• Address: 1805 Lower road, Linden New jersey
    • Contact: abe@abesofmaine.com
    • Phone: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Customer Support: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Business Hours: 9:30am-7:00pm Mon-Thur9:00am-1:00pm FridayOut Sat and SunCell-646-431-1039
    • Fax: 732-909-2464

Product & services pricing Rating 8.13/10 8.13/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.49/10 6.49/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.32/10 7.32/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.12/10 7.12/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.93/10 6.93/10

"These guys hooked me up with a Samsung 55" LED Smart TV.
It was my first purchase from Abe's and I will definitely be back. Great service, perfect on-time shipping and the prices are right. Highly recommended!

"I ordered a Canon G1X Mk II based on the advertised price of $665, which I considered a very good deal. I expected a call trying to get me to buy additional overpriced stuff. I got the call, but was told I had ordered the import model instead on the USA model. I was traveling at the time and did not have access to a computer. I blindly accepted the fact that I had made a mistake. I was offered the correct model at a new price of $799. Once I finally had access to a computer I checked with the Canon website and again with Abe's website and realized that there are not two different versions. The model # advertised on Abe's website is #9167B001 which is the same model number as the Canon USA website.
No question that Abe's flat out lied. I am in the process of trying to cancel the order - let's see how that works out.

"ordered a us camera and paid for it they sent me an import camera to be used in Japan only. I have no warranty. Called they were to give an after market warranty. Told them to email to confirm this they have not done so. One should be able to get the product that you paid for. I would warn anyone about using this company and the problems you will have trying to get it right"

"Abe's of Maine has exceeded my expectations. I have been astounded by the customer care and support I have received. I will definitely be shopping with Abe's of Maine again as this was one of the most pleasurable shopping experiences i've had. I want to thank Abe's of Maine from the bottom of my heart as they have been genuinely fantastic to me and i'm sure all others. "

"Bait and switch advertising. Upsell tactics, inventory on website not correct. Shady practices.

"Good prices, fast delivery. Thanks Abe!"

"after shopping online for two months abesofmaine came through for me I got exactly what I ordered in 4 days after placing my order joe at ext 266 took allot of time explaining to me the differences between the camera and lenses I ordered I don't usually right reviews but when a job well done ill take my time to share the good news with other people I cant understand why people get so angry there job is to upsell im ok with that I still saved well over 1500 dollars on my kit u guys rock keep up the good work joe another happy customer for life "

"Switch and bait tactics. After ordering, they will call you and try to upgrade your purchase. I fell for it and upgraded for the USA version of a Canon lens. It arrived without a warranty card!! They tried to talk around it by telling you to register it with Canon but anyone can do that regardless of whether it is a grey market or not. I tried to return the item but they said the restocking fee is 15%. Their prices are lower because they make it up with these scams. Buyer beware!

Addendum: After leaving poor comments at some online review sites like this one, Abes called me back and offered me a full refund. I raised my overall score to three stars as part of the agreement for refunding my money.

"Ordered Nikon 18-55 vr II lens at $94. And got it on time and everything is as it is posted on ABE's website, which is an import model, actually I want. The website should emphasize there is no warranty with it. The next lowest price is $117 from other dealer that is with international warranty.
Got calls from SIMON A ext272. Nicely emphasized hidden information with understandable upsale. That may be helpful If you are not knowledgeable enough to the product you want to buy, After I explained all I want is exactly as ABE's posted, he agreed to follow up my order, including free shipping within 3~5 business day.

"Abe's of Maine baits you with extremely low process then calls to tell you that was for the "international version" that comes with no warranty, curbside delivery, etc. If you want the retail version that's 20% more. It's a scam. Even with the upsell the price for a Samsung plasma TV was still the best around, and it appeared to be new, so I guess it worked out okay. Hopefully I won't need to test the warranty status because I don't think Abe's is an authorized retailer for Samsung or I'm guessing any other manufacturer."

modified review This review was modified by tjoneseng on August 06 2014 02:55:34 PM

"Searching the net to buy a lens, somehow I clicked a linked that led me to abesofmaine.com and boy was I lucky to have done that. I got a great price and fast delivery. Thank you Abe's!"

"Seamless from start to finish. I felt comfortable ordering from them because they've been around for so long. I order the 90inch sharp from them and have only good things to say. Shipping company unpacked everything and hooked up the tv for me as promised. I'm happy with my savings "

"Everything went as planned smooth and easy, I ordered the Nikon d800 for about $1,300 below retail price. I got a call to confirm order ( friendly sales rep) everything was shipped on time and needed tracking number was given. I will bring my business back and recommend Abes of Maine to family and friends."

"I ordered a Nikon Lens from Abe"s of Maine and requested that it be expedited. This lens was an Import model and would of taken a couple of weeks. Roy Rivers of Abe's of Maine contacted me and explained to me the difference of an import model (no warrenty and 2 weeks required for shipping). He worked with me and since I was a repeat customer arranged delivery in the time I needed lens and a good price on the non import model. Good customer service and a good price."

"I ordered a Samsung 65" UN65HU8550 4K TV from their website for $2269 including free shipping. I was told it would be delivered in about a week and a half.

I will update this review when I receive the TV.

Abe's of Maine is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Abe's of Maine is a merchant member
Abe's of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,868 merchant members.