• Address: 1805 Lower road, Linden New jersey
    • Contact: abe@abesofmaine.com
    • Phone: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Customer Support: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Business Hours: 9:30am-7:00pm Mon-Thur9:00am-1:00pm FridayOut Sat and SunCell-646-431-1039
    • Fax: 732-909-2464

Product & services pricing Rating 8.03/10 8.03/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.54/10 6.54/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.95/10 6.95/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.06/10 7.06/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.44/10 6.44/10

"Abe's of Maine was great for me. Easy purchasing, and the sales rep Jeff called to make sure our camera would work with the lens I had purchased and upgraded my shipping for free. Very pleased with the service and product I received from Abe's of Maine. "

"Great price and easy ordering process.

Was looking to replace our stock lens and after some searching, I found the lens. Abe's of Maine had the lens in stock and at the best price.

After calling in to confirm my order, I spoke to Jeff who extended rush shipping and fast processing.

Thanks Jeff and thank Abe's of Maine for excellent customer service.

"I worked with Jeff Stevens from Abe's to order a new camera lens. Jeff did a great job of answering my questions about lens compatibility and even helped me get expedited shipping. This order was for a replacement for my most commonly used camera lens, so getting good information assuring compatibility and helping me get the product fast was a big help. Excellent service!"

"STAY AWAY! BAIT AND SWITCH SCAMMERS. Do not even think about dealing with these people. They are a disgrace to reputable internet dealers and use snake oil type sales tactics. This is what I experienced...

I ordered a lens mainly because of price and shortly after ordering received an e-mail from "Brian Gold" stating:

"Thank You for your recent ON-LINE order with Abes OF Maine. We appreciate your business. please call us at 732-225-1777 EXT.205. We need to confirm your purchase."

I called and he said that the lens that I ordered was not a USA model but a "factory fresh import". In other words a GREY MARKET ITEM WITH NO WARRANTY. This type of print on a product page is misleading and dishonest. He went on to try to sell me the USA model for $100 more of what I paid originally. After I called him out on the bait and switch and demanded a refund, he said hold on a minute. He returned to say:

"Ok, I'll take the hit and send you the USA model, I don't want you to be upset and write a bad review".

After I confirmed that they were going to send me the FULL FACTORY USA MODEL WITH WARRANTY I agreed.

THEY STILL SENT ME THE GREY MARKET ITEM WITH NO USA WARRANTY!!!!

Did they think I wouldn't notice? They have not heard the last from me, I am not one of those consumers who just sweeps things under the rug when they try to stick it to the consumer. Stay away!

"So far overall satisfied, I've been purchasing from Abe's Of Maine for a little over a year now and I continue to go to them for all my Camera Products. "

"I have used AoM several times. Competitive prices, prompt service, helpful with purchase, knowledgeable of products. Will recommend and rtn on future."

"Not off to a good start but hopefully will improve. I ordered a Canon 6d today from Abe's and after several hours, I received a call from a salesperson regarding my purchase to make sure I was aware that the camera I ordered was not a US camera and would not have a US warranty. He could provide me a US model for several hundred more. When I declined the "up-sell", I was told the camera would ship in 2 to 3 weeks! I told him I paid extra for the expedited shipping and his only response was "well, since they had to get this from a foreign country, it would take that long. I do hope he was mistaken and I'll get my camera in the 3 to 5 business days that I paid extra for! I will certainly update my rating for Abe's as things progress.

Here is my update to my experience. The next day I received a call from Frank regarding my issue. He apologized for the problem and assured me that my camera would ship as ordered on Monday. Today, I received a call from a gentleman named Patrick who confirmed my camera was shipped and provided me a tracking number! I am totally impressed with their promptness and follow through! Granted, I don`t have the camera yet (in shipping) but I would highly recommend them based on their actions!

"Ordered online a 46" Samsung; received email to verify purchase; called them, then was told it would be another 186$ for shipping insurance on top of the order....SCAM SCAM SCAM ....reporting them to the Federal Consumer Protection Agency....when it happens to you do the same:

"I would like to thank Ted Patterson for making the purchase of my UN78HU9000 from Abe's a enjoyable experience. called to ask a few questions about the TV. He was very knowledgeable and worked a great deal for me.
Abe's didn't ask for insurance on the item, they covered it.
I've always enjoyed Samsung TV's and this one is the best yet.
Movies, sports and other HD shows look great on it.

"Perfect,
Bought a Samsung 75", just got it delivered 2 days ago. I saved $900.00.
My sales person was Joe or Joseph.
This is my second time buying from them.

"Many thanks to Morris for addressing my quaestion and helping get products to meet my needs. Excllent service."

"I placed an order for an item I had been seeking for more than a year for a lower than the usual retail price due to my ailing finances as of late. I had never done business with Abe's before but they had the best price by far, considerably lower than the usual retail, so I went for it. I was called by Jeff Stevens to 'confirm' my order. He explained that the lower price was because the item was foreign and not covered by a warranty and had an inferior battery, etc., which was very disappointing to me. I explained my dire financial circumstances to him and that I could not afford the usual retail price, which was identical to their own regular price, and was considering canceling the order But Jeff contacted his supervisor and arranged for me to buy the package at last week's Labor Day special price. Not only did he go above and beyond for me, he was so professional when clearly explaining the differences. I would have been very surprised and disappointed had the inferior product with no warranty had it been sent to me unknowingly. But Jeff had called me and was clear, professional and accommodating and eased any doubts I might have had about Abe's. It is due to his superior customer service ability that I will definitely recommend Abe's to my photography students and others."

"I ordered a telephoto lens for my camera on 9/9/14. Received a call from Jeff Stevens on 9/10/14. He asked me why I didn't get express shipping for free and I explained that I didn't know I qualified for it and he said it expired this morning but since this was my first purchase he would send it express anyway. I received an email from UPS stating I should have my lens by 9/11/14. If it comes tomorrow I will definitely be impressed with Abe's of Maine. Thank you Jeff! "

"I worked with Jeff. Being a novice with cameras and just having inherited a Canon EOS 7D from my father's passing, I had a lot of questions about what the right lens would work for this camera.

Jeff was EXTREMELY helpful in pointing out what the differences were between the lenses that I was looking at on the internet. I didn't understand anything about full frame cameras nor what the value was in an 18-135mm vs an 18-200mm. He explained these things and also informed me of the extra features of the camera that I wasn't aware of.

He was very professional, knowledgeable, and competitive from a pricing perspective compared to what I saw on other websites. I will definitely reach out to him again for all my future needs in camera equipment.

"Very helpful and informative"

Abe's of Maine is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Abe's of Maine is a merchant member
Abe's of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,848 merchant members.