• A Matter of Fax
    • Address: 105 Harrison AvenueHarrison, NJ 07029
    • Contact: kelly@amatteroffax.com
    • Phone: 973-485-6500
    • Customer Support: 973-482-3700
    • Business Hours: 10:00am - 6:00pm Mon-Thur10:00am - 2:00pm FridayClosed SatClosed Sun
    • Fax: 973-482-0715

Product & services pricing Rating 7.73/10 7.73/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.23/10 5.23/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.45/10 5.45/10
    Customer service: Rating 5/10 5/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2/10 2/10

"BEWARE - These guys are really bad about bait and switch.. See an unimaginably good deal on their site, walk away. They will wait a day or two, then call and tell you they can't fulfill the order and try to sell you something else. Real bad business"

This review was modified by GoHoosiers1 on June 19 2015 09:00:17 AM

"I'm impressed with a matter of fax. I bought toner cartridges from them. Their prices are usually the lowest, and shipping is really quick.

This review was modified by Shansie5 on May 19 2015 03:16:59 PM

"Our company purchased a Ricoh printer from A Matter of Fax along with a 3-year warranty.

Our printer is used by the majority of our office personnel here and when it is down it greatly affects our business. We have had it break down twice on us, the first time it took them over 2 weeks to fix the issue. Turns out it ended up being a minor issue and they still gave us a run around for 2 weeks.

This most recent time has been a week and a half and we do not have any timeline as to when they will fix it. They attempted to talk us into pro rating us our warranty instead of fixing the issue. It seems that they are doing whatever possible to pass the issue back onto us.

We have not been happy at all with the service and customer care we have received from them since the purchase of the printer. We would NOT recommend A Matter of Fax to anybody looking to purchase through them.

"I purchased some ink cartridges from A Matter of Fax and was delighted with the service and quality of the cartridges. I received my order in a few days. I will purchase from them again and refer my friends to them."

This review was modified by Africamother on April 22 2015 05:39:00 PM

"I order a printer in February on a prepaid credit card, they kept emailing me and telling me their was an order problem, finally I called them and they said they couldn't get the printer in question, and told me for additional $ they could upgrade to the next level of printer, I agreed and then they kept emailing me and telling me my card refused the charge. They were trying to charge two printers instead of one. After that mess They were having problems getting the printer in and I finally called and kept calling trying to get through to customer service to cancel the order. I left numerous messages to cancel, now April 2nd they charged on my card the printer without so much as an email. I called my credit card company and filed a fraud charge and now am waiting for a response to the charge. What a ripp off!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am telling everyone, you think you are going to save and you will only get headaches and lose lots of money in the end. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY, RIPP OFF!!!!!!! I did not even receive an email with the order no or anything!!! I only knew they charged the new printer because of my prepaid credit card refusing other orders because this company put it in the red!!!! FRAUD!!!!!!!!!"

This review was modified by vmatts on April 05 2015 05:04:30 PM

"Delivered as promised, product is what was ordered, great price and service,

"Exceptional and personal customer service. Expeditious processing of order. Great prices. "

"Bought a toner cartrige for my copier. It worked for about a week and less than 70 copies and then quit. (product advertised yield of 4k) The refund/exchange policy will only cover if I pay to return the item and if I have the original box (which of course I didn't have because it worked fine in the beginning so it was thrown away) I was told that I could purchase another cartridge and then send this defective one back. Question? Why would I buy anything else after getting junk in the first order? UPDATE>>>> shortly after posting this review, I was contacted by "A Matter Of Fax" and was told that IF I removed this negative review, they would allow me to send the toner cartrige back to them without the original packaging. (but i must REMOVE the negative comments first) Some customer service huh?"

This review was modified by sylvanequip on February 18 2015 09:04:34 AM

"I have been using a matter of fax for all of my electronics purchases for many years now. I have never been let down. Thanks for being there, a matter of fax!"

This review was modified by mimzer on February 02 2015 12:39:53 PM

"I ORDERED A LIGHT BULB FOR MY TV. It was ordered on dec 30. I understand the holiday happened but here it is the 8th and after several ph calls and emails I finally get someone to talk to me and they appolized because the package fell between "something" and did not get shipped. I am told they will ship it today. But I will not hold my breath nor will I ever order anything from them again. I paid for expedited service that didn't happen. And yet they keep my money. Customer service passes it off to someone else. DONT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. Not if you actually want it to arrive. "

This review was modified by Jimjan08 on January 08 2015 07:49:20 PM

"Needed a printer fast - found it here quickly, ordered it and they we quick on the spot. Called and got all the help needed as well as the proper cable and supplies. This is a great place."

" If you want great service for printers and other office products, this is the place. The items I ordered were incredibly cheap and good quality, and I still can't believe how patient and helpful they were.

"It literally is a bait-and-switch - So I read a majority of the reviews on A Matter of Fax and noticed a lot of horror stories BUT also noticed MORE positive reviews... those positive reviews were a little too positive in hindsight - Like many who reviewed this company I too was given the bate and switch - I ordered a HP printer from there website and then next DAY received a phone call from a representative stating "We have a question or two to ask of you." The representative stated that "Since you're ordering a refurbished HP printer..." FIRST OFF NO WHERE ON THE SITE WAS IT EVER-EVER-EVER CONVEYED TO THE PURCHASER THIS PRINTER was indeed a "refurbished HP Printer" IN FACT this printer even qualified for "Free shipping" BUT the representative stated "... we need to send you the none refurbished HP printer with an additional $32 shipping fee... would you like to go ahead and get the none refurbished HP printer?" I politely said "No thank you, lets cancel the order since it can't be filled at the price stated to me on the website" which the representative stated he would cancel the order (I have yet to receive confirmation of cancellation)... long story short PLEASE DO KNOW THE COMPANY (not the people) are just baiting-and-switching... don't be so tempted by there prices"

"worst company ever, they obviously have the printer I wanted in stock but cancel the order several times when I tried to place order. then they raise the price and still say in stock on the website. will never do business with them again."

"Very happy with my purchase. Sales rep was helpful."

This review was modified by Tenillah on December 08 2013 02:33:10 PM

Share A Matter of Fax's store rating

A Matter of Fax is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

A Matter of Fax is not a merchant member
A Matter of Fax does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!