AV UK Ltd Reviews - avukltd.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.17/10 22 reviews

AV UK Ltd is not a merchant member
AV UK Ltd does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Where is my remote. Bought and paid for 13th april. You never reply to phone calls or emails. Really angry customer"

modified review This review was modified by sidthesnake on May 14 2013 02:21:31 AM

"I ordered a replacement remote control which was paid for on line and arrived within a couple of days. However it did not work at all. I sent it back the next day and have been trying to get my money back for a month now. Have followed up with numerous emails which do not get a reply and the phone is never answered.
Finally managed to get through and they deny ever receiving package back so will not refund me.

DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE!!!

"Use this company at your peril ......unless you want to throw your money away.

I ordered a remote, which was found to be defective on sound control and mute on delivery. Six weeks and numerous delaying emails later, and they now simply ignore my correspondence.

I think that they buy up job lots of controllers that failed final functional testing (for one reason or another) and then sell out to unsuspecting customers. Those who don't complain have probably taken delivery of a controller with a defective function outside of the range of functions they use.

Buy from them at your peril.

"Ordered and paid for genuine make of remote (said "in stock"). This outfit sent out a different AND CHEAPER remote (but from same manufacturer). When I queried they claimed (probably truthfully) that the remote I wanted was no longer available so they'd sent a replacement - they didn't mention the quite large price difference. I did some searching online and they have TWO sites which were advertising the unavailable product, and I also found numerous sites selling the "replacement" at a far lower cost.
They get credit for taking back the product without any hassle but they should never have sent it in the first place - or knowingly sent out a cheaper substitute. Trading standards informed and I've kept screenshots as evidence of what is, at best, misleading advertising. At worst it is a scam where they deliberately charge for one item but routinely send out cheaper product without refunding the difference.
I actually got the same product that they sent out but at less than half the price they tried to charge.

modified review This review was modified by billy691 on August 23 2012 07:41:18 AM

"I've placed an order the 8th of july for a Sharp Remote Control available on their site. I paid with my credit card including shipping. The shipping status on their site says: ORDER PLACED, but untill now (one month and a half) I haven't received anything yet. This firm maybe it's a fake...

The good new is that after this post and after complaining with them on their site, they have changed from "ORDER PLACED" in "SHIPPED"... stay tuned...

modified review This review was modified by plauri on August 20 2012 01:58:19 PM

"I ordered a remote control for my Alba TV set. My order was processed quickly and I had delivery within 2 days. However the item supplied did not work at all and I posted it back next day with a letter of explanation.I have had no response to that letter nor to a subsequent email requesting a refund. I am about to send a letter pressing them to respond. If no prompt action I will be asking my bank to take up a dispute issue with Visa witha view to enforcing a charge-back. I would strongly advise against dealing with this firm. Disregard the pretensions of their website."

"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They will take your money and not deliver your goods. I was ordered remote controle last month 15/03/12,and i still does not have nothing.When i send message to them,they were answered very fast(Your order will be dispatched today by Royal Mail Post. Please accept my apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused.)I received that answer 27/03/12.Today is 07/04/12 and i did not get it."

"excellent service,had problem finding correct remote until I found your wedsite.Fast delivery (free) and remote worked.
great,will recommend to all.THANKS

Rating 8/104/5

"Shame about the bad reviews. I ordered a spare Tivo remote - it was despatched immediately and arrived next day. Good price and good service."

"Wife managed to wash old remote in a duvet cover.
Ordered on a Tuesday and arrived the next day.
Works a treat.
Perfect service!

"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They will take your money and not deliver your goods. They will ignore your emails and phone calls. They are liars and cheats. This company needs to be taken down and the owner sent to prison. It's a disgrace that they are still 'trading'."

"STAY WELL AWAY,DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I placed an order in early november 2011 for a remote control for my Hitachi Hi-Fi, this was in stock at the time, but I still hadn't received by christmas dispite several emails and phone calls all of which were ignored. I contacted my local Trading Standards office, who advised me to write to them and send the letter by recorded delivery. I had to quote the "Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000" stating that as they hadn't kept up their end of the transaction within 30days I was intitled to cancel order and have a full refund. I fully expected to get my letter returned unopened, but to my surprize it was signed for the next day and 7days later I got an email sending their apologise for their dalay and that the item was no longer avaliable and I was getting my money back. I almost didn't believe it but I did get money back a couple of days later. I think this only happened due to the thought of further investingation by Trading Standards. How this company are still in business and allowed to advetrtise and take order is beyond me. "

"I ordered a remote on the 17th okt and just recived it yesterday the 7th dec. And they said it was in stuck when i ordered, and said shipped after placing the order. Came after almost 2 months. Mailed them 5 times before getting it, but they answered first 4 days before it arrived. I wont use them again."

"Hi

The remote for my TV/DVD stopped working, so I logged onto the internet and did a search and found AV UK Ltd offering a replacement remote at the cheapest price. The ordering process was seamless and it arrived in the post this morning. I tried all the buttons and they all work with my TV - very pleased.

"I purchased an original remote control for a DVD player/recorder it was the cheapest on the market and the service was excellent in three says i received the cintrol in Malta. That is excellent service. Keep it up
Vincent Borg