• Address: 1805 Lower road, Linden New jersey
    • Contact: abe@abesofmaine.com
    • Phone: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Customer Support: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Business Hours: 9:30am-7:00pm Mon-Thur9:00am-1:00pm FridayOut Sat and SunCell-646-431-1039
    • Fax: 732-909-2464

Product & services pricing Rating 8.64/10 8.64/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.62/10 7.62/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.74/10 7.74/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.83/10 7.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.61/10 7.61/10

"Ordered x100s, received call saying its an import model...bait and switch for me to order the "us model". Received another email that credit card didn't go through and that I needed to call bank...I promptly asked for order to be canceled, but they proceeded to process creditcard against my wishes.
Placed and hold for over 30 mins when calling back for explanation of charge. They said order shiped but cannot provide a tracking number....tried of dealing with them, asking bank to refuse charge. Check their rating on yelp, same story over and over.

"Although I had some issues with fulfillment of my order and the company's front-line customer service, Frank at Abe's was very professional and did as much as he could do to make a bad situation better. Thank you for the time and effort you took to compensate the consumer for an error on the part of the company. You obviously understand the value of providing outstanding customer service."

"I'll never buy any thing again from "Abe's of Maine" and strongly suggest to stay away from such bad seller, very bad disappointing customer experience.

I ordered Nikon D7100 Camera, which was showing as $949.
Next day I got a call from seller (Roy) saying the one which you ordered is an import quality and won't have Nikon Warranty.
If you want a US model and warranty you need to pay $1199, and I got convinced (stupid me).
I authorized them to charge $1199, and they said you will get it in two days.
(If you read other reviews you will see this guy Roy calls every one and tells the same story.)
After 6 days of delay when I called I was not able to reach any one on there service line (which sucks, reaching them is all together a different story of pain).
after 3 hours of try, I reached the person who sold me the camera and he hung up on me :(.
I reached him again and had a frustrated argument, he said his supervisor will call me,which never happened.
I called his supervisor ( as seller give me his number ) and he was more rude than the guy who sold camera.
I got my camera after 10 days of placing order, when I opened box I was surprised, the camera was from a different kit and and in invoice Camera model was written as 'Nikon 7100G', which means it was a gray market product.
It got confirmed when I returned the item and return invoice says item Value was $949, though in paypal account I got $1199.

Worst ever experience and worst ever customer service!
Strongly suggest to stay away from such online

"GREAT customer service, PROMPT delivery, EXCELLENT price, and SUPERIOR product performance!

Thank you Abe's for your singular service. Very truly yours, JBrock (Fairfield, CA)

"I just had a great pleasure of speaking with Jeff Stevens. He called to let me know I had ordered an incorrect model (euro vs standard US). He politely and thoroughly explained the difference in the model. Jeff offered to place the correct model in for me and nouting that this was a Christmas gift, offered to expedite my shipping ensuring I receive the lens for my fiancé right in time for Christmas. He was incredibly professional and thorough and am excellent customer support representative. I would highly recommend him along with Abe's of Maine for future electronics and photography purchase. "

"Ordered a Canon lens in the morning and received a phone call a few hours later from Jeff Stevens. He asked me what model of camera I had to verify that the lens would fit. After that he mentioned that I did not take advantage of their free expedited shipping offer (which I didn't know about) and manually overrided that on my order so I would receive the lens faster. Jeff was very polite and I look forward to receiving the lens in time for Christmas.

Update: Received UPS email that the lens will arrive on December 29th which would be 6 business days. Will adjust the ratings depending on when it actually arrives.

"It's great that Abe's of Maine has the best selection and the lowest prices on professional gear, but what makes them the best & only place to shop is their awesome customer support. A fine example of this is Jeff Stevens. This gentleman is an incredible asset to Abe's as well as their countless loyal customers. Ask for him by name!"

" was in need of a new tv and this place has a great selection of high end for a great price. customer service had good knowledge of their products and helped me find the right one. I'm very satisfied with the level of their products and customer service Thanks Frank for helping me find the right tv for the right price."

"Roy Rivers from Abe's of Maine called me to discuss my order with me. He made sure what camera I had and assured me that the lens I ordered would work with it. Even though I had researched the lens and was pretty sure about it he made me feel that I had for sure made a correct choice. I appreciate this personal touch. Thank you Roy for your help and for correcting any confusion I had."

"I was very pleased with the ease of ordering the lens from Abe's of Maine. On top of that, I received wonderful customer service from Jeff Stevens, who was able to upgrade my shipping at no cost. Thanks!"

"The representatives at this company were very professional with me and very helpful with my order. Highly recommended!"

"Great service- Received a call a couple hours after order placed calling to check on when camera bought to make sure lenses would fit properly. Also, Jeff mentioned there was upgraded shipping available at no charge. So, my daughter will get her lenses for Christmas after all!"

"Not only did they have the best prices around, but Jeff, from customer service called me to confirm that I purchased the correct lens for my camera. He also gave me credit for an expired coupon which entitled me to free upgraded shipping. I was extremely happy with my experience. I will shop with Jeff Stevens and the rest of the gang at Abes of Maine again."

"So far Abe's has been absolutely great! I ordered a lens for my camera and Abe's had it for $100 less than any other company. I spoke to Jeff S. On the phone and he was beyond helpful and double checked to make sure the lens would properly fit my camera and also upgraded my shipping! Between the customer service and deals I couldn't be happier with with Abe's. "

"Great customer service from Jeff. Thanks for free expedited shipping.Highly recommend"

Abe's of Maine is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Abe's of Maine is a merchant member
Abe's of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,920 merchant members.