Stores > Abe of Maine

Customer service: Rating 9.21/10 9.21/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.64/10 9.64/10

2016-04-27

"Thank You, Jason"

"Jason Scott, Abe of Maine Customer Service Manager, was extremely helpful with a shipping logistics problem. Jason was very courteous. He listened very closely to find out the details of my situation. He then advised me on how we could resolve the problem. The problem was resolved within a few hours of contacting the office."

This review was modified by PStephenson on April 27 2016 11:36:10 AM

2016-04-20

Was a pleasure doing business with Abe's of Maine!

"Everything was smooth and nice, we love our new tv, was as we expected and even when we live in the very south of the country, was here on time and in perfect shape :)

Thank you Jason and Ted!!!

This review was modified by virginiap on April 20 2016 02:21:17 PM

2016-04-18

Rushed order with no problem

"I needed a camera lens quickly and Jeff hooked me up with the fastest shipping. Since I am local, he called to confirm the order and got it to me quickly. Would buy from them again."

This review was modified by LeoGio on April 18 2016 04:56:27 PM

2016-04-18

Jeff is the man!

"Jeff from Abe's of Maine just called to followup on my order. He pleasantly offered me some extra items to go with the camera I purchased. He validated my info and upgraded me to faster shipping. I was extremely pleased knowing my camera would be here for the weekend. This is my first purchase from Abe's and with this type of followup I will be getting the rest of my photo equipment here as well. "

This review was modified by Mrfixit0623 on April 18 2016 12:29:49 PM

2016-04-17

Bait & Switch and VERY RUDE!!! (Update at the bottom)

"My mother has been putting money away for a new television for almost a year now. She is finally ready to purchase and asked me for some assistance. I found her the LG 55EF9500 and searched Google shopping for the best price. Abe's of Maine came up (Google yourself and see) with a price of $2329 with no tax and free shipping. This television sells for $2999 in most all big box retailers and she just couldn't afford that much. She was however willing to stretch her budget a little to accommodate the $2329 price.

Having dealt with them many years ago I advised my Mom that this is a good company and to go ahead and make the purchase. She did. Boy was that a mistake.

The next day she received a call, first asking her to purchase extended warranty plans, and when she declined, telling her that she would have to pay $289 for the shipping. She questioned this and was then told that it's to cover the insurance on the shipment. She texted me what was going on and I told her not to pay them anything more than she already had. Their website specifically stated free shipping in not one but two places (once on the product page itself and another when you are checking out). The man who called her (Jeff Stevens x272) was rude to her and she got off the phone and asked me to step in.

I called Jeff and asked what was going on. He fed me the same line about paying for the insurance of the shipment. I responded by saying you cannot state free shipping in multiple places on your website and then call and basically say "Ha Ha, just kidding, pay us another $289 or you don't get the product". He started yelling at me (bear in mind I did not speak to him in an agitated voice in any way) saying I shouldn't bother ever calling them again until I "learned how to speak to people".

I told him to cancel the order and hung up.

Classic bait and switch operation. Run away!

----------

I wanted to write this update because after posting reviews on Yelp, Reseller Ratings, and the BBB, I received a call from Abe's of Maine's customer service manager who was very nice and very helpful. He apologized numerous times for everything that transpired and agreed to sell the TV to my mother for exactly what is listed on the website (read: no additional charges). The TV was delivered today (white glove) and everything looks good.

This review was modified by kittonian on May 02 2016 08:57:34 AM

2016-04-05

ecxelent

"i placed the order with Abe of Maine with now hassle. Jason in customer service is ecxelent to deal with. I recommend this company to all."

2016-04-04

A pleasure

"Jeff handled my order with efficiency and professionalism. When a problem arose with my card, he quickly took care of it. This is my second camera order from Abe's of Maine and I will order from them again."

This review was modified by msilfer on April 04 2016 02:41:42 PM

Fabulous photo gear!

"I have only been involved in photography for a couple of years and, in my inexperience, ordered the wrong teleconverter for my camera. When I called to ask about the order, I talked with a wonderful man named Ted who helped me find the right one for my camera, changed the order in the system, and gave me upgraded shipping. I just got the lens and love it! Abe's is honest, has a great inventory, and knowledgeable sales people."

This review was modified by peglet on March 23 2016 01:52:13 PM

2016-03-23

BEST PRICE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!

"I shopped around everywhere. I mean everywhere online, and in-store. Abes of Maine had the best price by far! The customer service is outstanding. I will definitely shop at Abes of Maine exclusively in the future. "

This review was modified by Karenwindleydotcom on March 23 2016 12:25:21 PM

2016-03-23

"Jeff call to confirm order and upgrade to express shipping. Great customer service! "

This review was modified by maine0026 on March 23 2016 11:46:49 AM

2016-03-22

good sales

"The sales, Jeff, was very good and responsible. He left me a message and talked to me on the shipping option. Good job. "

This review was modified by quanhema on March 22 2016 02:35:29 PM

2016-03-22

Good Service Good Value

"Great, no hassle web site, I could check out as a guest, if I wanted to. I picked Abe over a slightly cheaper site, because Abe provided clear information about what comes in the box with the flash attachment. Also, I was able to get in touch with a real person that answered all my questions about shipping. They were kind enough to point out I overlooked a free coupon for faster shipping, and were kind enough to apply it for me... Awesome!"

This review was modified by kengraves2 on March 22 2016 08:55:37 AM

2016-03-18

Shady Company

"Ordered a $4000 Panasonic HD camera. Get a call this morning confirming the addresses on the order, everything seems fine. Then it comes out that Abe's of Maine is NOT an authorized dealer for Panasonic and there is NO warranty on this $4000 camera. But Abe's says this is OK. For another $299 they will be happy to sell me a warranty that sounds a lot like Squaretrade. This bait and switch tactic is deceptive at best. I instructed Abe's to cancel my order as I find the way they do business to lack transparency and disclosure.

Then when I mention I'm going to come here and write a review I get a guilt trip about how I'm trying to hurt this guy's family. As if him trying to bait and switch me for $300 on a warranty doesn't hurt my family? Puhleeze. Get some ethics and disclose the fact you are not authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product.

NEW INFO: Abe's has called me repeatedly since posting this feedback, claiming I am making them lose money, hurting their family etc. Literally 4 phone calls from these guys. It's at the point of harassment. This company is absolutely appalling and should be ashamed of the way they do business. Talk about a bunch of children!

This review was modified by longdongsilver on March 19 2016 10:13:20 AM
Rep reply posted Mar-22-2016

A rep from Abe of Maine, dvm1818, has responded

“The customer was offered the Camcorder as is, however we are Not an authorized dealer, the customer asked if the Camcorder came with a Manufactured Warranty, since We are Not Authorized And do not claim to be the answer is No. The customer was upset and requested a Manufacturer warranty However we cannot provide One, We offered a third party Warranty but the customer Refused and asked to cancel the order. We offered to ship the Camera as is but the customer refused said we should have advertised that we are not authorized. As per our policy and terms and conditions if the product is not stamped with Authorization approval then we are not authorized for that product.”

2016-03-17

Michael Greco

"Jeff Stevens was very helpful, beyond nice and helped me through my process of my order. "

This review was modified by MichaelGreco on March 17 2016 11:17:52 AM

2016-03-16

Abe's good price and service

"Abe's of Maine had the best price I could find on a Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT. Plus, the salesman set me up for expedited shipping."

This review was modified by DLesh on March 16 2016 11:19:08 AM

Share Abe of Maine's store rating

Abe of Maine is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Abe of Maine is a merchant member
Abe of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,589 merchant members.