Maine. I was able to save around $400 on the set through this company. I was a bit worried after reading a lot of negative reviews on-line, however, Joe Piccato (ext. 266) worked with me throught the process and was really great. My TV arrived when they said it would and it was in great shape. I really could not be any happier. I would definately buy from Abe's of Maine again thanks to Joe."

"This company uses deceptive business practices, including bait and switch and high-pressure sales. They post low prices on their website to get you to buy, and then call up to get you to "upgrade" to the full version of what you ordered.

2 days after I placed my order for a TV, I received a call informing me that I had ordered the "commercial" model that doesn't include the standard warranty or accessories. But for $300 I could upgrade to the "retail" model that did.

There is no indication on their website that the TV I ordered is a non-standard "commercial" model, commercial models generally have better warranties than consumer models, and the "retail" model that the rep showed me references the same exact part number and cannot be found on their website unless you search for it's specific SKU.

I now see other consumers have had the same problem recently, with Abe's calling them saying they purchased an "import" model and had to upgrade to get the full warranty. I don't know when they started employing this scam, but this is no longer a trusted retailer.

I would never order from Abe's of Maine again.

"I was looking for a nikkon d5300 camera for months. I did extensive research and landed on abes of maine. I got a wonderful sales rep name Joe at extension 266. He was very helpful and knew everything about the camera and was very respectful. I received my camera on time and with exactly what he promised. To bad their is not a 6 star button on this site. I would definitely rate them 6 stars abes maine and Joe rock. Best customer service I ever had."

"I ordered the new 65h8000 from them and everything was smooth and easy as far as price and e-mail confirmation. I did not anticipate an up sell call on accessories and warranty but even after all that the price was amazing. after that They brought the TV into the house, opened the box, and confirmed that the TV was working. The delivery men were polite and easy to coordinate with. Thank you Joe for the best price out there.

"After getting screwed by Greystone Appliance (thank god for credit cards reversing charges), I turned to Abes.

Called and spoke with Frank who was quite nice and friendly. Asked if they had a new Samsung PN60F8500 in stock. This TV goes for $2,400 + tax/S&H everywhere else. Abes advertised two versions - one for $1,600 and the other for $2,000. He quoted me $2,000 for the retail version (as opposed to the $1,600 commercial which has limitations like no speakers etc). He said they had it in stock at the store and that it was ready for pickup in NJ if I came in that afternoon. When I told him I would be coming from Brooklyn, he offered to ship it to me for free, thus also saving me on NJ sales tax ($150+). This made me wary, especially given my previous experience with Greystone but Frank said he would guarantee delivery in the next couple days (before I headed out on a vacation a week later). He tried to sell me a 3-year warranty at half price ($150) and also a few cables, both of which I declined despite being pressed somewhat to buy it. I didnt give in though he did manage to tack on another $87 for insurance costs of delivery. Was fine with it as I knew Id have trouble getting a better deal (and thought it best to give in on something lest I never get my TV). Gave him my credit card and he charged $2,087 total immediately.

Was a bit nervous but a day or two later, got a call from the shipping guys who wanted to coordinate delivery which came another 2 days later. They were very accommodating and even showed up 30 minutes early. Waited around to unbox and plug in the TV to make sure it worked (it did).

Overall, a VERY positive experience with Abes. Sure, they will try to upsell you a few things that you may/may not want but they came through and I know I got about as good a deal as possible. Recommend.

""FALSE FALSE ADVERTISING " Buyers be aware.

Same story as others. Purchased 55” Samsung TV Online, for pretty good deal. A day later got a call from Joe indicating that it’s a commercial model and only comes with 30 day warranty, does not include retail accessories or software and tried to upsell to US retail model for additional $270. The part number according to AbesOfMaine site is Part #: UN55F8000BFXZA. According to Samsung, this model comes loaded with all of the accessories. I argeued this with Frank, who refused to budge. He was happy to cancel my order.

Update: So we finally came to resolution. Instead of paying $1329 for my TV, I'm now paying $1399 with some upgrades.

"Just Received my Samsung 55" LED that i purchased from Abe's of Maine, I had the pleasure of dealing with Joe ext 266, this is not my first purchase from Abe's Of Maine and as always I am a customer for life.. Thank You all at Abe's for making my Electronic Purchases such a pleasure."

"They are the best out of the rest of the cheap pricing out there. Ordered un65hu8550 for about $1,500 less then the larger retailers out there. I got my tv in 2 days (shocker!!!!) with a 3 year warranty. The salesman was very helpful guiding me through my purchase "

"Called me to discuss my purchase and tried to sell additional items. However, was willing to ship as purchased. "

"Ordered a 65" Samsung TV from Abes of Maine on Tuesday 7/8/14. Received a call from them the following day saying the TV I ordered was an international version and does not come with 3D glasses and it has no US Warranty beyond the 90 days from the store. They offered the US version for $300 or 13% more. I cancelled the order. The conversation was not rude.

Update: Frank from the store called me back. Offered me $100 higher for US model. Took the deal.

"Update 1 - Frank called me on Sunday and he was supportive enough to make the things right. I will update the review once I receive the promised items on time.

Original - I ordered it just a few minutes back and then read reviews on this site. I ordered Canon T3i because price is significantly lower than other sites. I then realized its a chinese fake so-called "import" model. I have immediately asked to cancel the order and refund me back my money. I would never suggest anybody to fall for this scam.

"I bought a Samsung 65" TV. I was vey happy with the service. Joe (ext 266) was incredibly helpful! Answered all my questions and made sure I had everything I needed. Thanks Joe!"

"When you know exactly what you want, AOM is the place to go. They have almost everything for your photography needs. Every serious photographer out there can get a significant discount when buying from them. David gave a me a presale offer for July 4th and I got a great price on the 5d mark iii.

Even for a rookie photographer, this is the place is good if seeking knowledge and advice. Friendly Staff

"I received my 55inch Samsung tv in perfect condition and exactly what I ordered. My salesman was Joe at Ext. 266 and he was really helpful and answer all my questions. The service, price, and shipping was awesome. I would definitely recommend."

"Review to come. It is a long weekend."

Abe's of Maine is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Abe's of Maine is a merchant member
Abe's of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,877 merchant members.