Stores > Abe of Maine

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.57/10 8.57/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.94/10 7.94/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Abe of Maine by clicking a star below.

2017-07-19

"Competitive Prices on certain items"

2017-07-19

Incredible Prices

"I viewed the TV I wanted at a local Best Buy store and Abe's price was $700 below the Best Buy Sale Price. I was on the fence on my purchase until I viewed Abe's Web Site. Having the Wall Mount included at no charge is a real plus."

2017-07-18

Good prices quick checkout!

"They had the best price on an LG 65" OLED TV I've been looking at and they let me use my Canadian billing address and ship to the USA (border city shopper). Quick checkout process and payed easily with credit card."

2017-07-17

read shipping and handling proviso or assume the risk

"i only ordered the tv today so i cannot comment on anything except the website which was easy to follow and intuitive. The reason i docked a star was for the rather strict, some might say punitive return policy, which requires customer to thoroughly inspect tv for damage before signing for delivery. Once signed you waive any recourse to proceed against Abe's leaving your sole remedy to the manufacturer...or possibly the freight company.

I have yet to find a trucking company that patiently waits while a TV delivery and the entire contents are inspected for defects verifying the product is in good working order, before acceptance. do we run electrical cords to the truck before the box is removed?

And a 15% restocking fee is a serious disincentive, maybe a penalty, for a return, high enough to be potentially unenforceable under contract law for a consumer product. But the company is probably operating on thin margins and a few unreasonable customers could quickly erase the company's profits without some means to ensure returns are legitimate so they can recover their costs.

i flipped for the 2 year warranty even though i prefer to self-insure consumer products by assuming the same risk as the underwriter. but a low price and a draconian return policy convinced me some insurance might be warranted not b/c of risk but the time involved if i had to submit a claim. There are stories of minor breaches of policy resulting in protracted issues where no one would accept responsibility for damaged TVs. Not necessarily with this company but many others with low price offerings.

So a little more money paid for the warranty was comparatively small for the peace of mind and seemed reasonable for such a large discount on the tv. i'll update this upon delivery.

2017-07-13

Returning customer

"I have just ordered my new TV at a price that is significantly below that of other sellers. I have purchased other products from Abe's and have always bee vert satisfied with the products and the service. KPM"

2017-07-12

"Great price. I have been following this lens for several weeks on Amazon. Abe's price is about 20% lower. "

2017-07-09

Faster Delivery Guarantee

"Unknown free delivery time is a worry considering the cost of the item. I would appreciate a three-day delivery guarantee without paying extra."

2017-07-09

best price available for premium Nikon equipment

"I had purchased from them a few years back and always had good service. When I decided to go to the next level, I searched for the best price and Abe's came up. Not only for the Nikon d810 body but also for their best lenses. I saved several hundred dollars over the prices listed by Amazon and others."

2017-07-06

Got there. Paid. Got my new lens. Easy peasy

"I just went to the store to buy a Sony 55-210mm for $189.00 and it was smooth. The item was new and I was not hassled as other reviews suggested. This is the 3rd purchase I have made from them and I will use them again"

2017-07-05

"Spoke with one of your reps, can't remember his name but he was very knowledgeable and helped me to make this buying decision."

2017-07-04

"Beat every online seller's price. Lowest I could find on a Canon 7D Mark II. Free shipping too!"

2017-07-04

TV PURCHASED

"PRICE IS VERY GOOD. HOPE DELIVERY WILL BE THE SAME. HAVEN'T RECEIVED THE TV YET AS ORDERED RIGHT NOW."

2017-07-03

great price, and i shopped!

"beat everyones price by far, now lets wait to see the service...."

2017-07-02

Great Prices and I am looking forward to receiving the product.

"I thought Abes Of Maine was the best merchant when it comes to best prices. I am certainly looking forward to receiving the product."

2017-07-01

Attractive Price

"The price here is very attractive! I purchase a Canon lens during the July 4th sale."

Share Abe of Maine's store rating

Abe of Maine is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Abe of Maine is a merchant member
Abe of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,383 merchant members.