• A Matter of Fax
    • Address: 105 Harrison AvenueHarrison, NJ 07029
    • Contact: kelly@amatteroffax.com
    • Phone: 973-485-6500
    • Customer Support: 973-482-3700
    • Business Hours: 10:00am - 6:00pm Mon-Thur10:00am - 2:00pm FridayClosed SatClosed Sun
    • Fax: 973-482-0715

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.69/10 4.69/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.69/10 4.69/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.31/10 5.31/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"I order a printer in February on a prepaid credit card, they kept emailing me and telling me their was an order problem, finally I called them and they said they couldn't get the printer in question, and told me for additional $ they could upgrade to the next level of printer, I agreed and then they kept emailing me and telling me my card refused the charge. They were trying to charge two printers instead of one. After that mess They were having problems getting the printer in and I finally called and kept calling trying to get through to customer service to cancel the order. I left numerous messages to cancel, now April 2nd they charged on my card the printer without so much as an email. I called my credit card company and filed a fraud charge and now am waiting for a response to the charge. What a ripp off!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am telling everyone, you think you are going to save and you will only get headaches and lose lots of money in the end. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY, RIPP OFF!!!!!!! I did not even receive an email with the order no or anything!!! I only knew they charged the new printer because of my prepaid credit card refusing other orders because this company put it in the red!!!! FRAUD!!!!!!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by vmatts on April 05 2015 05:04:30 PM

"Delivered as promised, product is what was ordered, great price and service,

"Exceptional and personal customer service. Expeditious processing of order. Great prices. "

"Bought a toner cartrige for my copier. It worked for about a week and less than 70 copies and then quit. (product advertised yield of 4k) The refund/exchange policy will only cover if I pay to return the item and if I have the original box (which of course I didn't have because it worked fine in the beginning so it was thrown away) I was told that I could purchase another cartridge and then send this defective one back. Question? Why would I buy anything else after getting junk in the first order? UPDATE>>>> shortly after posting this review, I was contacted by "A Matter Of Fax" and was told that IF I removed this negative review, they would allow me to send the toner cartrige back to them without the original packaging. (but i must REMOVE the negative comments first) Some customer service huh?"

modified review This review was modified by sylvanequip on February 18 2015 09:04:34 AM

"I have been using a matter of fax for all of my electronics purchases for many years now. I have never been let down. Thanks for being there, a matter of fax!"

modified review This review was modified by mimzer on February 02 2015 12:39:53 PM

"I ORDERED A LIGHT BULB FOR MY TV. It was ordered on dec 30. I understand the holiday happened but here it is the 8th and after several ph calls and emails I finally get someone to talk to me and they appolized because the package fell between "something" and did not get shipped. I am told they will ship it today. But I will not hold my breath nor will I ever order anything from them again. I paid for expedited service that didn't happen. And yet they keep my money. Customer service passes it off to someone else. DONT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. Not if you actually want it to arrive. "

modified review This review was modified by Jimjan08 on January 08 2015 07:49:20 PM

"Needed a printer fast - found it here quickly, ordered it and they we quick on the spot. Called and got all the help needed as well as the proper cable and supplies. This is a great place."

" If you want great service for printers and other office products, this is the place. The items I ordered were incredibly cheap and good quality, and I still can't believe how patient and helpful they were.

"It literally is a bait-and-switch - So I read a majority of the reviews on A Matter of Fax and noticed a lot of horror stories BUT also noticed MORE positive reviews... those positive reviews were a little too positive in hindsight - Like many who reviewed this company I too was given the bate and switch - I ordered a HP printer from there website and then next DAY received a phone call from a representative stating "We have a question or two to ask of you." The representative stated that "Since you're ordering a refurbished HP printer..." FIRST OFF NO WHERE ON THE SITE WAS IT EVER-EVER-EVER CONVEYED TO THE PURCHASER THIS PRINTER was indeed a "refurbished HP Printer" IN FACT this printer even qualified for "Free shipping" BUT the representative stated "... we need to send you the none refurbished HP printer with an additional $32 shipping fee... would you like to go ahead and get the none refurbished HP printer?" I politely said "No thank you, lets cancel the order since it can't be filled at the price stated to me on the website" which the representative stated he would cancel the order (I have yet to receive confirmation of cancellation)... long story short PLEASE DO KNOW THE COMPANY (not the people) are just baiting-and-switching... don't be so tempted by there prices"

"worst company ever, they obviously have the printer I wanted in stock but cancel the order several times when I tried to place order. then they raise the price and still say in stock on the website. will never do business with them again."

"Very happy with my purchase. Sales rep was helpful."

modified review This review was modified by Tenillah on December 08 2013 02:33:10 PM

"Great Price. Fast Shipping. Fit Perfect on my TV and works Great! Excellent Customer Service"

modified review This review was modified by Bistala on November 26 2013 01:57:08 PM

"great price for the right product!"

modified review This review was modified by rshar on November 26 2013 08:25:05 AM

"Bait and switch.

Ordered a Kyocera FS-3540MFP for $1,213.95. Two business days later I get a voicemail and an email saying that the printer I ordered doesn't come with an automatic document feeder and it requires it to work. Do I want it for an additional $478.00?

First off, the FS-3540MFP does come with an ADF. There is no version on the Kyocera US website that suggests otherwise. Secondly, even if it did come without it, and it "requires it", why wouldn't you say that on the webpage? I'm not ordering a spare part.

Simply put, it's a bait and switch. Worse yet, it's of an old printer. This is not a new model by any stretch. If you don't want to sell it, then don't. But don't waste people's time by suggesting you have something for a price that you don't.

I cancelled the order. I don't intend to do business with this company again.

"Fantastic Service
I bought a samsung lamp at less than 1/3 of the price others were offering. Shipping was fast and they follow up with a call to check that I have received the lamp. Great AAA+++

modified review This review was modified by Shariq on October 16 2013 02:01:30 PM

Share A Matter of Fax's store rating

A Matter of Fax is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

A Matter of Fax is not a merchant member
A Matter of Fax does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!